Paul Dallas
(member)
07/16/07 06:51 PM
Re: What's in the Fridge?

Sorry to bring it up on the "What's in the Fridge" thread. Trying to make sense of it all requires alcohol, so I thought it belonged here.

Yes, Oz, you are right. The cost is mind boggling -- an industry unto itself. This guy is getting 4 trials when it is all said and done. One of the defenses' key arguments was the guys childhood -- no doubt, it was messed up, but I listened carefully and kept an open mind. So they called to the stand a childhood development expert, Dr. Wanda Draper who has been on CNN, Oprah, written books, etc. She's not even a real MD. She makes $125/hr plus expenses just going to various capital murder trials in several states to do "consultation work", give testimony, and try to explain a murderers' behavior. Not condone it, but to "explain" it. On this case alone, she has made over $6,000 and counting, for what amounts to a couple days work. And she's done HUNDREDS of cases like it in the past few years in our state and others, all on the taxpayers dime. I'm sure her card is in many public defenders rolodex. If you don't have a defense -- call Dr. Draper! Under cross examination, the prosecuting attorney had a field day with her, reduced her testimony to a pile of rubble. Kinda felt sorry for her.

Ken - yep, being sequestered did suck. But they fed us pretty good. I think I gained 10 lbs.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5