Ozark
(member)
12/05/07 12:39 AM
Re: What's in the Fridge?

I just sanitized bottles, a keg, carboys, autosiphon, bottle filler, etc. on the ol' fish cleaning table. I brought all those inside to my shop.

Tonight I'm going to bottle 5 gallons of the Yellow Dog Lager and keg the other 5 gallons of it. Then, I'm going to rack the next batch, Wheat Bock, from primaries to secondaries. After that, I'll be ready to brew again tomorrow.

The hops jumped up on me in the Yellow Dog Lager. Only 7.3 HBU's, but it's pretty hoppy - and while I like it that way, friends who think BUUUUD is beer won't like it.

I'm going to try brewing Yellow Dog again in the morning. This time, I'll cut the S.G. down to 1.036 and maybe just wave a hop pellet over the boiling brewpot.

I'm looking for a good "lawnmower beer" for the spring - one that won't get me too hammered while I'm catching crappie.

btw - Today I put Stabil in the gas in my fishing boat, tractor, mowers, and tiller - ran them a little, then turned the gas off and let the motors run dry. Have you guys done that? Ya oughta.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5