Ozark
(member)
11/19/09 02:26 PM
Re: What's in the Fridge?

Quote:

Forsythian said:
Hey, btw, if you were gonna fish outa State Park this weekend, what would be your overall strategy? (besides the buttermilk thing)?

I'll have to wait 'til you're along to check the beer selection at the Country Mart, so one of us can watch the boatload of fishing tackle. I don't like to go into big stores when I'm pulling the boat - some of those other "Forsythians" might not be honest.

State Park? Boy, I dunno. There's still a few reports of white bass boiling around there. Other than that, I'd think work a big leadhead jig with a Green Pumpkin grub across the bottom real slow from up shallow clear down to 50 feet of water. The islands, humps, and points around there are big smallmouth territory. You might try a wacky-rigged Senko in the same color up around the banks and bushes, too. I wouldn't know how to find a crappie now.

I've got my deer from last Saturday mostly ground into hamburger and in the freezer, and I'm gonna use the good weather this weekend to try and get another one.

Hey, State Park is where I came in from night fishing one summer about 1 a.m. and found two college-age girls sitting on the end of the courtesy dock, topless, drinking beer. If you see those gals, tell 'em Sam said hi. I bet I remember them a whole lot better than they remember me, though.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5