HAUS
(member for now)
08/16/11 01:06 PM
Re: What's in the Fridge?

just got back from colorado. spent about a week out there at 9500'. took a day and went north to visit my sis, bro-in-law, niece & nephew.

we headed north from their place and hit four breweries in ft collins and then oskar blues in longmont. the next day, we took the mtn route back to the cabin and hit tommyknocker in idaho spgs. skipped the breweries in dillon and frisco and finished up in breckenridge brewery before heading home.

had a good run of luck in breckenridge. got there in time for happy hr. $2 pints and half price appetizers and after we ordered, the waitress came by & asked if i would be interested in a pitcher of ipa for free?
does a hobby horse have a wooden dick??

i won't list all the beers i had, but the highlights were a black ipa @ tommyknocker,
the myrcenary double ipa @ o'dells,
the 1900 amber ale @ ft collins brewing and of course a favorite, the gordon (g'knight) double red ale @ oskar blues.

brought home a 12 pk sampler from deschutes brewing in oregon.. their summer ale is pretty good & the best of the bunch.

if any of you head out west, i highly recommend stopping by the tasty weasel @ oskar blues brewery. 55 gal barrels of peanuts and the beers are awesome... gordon, ten fidy & gubna.. all imperial style beers..
(if i could post pics on here, i would)

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5