Forsythian
(member)
11/27/11 04:58 PM
Re: What's in the Fridge?

Hung out in the garage last night, frying fish on the Coleman stove and listening to Mizzou trounce the whiny flatlanders to our West. Several brews were enjoyed, including a couple of new ones:

Tommyknocker Hopstrike Black IPA- A good "big" beer at 6.5% ABV. They tout the hops on the label, and they come through, but I think what makes this beer good are the roasted notes you expect from a black beer. Sometimes you don't get that. My only complaint is the higher abv masks some of the flavor.

Samuel Smiths India Ale- I imagine this to be more of a traditional "true" IPA, and it was incredibly good! The citrus was there but in the background. Same with the hops, they were there but they were not in your face. I wish this beer was more affordable.

Boulevard Dark Truth Stout- Once poured, your pint glass looks like a black hole. There's anticipation, awe, and a little fear that comes with the first pull. No light escapes as the roasties blast your taste buds and the 9.7% abv warms your innards. This beer ownded me, rendered me feeble. I was its b1tch. Still am.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5