daffy
(member)
02/20/12 01:20 PM
Re: mole wars

Quote:

sptsman said:
I used a multi-pronged approach. I bought the poisons and put lots of it in the runs. That slowed them down. Then I used the scissor traps (google it) and they got some. Finally, I used the garden hose and shovel method, when I had an evening to spare, here and there. I got 90% of them, between the three-pronged approach and the lawn is now recovering. I had them pretty bad.

Here's a tip for the hose and shovel method. Before sunset, tamp down some relatively fresh looking runs. For whatever reason, they seem to be more active in the evening. Give them 15 minutes to an hour and you'll see them active in one or more of the runs you tamped flat. That's a good place to start with the hose. Flush 'em out and cut 'em in half, with the shovel.

I think they just go deeper when the weather turns too cold. Not sure if they hibernate or not...

I've tried the standard mole trap before but have now ordered the scissor type traps. In hope of slowing down the HORDE that seems to think its their yard and not mine.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5