(member)
01/03/13 07:53 AM
Re: Fiscal Cliff - NASCAR Style

Quote:

wuchang said:
All those items in the article have ties to Democratic Party pet projects--
yeah, I know the guy that wrote it is looking at it as a corporate dealio

Thing is corporations just pass the cost through

racetrack-- construction jobs-- road improvements etc-- Union Jobs?

railroads-- high speed rail needs maintenance of existing tracks-- lot of Union jobs

Movie Industry-- liberal stronghold and fundraising center

Mining-- Union Jobs and lawyers

Goldman Sachs-- fundraising and Chicago business methods

Banks-- They have to have some way to pay the "extortion" pressed upon them by this administration

Tax credits--enough said

R&D-- Solyndra, wind energy and all the carbon free stuff

Sound and Fury quote would be appropriate about now.

And, it's been that way as long as governments have been handing out subsidies, because they shouldn't be handing them out to corporations. This is one of reasons the Nationwide race failed in Montreal. The promoters couldn't run it without support from the Quebec government's department of tourism, and each year, the department of tourism would wait until the very last minute to chip in.

NO corporation should be dependant upon any government for its livelihood. Right out of the box, G.M.'s newest stock offering tanked, because it can't support itself on its own, any longer.

Of course the Obama government is going to give to it's pet projects - now you know NASCAR's one of them.

And, these subsidies go on for years, not only at the tax payer's expense, but those of our kids. And, maybe your kid's not watching, but he or she will be paying, just like mine!

This is why, history's a good thing to look at, but you NEVER want to live in it - once that precedent is set with the FIRST subsidy, some rat bas*ard lawyer will drag it out 5 or 20 years down the road, and it'll be in the budget AGAIN. Given the number or grave ERRORS in JUDGEMENT governments make, you know there's more MISTAKES in those budgets than enlightening tidbits on "How to survive independantly", and the lawyers will snoop around and find every one of them....

This is why I can't stand snoops, they have no REAL vision of their own. They just follow.....

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5