dabsAdministrator
()
05/08/14 10:33 AM
Re: He finally connected

I used to be good about hunting logs of each hunt with stories and pics kept on an external drive Bill but have slacked on it for the last few years....I hope to force myself to start that again because you are right, it becomes a history book so to speak to share with generations.

He is the last boy in the house that is still a "youth"...whatever that term means. 6ft 4in and 215lbs at 14 years old. He had a track meet Friday afternoon that was the end of the year big meet. They took 1st in shot put and he came up at the of the meet and asked if he could stay at a friends house and go turkey hunting Saturday morning with his friend and another friend and his dad...it was the first time he would be hunting without me or his oldest brother and, although they are good kids and I know the dad, I didn't have a clue about their safety habits and it was pretty hard to say yeas....but I knew I would be kicked to the curb by him too as the two older ones had done the same.

Was good to be back in the woods Sunday morning and even nicer for him to say the day before wasn't the same because the others made too much noise and it was different.

Hopefully many more years of memories to come with all of them. Many of you know the boy lives baseball and is now ranked high in shot put but says none of that compares to hunting and fishing.

Dabs

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5