MB2
(member)
07/13/07 01:08 AM
Because I said I would...

The first of the cars started arriving today via transport truck. The two Auburns that are here.

This ones real pretty!

Caddy, of course!

Desoto!

A one-off custom car called 'The Flame' on a Kaiser Darrin chassis...

A hot-rod that he brought home last year. I thought GoGop might like the grille!

That 1960 Fiat-bodied race car that I promised you a better shot of.

A sprint car, significant only because of who it's builder was, and a Mathis speedster. The Mathis, although it looks like a race car, is actually a road car. See the headlights? To the left is the front of my son's 1/4 Midget.

I'll get more later Bill, but I still may take the old race car to the track Saturday night. I wish you were here to get better pictures.

SwampFox
(member)
07/13/07 01:37 AM
Re: Because I said I would...

You need a bigger garage.
Very nice collection.

Mel
(member)
07/13/07 03:35 AM

Ms Bud, a guy could spend hours just looking at all the old posters, signs, etc. besides gawking at the autos. I saw some in there that I remember real well. One hell of a collection.

DMac
(member)
07/13/07 03:44 AM

Nice pix, Miss B. Is the Caddy original paint? And is the '32 a repro body? I'm not into the street rods enough to tell, but the firewall has ridges stamped in it that make me think fiberglass. Still neat with the suede paint and the flattie, tho.

fish
(senior member - literally)
07/13/07 03:45 AM

Sammich cars...

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
07/13/07 03:51 AM

Ms B.......impressive indeed!

MB2
(member)
07/13/07 04:27 AM

I have to check about the paint, but the rod is fiberglass. I don't see these cars all the time. Most of the ones for sale, he keeps at the other shop, and the rod & Caddy for sale.

Supercharged Ford Roadster...this, and up to 50's cars are more his 'style', what he keeps to drive. My Mom & Dad like cars that remind them of when they were young.

67Firebird
(Former political advocate)
07/13/07 05:18 AM

You were rightl this car caught my eye before I spotted that you thought it would;

SwampFox
(member)
07/13/07 09:38 AM

(Still cleaning the drool from my chin.)
I linked this thread for some guys that I think will have the same drool problem.

MB2
(member)
07/14/07 10:43 PM

The most desireable of all cars there, and Auburn Boat-tail Speedster. Note the U.S. flag on the barn. lol I had 90 people show up. The furthest car owner was from Florida, and his step children were with him, and they live in Spain.

lol We got rain here, so there's no point in taking that race car on a 6 hour haul to the track.

A four door convertible....An oddity by today's standards.

My son's dirtbike garage. Under the car cover is a 1971 Porsche 914 that he's been restoring for years. The beat goes on! Mel, I got more pictures of artwork, and memorabilia, once the cars were moved out of the garage. Neon too, all lit up.

Mel
(member)
07/14/07 10:54 PM

Ms. Bud,

I have obviously missed something in the previous threads. Where is this, and what was the occasion for all the antique car buffs to be there? I've never seen this many classics in one place before.

MB2
(member)
07/14/07 11:07 PM

Mel, this is at my home. It was a U.S./Canadian meet for the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Club. My Dad has had this in the 'works' since last fall. Car clubs of this nature are fairly political, and it was, in fact, an honour to host this. It's a 4 day affair, and the host hotel is about 70 miles from here. Getting this kind of turn-out of old cars, is also rare, for a Friday afternoon. All of the vehicles in the barn, belong to my family, except for the Auburns. To the left of the white Auburn is a 1940 Chev, which has been my Dad's 'project car' in California for the past 2 winters. He's always building something for himself to keep. You might not even notice it, but that top is chopped, slightly. For himself, he usually restores cars close to original, with minor changes to customize them. I have pictures of his Cord, and more of that car, if you anyone is interested.

Mel
(member)
07/14/07 11:14 PM

Thanks for the info. Now, I understand. The old Cords looked like the elegant cars they were. Yeah, post the pics.

I assume most of the club members have enclosed trailer to move the vehicles, or do they drive them to these events?

DjF
(little buddie)
07/14/07 11:24 PM

Nice cars Susie, good pics...no Chevy Vegas? My first Car was a Vega...damn fine memories with that car!!!

Mel
(member)
07/14/07 11:35 PM

Oops.......I missed the "transport truck" in the very first post. That explained how they got there.

MB2
(member)
07/14/07 11:51 PM

My Mom & Dad's Cord.

The 1940 Chev

MB2
(member)
07/14/07 11:56 PM

Daniel, no Vegas, but have a look at this 1957 Caballero Low Rider. Rare, and it jumps up to about the height of a 4X4 Blazer, when he turns the key. Love the wheels on this thing.

wuchangAdministrator
(spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World)
07/15/07 11:21 PM

Miss Bud

Those are first class photos for first class cars

Got any duesenburgs?

MB2
(member)
07/16/07 01:31 AM

Tell the boss, no Dueseys came to the farm, but, except for 3 or 4 cars, these were all driven here down my dirt road.

This is the best shot I got of our barn, once everyone arrived. It sprinkled on & off, so we were lucky to get lunch in.

DjF
(little buddie)
07/16/07 02:59 AM

All those pics and not one damn shovel...

Susie, you have a nice place there, if you ever need help thinning out the deer herd, just let me know!

Thanks for sharing...

MB2
(member)
07/17/07 10:07 AM

lol

It took almost two years to show you guys who I am Daniel.

There are ALOT of good women role models, in racing, in business, in life in general, unfortunately, they get covered up by Hollywood, by the media, by the bad ones, by the dissolution of the North American family. It's easier to 'paint us all with one brush' and call us thieves and whores, than to actually let us into your lives. Just my take....but, when I came to The Cafe, I decided that I needed to show women like Kelly Earnhardt Elledge as a vital part of the sport. Mothers, wives, and sisters who work countless hours, and, only a few receive the accolades they deserve.

The display of wealth here, undermines who my family is Daniel, but since you are looking for shovels...

Behind the white Auburn is a man in a ball cap, thrift store clothes, GM jacket & white socks. That's my Dad.

From humble roots, come really humble people. We did a few things, including raffling off one of my aunt's handmade dolls for charity. THAT's who my family is.

And me? Well, I fed all these people. That was one of my duties when I ran my team, because, otherwise my guys didn't look after themselves, and so I still do it.

Yes, we have lots of deer here, but we have more

Shovels....

MB2
(member)
09/18/07 05:56 PM

I received my copy of a publication called Old Autos today, and this is what was said about this gathering.

"So the XX meet mood was set - relaxed & friendly, with plenty of chatting time. When ACDers are cautioned' if you decide to leave the tour, 'let us know so we won't worry', it's no wonder newcomers to this meet commented it was like a support group. Participants' cheerful friendliness & teasing included everyone.

Al & Joan Webster, who never refuse to quietly support every major local car show & event, for the XX meet, arranged tours of Legendary Motor Cars, The Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame and The Guild of Automotive Restorers. He had Mike Brady follow the tour by truck, a bus standing by in case of a muddly lane, then went over the top by opening his toy barn. Our hostesses, Joan and their daughter Susie treated us to one of the tours highlights - a catered buffet under an elegantly dry white tent on their spacious 52 acre lawn. The cars loafing beside us enjoyed the pastoral setting. The Websters generously provided goodie bags, floral centre-pieces, but exploring his barn was our major treat. They never miss Auburn. We appreciated their cow-less farm where only old cars roam lush fields."

My Father, is still the same guy he ever was, and was presented with a photograph of him syphoning gas from an Auburn, at the banquet the next day.

Maybe one day Rafe...we'll have a visit.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
09/19/07 05:11 AM

You got too damn much money to be on this board....I'll beat yo' ass!!!

Ya'll look like you have a good time, Miss B.

Uh.....where's the beer tap??

griffin

MB2
(member)
09/19/07 11:39 AM

No tap, but there was plenty of beer in coolers, some things never change...

Take a look at this though....

I don't know where he got it, or how old that banner is, but here today, that banner would say, "Please drink responsibly", or some other PC saying.

Who tole the gubbermint race car fans could read??

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
09/19/07 05:14 PM

Beer by beer!!

Words to live by!

griffin

MB2
(member)
09/19/07 06:52 PM

I have a ton of memorabilia stuff, but this is all I have access to here. I believe this is from the year my folks entered The Great American Race....they race those old cars across the States.

My husband's neon. Told y'all I still bang on all 8.

And, a better shot of Kyle's 1/4 Midget from when he was about 8. It's an original from the 60's with a Briggs motor, so we used this for parades. His racing cart we sold..

He just got a screaming deal on a lathe & mill, with leads on business, so, he'll be spending more time working this winter, when his job cuts him down to 8-4 hours.

wuchangAdministrator
09/20/07 06:11 PM

Kid down the street had a 1/4 midget racer like that-- he used to run a track about a mile from the old neighborhood

I drove it a couple times in the cul d sac where he lived when I was 10 or 11 yrs old-- it was a blast

Seeing all the pictures reminds me of what a rat bastard my boss is by declaring me 'essential personnel' and over riding the vacation request....and he is car nut on top of that ( even if it is old mustangs etc)

really enjoy looking at all those classic rigs

thanks for posting them

MB2
(member)
09/21/07 12:51 PM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Kid down the street had a 1/4 midget racer like that-- he used to run a track about a mile from the old neighborhood

I drove it a couple times in the cul d sac where he lived when I was 10 or 11 yrs old-- it was a blast

Seeing all the pictures reminds me of what a rat bastard my boss is by declaring me 'essential personnel' and over riding the vacation request....and he is car nut on top of that ( even if it is old mustangs etc)

really enjoy looking at all those classic rigs

thanks for posting them

~~*vacant blonde stare*~~

That's because, your boss has to weigh quality vs. your cost vs. his requirements. And keep in mind that I don't know what it is that you do, but this is how it shakes down in my world, where we weigh the needs costs and quality that the owners require.

This is a kit car. Notice it's the same 'model' as the black boat-tail speedster above? Notice the engine compartment is closed? This guy wants a car that he can drive long distances and turn some heads for a reasonable price. Quality is unimportant to him.

This is the engine compartment out of the black boat-tail speedster. The owner of this car took my Dad down to Pennsylvania with him to look at this car before he bought it, unrestored. He wanted a classy, original car that he could show and drive short distances. He paid over $200,000. just in restoration costs alone. He hauls it with his own truck when he wants, and drives it when he wants. He's a down to earth regular guy.

This car, while original, and having some important extremely valuable options like a radio, isn't an extremely desirable, detailed car. The owner is a highend home builder in Toronto. He had the car flatbedded to & from Toronto, and gave the driver all kinds of goofy instructions on how to do it. He paid a fortune for this car, and was itching to take it down to Auburn this year to have it judged. He got his ass kicked. In other words, he's new, and arrogant.

In racing, I had to do the same thing. Weigh a driver's quality vs. cost vs. desires. That's why I have to read to keep up. It's why I like simple.

Now, give me a horse, or a duck, and if I have to look them in the ass, they are all about the same to me.

wuchangAdministrator
09/21/07 04:29 PM

Thanks Miss Bud

but he is still a rat bastard

MB2
(member)
09/21/07 09:54 PM

~~*sitting in the windowsill, having a Blonde beer*~~

Out of all of them, I just wanted this one little Lotus.

wuchangAdministrator
09/22/07 02:58 AM

vampires

MB2
(member)
09/22/07 01:24 PM

Darn, this Blonde beer and it's gargoyles are supposed to ward off evil spirits!

I saw a vampire with a Chinese menu in his hand
Walkin through the streets of MoMo in the rain.
He was lookin for the place called Wu Chang Man's, gonna get a big dish of beef chow mein.

Aaahoo, vampires of Duckhuntin
Aaahoo
Aaahoo

Ya hear him howlin around your forum door, ya better not let him in.
Little old MissBud got mutilated late last night, again.

Aaahoo
Aaahoo

He's the hairy, hairy gent, who ran amok in Independence.
Lately he's been overheard in Fenton.
You better stay away from him, he'll rip your lungs out Pit.
Huh, I'd like to meet his tailor.

Aaahoo
Aaahoo

Well, I saw SwampFox walkin with the queen, doing the vampires of duckhuntin.
I saw Bandito walkin with the Redleg, doin the vampires of duckhuntin
I saw a hardhunter drinkin a pina colada at Trader Vic's
And his hair was perfect.

Aaahoo
Aaahoo
Draw blood

Vampires is the name of that guy's performance & custom car shop.

sptsman
(member)
09/24/07 03:22 PM

Miss Bud - Thanks for sharing the photos. Those are some beauties, to be sure. However, I have to take exception to something you refer to more than once. You continually refer to most of these people as "regular" and "normal" and such. Let me assure you that, while they may be nice enough and polite and courteous to you and your friends, they are far from "regular joes".

Let's call a spade a spade here. These are what most folks refer to as "stinkin' filthy rich". I have no problem with that. In fact, I admire them. But they are about as far from "regular joes" as Tiger Woods is to "just another golfer". Anyone that can drop $100,000 to $500,000 and up, on cars like that, for fun is not a "regular joe".

God bless them all, including you and your pop. But let's not play the "we're just like you" card.

You folks is just plain wealthy...

MB2
(member)
09/25/07 12:25 AM

Patentley, untrue.

While this is the business that my Dad began to build in the early 70's, your statement is about the same as all NASCAR fans are card-carrying asshats.

Take a look at the picture of the Caballero. The man in the white shirt is Frank. Frank owns a septic pumping business. No chit.

The guy in the green shirt is Mike. Mike & I have been buddies since we were teenagers. Mike owns the silver/red Auburn in the garage in the second picture. His Father was a pilot for Air Canada, and Mike bought it from his father's estate. He works for the City of Toronto, on their computer system that operates the traffic lights.

Unlike, race cars, men are almost always the keepers of legacy with regards to old cars.

On the other hand, there is this car.

This car was owned by a well-known Canadian children's entertainer named Mr. Dress Up. His real name was Ernie Coombs. Google him, if you want...

And, like you said, the rich & famous can be taken for their money. The car was still in restoration when he died, and never was completed properly.

That's why, when you deal with these cars, you need to be sure of what the buyer requires. If you 'take' someone, they're not going to buy again, or, if they're unhappy with the car, they will tell their friends.

It's true you must know what it is you're selling.

Everything is a gamble with what we do, including the exchange rate with the U.S. dollar, which is about at par.

~~*wiping the maple syrup from my chin*~~

How much you spend on a dog, is up to you folks. I don't have a very good one.

Pitbull
( FEtch's Son in Law)
09/30/07 05:33 PM

That's purdy awesome pics MB....
. will you adopt me

MB2
(member)
10/01/07 09:48 AM

With your driving record? Doubt it. I do have this 'cowless farm' problem, and those pesky acid flashbacks, so, the the only way I would consider having someone from Iowa live here, is if they could help me to work on this little agricultural side project of mine.

Dirtbikes, cars & men come & go, but cow/goats say, "I love you, forever!"

Pitbull
( FEtch's Son in Law)
10/01/07 03:52 PM

They say i'm purdy good with goats and cows

Not to mention sheep as well.

MB2
(member)
10/02/07 03:18 AM

Well, then, here's your birthday beer, but you best take it to Utah to drink.

Pitbull
( FEtch's Son in Law)
10/02/07 02:49 PM

you ain't right

MB2
(member)
10/03/07 10:01 AM

lol I know.

I am though, in real life looking for help, and someone to eventually replace me at the office, while I spend more time in California learning & meeting associates down there. At this point, I'm hoping for 2 months this winter.

To get to where you're going, you gotta know where you've been.

It's just weird trying to replace yourself, and out of all resumes I've read, and the people I've interviewed, I have chosen a 22 year old guy who is proficient at what he does, and EAGER to learn.

Less is more. All the money in the world won't buy you health, happiness, class, taste, or humour.

Pitbull
( FEtch's Son in Law)
10/03/07 05:04 PM

Quote:

MissBudweiser said:
lol I know.

I am
Less is more. All the money in the world won't buy you health, happiness, class, taste, or humour.

fork him, I want the Job...I could be the next Miss Bud!!

They say money couldn't buy happiness...give me the winning lottery ticket...i'll give it a try

MB2
(member)
10/03/07 06:09 PM

You could be the next MissPabstBlueRibbon too.

Mel
(member)
10/03/07 06:48 PM

He could also be the Queen of the Stumpbroke Cattle Club of Iowa.

Quackers
(member)
10/04/07 03:45 AM

Damn, Miss Bud that was the best thread I've seen on this forum Outstanding!!!

Pitbull
( FEtch's Son in Law)
10/04/07 04:05 AM

Quote:

MissBudweiser said:
You could be the next MissPabstBlueRibbon too.

I miss her

MB2
(member)
10/04/07 11:20 AM

Dammit! Less is more except for boobies, beer & SHOES! It is my greatest fear that I will die and have the innapropriate somber, yet seductive footwear adorning my coffin! I only bought 6 pairs on my latest trip!!

Screw a buncha cars! This holiday season, I may make the pilgimage to see the Christmas tree in Rockefellar Centre, and to search for the holy grail at

THIS is a HUNTING BOARD!! I may have piled up a few race cars in my time, but I'm not giving up the NO FEAR logo yet!! I will boldly go where no woman has gone before to obtain the perfect pinky covers! I will, oh YES! I WILL!

~~*maniacal grin*~~

And, none of you should even be here, unless you are drinking from one of these!

You call yourselves hunters! HA! So say you!

Drake Dropper
(member)
10/07/07 03:29 AM

Quote:

Quackers said:

I'm not even sure what forum this is in, but I do know that this is definately the first time you have actually made any gawdamn sense - Sweet pics

MB2
(member)
10/07/07 11:38 AM

Quote:

Drake Dropper said:
Quote:

Quackers said:

I'm not even sure what forum this is in, but I do know that this is definately the first time you have actually made any gawdamn sense - Sweet pics

Well, thanks, I think! I always did make sense.

I am The Rocket Girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMpAYm94inA

Except, I really have been all these places, and really do put people into their dreams for a living, and one day, I'd like to take all of you there, with me, but I don't hold out much hope of that any longer, so I posted them instead.

I'm just not very domesticated. One day, I'd like to have a rocketship of my own....

Pitbull
( FEtch's Son in Law)
10/07/07 10:47 PM

Put me in a modified so I can tear up some dirt tracks

You can name it..."rocket girl"

MB2
(member)
10/09/07 01:24 PM

I'll get right on it!

Look, check out the sandals on this brat, I betcha you could buy a set of race tires for the price of them!

I just want shoes, no cars!

MB2
(member)
09/30/09 11:24 PM

What was.....the good thing about moving is you find more photos that you had forgotten about. The same car that I had the Watkins Glen archivist find for me.

Top left, at Watkins Glen 1998.

Top right, my crew.

Bottom right, in the paddock.

Bottom left, A.J. Parker, Doug Innes, Brian Simo (wearing one of my golf shirts, instead of No Fear apparrel).

Pretty crappy pictures. lol

What a professional photographer can do, when he's selling...

The full brochure on cars and memorabilia....

http://www.rmauctions.com/pdf/Brochures/RM_AW09_Brochure.pdf

The whole duck ranch....

http://www.toombsteam.com/home_detail.jsp?page=officeListing&MlsId=N1712422&lstperpage=10

I found every text book I read about maintaining this land. Less is more, and I just keep trying to put less on my list each day....

wuchangAdministrator
10/01/09 02:05 PM

Miss B

Great collection of cars-- wish had a pocket full of $$'s because I see several I'd like to have:
53 Caddy
57 Chevy
56 Bird (black)
40 Ford(convertible or the coupe-- I could roll with either)
and the one I'd need tons of insurance and speeding ticket money
33 Cabriolet

and you could throw in the 66 dodge convertible also

My boss is big car freak and he is going crazy with the brochure-- called his home in KC and is talking to his wife about a "road trip" and how much is in the bank. Knowing her, cooler heads will prevail but he is bouncing off the walls right now

Wish you success on the auction and the sale of the real estate

MB2
(member)
10/02/09 09:13 AM

Well, thanks for helping me with the photos all this time.

And, yeah tell the boss I understand. My husband is tighter than Wendy Venturini's blouse buttons on a cold day, but for some reason he now thinks he needs to bid on the Lotus for me.

The housing market here is different. The government laid The Big Green Necklace around The Greater Metropolitan Toronto Area, so developers have stalled all plans just to the south of us. Location, location.

I'm just sticking my toes in the water, hoping for the best, but when the F.D.I.C. starts failing my best guess is that the Real Estate market will rebound, eventually, so it's time to re-invest.

My simplest of business plans have always been this:

People have to have somewhere to live.
People have to eat.
People have to drive.

~~*The rest is gravy*~~

Scout 1
(New order Amish - not be confused with Meninite!)
10/06/09 09:00 PM

People live to drive somewhere and eat gravy.

Is that what yer trying to say, there, ya damn dotty old broad?

SHUT THE HAIL UP and bring us some back bacon and peanut butter sammiches and another case of Molson, DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMIT

And more pierogies with beacon.

How do your stoopid Canucks continually fall ass first into piles of big money, is what I want to know. None of ya work for a living. Yet you all seem to be stinkin rich. Or at least stinkin.

MB2
(member)
10/07/09 10:17 AM

Naw. I'll say it again, and again and again, Jacob.

That man there NEVER spoiled my brother and I. We travelled like gypsies, during the spring/summer/fall as kids, but that was all just how it had to be, you were just part of a team, is all....

So, besides learning me how to sleep, almost anywhere, I learned how to read everything, with a car radio on. I think I could recite word for word what those tags sewn onto car seatbelts, but waste knott, want knott, I got me an edumacation, and worked my whole life. I still rarely turn the T.V. on, just learned behaviour, I guess....it wasn't around me when I was a kid, so I don't use it much or miss it. Even when it was on at home, it was on "Hockey Night in Canada", which pretty much didn't hold my interest long, but living in an Alpha Male household, was probably the only time that old guy wasn't working, so it was the only alone time we spent together.

The basic premise of business is to have a required service. In 1994 when we had the Cup car, we first asked a Canadian to drive it. We were small, and he declined, stating that he'd rather keep trying for a full-time Winston Cup ride. At the time, I nearly fell on the floor when his mother told me they had already invested over one million dollars, personally, in his career. Dougy, the man with his back to you in that picture told her she should have bought him a grocery store. And, he was right. That's driver's name is Randy MacDonald. You can Wiki him to see how well he's done, but that was his choice, not ours and I suppose he's living his own dream.

A required service, is just that, and there aren't many that are recession-proof, because you have to know when to cut your losses, and generally they must be cut during the GOOD times, in order to survive the bad.

Housing
Food
Vehicles

Even during the bad times, they are required.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Family, huh?

My niece in Missouri. Don't ask about her having to get quickly married in Arkieville.

And her American daughter, Katie.

~~~~~~~~~

You know how life is kind of reflected in art?

In Days of Thunder there is a part where Cole Trickle is at Rowdy Burn's farm, after Rowdy was injured. And Rowdy says:

"Spent my life farming, and all I could think about was racing. When I racing, all I could think about was settling down on a farm of my own."

That's pretty much true. One day, I might learn how to bake!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I tell you I use a professional photographer when selling? That niece's brother is the head camera man for "Property Virgins" on HGTV.

And these people put together a floor plan for you pretty reasonably to keep the tire-kickers away.

www.floorplanpro.ca

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5