stoneman
()
02/18/09 04:40 PM
Re: Pigeons , bumper launcher, and electric trainer collar needed

OYD--those are "used" prices I'm willing to pay --except the pigeons . I already checked "new" prices at Cabela's last weekend. $99.00 for launcher ,$139.00 for the training collar with the features I wanted . I didn't know there was a pigeon shortage or price them lately , but use to catch/trap all the pigeons I needed for training and always had plenty in bird pen for that . GB I already had one of those cheap Labs that I got for free , he trained well but didn't have any manners (sorta like the Marley & Me Lab). This time I got a Register AKC Lab with both parents on site and both good hunters with championship titles. Also I do Acorn hunt , right before bow season -- Griffin I too spend at least an hour a day with my new puppy , not a lot of serious training yet but a lot of "Show Pup" training . I bought a DVD recommended by an Cabela's employee "Training the Upland Retriever" by George Hickox , $38.00 , it wasn't really what I was looking for but may return it and get "The 10 Minute Retriever" instead . In the DVD George recommends getting the dog interested in birds before any other training , so thought I'd better get some pigeons . Going to library and Blockbusters today to check out and rent other training DVD's and books and check them out before buying any other training DVD's or books.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5