griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/04/14 10:17 PM
Heading to Canada

I always thought my next trip after our cafe fishing trip would be to duck hunt......not exactly, but I'm damn glad to go watch Grif's return trip for the Sprint Triathlon World Championship.

griffin

rb.
(member)
08/04/14 10:21 PM
Re: Heading to Canada

Hope he does well up there. Looks like he is ready to run.

dabsAdministrator
()
08/04/14 11:21 PM

halfasmuch
(action hero)
08/05/14 10:16 AM

must not have a shoe contract yet!!!

So Tara was telling Gram V. about the athletes she covered for year book.... When Griffin and triathalon came up, Tara told her that He ran track and CC...

Without missing a beat, she says " Does he swim?" When Tara said no... Gram says "oh.. If you are a really good swimmer u just swim for your club not high school!

swampy
(stirrer of chit)
08/05/14 12:12 PM

very cool, I wish him the best

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/05/14 12:19 PM

Quote:

halfasmuch said:
must not have a shoe contract yet!!!

So Tara was telling Gram V. about the athletes she covered for year book.... When Griffin and triathalon came up, Tara told her that He ran track and CC...

Without missing a beat, she says " Does he swim?" When Tara said no... Gram says "oh.. If you are a really good swimmer u just swim for your club not high school!

Gram knows.

He swims with his club team every morning before school or after CC/track practice. The best swimmers in the country all swim for clubs. There are almost no top level high school coaches.

fastman
(member)
08/05/14 12:24 PM

Be careful if Muggs goes along!!!!

67Firebird
(Former political advocate)
08/05/14 02:11 PM

sptsman
(member)
08/05/14 03:57 PM

Put some damn clothes on that boy!! And if he's gettin' in the water, a life jacket...

By the way, I love what you and the Mrs. have done with the flower pot. That is the lowest maintenance you can get.

Travel safe and tell the boy "Good Luck"!!!

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
08/05/14 05:12 PM

Best of luck to Griffin !!
Zero % body fat....reminds me of , well , me.

DuckMeRunnin
(member)
08/05/14 08:23 PM

That's awesome !

I wish him the best of luck.

redleg
(Enzyte - one a day!)
08/05/14 10:26 PM

Way kool wish him the best

fish
(senior member - literally)
08/06/14 12:03 PM

Best of Luck to him !

[edit] Altho I suspect some of it will be to luck but most of it will be from working hard to get there

MB2
(member)
08/06/14 01:27 PM

H2ODOG
(the one who never tires)
08/07/14 03:20 PM

Scott.......here is the picture from last weekends race wreck. Wasn't sure if you had seen it. I think Griff is in the middle of the back, and is about to bunny hop the kid going down in the middle. Alex is on the far right on his back. He wasn't as tore up as he should have been. One bad ass pileup

last_stand
(the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar)
08/07/14 08:03 PM

What a great trip!

Congrats and Good luck!

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/07/14 11:15 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:

Scott.......here is the picture from last weekends race wreck. Wasn't sure if you had seen it. I think Griff is in the middle of the back, and is about to bunny hop the kid going down in the middle. Alex is on the far right on his back. He wasn't as tore up as he should have been. One bad ass pileup

Yep, that's him middle left in the black helmet.....biggest kid. I have no idea how he escaped that wreck. They were right at 30mph and it looked like a bomb went off. Thanks for sending it!!

griffin

H2ODOG
08/07/14 11:19 PM

That poor kid second from the right.....with the bike turned 90 degees and flying through the air......is thinking FORK ME at this point in time. You know that was a hard landing.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/07/14 11:21 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
That poor kid second from the right.....with the bike turned 90 degees and flying through the air......is thinking FORK ME at this point in time. You know that was a hard landing.

Get in the bed of Cody's truck and have hime run it up to 30.....then dive out.....it's about like that.

Forkin' kids are fearless!

griffin

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/07/14 11:23 PM

Griffin said the kid next to him yelled, "Chit's hitting the fan!!!"

griffin

BarryG
(member)
08/08/14 01:00 PM

Best of luck to the young man! griff you & the boss are doing an outstanding job! Congrats!

SwampFox
(member)
08/08/14 11:48 PM

Best of skill to your young man.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/11/14 04:30 AM

Thanks for all the good wishes.....an update of sorts:

Griffin ran in the Age Group Sprint Triathlon National Championships this weekend in Milwaukee. He is now the 16-19 Age Group National Champion and finished 5th overall out of 1730.

The kid works his arse off and deserves whatever results he earns. He is set up well going into the world championships on 8/29 in Edmonton.

Keep the well wishes coming if you don't mind.....Grif thinks the world of you guys/susie and really enjoys reading the interest from you all.

As I have said, this is a crazy ride for our family but it's so cool to watch a young man chase a dream.

THANKS!!

Scott

BarryG
(member)
08/11/14 11:43 AM

We need to see pics of him when he wins BIG in Edmonton! Best of Luck!

HAUS
(member for now)
08/11/14 01:41 PM

Outstanding news!!

It's awesome to see someone at a young age, that is so self motivated. He's got a great future ahead of him, no matter what he does.

rb.
(member)
08/11/14 02:36 PM

That is an awesome finish in a big race. Congrats young man your hard work is paying off in great results.

H2ODOG
08/11/14 02:45 PM

H2ODOG
08/11/14 02:52 PM

I know he wanted to win the whole damn thing............but a Top 5 finish out of the entire field is damn cool. He told me all the big guns showed up for this race. I'm thinking Rio 2016 might be a good damn vacation. .

Pretty cool to watch these boys grow up doing their thing. It's a great ride without a doubt. 11 days to the CBC kickoff tailgate for football. Gonna be a special year without a doubt.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/11/14 04:19 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
11 days to the CBC kickoff tailgate for football. Gonna be a special year without a doubt.

Grif and I will be there! I can't wait to see Cody line up as a senior! Man, this has been a fast deal!

griffin

H2ODOG
08/11/14 04:42 PM

I'm pumped up also. He had 4 people ask him yesterday if he was playing college ball, since he had on a Tshirt from one of his camps this summer. They couldn't believe he was just 17 and in HS. Can't wait to see where it all takes him and Griff.

I know Cody is ready and pumped up to make some players his biatch as he puts it. Those boys have a bright future. Proud of them both. Amazing to get a first hand view of it all too.

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
08/13/14 04:24 PM

Congratulations Griff on your performance.

This kind of outcome reflects a fierce drive and a lot of hard work.

Wasn't sooo many years ago you were just a little squirt...my how time changes things.

You make us all proud!!!

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/17/14 10:56 PM

The bonehead got an invitation today to a 4 day camp, paid through USA Triathlon, at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. Pretty cool deal for him to be able to meet the coaches there and do some training in front of them.

griffin

dabsAdministrator
()
08/17/14 11:28 PM

I am sure he would get there either way but I bet it is nice to the ears to hear paid for by someone else.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/17/14 11:42 PM

Quote:

dabs said:

I am sure he would get there either way but I bet it is nice to the ears to hear paid for by someone else.

Yeah dude.....we are starting to figure out why parents of kids who go to the Olympics end up filing bankruptcy when it's over. It costs quite a bit to keep them competing against the best.

Basically, you can duck hunt and have new trucks/gear, or you can have an aspiring Olympian.....but unless your pay grade is way above mine you can't have both.

griffin

rb.
(member)
08/18/14 12:35 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

dabs said:

Yeah dude.....we are starting to figure out why parents of kids who go to the Olympics end up filing bankruptcy when it's over. It costs quite a bit to keep them competing against the best.

Basically, you can duck hunt and have new trucks/gear, or you can have an aspiring Olympian.....but unless your pay grade is way above mine you can't have both.

griffin

That is some awesome dedication for you and the wife as parents. Congrats to you too for making it possible for him to compete at this level. Hope he goes all the way to the Olympics.

redleg
(Enzyte - one a day!)
08/19/14 09:19 PM

Scott I'll send ya a 20 fer an autograghed pix,,,before and after.....I gots a feelin yer alls ride has just got started good....Enjoy it and be proud the whole dang family,,,,Lil griff is pavin his own road with yer alls help,,,who'd of ever thought eatin minners would do that to a kid....Ya'll rock on,,,,sure we're gonna see more out out of the lil goof in the future,,,be proud pop,,,you all done good.What a dream to live....

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5