wuchangAdministrator
(spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World)
10/23/12 12:52 PM
Re: Quickdraw PSA

Quote:

Muggs said:
You want to hear something pathetic (Coatney is going to love this), the dumb bastards in the Oklahoma Waterfowler Association thinks the Missouri model is the cat's ass and wants to mimic it. I spoke my peace at the one and only meeting I went to, walked out half way through, and got my $25 membership fee back. If Oklahoma goes that route, I'll be pissed.

Muggs

Most of those guys are Fuge guys-- nuff said

Considering that the new wave of creating Oklahoma waterfowl areas mind set is to find scrub land near a lake,river or navigation channel-- scrape out a bowl using the dirt to make the 'dike'-- plant some corn or let it go to cokcleburrs (ie moist soil mangagement)

then flood it

Its cheap-- emphasis on cheap
easy to "manage" for ducks and people will crowd in to them because it is easy to access
(morning draw coming to an area near you soon)

also makes it look like they give a damn about other things than quail and deer

Forget the natural flooded timber areas or places where you actually have to go find ducks--

hopefully all the yahoos will be heading to Billy Creek and places like that will draw all the windowlickers away from some places that I will never name on the internet

They did that to Overcup Bottoms and since they can not rely on the Verdigris to flood every year-- it is only a matter of time for them to pump and with the pumps will come a need to "manage" it even more-- the day they fix the road down to it so you can get up and down that hill in wet weather.... kiss it good bye

Maybe all those OWA types will go to Hackberry Flats and leave Eastern OK alone

ODWC getting its paws on a never ending revenue source.....?
god help us

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5