griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
11/14/14 11:12 PM
Re: wow

I got invited to hunt yesterday evening at one of those St. Charles bottoms clubs right off of 370. I've hunted ducks across the central part of the U.S. at some of the best duck hunting destinations in the flyway........there is no way I'm going to say that yesterday was the most ducks I'd ever seen on a single hunt......but HOLY CHIT!!! It might have been the most ducks I've ever seen on a hunt. For 3 hours, no matter where I looked in a 360 degree circle, there were ducks.....hundreds and thousands of ducks. Flocks of pintails with 100-300 birds, HUGE flocks of mallards, teal, gadwall, etc. It was an amazing sight. I've heard stories of what those bottoms were like in the 50's and 60's......I think I got a picture of it yesterday.

I hope I'm wrong for the sake of most of you......but I'd be willing to bet on a short season based on what I saw, the numbers already being reported in the south, and the forecast lows for the next 10 days. The field was freezing as we hunted.

I'm glad I got a day in a duck blind this year (actually a few days thanks to foots and the merganser piss hole he calls home )......it was something to see.

griffin

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5