sptsman
(member)
07/18/15 12:22 PM
Re: he's a good boy

That's a proud papa moment. It just means you did a good job raising him...

Always a little confused about the Rebel flag folks. Perhaps you can enlighten me Red. You see, I have no great desire to see it banned or offer any great support for displaying it. But it does confuse me. As a result, I err on the side of the 1st Amendment and support your right to fly it. But I also support your right to burn Old Glory and/or fly it upside down. My opinion is that the 1st Amendment is to protect us from the tyranny of the majority, when it comes to discussing or showing our displeasure with the actions of our government. As distasteful as some of these actions or speeches may be, we have a right to them...

That leads me to always wonder what is in the heads of people, when I stand in support of whatever goofy thing they're doing. For example, I want to axe the Ferguson protestors why they think burning an American flag is appropriate and what they hope to accomplish, beyond inciting riots and getting most white people to hate you even more. Of course that leads me to the Confederate flag waving folks. I want to say to them, "Newsflash, that was 150 years ago and that side, thankfully, was soundly defeated. Just what is the point?" I think most just saw it on the hood of the General Lee and thought it was "cool".

So help me out Red. As you know, I'm not that smart (except the sport forum where I have to keep them all in line). Why does one fly the Rebel flag or paint it on his truck or wear it on their clothing? Are you hoping the South with rise again? Is there a secret plan I am not aware of? If so, when will this rising begin? I would have thought it would have happened by now, if it were going to happen.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5