salty
(member)
08/30/06 08:39 PM
Re: Fuel mileage on diesel trucks

Quote:

dabs said:
Kevin;

You have got the world by the balls....everyone was there at one point and time in their life.

Good luck going the 15 year route. Many people buy a house once they decide to settle down and get married....one of the most financially strapped times in a persons life. The difference in payment between a 15 and 30 year loan means the difference between payin the phone bill, water bill and car insurance.

I really aint got a dog in this fight, but instead of 15 year, you might look at a 30 year note only pay half of the payment every two weeks versus making a payment each month. You calculous majors do that math and get back with us.

dab

Yeah, we tend to go the conservative "what if" rought. Meaning a 20 to 30 year note and making the extra payments when we can when it comes time to buy a house. I like to have that padding in our budget for when the chit hits the fan times. Haveing the budget on the 15 year plan, but actually have a 20 - 30 note makes some padding for some peace of mind. I don't know if you are familiar with the Dave Ramsey "Total money make over" stuff, but my wife and I have an emergency - emergency fund.

Your every two week thing is the equivalent of just paying an extra month's house payment every year. It will knock a couple years off of your mortgage, but the 15 year route is the way to go if you can swing it.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5