last_stand
(the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar)
01/21/13 11:37 AM
Super Bowl Whatever

Well now we have to listen to all the brother crap for the next two weeks.......but ANYTHING is better than having a SF-NE match up.

And oh yea, Brady really doesn't like pressure does he? For all the kudos that guy get's half of it should go to his O line.

Go Ravens!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zce-QT7MGSE

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
01/21/13 01:43 PM
Re: Super Bowl Whatever

I hate the thought of having to hear Ray "born again" Lewis and his phony publicity seeking BS for two weeks.

Go NINERS!

sptsman
(member)
01/21/13 01:56 PM

Any way they could both lose?

I suppose if I have to pick it would be the Ravens. The only thing I really hate about them is Ray, "hey-everybody-look-at-me", Lewis. The murdering bastage should be in prison. And the look-at-me routine got old about 10 years ago.

San Fran, on the other hand, has so much more to hate on...

last_stand
01/21/13 06:02 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
I hate the thought of having to hear Ray "born again" Lewis and his phony publicity seeking BS for two weeks.

Go NINERS!

Well wtf Bubba.... If your HC knew how to RUN the friggen ball in the 4th quarter we wouldn't be having to watch the Whiners in two weeks.

ATL's defense lost that game cuzz they couldn't tackle a grandma carrying two sacks of groceries but it could have been overcome by letting ROGERS win the game for them on the final possession.

WTF has happened to football?

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
01/22/13 12:19 AM

I agree!
I hope the game ends in a zero to zero tie and Lewis gets knocked the fork out!

last_stand
02/01/13 04:47 PM

Frisco has the pedigree. They were picked to get here. They have the D, they have the weapons on offense.

BUT it will be the experienced Flacco, and a big day from the Ravens defense that I am looking for to carry the day.

Ravens by 3. Please, please, please.

Can't stand Jim Harbough.

halfasmuch
(action hero)
02/01/13 04:56 PM

Bubba,

I detect the slightest bit of disbelief that SALVATION and INNOCENCE can be purchased by the rich....

I am attending a gathering SUnday where the host has already made it very clear that BORN AGAIN RAY jerseys will not be allowed in his house....

He also is hopeful somebody tromps on the bad bicep on the first play from scrimmage.. where is SUH when you need him?

wuchangAdministrator
(spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World)
02/01/13 05:51 PM

HALFIE

Between this and the Jayhawl Invite thread.... you is on a roll

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
02/01/13 05:55 PM

There is a foosball game this week????

This is how much I care about it ====>

sptsman
(member)
02/01/13 06:51 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
There is a foosball game this week????

This is how much I care about it ====>

Yes, there is a game and I am heading to the grocery store shortly for it. There will be grilled frimps, butterfly'd and seasoned with Tony Cachere seasoning, a few grilled kielbasa's for dipping in spicy brown mustard, chicken wings with Frank's Hot Sauce, enhanced with butter, Tobasco Sauce and a little cayenne pepper, a host of other eats, cold beers, a bottle of Jameson and last but not least an Arturo Fuente Churchill Maduro... A huge bellyache is possible around 10:00 PM...

I'm trying to work up a little concern over the game but can't. I still have to root hard for the Ravens but side with Bubba, in hoping for the tie... Then again, that may not be so good either. Can you imagine the contrived crap we would have to endure, watching the brothers hold each side of the Lombardi Trophy? They would likey have a group hug with both teams and sing Kumbaya...

Go, cough-gag-spit-choke, Ravens!!

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
02/01/13 06:57 PM

I think the chances for a riot are better in Baltimore than San Fran.......plus, I think Baltimore fans would riot whether the Ravens win or lose....therefore, I must go with Baltimore so that there is some good post-game coverage that I'll actually watch.

griffin

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
02/01/13 08:07 PM

Oh come on now Griff! With the type of fine citizenry in San Fran imagine the possibilities in that riot! It would look like VILLAGE PEOPLE gone wild!

Mel
(member)
02/01/13 08:45 PM

Think I will have to go 49ers (and hope).

fish
(senior member - literally)
02/01/13 09:29 PM

Don't really care who wins. Just so that the total score when added up ends with a 9. A C note in it for me if it does

MB2
(member)
02/01/13 10:18 PM

Well, it's all you can eat at the clubhouse, and bring your own beer or wine.

I have been told, that there are no Ravens fans here, so, I'll probably cheer for them.

I'm in with several squares, and then a friend & I will drive to Vegas for a couple of days.

Hellbender
(member)
02/01/13 10:31 PM

I'm picking Harbaugh's team. I've seen them all plus a few NFL championships before that, and at least this year I'm sure of one sure winner.
The real sticky part, IMO, is Kaepernick, I don't know if the Ravens have confronted a running QB. Some defenses handle it and some don't on the first try?

last_stand
02/03/13 12:23 PM

It's supposedly the Niners by 4.

I have to think the game will be close and come down to minimizing mistakes.

Gonna go with the veteran.

If Kaepernick can pull this off, I'll give him his due.

H2ODOG
(the one who never tires)
02/03/13 10:16 PM

San Fran has a couple of ZOU players in Aldon and Justin Smith. I want to see them get a ring. Piss on Ray Lewis. I want to watch Ed Reed smack the dog chit out of someone. That brutha can flat out play Safety and hit a fool.

last_stand
02/04/13 01:07 AM

They might be hanging a spare tire around their neck but right now that's about the only ring they are gonna get.

FORK Jim Harbaugh.

H2ODOG
02/04/13 01:14 AM

I'm waiting for griffin and his prediction. He is ALWAYS spot on when it comes to sports scores and picking winners.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
02/04/13 02:38 AM

Prepare for the post game Ray Lewis fakeration...

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
02/04/13 03:00 AM

Lets start a pool on how many felonies that Ravens players will commit celebrating..

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
02/04/13 03:20 AM

I think it'll be Ravens by 3. The Niners can make it close after coming from behind, like they've done during this run, but it'll be too little to late.

Place your bets!

griffin

MB2
(member)
02/04/13 09:22 AM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Prepare for the post game Ray Lewis fakeration...

It's not okay to ignore the things you don't like.

Guy shouldn't be allowed to breathe.

Paul Dallas
(member)
02/04/13 01:05 PM

Not a bad game. Dragged though, especially with the 40 minute delay.

Kapernick should've been allowed to run wild from the very start. The 49'ers conservative play in the 1st half cost them the game. And Flacco got the MVP? What about Jacoby Jones?

Beyonce sucked. Nice body but it felt more like a lingerie show than a performance. Anyone else think her legs are a bit chunky though? I thought Alicia Keyes was great singing the National Anthem, except for the add-on bit at the end.

sptsman
(member)
02/04/13 01:15 PM

Welp, that was a marathon of a game. I was pleased with the outcome or at pleased as I could be with two teams I wanted to lose. I guess the highlight was watching Jim I-biatch-about-everything Harbaugh whine and cry like a 4th grade sschool girl about not getting a call on his last play. Not only great to see him lose to his much classier older brother but good to see him act like the sore loser he is...

Flacco is what Bradford can be in the next few years. He's not great but he's very good and can win you a Super Bowl. Give Bradford that O-line and a few receivers and he'll be every bit as good as Flacco.

Was the power outage "natural" or foul play? Conspiracy people are not going to buy the tripped breaker exlanation. I'm thinking there was enough money involved that anything is possible. Don't be shocked if foul play is uncovered...

sptsman
(member)
02/04/13 01:31 PM

Quote:

Paul Dallas said:Beyonce sucked. Nice body but it felt more like a lingerie show than a performance. Anyone else think her legs are a bit chunky though? I thought Alicia Keyes was great singing the National Anthem, except for the add-on bit at the end.

Didn't watch the halftime show, because I couldn't give two chits about Beyonce. I did see the Anthem by Alicia Keys and was not impressed. Since when is adding to the end of the National Anthem acceptable? Even without that, her version was a bit slow and less than inspiring. What ever happend to having the military bands and/or a military chorus (or individual)? They always do it right...

Paul Dallas
(member)
02/04/13 01:40 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
I guess the highlight was watching Jim I-biatch-about-everything Harbaugh whine and cry like a 4th grade sschool girl about not getting a call on his last play. Not only great to see him lose to his much classier older brother but good to see him act like the sore loser he is...

Yeah, that was funny. He looked like he was going to cry.

You must've missed it, but the older brother had his own little melt down too. Some big suit was down there explaining to him the power outage and he threw quite a tantrum . . . every bit as bad as his little brothers. After seeing that, if the Ravens had lost, you can bet he would've been crying and complaining that the power outage cost him the game. They both looked like babies.

Paul Dallas
(member)
02/04/13 01:45 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:

Flacco is what Bradford can be in the next few years. He's not great but he's very good and can win you a Super Bowl. Give Bradford that O-line and a few receivers and he'll be every bit as good as Flacco.

Uh . . . .no. Granted, Boldin and Smith are stud receivers, but Bradford just lacks intensity and coolness in the clutch.

sptsman
(member)
02/04/13 02:23 PM

Quote:

Paul Dallas said:
Quote:

sptsman said:

Uh . . . .no. Granted, Boldin and Smith are stud receivers, but Bradford just lacks intensity and coolness in the clutch.

Complete BS... He lacks an O-line, receivers and continuity with and offense (3 O-coordinators in 3 years). Questioning his intensity and coolness is just garbage. How cool can you be on your back, because your O-line can't protect you and your receivers are incapable of getting open? Considering his lack of weapons, a new offense every year and all of the other factors, it's a miracle he's ranked in the middle of the pack statistically. I'd say he's likely better than Flacco. But we may never know, if the Rams continue to Bulger-ize him...

I saw John Harbaugh working the suits during the blackout. That was a lot different thant the whining about the no-call, at the end of the game. But you may be right. Had the Ravens gone on to lose that game, he may have cried tears just as big. The difference is that I don't dislike him as much...

MB2
(member)
02/04/13 02:33 PM

Why did San Francisco decide to throw the ball three times from the five yard line? Kaepernick was rushing for over eight yards a carry. Why stop doing that when it mattered the most?

hmmmmm??

H2ODOG
02/04/13 02:58 PM

Quote:

MissBudweiser said:
Why did San Francisco decide to throw the ball three times from the five yard line? Kaepernick was rushing for over eight yards a carry. Why stop doing that when it mattered the most?

hmmmmm??

Dave Yost stole the headset the last 4 plays

sptsman
(member)
02/04/13 04:10 PM

Quote:

MissBudweiser said:

hmmmmm??

Because the Ravens jammed up the line and basically took away the run. They gave the 49er's the opportunity to beat them with the pass. They banked on a young, inexperienced QB not being able to make split second decisions and excute, in a huge situation like that and they bet correctly. go back and look at how the Ravens played those plays. Runs would have been stuffed...

last_stand
02/04/13 05:21 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

MissBudweiser said:

hmmmmm??

Because the Ravens jammed up the line and basically took away the run. They gave the 49er's the opportunity to beat them with the pass. They banked on a young, inexperienced QB not being able to make split second decisions and excute, in a huge situation like that and they bet correctly. go back and look at how the Ravens played those plays. Runs would have been stuffed...

You can't have it both ways Sptsman and neither can the Ravens.

The Ravens WANTED the whiners to pass because they preferred it to the niners/kaepernick running game.

Jim Harbough forked that up imo. He gave his brother exactly what his brother wanted.... twice.

Funny how there were no antics two weeks ago when Jimmy's team were the benefit of a no-call penalty. I understand he didn't show up for the post press conference. What a cry baby. You'd think he'd at least show up to congratulate his brother in public. Fits his MO, been known to not shake hands after games as well. The guys a pr1ck.

As for Beyonce, not my kind of music but well done. And me, I wasn't in the mood for some skinny azzed model type. Pound for pound it was fine by me. bwaaaaaaaaaa

sptsman
(member)
02/04/13 05:46 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

MissBudweiser said:

hmmmmm??

You can't have it both ways Sptsman and neither can the Ravens.

The Ravens WANTED the whiners to pass because they preferred it to the niners/kaepernick running game.

Jim Harbough forked that up imo. He gave his brother exactly what his brother wanted.... twice.

Uh .... Isn't that what I said?

last_stand
02/04/13 06:06 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:

Because the Ravens jammed up the line and basically took away the run.

go back and look at how the Ravens played those plays. Runs would have been stuffed...

They didn't stuff chit. They didn't take away the run either. Gore had 100+ yards and Kaepernick had 62 most all in the second half.

They needed 4 yards in 2 plays. Run the ball.

H2ODOG
02/04/13 11:09 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

MissBudweiser said:

hmmmmm??

I guess a different Super Bowl was played on your TV Set. Kaepernick averaged 8.9 yards a carry......Frank Gore averaged 5.8. Delany Walker should have been out there lead blocking. The Raven D-line was beat down, and they should have pounded the ball in. It looked like David Yost was running the damn plays. Snapping 4 yards deep from the 5 yard line with a couple of players capable of getting into the end zone by running. Instead of running it with 2 timeouts left, they passed the ball with a short field to work with....something that plays into the Defense's hands. Haloti Ngata wasn't in the game. San Fran beat themselves once they got to the 5 yard line.

DjF
(little buddie)
02/04/13 11:32 PM

San Francisco beat themselves by getting down 28-6 ithink it was, giving up a 108 kickoff return...then panicking, wasting a time out...

Worse than the no call on that 4th down play, was the numerous offensive holding no calls on the safty...that was just blatent...

sptsman
(member)
02/05/13 01:30 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

MissBudweiser said:

hmmmmm??

I guess a different Super Bowl was played on your TV Set. Kaepernick averaged 8.9 yards a carry......Frank Gore averaged 5.8. Delany Walker should have been out there lead blocking. The Raven D-line was beat down, and they should have pounded the ball in. It looked like David Yost was running the damn plays. Snapping 4 yards deep from the 5 yard line with a couple of players capable of getting into the end zone by running. Instead of running it with 2 timeouts left, they passed the ball with a short field to work with....something that plays into the Defense's hands. Haloti Ngata wasn't in the game. San Fran beat themselves once they got to the 5 yard line.

I was referring to Miss Bud's comments about the last 4 plays, not the whole game. Read my post and it refers to that "huge situation" and "those plays." The Ravens played those plays differently than the rest of the game. The rest of the game was a balance of trying to stop the pass, while keeping Gore and Kaepernick in check. Since it wasn't overly succesful, it was apparent that they decided they were not going to get beat on those last four plays by either of their legs. They loaded up the box, filled every gap and made Kaepernick beat them with his decision making and arm. Had they tried to run on those plays, they would not have made it back to the line of scrimmage. It was a gamble on the Ravens part and it paid off.

Where SF screwed up was not using their best end zone weapon for the corner pass, Randy Moss. They also didn't show much creativity in their plays at the end.

I give all the credit to the Raven for that stand at the end. The defensive coaches made some gutsy calls and the players executed. Sure SF didn't pull it off but it wasn;t like they were playing a JV team...

Paul Dallas
(member)
02/05/13 01:34 PM

Randy Moss . . . their best end zone weapon? Apparently, you've been listening to Randy Moss.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
02/05/13 02:48 PM

Did Randy Moss play Sunday?

griffin

Paul Dallas
(member)
02/05/13 03:47 PM

yes. I think he caught 1 or 2 passes

H2ODOG
02/05/13 05:09 PM

There was a couple windows to run when Caepernick rolled out. He could have gotten close if not into the endzone. Loading up one side and faking one direction while running the other. They quit running when it got them to where they were in the game and went straight to the pass. The Ravens loaded the box....which leaves the outside run game open. I know this isn't soccer Andy, so some of the basics might confuse you.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
02/05/13 05:16 PM

Quote:

Paul Dallas said:

He's the greatest!

H2ODOG
02/05/13 05:20 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

Paul Dallas said:

He's the greatest!

He broke his arm patting himself on his back

last_stand
02/05/13 05:58 PM

They tried to get Moss out there but he was busy on the bench.

I believe he was tweeting something to his BA.

So they had to send out their second best.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Maybe Harbaugh should have SPREAD his offense, looked at the D, and then decide.

As it was, Kaepernick saw the stack and called the audible to fade, just what the Ravens wanted, the wrong play.

sptsman
(member)
02/06/13 01:39 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
As it was, Kaepernick saw the stack and called the audible to fade, just what the Ravens wanted, the wrong play.

Exactly! Thank you for confirming my point...

As as far as Moss... Yes he is an a-hole. Yes, he is way past his prime. But if you need one guy to jump for the sky and pull down a pass in the corner, he's probbaly the best weapon they have.

Jeff, that last D was set up to stop Gore and KAepernick, no matter where they ran. Taking the ball to the outside would have just made a 1 or 2 yard loss, into a 3 or 4 yard loss. If Kaepernick and the SF receivers were a little better they would have been hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.

last_stand
02/06/13 02:37 AM

Sptsman, the last play was a casino blitz. Everyone stacked and up the middle right at Kaepernick. IMO, an outside run play would have been highly effective.

Kaepernick called the fade at the line and sure if it worked he's a hero but the odds were not there, the odds were much greater for Frisco to get their 5 yards on 2 running plays. Atlanta did the same dam stupid thing on their last possession two weeks ago.

He barely got the pass off. He threw it out of bounds. He was not the guy to make the play call for the SB title.

This series is not going down in Harbaugh's high lite album.

H2ODOG
02/06/13 03:12 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Sptsman, the last play was a casino blitz. Everyone stacked and up the middle right at Kaepernick. IMO, an outside run play would have been highly effective.

Winner winner Super Bowl chicken dinner. They kept loading the box. A run to the outside with a lead blocker gets ya in for the score. On 2nd down Kaepernick had a hole to get 3 yards minimum. Once on the 5 yard like the Niners went full blow forktard... and broke out the Mizzou playbook. Yost was probably sittin at home saying he would have ran the same crap.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
02/06/13 05:15 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

Winner winner Super Bowl chicken dinner. They kept loading the box. A run to the outside with a lead blocker gets ya in for the score. On 2nd down Kaepernick had a hole to get 3 yards minimum. Once on the 5 yard like the Niners went full blow fork... and broke out the Mizzou playbook. Yost was probably sittin at home saying he would have ran the same crap.

griffin

Mel
(member)
02/06/13 05:05 PM

Quote:

DjF said:
San Francisco beat themselves by getting down 28-6 ithink it was, giving up a 108 kickoff return...then panicking, wasting a time out...

Worse than the no call on that 4th down play, was the numerous offensive holding no calls on the safty...that was just blatent...

Wouldn't have made any difference, Dan'l. Holding on a play in the end zone results in a safety anyway. All teams hold when they are going to take a safety. Would have been more time off the clock on the replay.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
02/06/13 05:52 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

Paul Dallas said:

He's the greatest!

FREE RANDY MOSS!!!!!!!

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
02/06/13 05:54 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:

This series is not going down in Harbaugh's high lite album.

On one Harbaugh high lite album it will... just sayin'...

DjF
(little buddie)
02/06/13 09:09 PM

Quote:

Mel said:
Quote:

DjF said:

Wouldn't have made any difference, Dan'l. Holding on a play in the end zone results in a safety anyway. All teams hold when they are going to take a safety. Would have been more time off the clock on the replay.

Would the penalty yardage be counted off on the kick off though?

last_stand
02/06/13 09:50 PM

Mel I found that out for the first time Monday morning. Some guy was claiming the refs screwed the niners by NOT acknowledging multiple obvious intentional holding fouls by the niners on the safety play. He claimed if the refs had thrown the flag they would have saved all those seconds on the clock that were burned by the punter running in the corner.

My question: In that safety situation would the clock have stopped immediately upon the flag being thrown? If not, then no time would have been saved. If it did stop the clock, that's another rule I just learned.

And I never knew a fair catch could ever be called on a traditional style kick off.

Yep that SB was like a day in schooo.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
02/06/13 10:52 PM

Like sptsman schooo you daily??? Asking for a friend.

last_stand
02/07/13 12:58 AM

First off you don't have any friends.

Secondly, you don't have any friends.

bwaaaaaaaa

last_stand
02/08/13 11:03 AM

Bubba, why can't we be friends?