IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
08/14/14 06:13 PM
MIZZOU Football Fans

Are you excited about this years team? Last years team raised expectations for this year. But IMHO the team lost a lot off last years squad. Most of the talking heads are predicting a third place finish in the SEC East. The Over/under for wins in Vegas is set at either 8 or 8.5. What do you think?

I'm predicting (hoping??)8-4 with a possibility of 9 wins if they get a couple of breaks and stay healthy.

What do you say?

halfasmuch
(action hero)
08/14/14 06:28 PM
Re: MIZZOU Football Fans

Brother, I know you went to a school without a football program in springfield but take another look...

QB check
Rb check
O Line Check
D Line Check
Kicking game check

Its the SEC... Its not so much about talent but about keeping your talent healthy.... WHo in the EAST got that much better than last year? Georgia maybe.. Most have questions here and there just like the ZOU!

Munchkin is on the SEC hotseat.... as if he needed any more pressure in the Swamp... Volunteers are starting to load up on recruits again, but still need to translate it to the field...

Have you consulted our cousin DD on this matter?

last_stand
(the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar)
08/14/14 10:12 PM

Well halfie I hope you are right.

I see a major part of this teams success tied to just how well our young qb runs this offense. Hate to put it on him it is very much a team game but he will be key with both his run and passing game to getting the points we are going to need to keep up to get to 8 or 9 wins. I believe there can be a big upside to him over Franklins performance last season.

And a lot of "experts" have us at 4th in the division.

A month ago I saw the depth chart and the kid from Georgia, Nate Brown, was not on it. I just looked again and he IS there, ranked as a second string wide out but I have a strong hunch this kid is going to have us forgetting who DGB is in a short period of time. Maybe not this year but soon.

Hoping for the best and not so certain on the outcome but yeah, 8 or 9 wins would be a great season for this club.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
08/14/14 11:42 PM

Go Dawgs!!!!

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
08/15/14 01:24 AM

Quote:

halfasmuch said:
Brother, I know you went to a school without a football program in springfield but take another look...

QB check
Rb check
O Line Check
D Line Check
Kicking game check

Its the SEC... Its not so much about talent but about keeping your talent healthy.... WHo in the EAST got that much better than last year? Georgia maybe.. Most have questions here and there just like the ZOU!

Munchkin is on the SEC hotseat.... as if he needed any more pressure in the Swamp... Volunteers are starting to load up on recruits again, but still need to translate it to the field...

Have you consulted our cousin DD on this matter?

DD says 8-4. He says Georgia and SC are loaded and are going to be beasts.

halfasmuch
(action hero)
08/15/14 11:12 AM

Did you know the Ole ball Coach recruited the current stud at your alma mater? Kyle Markway .. going to be a gamecock next year.... Steve Junior came to the V and recruited.

SDSU =V
Toledo =V
UCF =V
IU =V
Sc = maybe on the road always tough
Ga = Could be the first L
FLA = should be V
Va = V
the other KU = V
A&M = maybe an L on the road
Tenn = V
Hogs = V

I count 9-3 as an optimist that we find 5 guys that can catch for Matty ice..

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
08/15/14 01:36 PM

They best be ready for UCF. Even with Bortles gone they are still a good team and an up and coming program. DD says the Gators are improved and we have to go to the Swamp. I would consider 8 - 4 to be a successful season. MU is still not nearly as deep as the other upper echelon SEC teams.

Mel
(member)
08/15/14 02:34 PM

For those of you with Mediacom, they have announced that the SEC channel will be part of the family package. Looks like un's have a home.

H2ODOG
(the one who never tires)
08/19/14 08:14 PM

9-3 or 10-2 on the regular season. Mauk will light up the passing attack......and his running ability will make folks forget who James Franklin is, was, or ever will be. Mauk RAN for almost 1000 yards his Jr. Year in HS and almost 1800 yards his Senior year. Dude can run and you will see his wheels if he doesn't have receivers open. D will be better on the line that it was last season, and our O line is strong as it was last season.

last_stand
08/26/14 02:16 PM

Somewhat disconcerting.

I still say keep your eye on the frosh Nate Brown, if he gets his chance.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/m...3418d19526.html

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
08/26/14 07:38 PM

Let me get this straight...Mizzou opens against South Dakota State followed by Lincoln or an equally weak team...and GA opens against Clemson followed by South Carolina...

Something is wrong with this picture..

last_stand
08/26/14 08:54 PM

Dunno but maybe the Troy and Charleston Southern games on your schedule will help you out.

H2ODOG
08/26/14 09:31 PM

GA has figured out that it is nice to play a cupcake team during their SEC schedule. Gives them time to rest up a bit, only play starters for a half and give them extra time to think about their next SEC opponent. Mizzou starts off with a couple cupcakes, and seems to enjoy the brutal schedule of 8 straight SEC games....or someone hasn't figured out that you should schedule a cupcake game here and there to balance stuff out. Just like playing UCF or Indiana. Should have mixed that in during conference play, but I guess going into conference play at 4-0 is a confidence builder instead of possibly having a couple losses in conference play.

Charleston Southern isn't really a cupcake game....its more of a cake pop game. The waterboy should start at QB that game and possibly half the Dance Dawgs

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
08/26/14 10:46 PM

BAM...there it is.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
09/01/14 01:04 AM

Isn't some Homer going to comment on the game?? A win is a win but the Tigers better step up their game....that is all.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
09/01/14 01:27 AM

I hate to agree with you ever Bubba.. But unfortunately you're right. Several areas of the team (including MM) looked suspect yesterday. They play SEC games like they played yesterday and they're in trouble.

last_stand
09/01/14 11:47 AM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Isn't some Homer going to comment on the game?? A win is a win but the Tigers better step up their game....that is all.

Imagine that. A dawg homer advising another team that they had better step up their game.

I guess last season is just a distant fog for a dawg lover.

Tigers lost a lot of talent last season. They have a few early games to get their play in order.

Since the games now last 4 hours I was able to see most of the second half. I saw some good, I saw some bad.

Coach will work on the bad and see where it goes.

That is all.

wuchangAdministrator
(spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World)
09/01/14 02:24 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

Bubba said:

Imagine that. A dawg homer advising another team that they had better step up their game.

Tigers lost a lot of talent last season. They have a few early games to get their play in order.

Since the games now last 4 hours I was able to see most of the second half. I saw some good, I saw some bad.

That is all.

Homer.....meet.....Homer

that is all

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
09/01/14 04:56 PM

Make me a double Homer...I am a fan of bofe..

That is all..

Oh , and LS , you can't live in the past.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
09/01/14 06:41 PM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

Bubba said:

That is all.

Homer.....meet..... Gomer

that is all

Fixed it for you, Wu.

last_stand
09/01/14 10:01 PM

Touche Barney!

Bwaaaaaaaaa

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
09/01/14 11:39 PM

Which one is GOMER?

H2ODOG
09/02/14 12:32 AM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Make me a double Homer...I am a fan of bofe..

That is all..

Oh , and LS , you can't live in the past.

GA football. 1 win in last 4 bowl games. Scrape by wind against Florida, Tennessee, & that loss to Candy last year. Good thing yall don't like living in the past either.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
09/02/14 12:40 AM

BAM....again

H2ODOG
09/02/14 01:00 AM

Special teams looks good except the jackass kicking field goals. Amazing he has one job to do, sits on his ass most of the game and all of practice and can't do the one thing asked of him that important.

DB's need work. Losing all that experience didn't help us. D line looked great against the run. 2 time All Smerivan Zenner rushed for 103 yards. 75 of it on one play. Outside of that play he averaged about 2 yards a play. Dude might be a FCS running back, but he has ran for 2000 yard each season the last 2 years. The D line needs a better push against the pass. That was part of the problem early in RB game and why those big recievers had a good game.

O line looked great. Hansborough had a great game. Average almost 7 yards a carry. Maul had his moments and had some Gabbert type moments also........like slinging the ball out of bounds late in the game. I expected a bigger game from him on the ground and though the air.

Back to you Homer..........or Gomer........Boomer or Boner.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
09/02/14 01:01 AM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Which one is GOMER?

You're safe bro.

wuchangAdministrator
09/02/14 01:48 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

Bubba said:
Which one is GOMER?

You're safe bro.

last_stand
09/11/14 07:21 PM

Obviously the powers to be are still not believers.

I thought the team played a lot better in week 2 over week one opponents aside.

http://247sports.com/Article/SEC-Football-Power-Rankings-Week-2-30990829

Bubba I guess your Dawgs will roll over the over rated Gamecocks. And coming off a week of rest, too.

But make sure you keep those prayers up every night for that one certain particular Dawg to stay healthy.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
09/12/14 01:51 AM

I wouldn't bet on that LS....The Ol' Ball Coach will have the boys prepared......and I do have Gurley here with me.I am flying him back to Columbia Sat morn.

last_stand
09/12/14 10:45 AM

I am actually pullin for the dawgs this ONE Saturday.

I think.

That might change by kickoff.

bwaaaaaaaaaa

H2ODOG
09/12/14 02:17 PM

I hope GA beats SC by 30. By October 11th Gurley should have a sprained toenail or something .........and we can listen to all the haters saying if GA was healthy they would have won the SEC Easy and beat Mizzou.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
09/14/14 01:20 AM

Nice win for MU. I hope they continue to improve as they have week to week. If they do they can be pretty good. With what happened in other games they will probably make the Top 15 in the next poll.

last_stand
09/14/14 02:14 AM

I do think they are sharpening up....the 3rd qtr pick was huge to turn this game in their favor and dusted them from there. Mauk getting better by the quarter.

But boy, I don't think I'd put them in the top 15 yet. As of Friday they had not broken espn's top 25 power rank.

VA Tech loss will help them move up. Just glad we did not schedule East Carolina for a patsy game this year.

Dammit Bubba, can't the dawgs come thru when we need them? Coulda put SC away for good today but noooooooooo.....can't have that can we??

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
09/14/14 06:23 PM

Ga didn't deserve to win....sorry.

The defense was lost all day and when we could have taken the lead...penalties and missed field goals.

I have been to 2 Mizzou games and the last half yesterday was the best I have seen them. But I don't think they are in the elite SEC teams league yet.

H2ODOG
09/14/14 07:05 PM

Don't you know......Mizzou will never be one of the elite SEC East teams. They will never be able to compete in the SEC.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
09/14/14 07:09 PM

Good Boy...

H2ODOG
09/14/14 10:33 PM

I'm just here to make sure you and dabs have enough to keep you entertained. Keep playing the music and I'll sing the songs

dabsAdministrator
()
09/14/14 10:49 PM

And how did I get drug into this?

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
09/14/14 10:58 PM

Quote:

dabs said:

Quit whining and do your duty!

H2ODOG
09/15/14 01:15 AM

Quote:

dabs said:

As Bubba's lemming, you were already helping him along. Now rl that woman in your basement to go wash her damn hands and make us all a Sammich.

dabsAdministrator
()
09/15/14 05:23 PM

Well then.....wait for it - I guess? The sammich that is!

halfasmuch
(action hero)
09/16/14 11:02 AM

I still have my doubts about the D...the inexperience shows.. even they recognize that they overrum their gaps...

The official sign that they are a contender is when our cousin Dennis Dodd (CBS online football writer) puts them on his schedule!

By the way, hats off to the gayhawks.. they actually found a creampuff (way beyond cupcake) where the Hawks are actually favored!

ANd the ILLINI too..

I didnt know there was that much bad football around!

sptsman
(member)
09/16/14 12:14 PM

Last week for the Mizzou pre-season. They need to work out all kinks and get firing on all cylinders by the end of this game. Mauk seems to be improving each week and looks more and more comfortable. I don't see the offense as much of an issue as the D. Unless they are just going to try to outscore the likes of SC and Georgia, they really need to shore up that D.

After this week it is SC at SC, Georgia at home and Florida at Florida. Winning 2 of those 3 would be a success. After SC took the home loss to A&M, for their opener, I don't see them losing to Mizzou at home. I think Mizzou can beat them but it will take a near perfect game and/or a meltdown by SC. The Georgia game is a toss-up. I would give the advantage to Georgia, if it were a home game for them but it is not. They will score on Mizzou but their D has shown holes. Mizzou out-scores them for the win. The hard one is Florida on the road. They are down but they're still Florida and it is a home game for them. Mizzou pulls that one out and then wins out, with the exception of the A&M game. I see them finishing at 10-2 with a #10 to #15 ranking, at the end of the year. All-in-all not bad.

They have a shot at the SEC East but as we all know, they have to beat SC at SC and Florida at Florida. That will be tough. I'll be rooting for 'em but won't be placing any bets on it...

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
09/16/14 12:54 PM

If they go 10-2 in the SEC they will be in the top 10.. I don't see it. I think 8 wins is a success and 9 is over my expectations.

last_stand
09/16/14 03:12 PM

I thought 8 or 9 wins a month ago and right now I'd stick with that for the money but can see a way to compete for the title if they continue to improve game by game as they have so far this year.

Look at game one and then game 3.

Night and day.

UCF won the Orange Bowl last year, right? I'm sure it's a different team but 38-10 doesn't exactly spell disaster. It was a very solid win.

This season is beginning to take on a very familiar feel. A very RECENTLY familiar feel. Even the pollsters are stuck in 2013 mode, check out the AP sports writers change week to week as the Tigers have to pull teeth to get some attention.

http://www.appollstalker.com/football/team/mu2/2014

Kealy, Sam and EJ are gone. We have some good players on our D but yes, they have to get better and get better quick if we want to compete for a division title.

sptsman
(member)
09/16/14 05:09 PM

Not getting big attention is the best thing that can happen to them. The last thing they need is the distraction of national media hype and sports media types filling their heads with how good they are... In the event they beat SC at SC, they'll have all the attention they can handle.

last_stand
09/16/14 05:29 PM

That's what I said.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
09/16/14 07:22 PM

A month from now I predict Mizzou will be 4 and 3.

DING...

fish
(senior member - literally)
09/16/14 07:31 PM

Hater !!!

last_stand
09/16/14 11:13 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
A month from now I predict Mizzou will be 4 and 3.

DING...

Well I do wish the big three games were:
A) Not this early
B) Not in a row
C) All at home

But let's start with a win against Indiana.

Then on to Columbia.

H2ODOG
09/17/14 07:42 PM

The Mizzou D let UCF go crazy in the first quarter. The last 3 quarters they didn't get much. They could run between the tackles for much Ray & Golden have 14 tackles for a loss between them. Ray leads the Nation. Shane Ray also has 5 sacks, best for 3rd in the nation. Ray is a 1-2 round pick. He is way better than Ealy or Sam thought about being. Golden has 4 sacks on the season. Sure they have over pursued at times, but with stats like that you aren't slacking. The DB's have had issues to start the season, but have looked better and better each game. Matt Hoch out on the D hadn't helped and we will be that much better when he comes back

It's not like we have played some slackers also. Toledo will be a bowl team again this year. More than likely win 8-9 games. They gave up 6 sacks all of last year and returned the same line. Ray and Golden wore those guys slick this year and we didn't get a sack at all last year against that line. 3 point favorite and we blow them out.

UCF won the Fiesta Bowl, had 10 returning starters on D and 5 on the offense. 3 recovers who last year caught 700 yards EACH, a new QB who gets it done with his legs also. UCF will be another bowl eligible team. Like Mizzou, they finished in the Top 10 and got no love in the Pre-Season polls. Our D held them to 10 points. Our O ran over those 10 returning starters who won 12 games. 6 point favorite and it was a rout.

South Dakota State had Zach Zenner, a 2 time All American running back. A kid who rushed for 2000 yards EACH of the last two years. Take way his 75 yard run and we held him to 28 yards on 16 carries. Outside of one busted play, we kept him in check.

H2ODOG
09/17/14 08:25 PM

Mizzou also has to learn to schedule a cupcake game in the middle of the season. Play them between some conference games. Gives us a week to rest up and play some light competition between the good SEC teams.

I'm not as worried about FL as I am SC. 2 years ago in Gainesville we were 18 point underdogs. Mizzou lost 14-7 held a good FL team under 300 yards of offense. Franklin threw 4 picks with a make shift O line. Our D now is better than the 2012 Mizzou D. Florida took 3 OT's to beat Can'tucky in The Swamp. Kentucky's like the 110 best team in D-1

We are home for GA. Mizzou always plays good at home. Maybe Gurley we pull a toenail this week. I doubt we contain him completely, so Mauk needs to put up another 4-5 TD game. At home we should win, but this is the game that worries me most with Gurley. GA thankfully doesn't have much of a QB. Stop Gurley and keep him in check and we win. They sure won't beat us through the air.

SC in SC Should be tough. With that being said, Conner Shaw isn't playing. SC defense is horrible. Kenny Hill wore them slick. Mauk should have a great game. Carolina gave up 300+ yards to East Carolina at home. Their DB's should be returning their scholarships. Their Run D is better, but our RB's will put up good numbers. Mile Davis will get his touches also and so will Wilds, but our D can handle them. Spurrier has had 3 home games and looked average at best in the wins. They looked like a D-II team against A&M.

Call me a Koolaid drinker, but I think we win all 3. 7-0 after the trip to Florida with a Top 8 Ranking

wil e coyote
(member)
09/17/14 08:29 PM

Now tell us about those big three games that are coming up. South Carolina didn't play well there first two. Yeah they played Georgia tough, but that is a big rivalry. They won't get that up for disrespected MIZZOU team. Georgia will be tough, but that's at home and I believe we have the previous week off to prepare. And Florida had trouble with Kentucky, . . . (Kentucky, who will probably finish 2nd to bottom just above Vandy) in the Swamp! No as long as Mizzou continues to be looked over , I like our chances to repeat the East!!!

H2ODOG
09/17/14 09:05 PM

We have an extra week off also before the A&M game, which is now the toughest game I think we will have.

H2ODOG
09/17/14 10:19 PM

Indiana will be prison gang raped this weekend and will hope the flight crashes on the way home. It's gonna be ugly

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
09/17/14 11:33 PM

But but but Dawg they are from the Big 10 plus! They play in a "power conference"! How could that happen???

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
09/18/14 12:28 AM

4 and 3 in a month...

DING...

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
09/18/14 12:45 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Call me a Koolaid drinker, but I think we win all 3. 7-0 after the trip to Florida with a Top 8 Ranking

Dude....if we are 7-0 with wins over UCF, Ga., SC, and Florida we will be ranked 3 or 4.

I'll take 5-2.

griffin

H2ODOG
09/18/14 03:04 AM

How do you figure #3 or #4..........the Polling folks don't love Mizzou that much. That would require us jumping more than likely Auburn, A&M, LSU, Old Piss, Notre Dammit, Baylor, Michigan State, UCLA....while pushing Oregon or Oklahoma down a spot. Lots of teams would have to lose, AND 95% of the AP writers would have to put down their tradition koolaid power house football team cups to vote Mizzou that high. 7-0 with wins over GA and SC......who the writers would just say are part of a weak SEC East......would only jump Mizzou into the Top 10 barely.

Top 3 or 4.........you have been in Eddie's REALLLLLLLY Good stuff.

last_stand
09/18/14 10:46 AM

You guys are gettin Bubba all skeered.

The SC game is the lynch pin. Specially after what they did to us last year at home too.

If we win that game, Katie bar the door and Bubba grab your hooch cuzz you're gonna need it.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
09/18/14 12:11 PM

I aint skeered.....

I gots lots of bandwagons to evoke...

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
09/18/14 12:40 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
That would require us jumping more than likely Auburn, A&M, LSU, Old Piss, Notre Dammit, Baylor, Michigan State, UCLA

Of that group the only one I['ll give you is A&M....the rest aren't nearly as good as their current standing....especially Mich State, ND, and UCLA...those teams are way over ranked.

H2ODOG
09/18/14 12:55 PM

What about Auburn and LSU?? I agree that the rest are overrated and shouldn't be there, but if they don't lose we don't jump them

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
09/18/14 01:25 PM

I, for one, am just looking forward to tomorrow to hear the Great Griffins prognosticatian of the score of the Auburn vs. K-state game.

halfasmuch
(action hero)
09/18/14 06:39 PM

I watch the swamp tiggers as much as the North tiggers...

They are a bit inconsistent on the O side...but they certainly are deep and arent skared to play a tight game in the fourth quarter.

I cant say I always can figure out what the grass chewer has in mind... but he seems to find a way most saturdays...

Of course, he is coaching no end of physical talent!

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
09/20/14 09:05 PM

Umm dawg when does the blowout start?

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
09/20/14 10:33 PM

Rut Roh.........

last_stand
09/20/14 10:50 PM

I missed the game but....apparently....so did the Tigers.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
09/20/14 10:50 PM

Takeaways from today's game:
Can someone explain to Evan Boehmite that Mm is 6 foot not 8 foot tall?
I know there are injuries but that is the worse a MU O-line has looked in forever.
Todd Gurley may run for 300 yards against MU

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
09/20/14 11:22 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Takeaways from today's game:
Can someone explain to Evan Boehmite that Mm is 6 foot not 8 foot tall?
I know there are injuries but that is the worse a MU O-line has looked in forever.
Todd Gurley may run for 300 yards against MU

You forgot Pinkel getting completely outcoached.....that was horrible.

dabsAdministrator
()
09/20/14 11:33 PM

As much improvement as there was from game to game for the first three games got reversed today, for sure.

The defense was wore out all day long. I think any team playing ZOU the rest of the season just needs to fast snap to keep them from substituting and they will be successful.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
09/21/14 01:07 AM

I told the wife when we kicked the FG that we had left too much time on the clock - that was my confidence level in them. There was a whole bunch of plays where there were 4 or 5 missed tackles on one play!! I'm not sure that if Golden would have played that it would have made any difference.

fish
09/21/14 10:48 AM

M-I-Z ,,,,,,,,

P-E-U !!!

That pretty sums up the game for me yesterday. Will the real MU team please stand up ?

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
09/21/14 03:12 PM

May I change my prediction from 4 and 3 in a month to 3 and 4?? Thank you in advance.

H2ODOG
09/21/14 03:36 PM

The Dr is gonna be fixing a bunch of hamstring injuries with everyone suddenly jumping off the bandwagon.

D looked like chit. O line looked like a pee wee football program. 4 false starts. O line couldn't block a fat kid off a Sammich. Boehm snapped high all game. Receivers dropped balls all over the place. Mauk was rubbing for his life all game against 4 D lineman. Murphy ran for like 12 yards on 11 carries.

Pinkle quit getting Hansborough the ball..........and waiting 25 seconds to call a timeout in the last minute of the game with IU on the 3 yard line. Come on man. That basic stuff right there. Call the TO and give you O 40 seconds to score instead of 18. The last 2 plays of the game. You need some hook and ladder or trick play. A pass to an open reciever on the middle of the field all alone doesn't cut it. Pickle failed to make adjustments at half. That usually only happens against great teams, not teams on the lower 1/3 of the Tiny 10

SC looked like ass yesterday against Candy. 2 TD returns. They better bit do Kick to Murphy. Their D looked bad also. About as bad as our O. Florida D game up 2 games worth of O to Alabama. I'm still worried about GA, especially is we don't play any better than the DII school we looked like yesterday.

I hope this was a wake up call and this team gets pissed off.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
09/22/14 02:40 AM

The non-Defense kind of reminded me of the SEC title game last year. There was a movie that described it - "Dazed and Confused."

Maty's happy feet are getting worse. At least yesterday he had a reason some of the time.

H2ODOG
09/22/14 06:43 PM

Some of the time.........dude ran for his life the whole game. When he O line only gives you 2 seconds to throw, you hear to do something. Dude made the most out of nothing the entire first half and still threw for 330 yards. Had then been Gabbert, he wouldn't have completed a pass. Franklin would have sprained his left pinkie finger and passed for a buck 25 with 50-11 picks.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
09/28/14 05:59 PM

Ok , I need to switch back my prediction to 4 and 3. Thanks.

What about the last 8 minutes? Unbelievable , could bode well the rest of the season..

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
09/29/14 12:19 AM

What a comeback!!! I was at Halfies D2 wedding. When word went around that the Tigers had scored and cut it to 6 a crowd gathered in the bar and when they scored again they went crazy!
It could be a springboard. They have a decen shot of winning the East again now. Mauck once again was running for his life. He wasn't good but was great when it counted!

last_stand
09/29/14 01:06 AM

Missed seeing it but heard most on the squawker.

And odd grinding game that the Tigers made the most of in the closing minutes. Very impressive.

Great to knock SC off at home. Great to send their division chances packing. And this was to be their year.

I put this right up their in biggest conference win since joining the SEC. Tigers gain some cred with this one.

H2ODOG
09/29/14 10:27 AM

Mauk had Gabbert feet and left the pocket early several times. He also had a Franklin arm.......overthrowing lots of people under throwing the ball he looked like chit. He wasn't running for his life all game. He was off. His pass to Sasser at the end was a great throw and catch. His pass to Lefty was a laser beam. The rest looked like ass

Murphy finally had a good game running the ball. Hansborough did also. We need them to play a bigger part earlier in the game. Establish the run and then burn them with the pass. I haven't seen than many Mizzou puts since Larry Smith was there. Our D held tough all night long. The O needs to get healthy and work out whatever they need to the next 2 weeks. We control our destiny right now to repeat.

H2ODOG
09/29/14 11:10 AM

Mauk misses his favorite hood rat, smoke a bowl, drag a woman down some steps reciever. Not having 3 bad ass receivers who are 6'5"+ shows. He is a great QB, but right now he doesn't have quality receivers to throw to. He could have used Hunt this week to drop his usual 2-3 passes.

Pinkie better find some better taller receivers if Maty Mauk is gonna be the next Chase Daniel. Mizzou had had great receivers the last several years. T Rucker, Coffman, Maclin, Alexander, Washington, Lucas........to name a few. Right now we have Sasser. Hunt has to step it up and Culkin does too.

I bet Henry Josey wishes he was wearing a Mizzou jersey instead of a Jag's practice Jersey. Another great year in the SEC showing how durable he is would have helped him IMO. His great preseason didn't do much to help him make the 53 man roster.

sptsman
(member)
09/29/14 11:32 AM

True that Mauk didn't have his best game but there were a few factors that need to be considered. While SC's defense has not been stellar this season, it was still a SEC and top 15 team. You don't get there without some sort of decent defense. Second, the O-line was patchwork of players, replacing injured players and playing out-of-position. Most of the time he was leaving the pocket early was due to pressure. Let's not forget that Mauk isn't exactly a seasoned veteran at QB. He's still learning the ropes. I also would love to know his actual height. They list him at 6'-0" but I think he really only gets there with his platform shoes on.

If it weren't for the Indiana debacle, this team might be in the top 10 this week. After watching Georgia squeak by Tennessee, I think Mizzou has a legit shot at beating them. Then again, I thought they'd beat IU by 20 or more...

H2ODOG
09/29/14 12:11 PM

McGovern is back in the spot he started last year. McNulty has played well once he came in. The line isn't in shambles like it was 2 years ago. It just needs to gel and do a better job. Mauk needs to believe and trust them. There was a late hit in the 4th quarter on Mauk that wasn't called also. He threw the ball, dude took 2 steps and hit him high in the shower and helmet area. They didn't call it. Should have. The SC bastard threw up his hands after he did it like oooopppps. Didn't mean to do it.

The line also can't be expected to block for 7-8 seconds at a time. The receivers have to do a better job. I hope we take advantage of this extra week off and get healthy. We need everyone back in top form for Bubba's Dawgs.

H2ODOG
09/29/14 12:24 PM

A win against GA gives us the head to head wins and allows Mizzou to have a couple losses in conference play and still win the East.

It still won't get us any respect repeating as East champs. When Mizzou bass horrible year with tons of injuries...........we aren't ready to compete in the SEC. Win the East and its because everyone else had injuries. Repeat as champs and its because everyone else is having an off year and the SEC east isn't that good. I still think we have another 10 win season

The experts say we will get eat by A&M and Arkansas at home. It's our 4th trip in 5 meetings to play A&M at home. We stopped Manzel and Evans last year with our pass D. I like our chances again this year. Win next week and we are sitting damn good for a repeat. Loss and we are still in the hunt. The win at SC in the last couple drives was a big confidence boost for Mizzou. Maybe that will get the O going and wake them up finally.

halfasmuch
(action hero)
09/29/14 02:51 PM

Apparently, it is not socially correct for the father of the bride to leave the reception area and go watch football with the rest of the ZOU types.. The grooms family all (and even the wimmin) showed up wearing Louisville Cardinal colors..

But as I told one of the non football types, I was "mingling" like I was supposed to... just happened to be time to mingle with the Zou crowd!
I am not totally sold on the Tiggers winning the east ....
A Georgia win would be huge.. That RB cant be solo tackled.
IF they could get a lead and force the dawgs to throw it, they have a chance!

My Tennessee Orange Koolaid drinkers swear they are getting better every game and they are willing to be right now that the VOLS whoop the Zou! They claim all those Frosh will be grown up by then... Apparently, there were at least a dozen kids that there first plane ride was the trip to Oklahoma1

H2ODOG
09/29/14 05:53 PM

The only fans more delusional than a Vol fan is a Piss State or Ole Piss fan. Tenn fans think they will compete for a National Championship every year before the season starts, no matter who is coaching, what happened last season, or if they had to replace every player on the team. Tennessee is getting better and should be great in a few years with all the experience those freshman will have in 3 years. Their QB on Saturday was on his back more than my college girlfriend after a KA frat party. If they don't start protecting him better, he will be in a hospital gown instead of a football uniform. I know they don't want their Soph QB in there.

If our O plays the same way against GA we won't have a chance to come back. A win against GA doesn't guarantee a repeat, but it puts is in control. 2 losses later still give us the head to head against USC and UGA we they both win out

last_stand
10/09/14 11:09 AM

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/m...28dca3f1cc.html

Sure it's going to come down to the trenches.

To stop Gurley.

This game is not beyond the Tigers reach, but ALL cylinders are going to have to be humming to pull this off.

So the D wants to make Mason try to beat them.

And MM's offense needs to roll with both parts of their game against the dawgs vulnerable defense.

Has the makings for a barn burner.

I'm gonna guess here.....the Tigers will be ready, Gurley will get his yards, including a long one, but the game will turn and be on Mason and when it comes to Mauk versus Mason I like the Tigers chances.

Oh yeah.......Fork U Bubba!

halfasmuch
(action hero)
10/09/14 12:15 PM

I will be treading water at Lake of the Ozarks during the game.... I hope lightning and thunder improve the reception in the boat!

I agree that Gurley gets his yards but Mizzou should be able to put up 24-28 pts...

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
10/09/14 02:55 PM

Why last stand , was that really necessary?

I just happen to agree with your assessment.

If you happen to look around the 50 yard line on the east side either half way up or in the sky box area ..... I will be the red dot in a sea of gold .

Mizzou 32
Dawgs 28

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
10/09/14 03:03 PM

My cousin NostraDennis the sportwriter says MU by 7. He expects TG to get his 150 and at least one score. He says the Dawgs defense is not that good and is verrrry thin in the secondary. He expects MM to put up some #'s. The Tigers had an extra week to prepare and are getting healthier with some wideouts back from the injury list.

last_stand
10/09/14 04:36 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:

No.

But some one told me a long time ago it was considered standard protocol around here.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
10/09/14 05:05 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

Bubba said:

No.

But some one told me a long time ago it was considered standard protocol around THIS PISSHOLE.
bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Fixed it for you..

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
10/09/14 05:10 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
My cousin NostraDennis the sportwriter says MU by 7. He expects TG to get his 150 and at least one score. He says the Dawgs defense is not that good and is verrrry thin in the secondary. He expects MM to put up some #'s. The Tigers had an extra week to prepare and are getting healthier with some wideouts back from the injury list.

Your cousin is correct. Dawgs lost 2 more Defensive backs this week and they aren't strong there to begin with. Missing two starting wide outs and the number 2 running back . And Mason is not as strong as Mauk. The only plus for the DAwgs is Gurley.....LS and I stand by our prediction.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
10/09/14 08:41 PM

Well , hell.......Just saw where Gurley is suspended indefinitely while under investigation for violating NCAA rules...

Last Stand and I wish to change our prediction..

Mizzou 32

Dawgs 17

H2ODOG
10/09/14 08:51 PM

Mason couldn't pass a bucket full of chicken and money around at a black family reunion. Without Gurley, GA has no offense. Theu are screwed. It might turn into a shutout. Bubba..........you still have time to jump off the GA bandwagon and into the Mizzou one before Saturday am.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
10/09/14 10:08 PM

Welcome to the discussion .
Fortunately for me I am on both bandwagons. I'm thinking Mizzou shirt with my ga hat.

wuchangAdministrator
10/09/14 10:52 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Fortunately for me I am on both bandwagons. I'm thinking Mizzou shirt with my ga hat.

Mugwump Bubba

sptsman
(member)
10/09/14 11:08 PM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Quote:

Bubba said:

Mugwump Bubba

Mugwump? Damn Wu, how old are you?

Fork the NCAA and all of their stooped rules. Yeah, this helps Mizzou but damn, don't we want to see the best teams play with their best players. Unless the dude committed a felony, just do like everyone else in the SEC and bury it. The only thing I can figure is whatever happened was about to hit the media...

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
10/09/14 11:38 PM

He allegedly got money for his autograph...

Mugwump?? I think I am offended.

wuchangAdministrator
10/09/14 11:41 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:

Mugwump?? I think I am offended.

At least you aren't strangely aroused

H2ODOG
10/10/14 01:15 PM

Perhaps if the NCAA allowed student athletes to make more
Money than the pocket change they currently "allow" them, there wouldn't be an issue. The Nazi association makes billions and billions while the student athlete is screwed over

Free Todd Gurley. Free Pete Rose.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
10/10/14 01:28 PM

Free Todd Gurley!!!

H2ODOG
10/10/14 01:31 PM

Lemming.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
10/10/14 03:56 PM

I AM Todd Gurley !!

HAUS
(member for now)
10/10/14 04:02 PM

I like black dudes named Todd.

Free all of em!!!

dabsAdministrator
()
10/10/14 04:17 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
I AM Girley !!

Auto-correct must have got you

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
10/11/14 11:49 AM

Go Dawgs!!

last_stand
10/11/14 01:24 PM

Win or lose, I'd rather have your boy playing.

It's still a big game for the conference, Tigers still have to have their offense clicking like the 4th quarter two weeks ago and NOT like the first 3 quarters 2 weeks ago

GO TIGERS!.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
10/11/14 07:03 PM

Oh , Hello. How is everybody?

Oh , Dog......don't you have something you want to share with everyone????

last_stand
10/11/14 08:04 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Oh , Hello. How is everybody?

Oh , Dog......don't you have something you want to share with everyone????

Hi Bubba.

Did you have fun at the game?

Was the traffic bad?

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
10/11/14 08:15 PM

Well ,hi , Last Stand. I had a blast at the game. Unfortunately the other 50K people surrounding me weren't so jubilant. We left early , so the traffic wasn;t bad at all and was tail gating at 9 ..so it was all easy peasy.

Saw my Buddy , dog . he was giddy early on...later , not so much. But...he has something he wants to share...wait for it.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
10/11/14 08:25 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Well ,hi , Last Stand. I had a blast at the game. Unfortunately the other 50K people surrounding me weren't so jubilant. We left early , so the traffic wasn;t bad at all and was tail gating at 9 ..so it was all easy peasy.

Saw my Buddy , dog . he was giddy early on...later , not so much. But...he has something he wants to share...wait for it.

"Wait for it" is right.

Damn....what a forking beat down.

I'm checking the logs to see if LS has offed hisself.

griffin

H2ODOG
10/12/14 02:50 AM

Wait for it

H2ODOG
10/12/14 02:50 AM

H2ODOG
10/12/14 02:51 AM

Wait for more of it

H2ODOG
10/12/14 02:51 AM

H2ODOG
10/12/14 02:52 AM

Free Todd Gurley

H2ODOG
10/12/14 02:58 AM

At this point, I would have rather had this guy throwing the ball than Mauk

last_stand
10/12/14 10:14 AM

I love me some easy peasy.

And by the way, those pics really are worth a thousand words.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
10/12/14 03:10 PM

The Win was not what I expected.... Especially the ass whipping part.

But I must say dog in his dawg gear was the highlight of the day !!

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
10/12/14 03:16 PM

Dawg that had to hurt bad.

That is the worst MU has looked in a loooong time. Everyone from Pinkel on down to walk-ons has ownership of that disaster..

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
10/12/14 07:16 PM

HAHAHAHAHA!!

My brother Dog is always a good sport .....I think I would have donned the red as well. What a forking disaster.

griffin

H2ODOG
10/13/14 12:57 AM

That was an abortion of a football game. I saw Bubba a row in front of us about 50 feet away. Couldn't help but put on the Dawg gear after the beatdown Mizzou took. Worst game I've seen since the Woody days. Shorty and gang was literally sitting about 8 rows behind Royce.

I put on the gear so I could feel like a winner on Saturday, even if for the moment. Good to see ya Bubba. Wish you could have went home with a frown on your face instead of that big ol smile.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
10/13/14 02:40 PM

Good times , dog! And we do agree on one thing ......
FREE TODD GURLEY!!!!!!!

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
10/17/14 06:53 PM

Any prognosticators on here giving the Tigers any reasonable chance to win in the Swamp? Before the Georgia game I was hopeful. Now not so much.. I am becoming less and less of an MM fan. As much "happy feet" as he has you'd think he was from San Francisco.. Just sayin'

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
10/18/14 12:11 AM

Free Matty Mauk!

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
10/19/14 11:58 PM

20 yards passing????? DO not free Matty Mauk.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
10/20/14 01:44 AM

If you would have told me that MU would have more penalty yards than passing yards and that we would have a total of 119 yards of offense I would have told you that it would be a blowout.. Never expecting that we would be on the positive end of it!!
While the Gators do have a good defense, the O-line is terrible and MM looks lost. Definitely has the deer in the headlights look about him..

H2ODOG
10/20/14 02:54 PM

When your defense scores twice and give you the ball back on the 5 yard line..........and the special teams puts 2 more scores on the board............that tends to keep the offense sitting in the bench. Hard to get a rhythm. The O didn't so much when they were on the field from the looks of it, or it would have been a 70 point blowout. The O needs to get to the basics. A quick slant across the middle. Bubble screen. Quick outs. Get the 5 yard passes and work on the down the field stuff. We don't do the basics but expect to get those deep bomb quick strikes. Those over the middle passes work with our crew and lead to big gains with the poor tackles. It's been our go to play the last 4 years.

Pinkie better recruit some tall fast receives. Mail misses DGB. Hunt couldn't catch Ebola is he drank a puke bowl straight from Wesr Africa. Maui didn't have happy feet last year. Is Gabbert the new QB coach? He got lots of bad habits from last year to this year. Play calling looks like Yost came back with Gabbert.

H2ODOG
10/20/14 02:58 PM

Only 2 times in last 15 years has an FBS team held their opponent to less than 150 yards of O and lost the fame. Both teams were Musschamp coached Gators. I imagine 1000 For Sale signs were in his front yard by Saturday night. He will be out after the season thanks to Mizzou. "HomeofToto" will be looking for a replacement again. Maybe the Big 12 will welcome him back. .

Mauk only three 2 passes in the 2nd half. The Florida D is a good team. Their O is horrible. Worse than ours. Mizzou out together an 18 play drive in the first half. That's tough to do. Penalities still kill us. That no block in the back, called block in the back was a killer or it would have been another O TD. Mizzou needs a good game on O to get back on track. Hopefully that is against Candy at home this weekend. They are horrible. Worse than ever.

Mizzou has won 6 straight SEC road games. SC and Arkansas have. Ever done that.....EVER. LSWho hasn't done it in a decade plus. Mizzou is 4-5 in home SEC games, yet 7-3 on the road. At this point I'm ready to play every SEC game on the road

H2ODOG
10/20/14 03:25 PM

I will say this about our D. It's a beast. Ray is a top 5 pick. Golden a top 15. Brantley is a monster on the inside. JD can play and stack up the inside. Top 2 round pick. GA put up points. It our D was gassed since Mauk couldn't keep his guys on the field.

Mixzou D is holding this team together

1st in SEC sacks and least yards per play allowed
2nd in passing yards per play and per game passings for SEC
3rd in SEC for yards per game & rushing yards per play
4th in Points per Game allowed

If the damn O was holding their end up, there wouldn't be a loss and Mizzou would be a top 5 team. Still a shot at the east of GA losses another game and we win out. Hopefully the O will find their groove and help finish the season strong getting is into a great bowl game or a second straight title game.

sptsman
(member)
10/20/14 06:39 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
I will say this about our D. It's a beast. Ray is a top 5 pick. Golden a top 15. Brantley is a monster on the inside. JD can play and stack up the inside. Top 2 round pick. GA put up points. It our D was gassed since Mauk couldn't keep his guys on the field.

While I agree the D is doing OK, let's not try to polish a turd by making excuses for them in the Georgia game. They were owned from the first snap of the ball through the end of the game. They may have eventually been gassed but that doesn't account for the fist two quarters of complete domination of MU's defense.

If the MU offense wants a lesson in how to dominate a game, without the best offensive talent in the SEC, all they need to do is go back and watch tapes of the Georgia game. Georgia simply dominated them with the most basic plays by chewing up yardage and clock one short play at a time (of course MU allowed many to be longer plays).

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
10/20/14 07:53 PM

Yeah , what sptsman said...

H2ODOG
10/20/14 08:15 PM

You don't have the Defensive stats the Mizzou D has, by having a bad D. They had a bad game. You act like our D line is Vanderbilt. Steckle got out of his game plan. No blitz packages. No pressure. Just lay back and wait for them to run all over us. Hell, why not stack the box and dare them to throw. Instead all the PA system said was chubby the ball carrier for 4 yards. When you only put 4 guys in the box against 5-6 you can expect an ass beating. Steckle was out coached. Pinkle was out coached. No adjustments. We held GA to their lowest average yards per carry of the season with no blitz packages. And a 4 man line.

You call it polishing a turd, but you're most pessimistic Monday morning arm chair quarterback in the history of Monday morning homers.

wil e coyote
(member)
10/20/14 08:58 PM

... but that doesn't account for the fist two quarters of complete domination of MU's defense.

Are you kidding me Georgia scores 3 on there first drive. Mauk turns it over twice and Georgia walks away with only another 3. If they had complete domination as you say, it should have been 17 - 0.

H2ODOG
10/20/14 10:13 PM

Quote:

wil e coyote said:
... but that doesn't account for the fist two quarters of complete domination of MU's defense.

Are you kidding me Georgia scores 3 on there first drive. Mauk turns it over twice and Georgia walks away with only another 3. If they had complete domination as you say, it should have been 17 - 0.

Stop polishing the turd.....you aren't allowed to do that. Mizzou was dominated by GA for 4 quarters according to sportsman. The score says so.

H2ODOG
10/20/14 10:51 PM

Just in case Sportsman missed the GA game here is a reca

Mizzou fumble to start game after 4 plays. GA field goal 11 pays 45 yards. Not exactly a beat down on the D
Mizzou seriers #2. 3 plays. INT. GA 4 plays. 3 yards. Punt.
Mizzou series #3. 2 plays. INT. GA. 7 plays. 14 yards. FG
Mizzou series #4. 4 plays 16 yards Punt. GA 13 plays. 71 yards. TD. Not exactly running all over. Considering it was a 13 play drive.
Mizzou series #5. 3 plays. 5 yards. GA 10 plays. 65 yards. TD. To this point 5 Mizzou O series for 47 yards burning off 7:02 of the clock. GA had the ball 17:26 seconds. Well over 2:1
Mizzou series #6. 3 plays. -4 yards. GA 3 plays. 0 yards punt
Mizzou series #7. 4 plays. 22 yards fumble. GA 3 plays. 9 yards punt
Mizzou series #8. 3 plays 26 yards. Halftime.

Mizzou 10:12 seconds total O possession to 29:48 for GA. So who is getting gassed at this point????

2nd half.
GA 6 plays. 10 yards Punt. Mizzou 3 plays. 32 yards :52 seconds INT
GA. 4 plays. 15 yard punt. Mizzou. 8 plays. 45 yards INT
GA. 9 plays. 50 yards. TD.
Mizzou 3 plays. -1 yard. Punt. GA. 10 plays. 52 yards. 6:30 minutes. TD
Mizzou 3 plays. -5 yards. Punt. GA 9 plays. 45 yards. 6:24 minutes. Ball game.

GA got 3.6 yards a carry on the run. Their longest run was 18 yards. Their longest pass play was 14 yards. Not exactly getting beat by big plays over and over. Controlled the ball for 42 1/2 minutes of a 60 minute game. GA had 2 long drives for scores. The rest of it was field position close to mid field on 6 of their 10 possessions. Mizzou O started behind their own 30 yard line on every series but one. 13 of GA's 34 points came from TO's. 5 turnovers on short fields but they limited the damage to 13 points. Could have been way worse. Our D didn't lose the game. The offense did

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
10/20/14 11:16 PM

BFF....slow down , your google app is going to implode.

H2ODOG
10/21/14 12:16 AM

That was simply an ESPN stat page copy and paste Bubba. I know that is above your internet skills. Coule clicky clicks, and a few extra thoughts of mine. I'm sure Mr. Monday QB will tell us all how your Dawgs dominated our D all day.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
10/21/14 01:35 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Coule clicky clicks, and a few extra thoughts of mine.

Bro - which thoughts were yours and which ones were just normal thoughts?

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
10/21/14 01:36 AM

Hey, how come our emoticon dudes are paralyzed???

sptsman
(member)
10/21/14 12:06 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:

Mizzou fumble to start game after 4 plays. GA field goal 11 pays 45 yards. Not exactly a beat down on the D
Mizzou series #4. 4 plays 16 yards Punt. GA 13 plays. 71 yards. TD. Not exactly running all over. Considering it was a 13 play drive.
Mizzou series #5. 3 plays. 5 yards. GA 10 plays. 65 yards. TD. To this point 5 Mizzou O series for 47 yards burning off 7:02 of the clock. GA had the ball 17:26 seconds. Well over 2:1

Mizzou 10:12 seconds total O possession to 29:48 for GA. So who is getting gassed at this point????

2nd half.

GA got 3.6 yards a carry on the run. Their longest run was 18 yards. Their longest pass play was 14 yards. Not exactly getting beat by big plays over and over. Controlled the ball for 42 1/2 minutes of a 60 minute game. GA had 2 long drives for scores. The rest of it was field position close to mid field on 6 of their 10 possessions. Mizzou O started behind their own 30 yard line on every series but one. 13 of GA's 34 points came from TO's. 5 turnovers on short fields but they limited the damage to 13 points. Could have been way worse. Our D didn't lose the game. The offense did

I cut and pasted this:

Missouri 0
Georgia 34

At the beginning of my post, I said the D was doing OK. So, ease up and try not to be so defensive (no pun intended). And try to be a little objective when evaluating that game. My post was not indictment of the Mizzou D. It was merely pointing out that the Georgia game was not their finest hour. The offense (and coaching) being worse does not give them a free pass. They had a bad game, a turd, in fact...

Now let's look forward to Vandy and UK. Mizzou should crush Vandy and beat UK, just like Inidi... uh, never mind

H2ODOG
10/21/14 02:38 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:

2nd half.

I cut and pasted this:

Missouri 0
Georgia 34

At the beginning of my post, I said the D was doing OK. So, ease up and try not to be so defensive (no pun intended). And try to be a little objective when evaluating that game. My post was not indictment of the Mizzou D. It was merely pointing out that the Georgia game was not their finest hour. The offense (and coaching) being worse does not give them a free pass. They had a bad game, a turd, in fact...

Now let's look forward to Vandy and UK. Mizzou should crush Vandy and beat UK, just like Inidi... uh, never mind

NO need to cut and paste the score.......somehow, this picture will always remind me off a lackluster performance on the field. 5 Turnovers and an offense averaging 2 minutes per drive tells me all I need to know. I'm not blaming the D though. They have been the only thing worth watching for the entire season.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
10/21/14 04:38 PM

H2ODOG
10/21/14 05:45 PM

I knew that picture would put a smile on your face Bubba

last_stand
11/02/14 01:33 PM

Dawg, you can put the yellow jacket back on.

Bubba where are you this morning? bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

And the kid Nate Brown FINALLY got a chance to play. Pinkel needs to get him the ball and let him run.

Now win out baby. Just win out.

H2ODOG
11/02/14 02:25 PM

Bubba right now feels like j did after the GA/Mizzou game. Musschamp was gonna be lucky to keep his job after the MU game. Georgia might have saved him for a little longer.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
11/02/14 05:10 PM

Free Todd Gurley!! I mean really , come on , free him..

My Dawgs looked like chit after the first quarter. Defense stayed on the bus , obviously.

MIZ-

last_stand
11/03/14 06:22 PM

Well here we go.

If the Tigers want Atlanta it's theirs. Win 3.

Not bad for a transition year, not bad at all.

H2ODOG
11/04/14 12:51 AM

Not too bad for a team that sits at 7-2. ZOU was picked to finish 4th in the SEC East and got no love. After the Indiana loss, everyone said we would be 5-4 at this point looking at a bowl game from the outside, with road trips to Tennessee and A&M coming up.

It's ours to lose. 7-2 at this point is damn nice & in control of the East with 3 games to go. Dawgs have to play Auburn and that could be helpful also. Mizzou needs to win out, and make it on their own work.......and make another trip to Atlanta. Take control of their destiny and not wait for a Dawg's loss at home.

Repeating in the East, that might not get them any love with the haters or the nay Sayers, put 2 years out of 3 in the SEC title game Since the title games started in 1992, it is something Tenn hasn't done in 15 years. FL and the Dawgs have done it recently. SC has never done it. Kentucky, Old Piss, Candy, & A&M have never seen a title game. I know the West is a tougher division overall, but only Alabama has ever had a repeat title run in the west. If you asked folks if Mizzou or A&M would have a chance to repeat as champions in their division...........I bet 95% of people would say A&M.

Even if they go 2-1 that puts Mizzou at 9-3 of the season, with the possibility of another 10 win season. A Dawgs loss in there and we still get another repeat Title game with a couple shots to get the 10th win. Its a great time to be a Mizzou fan.

last_stand
11/04/14 12:03 PM

I give credit to Pinkle and staff for changing their game to suit Mauks strengths and that of our run game.

And I feel pretty good about winning out due to the play of our D.

But I don't see it as a sure bet, not yet anyway. While we don't face any powerhouse teams to wrap up, it's this Missouri team that remains the issue.

But if we can do it, win out, I'll convert all the way and I might call this season one of Pinkels best ever, Indiana included.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
11/06/14 06:38 PM

The game that scares me the most is actually the Arkansas game. The Pigs can run the ball and I think that potentially is the biggest weakness the tigers have on the defensive side of the ball.

last_stand
11/14/14 02:42 PM

Well I guess they are all big from here on.

Looking for the MoMo D to keep this one close and let MM manage to establish the run and get what he can in the air.

Very tough crowd down there.

and Bama with a 10 point spread over Miss State???

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
11/15/14 12:01 AM

Tigers are anywhere from a 4 to a 6.5 favorite in Vegas. I am surprised by the size of that line to be honest after last week. I mean A & M just beat Auburn at Auburn?

last_stand
11/16/14 01:22 PM

A really big win down there. Missouri D is great to watch.

But I gotta say with all signs pointing to a good run game how is it we passed so much? Particularly on first down?

Now Tenn and Arkansas while the Dawgs play paddy cake.

HAUS
(member for now)
11/16/14 01:50 PM

Wooo Pig Sooie!!

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
11/16/14 06:17 PM

How bout them Dawgs!!

H2ODOG
11/17/14 01:18 PM

8-2..........and in the drivers seat. Back to back tough road crowds to play at. Tennessee will be packed just like Kyle Field was. Our D looked great. A couple let downs, but overall a great damn game for them. Mauk is starting to come around. His deep throws he doesn't step into them. His short to medium passes look great. Having Jimmy Hunt back helps out tremendously. We were a one dog show with Sasser. Mizzou ran the ball well against A&M which is expected. A very complete game in the pouring down rain in a hostle place. That's the team I've been waiting to see play.

No one gave this team much respect all year, nor did they expect them to be leading the east with 2 games left. 2 embarrassing home losses this season, & a chance to repeat. Very few would have thought that

last_stand
11/17/14 01:59 PM

What's up with Tennessee dog?

Not sure about them, I see where they have lost to good teams on their schedule and heard they are playing well right now.

I'm thinking they are a pass first team?

H2ODOG
11/17/14 03:58 PM

The original starting QB is out, which doesn't shock me as many times as that kid got hit the first 5-6 weeks. They lost to four ranked teams. I hope it becomes 5 next week. They also lost to Florida at home and barely got by a horrible South Carolina team in OT. Their new QB has played good, but they have no returning starters on the OL or DL. They are a young team, and give them 3 years of starts.....and they should be experienced and competitive. A&M had a great experienced OL with a possible top 10 OT pick, and we got to their QB several times or forced him to throw early. I think our experienced DL wears down those true freshman. Old Piss got 7 sacks against them and their original QB was running for his life like he was all season.

Mizzou has the 4th best scoring D in the SEC. Bama & Old Piss gave Worley problems all game. I think our D does the same thing. They will be pass first, but their QB can run and they have a decent RB. Nothing like Chubb from the Dawgs. That kid is a damn beast. Auburn is glad that game is over. Chubbs made them look silly, and will continue to do that over the next few years.

I think our D holds strong. The damn penalties need to stop. That killed several drives and cost us lots of momentum.

H2ODOG
11/18/14 04:49 PM

Todd Gurley Free............only to blow out his knee. 2014 just isn't his year. He will be back but I wonder how far his draft stock falls now

Free Pete Rose dammit!!!!

H2ODOG
11/19/14 04:23 AM

Mizzou is a 3 point underdog to 5-5 Tennessee. Apparently being 8-2 doesn't matter. Neither does leading the SEC East. 5-1 in conference play doesn't give you much respect against a team who is 2-4 in conference play. Never mind those 9 straight SEC road wins with a top 15 Defense. Please do continue to make Mizzou and underdog. I think they like that title and the disrespect. I know when someone tells me I can't do something, I do it just to prove them wrong.

2 games from a repeat SEC Eaat title.........and still an underdog who was picked to finish 4th. Win in Knoxville, and I bet Mizzou isn't given any respect for a home win against Arkansas with the experts. After watching Georgia Beat down Auburn and see what Mizzou did to A&M at BCS.......if say the West isn't as big and bad as they thought.

After watching TCU escape with a win against "HomeofToto", while FSU has squeezed by with 3+ wins........neither one should be anywhere close to qualifying for a playoff position for the National Title game.

last_stand
11/19/14 12:17 PM

Pretty remarkable.

Somehow Tenn has turned heads the last two games and we have not.

They are playing well but the Mizz show at A&M was hardly chopped liver.

But bettors are not convinced the Tigers have moved on. Even the wins at SC and Fla were not sound. And the Indiana game will haunt them all year no matter.

Nothing wrong with under dog. Now just prove 'em wrong.

H2ODOG
11/20/14 12:28 AM

The Indiana game is hurting us in the Rankings. We might be ranked #13-15 with a win against them.....maybe even a little higher, but Bubba's dawgs beat the piss out of us at home. I don't see them ranking Mizzou higher than GA even if we won the Indiana game. As far as respect, yes everyone is waiting for Mizzou to have another Indiana let down.

Marcus Golden missed the Indiana game, which let them run away from Shane Ray all game. That was a huge loss for our D. The O line play was sketchy, but losing Gatti in the first quarter to a torn ACL, and Mizzou being forced to make up the O line on the fly didn't help. Since then the Mizzou O line has played pretty good and get better every game. Golden and Ray are healthy. Harold Brantley looks better each game. The D line is solid and

Tennessee would rather run the ball and will try to establish it early. Dobbs can pass, but I think he would rather run. Time to close out strong and piss on the haters.

H2ODOG
11/21/14 02:26 PM

Shane Ray leads the SEC on sacks and tackles for a loss. He is 3rd in the nation for those categories. He will be the Defensive Player of the Year in the SEC........the best football conference in the country. He will be a top 5 overall pick in the draft.........possibly the #1 overall pick. Ray was a semifinalist for the Lombardi & Nagurski awards. National awards for the best Defensive Player and an award for the best Defensive Lineman/Linebacker. He made the semifinal cut but but didn't make the Finalist list. Potential SEC Defensive POY & overall #1 draft pick and he isn't a finalist.

Another snub to Mizzou. Is a "HomeofToto" grad in charge of counting votes???? Seriously. He plays for a team leading their conference and is sitting at 8-2 overall. Reminds me of Chase Coffman being a second team Big 12 TE in 2008, yet he was a Consensus First Team All American & won the Mackey Award for the best TE in the same season.

He might have a chip on his shoulder this weekend. I wouldn't want to be the one blocking him.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
11/21/14 06:15 PM

The Vols leading tackler and starting center are both out for the game. The Vegas line is still the Vols at 3.5 - I don't get it. The O/U is around 49 so Vegas expects a relatively low scoring game.

I like the disrespect from the "chip on the shoulder" standpoint for the team and coaches. I don't expect MU to get respect in the SEC itself until they're there for a minimum of 10 years. Even when (if) they win the East again they still won't get it.

H2ODOG
11/21/14 08:20 PM

Mizzou could win the east, beat Bama by 30 points in the SEC title game, and they stil wouldn't get respect. Mizzou had numerous injuries the 1st year in the SEC, but all I heard was Mizzou shouldn't have left the Big 12. Injuries didn't matter. MU was overmatched, unprepared, and lacked depth. Never mind the injuries. Last year GA & FL had the same problem, but injuries were a factor and it was called a rebuilding year. Now heading into year 3, Mizzou has a shot at a repeat title. Mizzou won the East last year and was passed over for better bowls, and beat OSU who was supposed to beat us. A repeat in the East,still won't get the attention of anyone, and I'm sure we miss out on one of the big bowls with GA getting a bigger better bowl game even with their second place finish. Champions in a division should get the 1st choice or be selected first. Period. Allowing the Bowl to do the selecting is a big problem.

Old Piss it hey are saying will hut the Orange bowl. Same record as Mizzou. If Mizzou wins out they are 10-2. Old Piss has to play Arkansas and Piss State. I see Piss State winning that one. So a 9-3 Old Poss team who finishes 3rd or 4th in its Division is rewarded with a trip to the Orange Bowl over a 10-2 Division winning team. Makes perfect sense. Same as Auburn to the Citrus Bowl. The better the record and hugher the placement in division places should determine bowl placemwnt. Miszou will lose out on Millioms if the bowl pick another school with a weaker record.

Piss on the haters. They said we couldnt do it last year. They picked us to finish 4th this year. They say Mizzou can't repeat, and they have Tennessee still picked as favorites. I imagine a 9-2 Mizzou wont get any more respect next week heading into a game against Arkansas.

last_stand
11/21/14 09:46 PM

I agree we are not getting due respect this year and certainly not last year the way that whole post season played out.

But I will give the Vols some respect. They too are pretty much rebuilding. And one thing they have over Mizz is they have not lost to a team they should not have lost to. This is their last shot to beat a ranked team. They have Vandy next. What better way to end the season than get this one and the next and get a decent bowl. They will be highly motivated.

Back to MoMo, that Indy game is a real problem.

We are 8-2 and I said 8 wins is a success this year. Tigers may be passing my expectations I will wait and see.

If we play like we did down in Texas, good things are ahead. But for gods sake, if they give us the run.....RUN the forker.

H2ODOG
11/21/14 10:24 PM

I realize the Indiana game is hurting us...........but who in college football doesn't play a shitty game once a year. Florida State has played about 5 shitty games.......granted they won them in the end, but they look like crap. TCU barely getting by "HomeofToto",

Georgia lost to Florida and South Carolina. Both horrible this year. Auburn has lost 3 and was embarressed two straight weeks by GA and A&M. Wisconsin sucked at Northwestern. It happens. We had an injured key player on D and lost one on O to start the game. Other ranked teams lay an egg and have a bad game.......it's a fluke. Just one game. It doesn't hurt them all season. Mizzou..........well it follows then around like the redheaded psycho girlfriend you broke up with 10 years ago.

Missou embarressed Florida in the Swamp..........and a horrible Florida team embarressed Georgia between the Hedges...........yet GA isn't disrespected or an underdog against unranked teams. Just typical chit. I think it's good bulletin material to call Mizzou an underdog. Tell Shane Tay he isn't that good.

Lose and folks will say to told you so. Win out and folks will say its a fluke. Disrespected in the Bjg 12. Same thing in the SEC but with an extra 30 million a year in the bank. After bowl season and the new formula for payouts...........Missori will have even new money to piss away, that they wouldn't see in the big 12

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
11/21/14 11:03 PM

Halfie and my cousin the national college sportswriter aka NostraDennis says the Tigers will win in Knoxville. He is almost as good as Griffin as prognosticating.. just saying'

last_stand
11/22/14 12:35 AM

I think they are gonna win that game too. A good D makes it a lot easier to predict outcomes and that's why I'm down for a win.

Dog I agree with ya on the perception thing. And even though a lot of pretenders like SC get away with a bunch of cred without ever winning a thing it's pretty clear if MoMo wants national limelight we will have to produce for sustained periods to get it. The SEC has been a great move for us. It's pretty much been a blast. Tigers win enough in this conference and the rest will take care of itself.

This is big for us. 2 year East Champs can't be thrown under the rug. Yeah we missed "the big 3" with this years schedule but the more wins the better and the more whining from down South the better.

Here's to the Tigers taking care of biz on Saturday!

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
11/22/14 03:39 PM

Hey BFF , in your rant you left out one embarrassing game....

Dawgs -34
Tigers- Squadoosh

That being said I hope Mizzou and GA win out.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
11/22/14 07:38 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Halfie and my cousin the national college sportswriter aka NostraDennis says the Tigers will win in Knoxville. He is almost as good as Griffin as prognosticating.. just saying'

Go ahead and laugh, laughy laugh boy. Did I not predict, on 11/19, that the Tigers would be 8-2 after 10 games?

I rest my case.

griffin

sptsman
(member)
11/23/14 01:18 AM

Sitting on the couch watching the game. It is halftime and tied 13-13. If the special teams weren't playing with their heads up their arses, receivers could hold on to passes that hit their hands and they could eliminate the damn penalties, they could crush this team. Clean things up and they win by 2 scores or more. Keep playing sloppy and they lose.

Unlike the early Pinkel years, these recent Mizzou teams seems to come out and play good / better 2nd halves. Looking for more of that now.

Terrible officiating... But you have to expect Mizzou was going to get abused by the crooked SEC officials. Got to overcome it and move on...

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
11/23/14 03:28 AM

There is no such thing as a bad win. That being said that was one of the sloppiest games they've played in a long while.

Now they just have to beat the Pigs. The Pigsmay be the hottest team in the SEC right now. This game still scares me.

On the lack of respect thing, even Herbstrier and Fowler brought it up..

sptsman
(member)
11/23/14 03:40 AM

Agreed, a win is a win ... But dayum that was a messy, ugly win.

If they play like that against Arkansas, they will get whooped. That game has the potential to have the lowest Over/Under line ever...

H2ODOG
11/23/14 03:54 AM

Penalties and more penalties. Mizzou once was the least penalized team in the land. Now we are the worst in the SEC. 5-6 false starts a game. We get in the red zone and self implode with penalties. Our D looked good. Augusta stepped up. Ray was great. Golden was even better.

Mauk has some great throws late, and our Recievers coukdnt catch chit to start the game. O line had problems blocking. If the same refs show up, we might as well stay at the Indkor Practice Facility. Worst officiating I've seen in a long time. Those cluebags coukdnt even figure out the on side kick issues at the end of the game. It should have never been that close. Faggett can't kick. We need to fins another gay diver to kick extra ponta. Best we had in a while.

H2ODOG
11/23/14 04:19 AM

H2ODOG
11/23/14 04:22 AM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Hey BFF , in your rant you left out one embarrassing game....

Dawgs -34
Tigers- Squadoosh

That being said I hope Mizzou and GA win out.

I was waiting for you to bring it up. Yes that 34-0 loss stings.........not quite as bad as losing to Florida and South Carolina, but it still stings.

Just in case you missed out on the update

last_stand
11/23/14 01:02 PM

I'm thinking every scoring drive had zero penalties. The latest TV antic is to kill the crowd noise but I am assuming the 95,000 people came into play with all the false starts.

So on offense I saw 2 things, Mauk was again not on his passing game and then we had all the penalties to stop momentum time and again.

And Hansbrough might be banged up from last week?

The defense did not disappoint. 53 yards rushing?? And to hold them under 300 yards total? It's a shame, but Golden is gone next year, what a game. And fun watching the 300lb Vincent stuff the run time and again but then run down the 200lb Dobbs and smother him. This kids gotta be going on to the big show.

I like the fact the Hogs won big yesterday. And won easy. Sets this game up special. But don't tell me Ol' Miss wanted that game.

Don't wanna take a thing away from them Hogs.....they are on fire....and MoMo is on notice the fork ups won't fly......(right Matty??) but IMO Ol' Miss really did look like Ol' Piss.

Actually, I wish we were going down to the pen to play 'em Friday. soooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Brang it!! Right Haus?? bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
11/23/14 05:22 PM

34-0

H2ODOG
11/23/14 06:05 PM

H2ODOG
11/23/14 06:14 PM

Mizzou at Florida WIN
Georgia HOME Florida LOSS

Mizzou at South Carolina WIN
Georgia at South Carolina LOSS

34-0 Loss to GA and GA sits in Second place. I can deal with that even wearing some ugly Red clothes at Faurot Field.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
11/24/14 12:29 AM

Mizzou National Rank = 20

Georgia National Rank = 10

I can live with that.

H2ODOG
11/24/14 04:42 AM

Mizzou repeating at SEC East Champions and playing in the Dawg's back yard for a second straight year whilst the Dawgs sit and home and being ranked #10

I can live with that.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
11/26/14 07:36 PM

Me too...

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
11/28/14 04:36 PM

WOOO Pig Sooie....

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
11/28/14 05:05 PM

Vegas still doesn't believe in the Tigers. They are 2.5 - 3 point dogs at home today. Pigs are 6 -5 and 2 - 5 in the SEC. Tigers are 9 - 2 and 6 - 1. ????

HAUS
(member for now)
11/28/14 06:59 PM

The Hogs are a heckuva lot better than their record indicates. Defense has been unreal the last few games.
They lost to Bama by 1, lost in OT to a ranked A&M team and lost by a TD to #1 Miss State not to mention Two shutouts against ranked teams the past couple games...

Sat, Sept 13 @

Texas Tech
W
49-28
2-1 (0-1)
Sat, Sept 20 vs

N Illinois
W
52-14
3-1 (0-1)
Sat, Sept 27 vs

#6 Texas A&M*
L
35-28 OT
3-2 (0-2)
Sat, Oct 11 vs

#7 Alabama
L
14-13
3-3 (0-3)
Sat, Oct 18 vs

#10 Georgia
L
45-32
3-4 (0-4)
Sat, Oct 25 vs

UAB
W
45-17
4-4 (0-4)
Sat, Nov 1 @

#1 Mississippi St
L
17-10
4-5 (0-5)
Sat, Nov 15 vs

#17 LSU
W
17-0
5-5 (1-5)
Sat, Nov 22 vs

#8 Ole Miss
W
30-0
6-5 (2-5)

foots
(the exterminator)
11/28/14 10:23 PM

WOW!!!! What a game.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
11/28/14 10:24 PM

SEC EAST CHAMPS times 2! Who would have thunk it five weeks ago! props to Pinkel, his staff and the players!

That being said, I expect them to lose to whoever is the SEC West Champ and then Georgia will end up in a better bowl than the Tigers will..

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
11/28/14 11:03 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
SEC EAST CHAMPS times 2! Who would have thunk it five weeks ago! props to Pinkel, his staff and the players!

That being said, I expect them to lose to whoever is the SEC West Champ and then Georgia will end up in a better bowl than the Tigers will..

BUT....if bama beats auburn, and then mizzou beats bama.....they would have a legitimate claim to a playoff spot. Dos anyone think they will leave the SEC out of a playoff?

If you are a betting man I will put my prediction up in about 9 days. Just FYI....I'm 230-0 on my prognostications.

griffin

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
11/28/14 11:29 PM

MIZZOU is getting no love nationally. All you hear about from the talking heads are the GA and IN games. Not that they have won nine others. MU won't even be in the Top 10 next week. My guess is somewhere around 13 or 14. Here is an example written before today's game:
"The Tigers are one win away from winning the East but still light years away from playoff consideration. Not even an SEC title could make the loss to Indiana disappear."

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
11/28/14 11:34 PM

Tell me the old school SEC plicks don't rule; Here is the same writer talking about Georgia:
"The Dawgs still need Missouri to lose, and the losses to South Carolina and Florida could still keep them out of the playoff."

Could!??!? The Game-corks were awful! Spurrier may join Muschump in losing his job! Florida sucked but I guess losses to those teams (that MU beat) are Ok if you're old school SEC..
Yep it will take a while til MU feels any love from the SEC.

last_stand
11/28/14 11:40 PM

Another win thru tons of adversity.

3 quarters of mistakes. A kick ass 4th quarter. THAT was a beat down.

Hope you're right Griffin but I don't see any way we jump from 17 into the top 4.....with a loss to you know who. Let's see where they have us Tuesday.

And pending Hansbrough injury status, the line for next week might be interesting to go in on.

I can tell you for fact, there was not a Hog fan anywhere who thought they would lose today. pretty thick skulls for a team with a 2-14 conference record over the past few years.

Poor Georgia. Bubba, so you know, I do have "Georgia on my mind".

Trying to figure out if I have ever seen a better MoMo drive than that 90 yards rushing spectacle for the TD.

How cool was that?

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
11/28/14 11:41 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
MIZZOU is getting no love nationally. All you hear about from the talking heads are the GA and IN games. Not that they have won nine others. MU won't even be in the Top 10 next week. My guess is somewhere around 13 or 14. Here is an example written before today's game:
"The Tigers are one win away from winning the East but still light years away from playoff consideration. Not even an SEC title could make the loss to Indiana disappear."

That's bullcrap.....does anyone really believe the first ever playoff tournament won't have an SEC team in it? Especially one that is 11-2 with a win in the SEC championship game?

Missouri has won ugly, that's for sure......but their defense is no joke....and if they win the SEC championship they will be in.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
11/28/14 11:45 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:

Trying to figure out if I have ever seen a better MoMo drive than that 90 yards rushing spectacle for the TD.

No, you haven't.

And that Arkansas team is no joke. That's the most physical defense we have faced.....and there's no wonder why their last two games were shutouts.

I don't know what to say about this Missouri team. I think we've had better squads in the last 10 years....but we haven't had one that knew how to win when it counted....this one does.

dabsAdministrator
()
11/29/14 12:34 AM

It was painful to watch the first half....fairly boring the 3rd quarter and a hell of a game the 4th quarter.

If they could convince those kids they were playing four 4th quarters every game it would be very hard to beat them.

If the can cut the penalties by 50% that will a long way towards winning also.

And as has already been said, I think the injury status of Hansbrough could affect offensive effectiveness.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
11/29/14 12:37 AM

Quote:

dabs said:

Except that, while you were away, they have kept winning with the penalties.

You must be one of those old school SEC guys who doesn't give Mizzou any respect. Personally, I like a little hitting after the whistle and some excessive roughing.....it's SEC football right?

dabsAdministrator
()
11/29/14 12:48 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

dabs said:

You must be one of those old school SEC guys who doesn't give Mizzou any respect. Personally, I like a little hitting after the whistle and some excessive roughing.....it's SEC football right?

You must be one of those old school Perry Mason cops that reads what he wants.

Nothing wrong with making a point now and then. And when the fan noise is so loud you can't hear the whistle blowing hitting an already damaged quarterback is fine with me.

It is the false starts and holds, which are usually on third down conversions that make it third and 10+ rather than 1st and 10.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
11/29/14 12:54 AM

Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

dabs said:

Nothing wrong with making a point now and then. And when the fan noise is so loud you can't hear the whistle blowing hitting an already damaged quarterback is fine with me.

It is the false starts and holds, which are usually on third down conversions that make it third and 10+ rather than 1st and 10.

So.....how many wins do you figure that has cost them?

dabsAdministrator
()
11/29/14 01:14 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

dabs said:

So.....how many wins do you figure that has cost them?

Possibly the next one

H2ODOG
11/29/14 02:58 AM

Mizzou cut their penalties in half today from the previous 4-5 games. I don't think I would call the first 3 quarters domination by Arkansas. Our O had 424 yards of total offense. The first half was a defensive game on both side. Arkansas had 134 total yards in the first half. A short field from a turnover set up one score. Their first drive was solid without a doubt. After that they were flat because of our badass D.

Mizzou offense came around because we wore them down. Our D allowed our O to stay on the field and find some momentum. Arkansas O line is the biggest in the SEC. We didn't get the normal sack happy game, but I didn't expect that with Arkansas being a run dominate team. Mizzou D held them to 155 yards of rushing. Arkansas coukdnt run the ball great, so they were forced to pass the ball.

Mizzou looked good late in the game once again. This is Mizzou's 5th divisional title in 8 years and another 10 win season for Gary P. Not to bad for a team picked to finish 4th. Arkansas was supposed to beat us. So was South Carolina, A&M, Tennessee, & Florida. Alabama I'm sure is supposed to crush us..........yet Saban won't want to play a hot tiger team.

Mizzou scored more points on Arkansas than Alabama, LSWho, and Old Piss combined. So much for those big bad SEC West teams. But that's none of my business. . The reaction from everyone is Mizzou sucks and are overrated, but are luckier than hell, and we don't belong in the Title Game. So be it. Looks like it only took 3 years to be hated in the SEC. I know NO ONE expected that. : no:

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
11/29/14 03:28 AM

Cuz we keep pissing off the SEC establishment who thought MU was going to be another doormat aka Kentucky or Vandy.
Games are played on the field so with a defense like ours there is always the chance for us to upset the applecart. I hope it happens A to watch the look on Sabans face (as I expect we'll play Bama) and B how the playoff committe will explain not selecting MU after beating #1.

H2ODOG
11/29/14 01:21 PM

Bama has played great in Tuscaloosa. Away, not so much. I would rather face Bama than dual threat QB Prescott and Piss State. Bama and Mizzou should be a great game to watch, if Bama even wins today. To be the best you have to play the best. I would rather played Bamaast year over Auburn. Same this year. Bama is tough but their O line isn't as big as Arkansas's line. Their D is great, like ours.

Mauk is finally making good decisions and throws. Mizzou D is healthy and playing its best ball of the season. The bad loss will hurt Mizzou for the rest of this season. Sure it was a horrible loss at home, but injuries kept our best players off the field. Mixzou can't use that excuse though. Only the good SEC West teams are allowed to use that one.

Bring on Saban in GA. This woukd be the statement win for Mizzou to show all the haters we are legit. That might shut the West up. The same West Division that Mizzou is 4-1 against the last two seasons. Wins against Heisman winner Johnny Football and Heismam Homer Bo Wallace at homeast year. Mizzou stayed with Auburn for most of the SEC Championship game last year. The SEC East realized we are the real deal. A&M already knkws we are with out 5-1 record against them in the last 6 games. Arkansas football fans realized it yesterday. Time to prove it to the rest of the nation.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
11/29/14 03:41 PM

I can't believe I am even thinking this because I dislike ANY team from Florida but.. I am rooting for Florida to pull off the improbable and beat FSU. Would that knock FSU out of the playoff? I would hope so! What about if AZ beats Oregon in the PAC-12 championship? Does AZ then get in with two losses? It should knock Oregon out with two losses including the conference championship. A whole lot is still to be decided...but I don't see MU making it even if they win the SEC Championship game. I predict the Big 10 champion will be in whether it's MSU or Wisconsin. There isn't a Big 12 Lite championship game so who - TCU? Baylor? One of them will make it most likely. We will have to see how it plays out..

last_stand
11/30/14 01:39 PM

If the Tigers are gonna hang with Bama and give them a game they are definitely going to have to protect the edge against their run game. They have a lot of success outside.

Tiger secondary facing a big challenges too. Sims liked that deep ball last night and it paid off big.

Looking at stats you'd think Auburn won the game.They had all those picks bBut Bama had most all of the big timely plays.

This is gonna be about Missouri's best team showing up. Do that, and it's game on. If it's Missouri's best D that shows up, it will be the toughest D Bama has faced this year.

If it's a shootout it's history. D has to keep the game in reach and Mauk has to be on with his receivers to try to keep up.

Congrats to the Tigers for getting here. Now somehow someway do something with it!

H2ODOG
11/30/14 04:47 PM

Auburn's corners played horrible. They didn't jam Cooper at the line and let him come off untouched all game. Someone has to slow his release and you won't have those big plays. Our four man front will be the best Bama has faced.

Auburn also gave that game away. When you get int be red zone like they did. They could run in the red zone at all. Their play calling was horrible down there. To end the first half they had a timeout and 28 seconds.........and got off one play. Seriously, that's some Yost type chit right there. You spike the ball. Lose a down, and still have 3 chances to score from the 1 yard line. Auburn was flat out coached all over the place on that game. Bama D is tough, but Auburn blew some easy points in the red zone.

Two great Defenses are getting ready to play Saturday. The same thing was said last year in the SEC Championship game, and it turned into a shoutout. I don't want that. Pickle doesn't want that. Hold Bama close and let some 4th quarter Magic happen again

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
11/30/14 08:06 PM

Alabama -24
Mizzou-10

last_stand
11/30/14 09:20 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Alabama -24
Mizzou-10

Wow.

Tell you what Bubba, I'd take the 24 part of it right now, and pray like hell Mauk can go deep down the sidelines a few times to loosen things up.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
12/02/14 01:19 AM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Alabama -24
Mizzou-10

Haters gotta hate!
Free Tood Gurley from his knee brace!

sptsman
(member)
12/02/14 01:26 PM

Mizzou will probably get stomped but you never know. Stranger things have happened. I would hope the embarrassment of the Auburn drubbing would go a long way towards motivating them... Unfortunately, I won't get to see most of it. Daughter #2 gets married Saturday and if I recall from Daughter #1's wedding there are some responsibilities for the Father of the Bride.

Even if they win there is absolutely no chance whatsoever they will be in the final 4. Too many other one-loss teams that would have a legitimate biatch about a two-loss team getting in, especially in light of the fact that one was a 34-0 shellacking and the other was to some team in Indiana. The best they can hope for is a little more respect from the SEC and a decent bowl game.

last_stand
12/02/14 02:00 PM

I'm pretty sure at the very least the best they can hope for is a Conference Championship.

The first in some 50 years.

Respect and bowl games be damned.

JimDogAdministrator
(Freelance Gynecologist)
12/02/14 04:56 PM

I was a freshman at Mizzou in 1984 - the final year of Warren Powers. I remember our battle cry:
Up the middle!
Up the middle!
Up the middle!
Punt!!!
I believe we had two or three wins that year.

Enter Woody Woodenhoffer. Everyone was excited to jump on Woody's Wagon. Except the wheels promptly fell off. In his first year he won one game…

I remember the bulletin board in the lobby of my dorm - people would pin up tickets to the game on the bulletin board. On Sunday, they were still there.

I am just thrilled that Mizzou is putting out a team that is not an embarrassment, and has a shot at winning any given game they play. Do I expect Mizzou to win on Saturday - no, not really. But do they have a shot at it? Hell yeah!

H2ODOG
12/02/14 05:36 PM

It's college football. Anything can happen. FSU has a good chance at losing, so does Ohio state, Baylor I think Oregon and TCU are in for sure. Beating Bama convincingly will make people notice. If some other teams lose, Mizzou has an outside shot at the Final 4. If they don't make it, Pinkle gets the statement win he has needed. Mizzou gets a Conference Championship & will be Orange Bowl bound for damn good money. It also tells the SEC Homers that Mizzou belongs and the last 2 seasons weren't a fluke. It lets them know 2012 was the fluke year.

Some people will still be Homers calling Paul Finebaum saying hi Mizzou lucked into it all, and it won't happen again..........but those folks IQ levels are lower than Forrest Gumps.

Lose and Mizzou hits the Citrus Bowl for $4+ million. Everyone outside the SEC is hoping for Mizzou to win. It keeps the SEC possibly out of the National Title playoff, keeps a ton of money from going back to the conference with no rep in the playoff.........which shows me how good the SEC is, when everyone else wants to keep them out so they have a shot at winning. One more reason to expand the playoffs to 8 teams sooner than later. 5 Con. champions plus the top 3 ranked teams outside that group. If Boise state and some other mid majors feel left out. Tough chit. Join the Big 12-1-1-1+2. Those sorry bastards don't even have enough teams for a conference championship game. Join them or play a tougher schedule to get enough respect to be in the top 3 ranked teams

Personally it should be expanded to the top 16 teams. Round 1 is a home game for the top 8 ranked teams. Next 3 rounds are to the New Years Day 6 and throw the Citrus bowl in there for the 7th bowl. Be ranked in the top 16 and you get in. Period. No exceptions. No need to worry about Conference Championships.

Win or lose Saturday, Mizzou has another 10 win season and repeated as East Champs. Not bad for a team picked to finish 4th in the East.

Mel
(member)
12/02/14 08:25 PM

Hmmm..........................as I recall, MU and TA&M came out of the Big 12. MU couldn't even win the conference championship there. I wouldn't be so hasty to put the Big 12 down. Just saying..........

Paul Dallas
(member)
12/02/14 10:04 PM

Prediction:

Tide: 84

Tiggers: 3

Game will be over about mid-way through 1st quarter.

H2ODOG
12/02/14 10:13 PM

No Mel....Mizzou didn't get it won in the Big 12. Pinkle failed at winning it there. They left for more money, more TV time, and a better conference. Right now the SEC is the best conference. 7 of the last 8 National Championship trophies proves that. 8 of the last 11. 11 of the last 22 if you go back even farther. 50% of the last 2 decades of Championships have gone to the SEC.

The Big 12 is not what it was. PERIOD. Colorado, Nebraska, Mizzou, and A&M left. TCU and West Virginia joined. The Big 12 has what for football schools now??????? Texas & OU. Texas and Oklahoma rule that conference. OSU is the red headed stepchild to OU. Iowa State and "HomeofToto" shouldn't allowed to have football programs, just like Vandy and Kentucky shouldn't be allowed. Hell Go back to the Original Big 8 schools where it all started. Mizzou GONE. Colorado GONE. Nebraska GONE. You get left with Oklahoma for the only powerhouse program left. K-state was never relevent until lately. "HomeofToto" is a basketball school. Iowa State shouldn't have an athletic program. The Big 8 added members to become the Big 12. A&M was part of the Big 12 but simply because they followed Texas, which they hated. Had the SEC allowed them to join years ago, they would have left. They hate being in the shadow of Texas.

The Big 12 has 2 teams in its conference that have won a Football National Title since 1994 when it was formed. The other winner bolted for greener pastures. One day Oklahoma and Oklahoma State will be leaving the Big 12 for the SEC I'm sure to get 16 teams. OSU goes where big brother does. The SEC doesn't want the attitude of Texas and its fans. Once they leave its over for the Big 12. Its coming too.

last_stand
12/02/14 11:20 PM

Quote:

Mel said:
Hmmm..........................as I recall, MU and TA&M came out of the Big 12. MU couldn't even win the conference championship there. I wouldn't be so hasty to put the Big 12 down. Just saying..........

That's true. We never did take the conference.

But the B12 losing Missouri and A&M was a big loss for them, IMO. On top of CO and the Nubs.

For me, as a fan, can't believe how much better the football is for us in the SEC.

I absolutely hated the biased operation of the Twelve.

I'll let the rankings determine who the better conference is.

But dog, I don't see any true 100% non "southern" team joining the SEC ever. MoMo barely qualified.

And IMO, looking at the current Champ standings, TCU is barely in front of Baylor. This weekend, TCU plays Iowa State, Baylor plays K State. If both win, I expect Baylor to jump ahead and get in on strength of schedule. That would be logical, any way.

For the weekend, Oregon is vulnerable for sure to the pesky AZ team.

And I look for Fla State and the Tide to lose.

You heard it here first.

H2ODOG
12/02/14 11:59 PM

Quote:

Paul Dallas said:
Prediction:

Tide: 84

Tiggers: 3

Game will be over about mid-way through 1st quarter.

Glad to see you came back from looting and rioting with your liberal buddies in Ferganistan to post with us.

H2ODOG
12/03/14 12:20 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

Mel said:

That's true. We never did take the conference.

But the B12 losing Missouri and A&M was a big loss for them, IMO. On top of CO and the Nubs.

For me, as a fan, can't believe how much better the football is for us in the SEC.

I absolutely hated the biased operation of the Twelve.

I'll let the rankings determine who the better conference is.

But dog, I don't see any true 100% non "southern" team joining the SEC ever. MoMo barely qualified.

And IMO, looking at the current Champ standings, TCU is barely in front of Baylor. This weekend, TCU plays Iowa State, Baylor plays K State. If both win, I expect Baylor to jump ahead and get in on strength of schedule. That would be logical, any way.

For the weekend, Oregon is vulnerable for sure to the pesky AZ team.

And I look for Fla State and the Tide to lose.

You heard it here first.

Oklahoma isn't a "southern state" or a Yankee state, but the views of their population match up with the views of the deep south for the most part. They vote Red year in and out. Their state is full of rednecks. Oklahoma brings another college powerhouse to the SEC, which is what they are looking for. OSU follows OU and the SEC gets their 16 teams from the "south" NO Texas school is getting in, because they hate the Texas attitude that comes with any school from Texas.

Good to see the playoff committee screwing over Mizzou. Jumping one spot to 16. Old Piss has 3 losses, while getting killed by Arkansas...yet jumped 7 spots by beating Piss State. 3 loss UCLA ahead of Mizzou also. A Mizzou win on Saturday will keep the SEC out of the Title game....something the rest of the Power 5 conferences have been waiting for almost a decade to happen. Funny how MU is ranked higher in the regular polls, but is still 2-3 points behind in the playoff deal. They know that a #12 or #13 Mizzou beating Bama, we could jump 8-9 spots to #4 especially if #19 beat Old Piss jumped 7 spots by beat #4 Piss State. An 8-9 point jump would be easy if you beat the #1 team in the land. Baylor lost to a West Virginia team that has 5 losses, and almost got beat this past weekend against TT....yet that still has them in the top 10.

You have 3 Big 12 people, 3 Pac12 people, and a Big 10 guy on the Committee. Yes the SEC has 2 people on the committee, but the Big12, Pac12 and Big 10 would love to see the SEC on the outside looking in. If Bama loses they get their wish.

last_stand
12/03/14 03:39 AM

Look what it took these neanderthals to even get to a 4 team playoff.

It might be 5 years to get them to move to 8. Even though, right now, it's as plain as the nose on their face.

Missouri IS under rated. We are better than where they have us. Part of that is their schedule and the teams faced. Even the other polls only gave us +3 for beating unranked Hogs.

But ultimately, we beat friggen Indy, which we did not, we are right there in striking distance with a win for the Conference champ and a shot at a National Title.

Playing the #1 school to wrap up is pretty cool. Gimme that Tide win. Pretty good consolation prize.

sptsman
(member)
12/03/14 03:14 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
It's college football. Anything can happen. FSU has a good chance at losing, so does Ohio state, Baylor I think Oregon and TCU are in for sure. Beating Bama convincingly will make people notice. If some other teams lose, Mizzou has an outside shot at the Final 4. If they don't make it, Pinkle gets the statement win he has needed. Mizzou gets a Conference Championship & will be Orange Bowl bound for damn good money. It also tells the SEC Homers that Mizzou belongs and the last 2 seasons weren't a fluke. It lets them know 2012 was the fluke year.

Some people will still be Homers calling Paul Finebaum saying hi Mizzou lucked into it all, and it won't happen again..........but those folks IQ levels are lower than Forrest Gumps.

Lose and Mizzou hits the Citrus Bowl for $4+ million. Everyone outside the SEC is hoping for Mizzou to win. It keeps the SEC possibly out of the National Title playoff, keeps a ton of money from going back to the conference with no rep in the playoff.........which shows me how good the SEC is, when everyone else wants to keep them out so they have a shot at winning. One more reason to expand the playoffs to 8 teams sooner than later. 5 Con. champions plus the top 3 ranked teams outside that group. If Boise state and some other mid majors feel left out. Tough chit. Join the Big 12-1-1-1+2. Those sorry bastards don't even have enough teams for a conference championship game. Join them or play a tougher schedule to get enough respect to be in the top 3 ranked teams

Personally it should be expanded to the top 16 teams. Round 1 is a home game for the top 8 ranked teams. Next 3 rounds are to the New Years Day 6 and throw the Citrus bowl in there for the 7th bowl. Be ranked in the top 16 and you get in. Period. No exceptions. No need to worry about Conference Championships.

Win or lose Saturday, Mizzou has another 10 win season and repeated as East Champs. Not bad for a team picked to finish 4th in the East.

Why you gotta diss on Forrest Gump?

last_stand
12/04/14 11:27 AM

Take back what I said about Baylor surely getting in over TCU if they both win. I thought they were neck and neck but they are not.

Paul Dallas
(member)
12/05/14 03:35 AM

And I would like to revise my earlier predicted score.

After weighing and giving careful consideration to all of the aforementioned highly esteemed sports scholars (H20Dog, Last Stand, et al.), and their wealth of statistical analysis, with their ever-so sensitive fingertips resting so delicately and perceptively on the jugular pulse of regional and conferential trends, highly attenuated intuition toward fickle fanbase momentum, as well as a complete understanding of astrological signs and tea leaves and palm reading . . . I have seen the light and would like to give the Tiggers more credit.

Tide: 77
Tiggers: 9

last_stand
12/05/14 11:37 AM

Whelp, at least you are trending the right way.

I think Bama is over rated.

I believe Mizzou is under rated.

I believe in defense over offense, and I believe Bama is going to face their toughest defense yet this year on Saturday.

I think we have a 20% chance of winning the game. Maybe even 30%.

So here's to the cats putting a complete game together this weekend. Here's to Pinkel stickin and dancin with the ones that brung him.

Cuzz that's zactly what they HAVE to do.

And here's to believing yeah they can.

sptsman
(member)
12/05/14 02:17 PM

Mizzou really doesn't need to win this game. If they do, it will be awesome and it will be the next step in becoming a legitimate, sustained, powerhouse football program. If they don't, it is really important that they don't get blown out. Keep it within 10 points and make the game something people don't want to turn off. Then you will see a better bowl game, better recruits for next year and more respect nationally.

3 Keys to the game:
1.) Score more points than Alabama!!
2.) Score more points than Alabama!!
3.) Score more points than Alabama!!

M-I-Z ... Z-O-U

last_stand
12/07/14 03:26 AM

No where near ready for that game.

I won't put it on Mauk but he had to be much better than that to give us a shot.

And Rays shot was remarkably stupid. And IMO, dirty. He screwed his team, too.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
12/07/14 02:52 PM

Agreed.

And before the Homers start blaming it on bad calls....5 Mizzou alums as referees couldn't have changed the outcome . Overmatched and overplayed .
I even wore a Mizzou sweatshirt to a sports bar to watch the game here in Ga. Prob not my smartest move.

hucklburry
(member)
12/07/14 04:33 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Agreed.

And before the Homers start blaming it on bad calls....5 Mizzou alums as referees couldn't have changed the outcome . Overmatched and overplayed .
I even wore a Mizzou sweatshirt to a sports bar to watch the game here in Ga. Prob not my smartest move.

Is there a short list of Bubba's smart moves?

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
12/07/14 05:16 PM

I still think if you told MU fans before the season that they'd win 10 games and the SEC East but lose bad to Bama in the title game that they'd have taken it.

It will be interesting to see how far down the bowl list they fall..

fish
12/07/14 06:16 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
I still think if you told MU fans before the season that they'd win 10 games and the SEC East but lose bad to Bama in the title game that they'd have taken it.

It will be interesting to see how far down the bowl list they fall..

The talking heads say Citrus Bowl vs Louisville or Outback Bowl vs Maryland both are New Years day bowls but we shall
see....

H2ODOG
12/07/14 08:37 PM

10-3 for a team picked to finish 4th in the SEC East. Didn't like the Ray targeting penalty or the no call on the fumble. Just like the first Mizzou GA game, they played 3 good quarters. Down by 8 to start the 4th is a place no one expected Mizzou to be. We couldn't run for chit, but kept trying. We didn't try the short under passes much, which shocked me. Bama front is damn tough. Their secondaries has tons of holes and backers don't cover well into coverage. We didn't exploit it more. When Mauk threw down the field he was accurate which he hasn't done most of the year.

I'll take a New Years Day bowl with The Citrus Bowl. It's worth $4+ million and the best choice available for Mizzou. Happy as a pig in mud that The Big 12-1-1-2+2 was left out. Baylor beat TCU and should have been the outright Big 12 Champ. Period. No questions. Same record & Baylor has the head to head win. Pretty simple. Big 12 got greedy and wanted 2 teams in. After it all planned out they got none. They screwed themselves. If they pick up 2 more teams and become the actual Big 12, they can fight it out in a championship game. Ohio State killed Wisconsin. They deserve to be in there as much as I hate to say it. That was way more impressive than TCU putting 50 on Iowa State.

H2ODOG
12/07/14 09:31 PM

Mizzou to the Citrus Bowl to play Minnesodaaaaa.........time for some Big 10 payback. Best bowl available and very good for Mizzou. I still think we should have gotton a better bowl than Old Piss, but tteir win against Piss State and higher rankings all season got them a higher bowl. Great money bowl for MU. Beat down in Minnesodaaaaaa and finish the season strong with 11 wins. 23 wins in 2 years is a great run. Hell, 28 wins in last 3 seasons in the SEC is a good damn record. No one in the SEC expected Mizzou to have almost 30 wins in 3 seasons. Bet that.

last_stand
12/08/14 12:33 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
10-3 for a team picked to finish 4th in the SEC East. Didn't like the Ray targeting penalty or the no call on the fumble. Just like the first Mizzou GA game, they played 3 good quarters. Down by 8 to start the 4th is a place no one expected Mizzou to be. We couldn't run for chit, but kept trying. We didn't try the short under passes much, which shocked me. Bama front is damn tough. Their secondaries has tons of holes and backers don't cover well into coverage. We didn't exploit it more. When Mauk threw down the field he was accurate which he hasn't done most of the year.

I'll take a New Years Day bowl with The Citrus Bowl. It's worth $4+ million and the best choice available for Mizzou. Happy as a pig in mud that The Big 12-1-1-2+2 was left out. Baylor beat TCU and should have been the outright Big 12 Champ. Period. No questions. Same record & Baylor has the head to head win. Pretty simple. Big 12 got greedy and wanted 2 teams in. After it all planned out they got none. They screwed themselves. If they pick up 2 more teams and become the actual Big 12, they can fight it out in a championship game. Ohio State killed Wisconsin. They deserve to be in there as much as I hate to say it. That was way more impressive than TCU putting 50 on Iowa State.

IMO only, the minute Ray went out of that game it was highly unlikely we were going to overcome.

However, having said that, the "no call", with GP in the land of OZ as it happened, killed ANY remaining chance we had.

We got beat, we couldn't run and I thought Hensons play calling was basically underwhelming. But I give Bama the credit they are due. They are the better team. But as a fan, and to whatever extend an interested fan, I firmly believe in ebbs and flow. To turn around a game. If that call went the way it should have, there's no 7 for the Tide and there's a POSSIBLE 7 for us. 14 point swing was feasible.

Yes, we lost by more than that, but that's not how I see games go. Pressure, mojo, mistakes, turns of events will impact performance both good and bad.

I am not whining, not saying we got screwed. Just saying I would have liked to see Mizzou play with the right call made.

It was a good year for the schedule given, I still think a very good transition year.

But no way is that a good ending. And I don't think losing to the #1 team is a disaster, but the Tigers were once again NOT READY when it counts the most.

I don't look for a ton of conference respect next September, and I ain't gonna b1tch about it when it doesn't happen. As tired as I am about bitchinn about lack of respect I'm more tired about not showin up for the games that can change a program for real.

sptsman
(member)
12/08/14 06:09 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
I don't look for a ton of conference respect next September, and I ain't gonna b1tch about it when it doesn't happen. As tired as I am about bitchinn about lack of respect I'm more tired about not showin up for the games that can change a program for real.

That is going to become Pinkel's legacy, fairly or unfairly. He has taken this football program to places no reasonable fan thought it would ever see. But if he keeps getting used to mop the floor in championship games, it will become his trademark. Considering what he has accomplished, that is really unfair. But that is where we are in big time sports these days...

last_stand
12/08/14 10:07 PM

In the last 5 years, the Tigers have selected 1 five star recruit and 11 four star recruits.

In that same time period, Bama has had 7 five star guys and 65 four star guys.

So I have no problem with the math. No problem losing to a star studded team with huge built in advantages. No problem understanding GP is a good coach at many things and even a great coach at others.

But he was genuinely disappointed with the way his team played Saturday. Not losing, but how they played. Not blaming him or any one player....it's just as a team we never rise above for the really big games.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
12/09/14 02:02 AM

Why don't you guys line up to give Pinkel a BJ? Geez.

What was the game plan against Alabama? Anyone?

It was pretty obvious from the first drive that Saban had a plan to deal with Missouri's badass defensive ends. What did Pinkel have planned to deal with Bama's Defensive front 4? Seriously......40 something yards rushing? I'm so sick and tired of this forker running what looks like a modern version of the statue of liberty play I can't stand it.

I have been a season ticket holder, fan, and cheerleader for Missouri football for the entire Pinkel era......but this guy can't get his coaches together to come up with and manage a game plan based on an opponents strengths and weaknesses. This offense is stale....and the rest of the SEC will take note. The defense is easily defeatable by a coach with a plan.

Missouri has a chance to move to the next level.......I'm not sure Pinkel can get them there.

griffin

BTW - in case you are a betting man......I'm gonna say 'Bama 42, Mizzou 13. Mark it down.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
12/13/14 04:54 PM

Yep that Pinkel sucks so bad that he was named Coach of the Year by the SEC! What the hell are they thinking?

Congrats also to Shane Ray for being named SEC Defensive Player of the Year and Marcus Murphy for being named SEC Special teams player of the year.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
12/13/14 05:51 PM

Pinkel will never take the program to the next level. If you are happy with where it is, and there is much to be happy about for sure, then I agree....Pinkel is the man!

But the truth is, this program has now "been there, done that".....if it can't take the next step then it may be time to move on with someone else.

One thing is for sure....Missouri is now in a position to attract/hire any coach they would want. So yeah, thanks Gary!

griffin

dabsAdministrator
()
12/13/14 10:16 PM

Hypothetically speaking....do you think a new defensive coordinator could make any difference?

last_stand
12/16/14 01:28 AM

Quote:

dabs said:
Hypothetically speaking....do you think a new defensive coordinator could make any difference?

Personally, I don't get that move. But I ain't Steckel. If it's about a principle or a bucket list thing good for him. Hate to see him go for the Tigers sake.

Defense was there for the Bama game. But they can't hold the line all friggen night.

Mauk was terrrible. Not sure how else to say it. And yeah losing DGB didn't help him or the Tigers any either but there Mauk was that night hitting on the spectacular run for your life throws but unable to connect on the routine plays to keep their drives going. And when he did connect the ball was often dropped.

And Hensons run plays take twice the time to develop as any other team we face.

Offensively speaking, that game sucked.

But Henson just did not do much at all 'cept watch the world go by for 60 minutes.

dabsAdministrator
()
12/16/14 01:51 AM

I don't think it is this move he is thinking about.

Plenty of time at the DC position with no big head coaching opportunities.

He just watched Kim Anderson jump from small school head coach to a major division 1 school head coach job....maybe he is thinking the same could happen taking this path? Different sport but same career path?

H2ODOG
12/16/14 03:50 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

dabs said:

Personally, I don't get that move. But I ain't Steckel. If it's about a principle or a bucket list thing good for him. Hate to see him go for the Tigers sake.

Defense was there for the Bama game. But they can't hold the line all friggen night.

Mauk was terrrible. Not sure how else to say it. And yeah losing DGB didn't help him or the Tigers any either but there Mauk was that night hitting on the spectacular run for your life throws but unable to connect on the routine plays to keep their drives going. And when he did connect the ball was often dropped.

But Henson just did not do much at all 'cept watch the world go by for 60 minutes.

Sooooooooo......let me see if I get this straight.........the O Coordinator was never really in the game and was AWOL for 60 minutes........while the run plays take twice as long as other teams to develop..........and when Mauk connected on the short throws, the receivers dropped the ball......yet its Mauk's fault they lost the game. Seriously.....which is it. When you run for a total of 42 yards in the game, and the O coordinator is flipping coins or pulling plays randomly from his hat, you can't blame that crap on the QB. Same for dropping 50-11 passes. He throws em, but he can't go catch them every play. In Bama's 13 games only 4 QB's threw for 270+ yards against the Bama D. Mauk was one of them. I don't put that loss on Mauk. It goes on Pinkle and Henson. Henson sucks. He doesn't understand basic football. Pinkle didn't prepare his team. Steck's D was great, as always. Mauk did what he needed to do to keep the game close. Our RB's were aweful in that game.

Mauk threw for 272 yards. That's more than Blake Simms in that game.....and lord know Gary and Verne sucked him off all night long on his throws and yardage and passing ability. Mauk didn't have his best game, but he sure didn't have a bad game against one of the best D's in the country. Mizzou didn't start a single drive outside of the 30 yard line. Most of them started INSIDE the 20. When you are pinned back to begin with, it makes it that much tougher to do something. Especially when you can't run the damn ball and Bama knows you are going to be passing.

H2ODOG
12/16/14 03:56 AM

Quote:

dabs said:
I don't think it is this move he is thinking about.

Plenty of time at the DC position with no big head coaching opportunities.

He just watched Kim Anderson jump from small school head coach to a major division 1 school head coach job....maybe he is thinking the same could happen taking this path? Different sport but same career path?

Hell......even Dabs gets it. If you don't take a head coaching position, you will always be a D coordinator. Anyone like Steck wants to excel and be the best at what he does. That means head coaching. He takes a step down to FCS, but do well there and that translates to good things at the next level. He's been at Mizzou for 14 years and I don't remember anyone offering him a job as a head coach over the last 14 years, even with his success. I wish him the best. He knows how to coach the D and relates to the players. I'm sure he will do well and will get a chance to take over a good program at the FBS level if he wants it.

last_stand
12/16/14 11:41 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

dabs said:

Sooooooooo......let me see if I get this straight.........the O Coordinator was never really in the game and was AWOL for 60 minutes........while the run plays take twice as long as other teams to develop..........and when Mauk connected on the short throws, the receivers dropped the ball......yet its Mauk's fault they lost the game. Seriously.....which is it. When you run for a total of 42 yards in the game, and the O coordinator is flipping coins or pulling plays randomly from his hat, you can't blame that crap on the QB. Same for dropping 50-11 passes. He throws em, but he can't go catch them every play. In Bama's 13 games only 4 QB's threw for 270+ yards against the Bama D. Mauk was one of them. I don't put that loss on Mauk. It goes on Pinkle and Henson. Henson sucks. He doesn't understand basic football. Pinkle didn't prepare his team. Steck's D was great, as always. Mauk did what he needed to do to keep the game close. Our RB's were aweful in that game.

Mauk threw for 272 yards. That's more than Blake Simms in that game.....and lord know Gary and Verne sucked him off all night long on his throws and yardage and passing ability. Mauk didn't have his best game, but he sure didn't have a bad game against one of the best D's in the country. Mizzou didn't start a single drive outside of the 30 yard line. Most of them started INSIDE the 20. When you are pinned back to begin with, it makes it that much tougher to do something. Especially when you can't run the damn ball and Bama knows you are going to be passing.

I didn't put any loss on Mauk. I put a bad game on Mauk.

I gave him credit for the 3 big run for your life plays to Hunt. I acknowledged some dropped passes. I acknowledged Henson part as well.

As for what he didn't do, take the THREE long ones away and Mauk was 13 for 31 with 120 yards. He was off without pressure and he was off with pressure. And that's what I'm talkin about. He was off. When the run game wasn't on. We couldn't get anything going and Bama had the ball 60% of the time.

You can say he wasn't great. You can say the loss wasn't his fault. Say what you want. I say he had a bad game when we could least afford it and for me any way there ain't enough lipstick behind the counter to change that pig.

H2ODOG
12/16/14 02:19 PM

When reciever are dropping balls it's tough to find rhythm. The quick slants and outs were there when we threw them.........but Henson failed to stay with those throws. Yes Mauk missed some throws, but it's not all on him. 42 yards on the ground..........42 total yards for an All-American all purpose player Marcus Murphy. He had 20 yards of rushing and his 1000 yard rushing partner who rushed for 21 yards in that game.

I didn't realize when a QB scrambles and makes plays on the run that its now a bad thing. Had Mizzou won, you would be saying Mauk scrambled for his life and made huge key plays when he needed to, keeping drives alive. He scrambled and made some big plays. That's what he is supposed to do. 5 dropped passes in the first half alone. When Mizzou had the ball on the 1 yard line in the second half, White dropped a pass, Murphy couldn't manage a a 1 yard run, and Henson couldn't dial up a play like rolling out Mauk to get a TD.........but let's put the blame on the QB. Mauk might not have played his best game, but the loss isn't on him with a terrible game.

Dropped balls for first downs, dropped balls for TD's, dropped balls that ended drives, 2-3 more dropped balls in the second half, no run game at all, and poor play calling all game long leads you to the loss. Had those recievers caught those passes, Mauk goes 25 of 34, for 350+, yards 2 TD's, no interceptions. Those are stats that you think damn, how did we lose? 8-9 dropped passes and no run game killed Mizzou. Not doing what Bama did with quick 5 yard passes killed us. Mauk threw for more yards than he has in ANY SEC game this season against the best D in the country........and you think he had a terrible game because folks couldn't catch the damn ball?? You can't make this chit up.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
12/16/14 02:24 PM

I don't think Mauck was off - I think he was Mauck being Mauck. His stats show that he hasn't had an acceptable completion % for the last two years and I doubt that will ever change. Dog likes stats and has said that stats tell the story. Well here are MM's stats:
Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
*2013 68 133 51.1 1071 8.1 9.0 11 2 143.1
2014 209 395 52.9 2551 6.5 6.4 23 11 120.8

Take in to consideration that some of those stats are padded with the Murray States and Arkansas States on their schedule. He has averaged 52.5% completion rate in over 500 attempts. I don't think that is an acceptable rate for a supposed premium level QB in NCAA Div. 1. You can make all kinds of excuses (poor O-Line, receiver drops, O-coordinator sucks, etc.) but really good QB's will have better numbers. I think he regressed in his second year. I hope that trend doesn't continue!

last_stand
12/16/14 06:34 PM

You acknowledged he didn't have a good game dog.

I said he had a bad one.

EITHER way he was one of the problems that night. I'm done arguing about to what degree.

H2ODOG
12/16/14 06:49 PM

Who the fork is Mauck????

H2ODOG
12/16/14 07:03 PM

Good run offenses use 5 yard slants, 5 yard outs and hooks, quick passes to a running back in motion............Henson looked for the home run ball all year instead of worrying about just trying to move the ball. Recievers had 50-11 dropped passes this year. Hell 9 in the Bama game alone. 30 more caught passes that should have been caught and his % is above 60%. That's not spectacular, but with Recievers who can catch a ball consistently, Mauk is a better QB on paper.

He fell into a funk this year and struggled bad mid season with poor decisions. I also hope it's not a trend and I believe he will be a better wiser QB next season.

sptsman
(member)
12/17/14 06:16 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Who the fork is Mauck????

I think he is referring to Matt Mauck. He was the QB for LSU when they won it all...

last_stand
01/02/15 02:34 PM

330 yards rushing and a defense that came to play.

Congrats to the Tigers for winning the game they should have won. Not always so easy to do.

No surprise for me watching FSU get stomped. They were over rated all year long, imo.

I WAS surprised by Ohio State.

Yesterday tells me the sooner they go to an 8 team playoff format the better.

sptsman
(member)
01/02/15 04:08 PM

As soon as they go to 8, you'll hear the squawking by #9 and #10 that they shoulda got in... Going to 8 teams just makes a bigger mess and a looooong post season for college kids. Keep in mind the NCAA and individual colleges are not immune from the same legal liabilities and lawsuits the NFL is dealing with. Adding more games just adds liability. Also, other than the few that are going to turn pro, almost all of these kids are student-athletes. Are they supposed to forego finals for practices and games?

last_stand
01/02/15 09:07 PM

Did you just lose your job at the BCS? Sounds like the garbage they spewed for years.

A mess? bwaaaaaaaaaa

Right now, 2 teams are left.

Under 8 game format, 4 teams would be left instead of 2.

So it's a one week time extension for 2 teams beyond the current arrangement.

Sky won't fall and athletes won't flunk out.

The less influence scribes, has-been coaches and industry leaders are involved in determining the Nat Champ the better.

Ask TCU or Mich State. Probably don't want to ask FSU, they shouldn't have been there.

Nothing tricky or fancy about it, let the players have at it like all the other sports.

HAUS
(member for now)
01/02/15 10:01 PM

They don't have to wait nearly a month to play these playoff games. Bama played MU in early Dec...

They could take a week or two off, finish finals and then start the playoffs. You can bet that a team on a roll doesn't care much for 3-4 weeks off before they play again.

H2ODOG
01/03/15 01:26 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
As soon as they go to 8, you'll hear the squawking by #9 and #10 that they shoulda got in... Going to 8 teams just makes a bigger mess and a looooong post season for college kids. Keep in mind the NCAA and individual colleges are not immune from the same legal liabilities and lawsuits the NFL is dealing with. Adding more games just adds liability. Also, other than the few that are going to turn pro, almost all of these kids are student-athletes. Are they supposed to forego finals for practices and games?

I find it amazing that in DIII, DII, NAIA, & D-IAA they have college playoffs.........and no one is worrying about finals, legal liabilities, lawsuits, or extra practices, or classes.

College playoffs have worked for a very very long time. FCS expanded to 24 teams in 2013. Expanding the FBS playoffs to 8 teams is a good start. Then in a couple years it should go to 16 teams. That's enough. No automatic tie ins, no automatic berths. The top 16 ranked AP/Coaches Poll/Computer Poll get in It's simple.

If you are worried about games, and school, and classes.........which don't seem to be a bother in the other divisions it's simple. Don't play 5 cupcake games a year. Play 2 or 3. 11 regular season games, and if you are good enough a conference championship. All conferences should have to play a championship game of they want to participate in the playoffs. That makes 12 games for 2 teams in each conference. 4 playoff games total means 16 games total. Two more games than Oregon and Ohio State will play this season. It's not big of a deal.........especially if the other divisions of football are doing it already.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5