sptsman
(member)
02/27/15 02:15 PM
2015 Cardinals

I like the look of this team. A little better than last year. I would think 90+ wins should be achievable. I will put the over/under at 91. I'll take the over.

The pitching assignments will likely play out pretty clearly through Spring Training. But there is always the possibility of drama if nobody gets injured and everyone pitches well... A good problem to have. I'll put my money on at least one or two pitchers not making out of Spring, with injuries of some sort (smart money is on Garcia getting hurt).

Only real concerns are back-ups in a few positions. Mostly concerned about catcher. If Molina goes down for any appreciable amount of time, this team will be in trouble. Tony Cruz was exposed both offensively and defensively last year. I like him for a few games here and there but he can't carry a load for more than a few games or to give Molina a rest. Apparently, everyone in the farm system is a few years away.

Go Cards!!

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
02/28/15 12:13 AM
Re: 2015 Cardinals

Go Braves!!!

sptsman
(member)
03/25/15 11:35 AM

Going to the Cards game Sunday in Jupiter. Hopefully, we get to see one of the aces start and some of the starters play a few innings. Usually the game is a waste of time by the 5th inning. Hard to stay for the full game...

I'll provide an insightful and informative review of the team, after watching 5 or 6 innings...

last_stand
(the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar)
04/04/15 10:25 PM

Blues/Hawks in the windy city same night as Cards/Cubs.

Easy choice here, but no complaints either!

sptsman
(member)
04/05/15 11:09 AM

This is a statement game for the Cardinals...

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
04/05/15 10:29 PM

Go Braves!

HAUS
(member for now)
04/06/15 12:38 PM

Damn Bubba!!

Are your Braves going to even have a team come opening day??

I like most of the moves, but I never would have gotten rid of arguably the best closer in the league.

That new GM has some balls..

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
04/06/15 11:05 PM

The Braves will be fielding a AA Team this season. Be lucky if we win 60. I don't get it , but I am sure they won't be contacting me for input.

BTW , y'all are welcome for the Heyward deal.

sptsman
(member)
05/05/15 02:06 PM

The Cardinals seem to be doing OK, even without Wainwright...

Obviously, this pace can't continue but it is fun whilst it is lasting. The starting pitching needs to start carrying just a few more innings or they will have a tired bullpen that isn't worth a fork by July.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
05/05/15 03:32 PM

Martinez looked awful last night. Not a good sign. I'm guessing the Cards will be in the trade market for a starting pitcher in June if they're still ahead in the division.

fastman
(member)
05/05/15 07:37 PM

Dudes a baby Iffid......gonna happen now & then.still a weiner whilts I slept..unreal game 4 sure.

last_stand
05/09/15 02:58 PM

Big roll. Keeps on rollin.

Lackey happily playing for 500k this year.

Carpenter down so Wong steps up.

It's early but this team is lookin very good. All without Waino too.

sptsman
(member)
05/26/15 01:21 PM

Best record in baseball after Memorial Day games... Not bad for losing your ace.

Not pleased with Matheny taking out Martinez yesterday. He was the very definition of cruising. Let him continue... Fortunately, Peralta bailed him out and wins it in the 10th.

sptsman
(member)
06/05/15 03:22 PM

Still winning ... just sayin'

fastman
(member)
06/26/15 12:55 AM

Bad guess IIFID

HAUS
(member for now)
06/29/15 02:25 PM

I've not seen a team this good (record-wise) in STL in my life. Even more impressive the fact they lost their ace and have been without some big bats in Holliday and Adams.

Damn fun to watch and makes for some spoiled fans..

last_stand
07/13/15 11:36 AM

Cardinals have given up a lot of ground here recently, and the Bucs seem to have learned a lot over the past few seasons.

Mo might wait to see what impact Holidays return will provide, but I have to think the team will be making a move, for offense, and if so it's most likely gonna be at 1st base.

HAUS
(member for now)
07/13/15 12:17 PM

Bourjos needs to go play for someone else..

Hope he's involved in a deal if there is one made

sptsman
(member)
07/13/15 01:48 PM

Holiday comes back after the break. The pitching, especially the bullpen gets a rest. Mo likely makes a move for a left handed bat at 1st. Reynolds goes back to the bench where he provides some pop when needed and more importantly, won't provide opposing pitchers guaranteed 2-3 K's per game.

I see things coming back together after the break. I only wish Molina was not at the AS Game. Would love to see him get 4-5 days off...

Not sure I completely agree with Matheny pulling pitchers after 6 or 7 innings like it is some sort of religion. He needs to let a few of these guys go a little longer. I under stand the need to save their arms but he has taxed this bullpen to the point where there are too many injuries and they are now far less effective...

All-in-all, I'll take a 56-33 record at the All-Star break any year...

last_stand
07/13/15 02:14 PM

Getting Matt back will be a big boost to the entire lineup card. I won't underestimate his role but more will probably be required if Carpenter doesn't come around at the plate. And soon.

Problem 1 is who can they get? They would have to pay a fortune in bodies and cash to land a top guy, IF one of their teams would even deal. Votto? Freeman? Hard to imagine. If they do make a move, it might be one of those resurrection deals or some shrewd gamble on a guy like the Padres youngster, Solarte. Meanwhile, Reynolds came around with 2 bangers the other day.

It's a tough division. The Cubs, a 3rd place team, would be 1/2 game out in a couple of other divisions.

I don't know. Pittsburgh may not lay down in September this time. And like it or not, Madden and the Cubs are hanging in there.

sptsman
(member)
07/13/15 02:58 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Problem 1 is who can they get? They would have to pay a fortune in bodies and cash to land a top guy, IF one of their teams would even deal. Votto? Freeman? Hard to imagine. If they do make a move, it might be one of those resurrection deals or some shrewd gamble on a guy like the Padres youngster, Solarte.

I could be wrong but I don't see them getting a big name / top guy. They don't have enough to give up and they typically don't take on big salaries and big names unless it is short term. Unless the Reds want a fan revolt, they aren't moving Votto. And there is no way the Cards are taking on that beast of a contract. There is always the slim chance Philly will deal Howard and eat a large part of that nasty contract. But do you want an aging HR hitter that is in a rapid decline? There has also been talk of Ike Davis from the A's. Not sure that is much of an improvement...

At the end of the day, I trust Mo will figure it out. He's got a pretty good track record...

dabsAdministrator
()
07/13/15 03:10 PM

Back to you Haus!

HAUS
(member for now)
07/13/15 03:45 PM

Thanks Dabs!

They're grooming Piscotty to fill in at 1B till Adams gets back. They're not going to make a big trade for a guy who is only going to play a couple months. Adams is the future at 1B.

If they can get people healthy, they got all they need. Walden was a big loss in the pen. Garcia, when he's not hurt (which is when he's asleep), can be tough. If he can't stay healthy, they need to find a permanent replacement for him, whether thru trade or AAA. So far, no one from Memphis has been too impressive in the starting role.

Low scoring offense strains the pen and shortens the starter's outings. Holliday should help that when he gets back.

last_stand
07/13/15 03:47 PM

Quote:

dabs said:
Back to you Haus!

Haus never posts when he's on the clock.
bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

As far as getting Philly out of that horrible contract with Howard? That one should hurt, deservedly.

What's up with Piscotty? Can he play first base? Has he ever been sent up even once?

I might call Mo on this one. Bring him up and try him out at first, we could use the power hitter up here.

last_stand
07/13/15 03:48 PM

Hey! What do ya know? Haus and I agree!

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
07/13/15 04:43 PM

The only contract worse than SMSU grad Howard's is Bobby Bonilla's.. he's still getting a $1.2 million per year from the Mets and hasn't played in ten years! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

dabsAdministrator
()
07/13/15 07:59 PM

Okay - just because I don't follow well all of the time, have you all;

1. Got it figured out now?, or...
2. Gave up for the day?

These things require working the hours it takes to mold the club into the sculpture it can be. We just cannot think about 9 to 5 when there is important work to do!

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
07/13/15 08:35 PM

MOLDING IS THE KEY!

HAUS
(member for now)
07/13/15 08:51 PM

in the case of sptsman and last stand, it's still evolving, dabs..

kinda like a case of the heartburn

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
07/13/15 10:46 PM

Ok , so bring on the hate...I predict at season's end the Cards will be in second place tied with the Cubs 2.5 games behind Pittsburg. You read it here!

Meanwhile in the ATL....never mind.

last_stand
07/14/15 02:19 AM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Ok , so bring on the hate...I predict at season's end the Cards will be in second place tied with the Cubs 2.5 games behind Pittsburg. You read it here!

Are you saying like when we got the WC and won the series in '06?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

sptsman
(member)
07/14/15 03:38 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:

No sane person in Cardinal's Nation would argue that it couldn't happen. To think the pitching is going to repeat in the 2nd half is not realistic. And if they fall off too much, the offense does not seem to be the type that is going to carry the pitching staff... That being said the likelihood is that the pitching will be good enough and the hitting will pick up just enough to win the Division...

last_stand
07/30/15 10:36 AM

Holiday. Again.

Guess Mo's gonna be busy next few days. This offense needs some serious mojo.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
07/30/15 02:40 PM

I bet ya'all are thrilled with this move! And gave up a pitcher who was a first round pick for him too..
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-le...-133805272.html

Does Fragile Matt average two trips to the DL every year or more?

last_stand
07/30/15 06:18 PM

Well let's see. We lose our starting LF'er now for 12 weeks and prolly the playoffs........we lose our starting first baseman 2 months ago for the the year, we lose our starting ace before the season even started, we have lost our strating center fielder twice this year for extended periods and perhaps our best hitter of 2014 has been in a 6 week slump since he came back from some kind of heart ailment.

And we still have the best record in baseball.

I am not crazy about this trade. I don't really know a lot about the 2 players but one is young and full of prospect and the other may last til year end.

But when you are here, where the Cardinals are right now, you have to do what you can do. To win a World Series.

Be nice to ride it out. Depend upon your farm system for the big bat (they tried). Or hope somebody can start hitting the baseball.

But I don't see that luxury on hand. They're taking their shot, albeit an expensive one, cuzz they have to. It's all about winning another ring.

H2ODOG
(the one who never tires)
07/31/15 12:06 AM

Quote:

IIFID said:
I bet ya'all are thrilled with this move! And gave up a pitcher who was a first round pick for him too..
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-le...-133805272.html

Does Fragile Matt average two trips to the DL every year or more?

Holliday averaged 150 games a year until 2011 when he missed a month. He missed a couple weeks in 2013. Its an odd year, and he will miss 45 days this year. Even in his unhealthy years, he still drives in close to 100, hits 20+ homers, & bats close to .300 I'll take that considering he's in his 12 year.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
07/31/15 01:03 PM

Him and Jaime can share time together on the pine as they both seem to be there quite a bit.. He is productive when he's in there but nor being able to count on him??

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
07/31/15 01:04 PM

For the record, I don't give a whole lot of credence to what the "talking heads" on ESPN, MLB Network, etc. have to say.. But they have all been just about universal in not understanding the Moss trade and think that the Cards gave up waaaaay too much. There was supposedly even a rumor that the Tribe (knowing they're out of it) was planning on releasing him to bring up some of their young peeps. I guess in the last year he has only hit .200 and has hit under .200 since June?

H2ODOG
07/31/15 03:58 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Him and Jaime can share time together on the pine as they both seem to be there quite a bit.. He is productive when he's in there but nor being able to count on him??

Garcia lives on the DL. Holliday missed a month in 2011. He will miss 2 months in 2015. Carpenter had issues and spent a lot of time on the DL before he retired. Ask any Cards fan if it was worth having him on the team. Alex Gordon has missed waaaay more days than Holliday has since 2009. Yall should probably get rid of his unhealthy, pine riding, always on the DL ass too. He is more fragile than Holliday. Just sayin

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
07/31/15 04:01 PM

The difference is Gordon hurts hisself actually doing something..

H2ODOG
07/31/15 04:03 PM

Everyone thought signing Johnny Peralta to a huge contract was a mistake.......and look how that turned out. The kid pitching in the minors is a prospect and supposed to be a good one. Without a bar and more depth right NOW, to fill in for injuries we don't won the WS. The kid throws in the upper 80's to low 90's with a huge curve ball on the very low 80's. It's not like he is throwing 100 mph heat. I'm good with piecing stuff together for a playoff run this year. The cards have one of the best minor league systems and are deep in talent.

H2ODOG
07/31/15 04:13 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
The difference is Gordon hurts hisself actually doing something..

. So now injuries and not being able to play now get an asterisk. It's not Holliday fell down in the shower to get injuried. Good to see hypocrisy is still alive on the west side. I thought it died out. Playing 150 games in 2 seasons like Gordon did..........for sliding into a base. That's more time than holiday has missed in his entire career. I'll take dumb farm boy fragile Matt. At least he can hit 100 rbi's in a season

last_stand
07/31/15 07:47 PM

Indians aren't stupid. Price went up when Holiday went down.

And while we shipped out the polack we kept the Irish kid Cooney. Always a good move there. bwaaaaaaaaa

I said I don't really like the trade and I guess that's cuss I don't like SOME of Moss's stats.

But I may love this trade before it's all over. That's baseball.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
07/31/15 09:28 PM

Unlike some folks, I can, and do like and root for, both MOMO teams. I truly hope the trade works out for the Birds. It just doesn't seem destined to work. And there appeared to be much better available for that price. This one is a head scratcher to me. However a lot of thing Mo has done have worked so he has the cred to do it.

last_stand
08/03/15 02:14 AM

I think that guy you are talkin bout IIFID had the game winning hit today.

Meanwhile, Royals added the biggest d!ckicker in baseball with Cueto. He's a real tiger when the brawlin starts.

wuchangAdministrator
(spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World)
08/03/15 09:43 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Meanwhile, Royals added the biggest d!ckicker in baseball with Cueto. He's a real tiger when the brawlin starts.

You mean "Kung Fu" Cueto?

sptsman
(member)
08/03/15 01:51 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Unlike some folks, I can, and do like and root for, both MOMO teams.

I used to until the Royals added the head-kicking, douchebag Cueto to their line-up, started working hard at being the biggest bunch of a-hole, bean-ballers in the league and their Manager started mouthing-off like a brotha in the hood... Now I am like the rest of MLB fans and say, "Fork the Royals!!" If you can't play the game the right way, get used to being in fights and having the rest of the league hate you...

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
08/03/15 03:20 PM

"..biggest bunch of a-hole, bean-ballers in the league.." Uh you might want to check a few facts there Skippy as the Royals lead the AL in being HIT by pitch and are second overall to the Pirates in all of MLB. Glad you can make your decisions based on snippets from Sports Center..

sptsman
(member)
08/03/15 03:51 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
"..biggest bunch of a-hole, bean-ballers in the league.." Uh you might want to check a few facts there Skippy as the Royals lead the AL in being HIT by pitch and are second overall to the Pirates in all of MLB. Glad you can make your decisions based on snippets from Sports Center..

Dude, statistically two near misses to the head is "0". One plunk in the rear or back or leg is "1". The stats rarely tell the whole story. It isn't just some weird coincidence that the Royals keep ending up in bench clearing brawls and bean-ball incidents. I base my opinions after watching the games and listening to all sides of the arguments. The Royals have clearly become quite fond of themselves and their cowardly pitchers love to puff up their chest and demand respect, since they don't have to stand in the batters box.

Yost was at least somewhat respected until his idiotic statements yesterday. Let's summarize: My guys have never done anything wrong, didn't do anything wrong today and never will do anything wrong. They just pitch inside a lot and these things happen. When we throw at the opponents heads multiple times in a game, it is nothing to be concerned about. However, when our guys get hit, it is clearly intentional. Got it?

I hope the KC Royal A-holes (that should be their new name) get used to being disrespected and get very good at fighting. I can't see how their newfound attitude is going to get them in anything other than many more fights and everyone in the league hating them.

Sorry, that's the best I can do for a Monday morning. Was hoping to rile up the west siders but don't have my A game this morning...

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
08/03/15 04:08 PM

Yep hitting somebody with a changeup really means you're going after them..
So I guess if the Cards were playing a team of power hitters their pitchers don't throw inside?? Dude did you ever even play? If you got somebody who's diving in on you you pitch inside. A pitcher can't win only throwing to half the plate. Hell I learned that in CYC league..

sptsman
(member)
08/03/15 06:21 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Yep hitting somebody with a changeup really means you're going after them..
So I guess if the Cards were playing a team of power hitters their pitchers don't throw inside?? Dude did you ever even play? If you got somebody who's diving in on you you pitch inside. A pitcher can't win only throwing to half the plate. Hell I learned that in CYC league..

Please... Save that nonsense for the people that don't have a clue, like 3/4 of the fans in KC that will defend this stupidity and embrace Cueto. For the rest of the baseball people in the world, this is bush league stuff.

And yes, I have been playing, coaching, umping and watching baseball for the better part of 45 years. I never claimed to be some all-knowing baseball guru but I know a collection of A-holes when I see them on the field and in the dugout. Not sure who will take the crown over there for the biggest A-hole but Cueto is going to have his work cut out for him if he wants to wrestle that title away from Yost or Volquez.

One trip to a World Series in 30 years and this group thinks they're God's gift to baseball. I can't wait until one of these brave pitchers plunks the wrong guy and either gets their arse kicked or better yet, gets someone like Cain or Hosmer drilled and put on the DL. It's a dangerous game this cork bunch is playing...

Mel
(member)
08/03/15 07:17 PM

Sptsman..........................please, please get back on your meds you hater.

last_stand
08/03/15 09:18 PM

Quote:

Mel said:
Sptsman..........................please, please get back on your meds you hater.

I must say he may want to get off the meds and go straight to Colorado. Jack Flash might do it:

http://www.thecannabist.co/strains/

I dunno about the end of the world but I do know Cueto is a piece of trash. He ended a mans baseball career kicking him in the head and then running away. FORK him.

H2ODOG
08/03/15 09:49 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:

When you are an asshole who no one likes, who like to beam other teams........they tend to bean you back. The royals lead the other AL teams, becauE they are busy plunking everyone they play. After 30 years of being in the AL cellar....the Royals are demanding respect. They forgot that chit get earned.......and being a one year wonder doesn't get them There.

H2ODOG
08/03/15 09:52 PM

I hope Queto gets curb stomped one night after
A game. It will be fitting. I saw his cellmate........Brandon Phillips was at the center of the big Reds/Pirates blow up yesterday. Good to see some things never change

fastman
(member)
08/04/15 10:15 AM

Some1 please pass the Kalashnakov & the Blu Cheeze!!!!

DjF
(little buddie)
08/04/15 12:42 PM

So if the Royals are so big and bad aholes throwing at everyone, why is it they've only hit 29 batters (5 more than the Cards have) which is way below the league average, yet been hit 57 times?

your numbers don't add up...seems to me they are effectively throwing inside...

H2ODOG
08/04/15 02:44 PM

Maybe the other teams have folks with faster reaction times. opcorn: Maybe no one respects the Royals.....I know I would throw at them.....just for 1985.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
08/04/15 03:12 PM

Quote:

DjF said:
So if the Royals are so big and bad aholes throwing at everyone, why is it they've only hit 29 batters (5 more than the Cards have) which is way below the league average, yet been hit 57 times?

Dan, Dan, Dan,
Don't try to confuse these haters with facts. They'll just ignore them any way..

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
08/04/15 03:12 PM

Quote:

DjF said:

Dan, Dan, Dan,
Don't try to confuse these haters with facts. They'll just ignore them any way..

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/04/15 06:56 PM

George Brett was all the reason I ever needed to hate the Royals.

Piss on them.

griffin

H2ODOG
08/04/15 07:02 PM

Must be true....you said it twice

dabsAdministrator
()
08/04/15 07:53 PM

Quote:

griffin said:

Piss on them.

griffin

I read an article in the KC Star over the weekend where they mentioned you and the team figured after 20 years of retirement your hatred might be wavering....hence the reason for the Cueto trade - just in case you needed to renew your hatred.

H2ODOG
08/05/15 12:14 AM

Free Pete Rose Dammit

wuchangAdministrator
08/05/15 12:38 AM

Not all haters are from the East Side

This video/article just may sum it up

http://thebiglead.com/2015/08/03/blue-ja...ordano-ventura/

last_stand
08/05/15 01:08 AM

I don't hate nobody.

But Cueto is a piece of trash.

H2ODOG
08/05/15 03:29 AM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Not all haters are from the East Side

This video/article just may sum it up

http://thebiglead.com/2015/08/03/blue-ja...ordano-ventura/

The Royals are misunderstood people and demand respect.

wuchangAdministrator
08/05/15 09:52 AM

Seems Ventura isn't well liked in Chicago either....

but then it is Chicago

http://www.barstoolsports.com/chicago/th...nt-to-baseball/

wuchangAdministrator
08/05/15 01:04 PM

and for a bit of balance -- a KC writer

http://www.pinetarpress.com/the-"HomeofToto"-city-royals-think-its-a-damned-fight/

dabsAdministrator
()
08/05/15 01:30 PM
Re: 2015 Cardinals........quickly becoming another KC Royals suck thread

wuchangAdministrator
08/05/15 04:48 PM

Fixed it for you

dabsAdministrator
()
08/05/15 04:52 PM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Fixed it for you

Free George Brett!!!!!

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/05/15 04:53 PM

Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

griffin said:

Piss on them.

griffin

I read an article in the KC Star over the weekend where they mentioned you and the team figured after 20 years of retirement your hatred might be wavering....hence the reason for the Cueto trade - just in case you needed to renew your hatred.

Look, I realize it's my issue, but I just don't like minor league baseball.

griffin

dabsAdministrator
()
08/05/15 04:57 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

griffin said:

Piss on them.

griffin

griffin

Understood........you get your minor league fix during hockey season!!

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/05/15 07:34 PM

Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

griffin said:

Piss on them.

griffin

griffin

Understood........you get your minor league fix during hockey season!!

I've only been to one minor league hockey game....that was the KC Scouts at the Cow Pasture, or whatever that dump was called.

griffin

H2ODOG
08/05/15 09:45 PM

I think he was referring to the STL Blues, who play like a minor league hockey team the day the playoffs start.

What the blues will hoist every playoff season.

Back to you Boomer

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
08/05/15 10:05 PM

DING DING DING!! Give the Dawg a gold star!

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/05/15 10:06 PM

Nobody cares what you think.

H2ODOG
08/05/15 10:42 PM

Look man don't hate. Keep getting mouthy and I'll make sure we use you as alligator bait for the twins tomorrow in Florida.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/05/15 10:49 PM

I wasn't talking to you.

last_stand
08/06/15 02:26 AM

Since the deadline, Brandon Moss has won more games than Johny Cueto.

I find that interesting and entertaining all in one.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/06/15 02:56 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:

Dammit boy......it only took you 10 years to make me laugh at something you posted.

last_stand
08/06/15 10:08 AM

Weird............here I've been laughin at you all these years. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
08/06/15 03:47 PM

Note: Laughing "AT" not "with"...

wuchangAdministrator
08/06/15 10:34 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:

At least it wasn't strangely aroused

sptsman
(member)
08/07/15 10:50 AM

Been gone for a few days and I see this took on a life of its own. Now that the dust has settled can we all agree the Royals are a collection of A-holes that most baseball fans are learning to hate?

Carry on!!

wuchangAdministrator
08/07/15 12:31 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Been gone for a few days and I see this took on a life of its own. Now that the dust has settled can we all agree the Royals are a collection of A-holes that most baseball fans are learning to hate?

Carry on!!

You always are a trend setter

dabsAdministrator
()
08/07/15 02:15 PM

Free the Royals!!

last_stand
08/07/15 02:40 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Been gone for a few days .....

Yes.........So when is your next trip away?

sptsman
(member)
08/07/15 03:17 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

sptsman said:
Been gone for a few days .....

Yes.........So when is your next trip away?

Next week, Tucson. I will try to throw out a little chum before I leave...

last_stand
08/07/15 03:33 PM

All week is it?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

last_stand
08/09/15 04:27 PM

It's official. Matt Carpenter is back.

For now.........all's well in Cardinal Nation.

sptsman
(member)
08/10/15 07:25 PM

Dayum, the boy found his stroke back. Now we wait to see what he tests positive for. I'm guessing he went the Lance Armstrong route and did the blood doping. The results have been too fast for roids.

The Cards just keep rolling along but if the Pirates don't scare you a little, you aren't paying close enough attention... Keep waiting for them to fall off a bit but they haven't followed the script.

I've not paid close enough attention. Has there been any word if Holliday makes it back before the playoffs or is he done for the year?

last_stand
08/10/15 09:51 PM

Have you seen what's going on here?

The Pirates would be in first place in 4 other divisions and one half game out in the AL Central behind KC.

The friggen third place cubs would be tied for first in 1 division and in first place in 2 other divisions.

The cubs just swept San Fran.

So right now, the Pirates and cubs are 1-2 in the Wild Card standings.

Meanwhile, somehow, and I mean somehow, we keep winning baseball games.

We went 4-2 on the last road trip and I believe we batted like .198. Carp coming back is a friggen miracle is what it is.

This race is no where near over. Pirates AND cubs are not impressed. Them days are over.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
08/12/15 11:43 PM

Braves are only 10 back!! Bet dat!

H2ODOG
08/13/15 01:52 AM

NL East is the worst division in baseball right now. Poor Braves would be thrilled to be within striking distance of .500 by season end

That might arouse Bubba

H2ODOG
08/13/15 02:41 AM

The Pirates are 6-21 now at Busch since 2013. To say the Cards owns them in STL would be an understatement. The bucks have the WORST record in the NL Central against the other NL central clubs........well below .500. 25 of their remaining games are against the NL Central They also play the Dodgers 6 times. Pittsburg has 4 More games left in STL. If Pittsburg plans to win the central, they better change how they play

H2ODOG
08/13/15 02:49 AM

The Cubs are the Cubs. They will self implode eventually. I just hope its in a one game playoff for the Wild Card spot.......where they self implode at home in the top of the 9th with 2 outs and an 0-2 count

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
08/13/15 11:13 PM

I misspoke....11 back!

last_stand
08/17/15 05:21 PM

Grichuk might be out for the year?

At some point, the Cards cannot keep making this up.

I hope he is back soon!

last_stand
08/19/15 02:40 AM

Interesting.

The third place NL Central cubs, 8 games back, would be in first place in 4 of the remaining 5 divisions of baseball.

That is all.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
08/19/15 02:36 PM

Heyward is hurt now too?? And they just keep winning.. nothing short of amazing.

last_stand
08/20/15 01:59 AM

It's dang near bazaar.

We are 22nd in mlb team hitting.

We have NO ONE in the NL top 10 for RBI's, BA or HR's. In fact I believe we have 1 player ranked between 17 to 19 in each of those categories. We are ranked 16th in fielding.

But players come through. New guys Heyward, Grichuk and now Piscotty all clutch hitters.

Oh. We rank #1 in MLB Pitching with a era of 2.58. And Yadi is a huge part of that. Next team closest is 3.20.

If the arms hold up we should have a decent shot this fall.

H2ODOG
08/20/15 06:05 PM

You know the Giants are in serious trouble when they have Joe Buck's boyfriend Bumgardner pitch hitting 2 days in a row. Seriously....you don't send out your ace pitcher when you are down by a run to get a win. Dude could pull a hammy, get hit by a ball......If I was an opposing team, I would have beam balled that bastard right away. Might pay dividends down the stretch or during a playoff run.

Yadi is being Yadi. Going to miss him when he retires. He is a huge reason behind the best ERA in baseball. Good to See Heyward pitch hit last night. Maybe he will be back in the lineup tonight. Piscotty is a beast, and without him, the Cards aren't 5 up on Shittsburg. Grichuk needs to get back soon. Depending on the rest of the injured players, the Cards might have a healthy ball club come October is Holliday, Jay, and Possibly Adams coming back. Ship Kozma out for the playoff roster and keep Piscotty around.

sptsman
(member)
08/21/15 12:36 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:Oh. We rank #1 in MLB Pitching with a era of 2.58. And Yadi is a huge part of that. Next team closest is 3.20.

If the arms hold up we should have a decent shot this fall.

That's the $64,000 question. Can young arms like Wacha and Martinez hold up for these kind of innings? They appear to already be showing a little wear on some of their recent starts but are still holding their own well enough. How nice would it be to let each of them skip a start down the stretch? Not likely, if the Pirates keep winning.

The Cards should be able to win 6 or 7 of the 10 games on this west coast road trip. Both Arizona and San Diego have losing records and are out of the playoff picture, for all practical purposes. We just took 2 of 3 from San Fran and it looks like we won't face Bumgarner again (unless he pinch hits). But there is one huge obstacle: This is a west coast trip. For whatever reason, the Cards have had too many west coast trips that were sub .500 even when their opponents are not that great. Let's hope they shake off that tendency and get at least 6 wins out of the trip.

wuchangAdministrator
08/21/15 01:40 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:

This is a west coast trip. For whatever reason, the Cards have had too many west coast trips that were sub .500 even when their opponents are not that great. Let's hope they shake off that tendency and get at least 6 wins out of the trip.

translation:

PLAYING DOWN to the competition

last_stand
08/22/15 02:26 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
You know the Giants are in serious trouble when they have Joe Buck's boyfriend Bumgardner pitch hitting 2 days in a row. Seriously....you don't send out your ace pitcher when you are down by a run to get a win. Dude could pull a hammy, get hit by a ball......If I was an opposing team, I would have beam balled that bastard right away. Might pay dividends down the stretch or during a playoff run.

Yadi is being Yadi. Going to miss him when he retires. He is a huge reason behind the best ERA in baseball. Good to See Heyward pitch hit last night. Maybe he will be back in the lineup tonight. Piscotty is a beast, and without him, the Cards aren't 5 up on Shittsburg. Grichuk needs to get back soon. Depending on the rest of the injured players, the Cards might have a healthy ball club come October is Holliday, Jay, and Possibly Adams coming back. Ship Kozma out for the playoff roster and keep Piscotty around.

He just got a HR pinch hitting again.

I think it's pretty cool. He's got a good swing. Taking some chance there but fork the hammy, if you can hit a baseball, Bochy says go hit it. Bob Gibson used to pinch hit, it was great.

Thought of Gibby the other day. Heard Cards have zero full games from any starter this year.

Gibby had 250+ by himself.

There will NEVER be another Gibby.

last_stand
08/22/15 02:45 PM

Well when we talk about "pitching holding up" usually that means something in the decent range.

But in this case, with our offense what it is, it has to mean something in the fantastic range.

96 wins could get you a 1 game WC spot. Wow.

I will remain concerned until we clinch. Pirates and Cubs are apparently not going anywhere anytime soon.

wuchangAdministrator
08/23/15 03:53 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:

This is a west coast trip. For whatever reason, the Cards have had too many west coast trips that were sub .500 even when their opponents are not that great. Let's hope they shake off that tendency and get at least 6 wins out of the trip.

pretty much nailed this series with the Padres

3 1/2 game lead

Wonder when the panic will set in to the fair weather fans,chicken littles and manic depressives

Prediction that the Post Dispatch will have a headline like this??

Cardinals lead shrinks to 3 1/2 games....Is this going to be like 2006?

LS--
Andy is kicking yer butt with these prognostications--

better put that swami hat on

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/23/15 09:51 PM

Quote:

wuchang said:

Quote:

sptsman said:

LS--

I got your swami......this is just a rest period for the Birds. I say they score at least 8 by the 7th inning today.

griffin

last_stand
08/24/15 03:16 AM

I stand by my post above.

His prediction on the west coast trip is all on him. Maybe he'll kick his own azz, Ive seen that before.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
08/24/15 11:03 PM

14 1/2 !

last_stand
08/25/15 12:03 AM

25 1/2 in the nl central.

Holy chit. That's below sea level.

sptsman
(member)
08/25/15 06:17 PM

Quote:

wuchang said:

Quote:

sptsman said:

pretty much nailed this series with the Padres

3 1/2 game lead

Wonder when the panic will set in to the fair weather fans,chicken littles and manic depressives

Prediction that the Post Dispatch will have a headline like this??

Cardinals lead shrinks to 3 1/2 games....Is this going to be like 2006?

LS--

I would be quite fine with getting this one wrong... A sweep in AZ would be just fine with me...

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/25/15 06:36 PM

I think the Redbirds will win at least 1 from Az.

griffin

last_stand
08/26/15 11:25 AM

New stat:

Division Standings

NL Central 333-290.............. ---
AL East 320-306.................. 9.5
AL Central 318-306..............10.5
AL West 311-318...................25
NL West 307-316...................26
NL East 287-340................... 48

That is all.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/26/15 04:30 PM

If the Cardinals can take two from AZ. then they can salvage the first part if the West Coast trip and Andy looks like a bonehead.

I predict they will.

griffin

sptsman
(member)
08/26/15 05:37 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
If the Cardinals can take two from AZ. then they can salvage the first part if the West Coast trip and Andy looks like a bonehead.

I predict they will.

griffin

Uh, if they take 2 that means AZ took 2. Since we lost 2 of 3 in SD, that would make us 3-4 for the 7 games. Go back to talking about bicycle riding. You are clearly not smart enough to discuss the complexities of what is above .500 and what is below .500, for a 7 game run...

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/26/15 05:57 PM

Well, you can say "if" all you want.....but I say they take 2. So, wanna bet?

griffin

last_stand
08/26/15 06:51 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

griffin said:

I predict they will.

griffin

Uh, if they take 2 that means AZ took 2. Since we lost 2 of 3 in SD, that would make us 3-4 for the 7 games. Go back to talking about bicycle riding. You are clearly not smart enough to discuss the complexities of what is above .500 and what is below .500, for a 7 game run...

Well you need 3 more wins to hit your prediction. In the next 4 games. Quite doable.

But somehow I think griffin is going to ultimately come thru. He has a knack about these things.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/26/15 10:58 PM

Look, you can listen to Andy, who is rarely right about anything, or you can put your money with someone who has a near 100% track record.

The only reason I am not exactly 100% is that I predicted Alydar would beat Affirmed in a match race as 15 year olds, even though he had lost all three triple crown races to him in 1978. Alas, as the race was being discussed, Alydar was found, suspiciously, in his stall with a broken leg.....so they shot him to keep me from picking the biggest upset of all time.

25 years ago, before I even knew anyone here, but about the time that MDC was considering the café, I suspect one of you knew of my uncanny, though budding, prognostication ability and collaborated with some untowardly cowards to bring that horse to his untimely end.

No.....it did not deter me, and since they never raced, it can't really be counted against my record.

griffin

H2ODOG
08/26/15 11:06 PM

I want to know if the Cardinals will pick up a game on the Pirates on Tuesday. I'm thinking about putting down a couple hundred on that. Any help you can give me would be great.

Also should I bet on Mizzou to win the SEC Championship game against Bama for the 2014 season??? I want to bet with my heart and put down a thousand on Mizzou. What say griffin??

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/26/15 11:32 PM

I would hold your money on the Bama game, I just can't get a good read on that one, and put it all down on the Tuesday wager. I think the Birds will come out swinging.

griffin

H2ODOG
08/26/15 11:33 PM

Thanks. As always, I trust your betting skillzzz

last_stand
08/27/15 02:29 AM

Personally, I think your foresight on Brian Elliotts performance last year was some of your best work.

Bwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

wuchangAdministrator
08/27/15 10:02 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
I would hold your money on the Bama game, I just can't get a good read on that one, and put it all down on the Tuesday wager. I think the Birds will come out swinging.

griffin

Uncanny--simply a tour de force of predicting prowess

How do he do dat?

sptsman
(member)
08/27/15 11:25 AM

And not a word about who will win the bike race in the land of cowards...

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/27/15 01:26 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Personally, I think your foresight on Brian Elliotts performance last year was some of your best work.

As with Alydar, my horse wasn't allowed to run.....I can't control what stupid people do.

Now, wipe the drool off your shirt, sit up straight, and pretend you've got some sense. Andy is watching, and quite frankly, you're embarrassing yourself.

griffin

sptsman
(member)
08/27/15 01:51 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

As with Alydar, my horse wasn't allowed to run.....I can't control what stupid people do.

Now, wipe the drool off your shirt, sit up straight, and pretend you've got some sense. Andy is watching, and quite frankly, you're embarrassing yourself.

griffin

Brian Elliott for President!!

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/27/15 02:06 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

griffin

Brian Elliott for President!!

I cannot advocate making that bet right now. I need to wait and see how many pucks are going to hit Trump in the face.

griffin

H2ODOG
08/27/15 03:41 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

griffin said:

I predict they will.

griffin

Clearly griffin was stating that of the Cards took the first 2 in Arizona, that they would get on a hot streak and win their 4th game in a row. 4-2 on the current road trip. Looks like it's starting off pretty good. Andy you are always waiting for the other show to fall and a Debbie downer. You look at your glass like it's always half empty.......and fail to realize it can be refilled. Cards win the Central by 5 games.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
08/27/15 03:50 PM

Free Brian Elliott!

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/27/15 04:24 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Free Brian Elliott!

Horse killer!!!!

griffin

last_stand
08/27/15 04:33 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

griffin

Actually, your horse got whipped, like so many here told you was going to happen.

"we'll be fine" bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

And Andy isn't watching chit. Other than Judge Judy every afternoon.

bwaaaaaaaaaaa

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/27/15 05:07 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

griffin

Actually, your horse got whipped, like so many here told you was going to happen.

"we'll be fine" bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

And Andy isn't watching chit. Other than Judge Judy every afternoon.

bwaaaaaaaaaaa

I have no doubt we would have been fine had we kept him as the #1. I can predict the future, but I can't control stupidity......unless it comes from you. I have the doomsday button.

griffin

last_stand
08/27/15 05:41 PM

I can only assume I'd be wasting my breath with this since you already know what's going to happen.

But I really would hate to be gone and miss out on more of your hockey insight.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaa

dabsAdministrator
()
08/27/15 05:53 PM

All of this National League talk is sooooo cool!

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/27/15 05:57 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
I can only assume I'd be wasting my breath with this since you already know what's going to happen.

But I really would hate to be gone and miss out on more of your hockey insight.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaa

Unfortunately, I'm not able to predict when I will ban someone......it just happens. It's like a cool breeze.

griffin

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/27/15 05:58 PM

Quote:

dabs said:

I guess we can talk about the designated washed-up guy.....but that's stupid.

griffin

dabsAdministrator
()
08/27/15 06:31 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

dabs said:

I guess we can talk about the designated washed-up guy.....but that's stupid.

griffin

What's foots got to do with any of it?

H2ODOG
08/27/15 06:53 PM

The Cardinal Franchise has 10,552 overall wins. No team has 11,000 wins yet. Dabs...I used your topwater, new to baseball, bandwagon jumping way of counting......and I think the Cardinals are the first franchise to 11,000 wins. We might need to petition baseball to change the way they have figured wins for the last 150 years.

Maybe we can get all the folks who voted for the 4-5 KC Royals AAA players for the All Star game to help with the petition and the voting......Then you could count the votes.

dabsAdministrator
()
08/27/15 07:20 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
The Cardinal Franchise has 10,552 overall wins. No team has 11,000 wins yet. Dabs...I used your topwater, new to baseball, bandwagon jumping way of counting......and I think the Cardinals are the first franchise to 11,000 wins. We might need to petition baseball to change the way they have figured wins for the last 150 years.

Maybe we can get all the folks who voted for the 4-5 KC Royals AAA players for the All Star game to help with the petition and the voting......Then you could count the votes.

Oh, look, a butterfly

H2ODOG
08/27/15 07:27 PM

Well go count it then

last_stand
08/27/15 10:18 PM

If playoffs were held in next couple of days, who are the Cardinals 4 starters?

Wacha
Martinez
Lackey
Lynn
Garcia

My vote, Lynn's gotta sit. As of now.

So of the 4, what's the rotation?

Wacha
Garcia
Martinez
Lackey

I might even switch Garcia to open pending who we are playing

Will Matheney move the vet up the line cuzz.........he has the experience?

All nice problems to have, indeed.

Dang...........did I just jinx them??

wuchangAdministrator
08/27/15 11:07 PM

Since you have already jinxed the mess with your post --- the only worse jinx than the LS playoff jinx is if you worked for Sports Illustrated and put the team on the cover

so........I guess there is no further damage that can be done

I would look at the home and away set up first
(if you are tempting the baseball gods thinking play offs and make a jinx post)

I think you pitch Lackey at home
Wacha probably has better splits home than away but he also is the 'ace' in a Wainwrightless rotation.
Garcia doesn't get much in the way of run support so I don't think home or away is not much difference
Martinez is probably neutral as well

Right now Lynn makes it an adventure when he is pitching and might benefit with a skipped start but I would be surprised if Matheny sits him

6 games with Pirates and 6 with the Cubs left--it ain't gonna come easy but they control how tight the race is going to be

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/27/15 11:34 PM

The Birds have the best pitching in baseball, period. As long as the arms stay healthy they are the team to beat.

I will have a more in depth prediction of the playoffs as they get going.

Save your money fellas......this is gonna be BIG!

H2ODOG
08/28/15 12:48 AM

Garcia gets the ball in game 3 at best. Wacha gets the nod for game one. Lackey in 2. I'll take Martinez in game 3 over Garcia

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/28/15 12:54 AM

Or.....just let the manager figure it out. I realize he is not as smart as LS or even Dog, and certainly not Andy, but still, he deserves at least at shot at it.

I just want the redbirds against those morons from KC in the series......nothing else matters.

griffin

dabsAdministrator
()
08/28/15 01:52 AM

Quote:

griffin said:

I just want the redbirds against those morons from KC in the series......nothing else matters.

griffin

Me too......I just hope the Cards can do their part and get there this year

But with their pitching, I can't see them failing.....again!

H2ODOG
08/28/15 02:11 AM

Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

Me too......I just hope the Cards can do their part and get there this year

But with their pitching, I can't see them failing.....again!

At least our pitching isn't so damn bad we had to go rent one for the rest of the season....and then call him our number one starter......all while watching that same assclown give up 21 hits, 4 HR's and 13 runs in those 2 "quality starts", to two teams that would be a minimum of 18 games behind the Cardinals if they played in the Central.

All if's though.....and you know what they say about if's.......if our pitching was good, we wouldn't have to go find some.

dabsAdministrator
()
08/28/15 02:29 AM

Stop ringing that bell Pavlov

I do hope they both make it to the Series.......then we can hear about all the Dekinger crap on top of the other boolchit that is already being spewed. It will make for an exciting week and a half for sure.

last_stand
08/28/15 02:30 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Garcia gets the ball in game 3 at best. Wacha gets the nod for game one. Lackey in 2. I'll take Martinez in game 3 over Garcia

Garcia ain't forkin around this year dawg. He is not the Jaime of old. If he had run production he'd have a record far more indicative of how well he's pitched.

It's all good. I think Matheney will work the odds on matchups and like Wu said maybe some home-away percentages.

I know he'll be looking at Garcia's era and ground outs if he can keep this up.

H2ODOG
08/28/15 02:36 AM

Only 7 of the Royals remaining 35 games are against teams with a winning record. 6 of those games are against Minnesota. Yall should be able to rest for quiet some time.

Not one pitcher with a sub 3.00 ERA either. 3 of the Royals starters have ERA's over 4.00, and one great starter has an ERA over 5.60. No wonder yall were so impressed with Queto's sub 3.00 ERA.

H2ODOG
08/28/15 02:59 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:

Garcia ain't forkin around this year dawg. He is not the Jaime of old. If he had run production he'd have a record far more indicative of how well he's pitched.

It's all good. I think Matheney will work the odds on matchups and like Wu said maybe some home-away percentages.

I know he'll be looking at Garcia's era and ground outs if he can keep this up.

Martinez isn't playing either. 12-6 Looking at 13-6 3 losses he gave up 2ER, 1ER, and 1ER He also had 4 games where he gave up 2 runs of less and didn't get the win, but the Cards got the win. He could easily be a 20 game winner by now with better run support.

Garcia has been pitching lights out all year long as well and not getting run support. Hell, Lynn had several games with no run support, but I think he is out come playoff time. He would be a great guy to have in the bullpen. Its all about home away matchups like you said and day or night game. Either way.......I'd put our 4 starters up against anyone at anytime. Or throw Lynn in there for a 5th. His ERA is sub 3 also.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
08/28/15 11:11 PM

Let me interject...I got no skin in this game but I have split my viewing pleasure all year between the two MO teams. I predict a 7 game series if there was to be another I-70 series. Furthermore , I guarantee the Royals would beat the cards 4-3!

On another note I predict the Braves will not make the playoffs. Take that to the bank as well.

wuchangAdministrator
08/28/15 11:48 PM

It could happen that way
AL has the hammer on having home field

2015 record Royals vs Cardinals

Royals At Home
Royals are 2W 1L

Royals At Busch

Royals are 0W and 3L

For the season Cards have the edge 4W's to 2 L's

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/29/15 12:23 AM

Quote:

wuchang said:
It could happen that way

Royals At Home
Royals are 2W 1L

Royals At Busch

Royals are 0W and 3L

Is that trigonometry?

wuchangAdministrator
08/29/15 01:16 AM

Quote:

wuchang said:
It could happen that way

Royals At Home
Royals are 2W 1L

Royals At Busch

Royals are 0W and 3L

oh geeeeezzzzz--- not you too??

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
08/29/15 01:48 AM

Statistics , shamystics.......I'm going on observation , instinct and experience.....
I give the nod to St. Louis in pitching
KC gets the nod in offense and defense .

Therefore trigonometry = KC

last_stand
08/29/15 09:25 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Statistics , shamystics.......I'm going on observation , instinct and experience.....

Back to you boomer..........

last_stand
08/29/15 09:27 PM

Quote:

wuchang said:
It could happen that way

Royals At Home
Royals are 2W 1L

Royals At Busch

Royals are 0W and 3L

Wu quit cut and pasting Sptsman stuff...............

H2ODOG
08/29/15 10:22 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:

Uh......I realize you watch the Braves a bunch............great pitching usually hampers the hitting and takes that out of the equation. Then you have to factor in the Royals pitching.....which has the Redbirds taking the series in Game 5 in STL.

Mark it down boomer.

wuchangAdministrator
08/29/15 10:28 PM

LS

Lets see.....

There is a old saying that when in court ....pound the facts

If the facts don't overwhelming support your opinion....pound the law

If neither the facts or the law support your opinion.....pound the table

In your case

go pound sand

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
08/29/15 11:05 PM

Royals pitching.

griffin

last_stand
08/30/15 01:39 AM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Let me interject...I got no skin in this game but I have split my viewing pleasure all year between the two MO teams. I predict a 7 game series if there was to be another I-70 series. Furthermore , I guarantee the Royals would beat the cards 4-3!

On another note I predict the Braves will not make the playoffs. Take that to the bank as well.

It could be worse.

In the nl central your team would be 29 games out.

Hey, this is fun.

H2ODOG
08/30/15 01:57 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Royals pitching.

griffin

Kinda like saying Section 8 Taxpayer.

H2ODOG
08/31/15 12:18 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

griffin said:

I predict they will.

griffin

7-3 on that west coast trip. Is the glass still half empty in sad Andy land???
Redbirds before the west coast trip were 4 1/2 games up on Shittsburg......and well wouldn't you know it, the sky hasn't fallen and the Cardinals are still 4 1/2 up on Shittsburg. Elimination for the once great Reds is 3 games. For the once almighty BrewCrew 4 games. It's apat Sept 1 and with 50-11 injuries, the cards are still Rolling.

sptsman
(member)
08/31/15 11:48 AM

Damn, you boys been busy. I step away for a few days and all of the sudden we have all the resident experts chiming in...

Very happy to be wrong on the west coast prognostications...

H2ODOG
09/01/15 12:45 AM

25 of Shittsburg's next 32 games are against the NL Central. They are 21-29 against the Central. Just some thoughts. They have killed the NL East this year and done well against the NL West. Only 6 of their games are against the west to finish the season.

last_stand
09/01/15 01:46 AM

This is a DH free zone. It's for baseball only.

sptsman
(member)
09/01/15 01:28 PM

Huge win last night for several reasons:

- Offense been criticized for being less than stellar. Offense won that game.
- Pitching staff gets notice that the team can win if they have a bad night. Takes a little pressure off.
- Matheny gets a huge rescue after leaving Siegrist in 2 batters too long (bone headed managerial move that he got away with).
- Serves notice to Pirates and Cubs that they can win all they want. Cards are winning this Division.
- Further annoys Royals fans that the Cardinals are just better, all the way around.
- A few players needed a boost at the plate and got it with hits, runs scored and RBI's.

Going to be interesting to see how Gonzales fares tonight. Really nice to see Martinez get a rest but I suspect tonight will tax the bullpen a bit. Even if Gonzales pitches well, I doubt they let him throw more than 80 or 90 pitches (maybe even less). Maybe they can keep the bats going and build up enough of a lead to put in Villanueva for 2 or 3 innings. Hopefully Gonzales does well and can take one of Wacha's starts.

Go Cards!!

sptsman
(member)
09/01/15 01:44 PM

Oh, almost forgot... I am not a Tim McCarver hater but I understand how he annoys some people. Last night was a night the McCarver haters must have been going out of their minds. He said some interesting stuff but mixed in a whole bunch of stupidity and idiocy. And his age is showing. He says some things that you know drive Dan McLaughlin (and formerly Joe Buck) absolutely bananas...

Here's to old baseball guys losing their minds but carrying on anyway...

last_stand
09/01/15 02:02 PM

I think McCarver has worked out really well in the local booth. He is not a total homer, nor should he be, but pretty nice to have him end his career where it started and show the Cardinals the respect he has for them.

I'll take McCarver over Hungo and Horton all day long.

Cards offense is definitely picking up.

As for potential playoff rotation I now think this group will have to play out September to see what's best. It's actually a great thing to say about the bubble guys to not be sure, nothing wrong with that and I am guessing even Matheney doesn't know right now either.

I don't think Matheney has Lackey on the bubble, don't think he will go there against his vet, but dang Martinez and Garcia and Lynn are making him think about things.

Agree on resting who he can down the line. Since we are not a sure bet, not in a dumpster division, he has to be careful when and who. Hope Yadi makes that list too.

sptsman
(member)
09/01/15 04:02 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:I don't think Matheney has Lackey on the bubble, don't think he will go there against his vet,

Unless he gets hurt or falls apart, I can see Lackey starting every home game possible, in the post season. The rest is a crap shoot... You can make a pretty good argument for just about any scenario you come up with. My best guess would be to have Martinez come out of pen. Not because he doesn't deserve to start but because he may be the best of the starters to come out of the pen.

What a nice problem to have...

wuchangAdministrator
09/02/15 02:46 AM

Hell of a win tonight

H2ODOG
09/02/15 02:54 AM

40 Games over .500 40 freaking games. Best bullpen in baseball. Best starting staff in baseball. Pitching wins championships. Brandon Moss with another win......I did see Johnny Cueto had another quality outting for KC.

last_stand
09/02/15 09:53 AM

Moss hasn't set the world on fire but dang is that 3 game winners now? Game tying hit the day before.

Marcos got banged around pretty good, maybe Sptsman found another road apple and Matheney goes with Villanueva next time. bwaaaaaaaaaaa

Nats must absolutely hate STL.
I'm not certain if Matt Williams leaves town with his job.

H2ODOG
09/02/15 12:06 PM

A week from right now the Bucs will be 9-10 games back from STL. Mark it down. :smoking:

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
09/02/15 01:51 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
A week from right now the Bucs will be 9-10 games back from STL. Mark it down. :smoking:

Uh....let's leave the predictions to an expert, K?

griffin

last_stand
09/02/15 02:57 PM

I agree. It is much better to predict a week out a week from now because during that week lots of stuff can occur some of it weak but each week brings a different twist and a week is a long long time to try to predict every week.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
09/02/15 04:17 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
I agree. It is much better to predict a week out a week from now because during that week lots of stuff can occur some of it weak but each week brings a different twist and a week is a long long time to try to predict every week.

That was weak.

griffin

H2ODOG
09/02/15 05:35 PM

Bucks play the Central for the next week plus. They have a Losing record against the central. 3 games against STL. 6 game lead right now. It doesn't take an expert predictor or Nostradamus to see how easy it can be a 9-10 game lead. The Bucs aren't looking forward to the STL trip this weekend. Redbirds are playing great baseball and coming from behind to power through, with great starting pitching. A punch to the nuts for Shittsburg is coming this weekend

H2ODOG
09/02/15 05:50 PM

To the Westside haters and experts who said we overpaid to get Brandon Moss....,...YA he sure has been a damn drag in the lineup. He won yet another game last night. 2 in a row.........which of you are counting......... Is more than those 3 losses Queto has given KC

H2ODOG
09/04/15 02:59 AM

Swept by the Brewers.......like damn......who saw that coming. Bucs flying into STL with their heads down for 6 more long road games against the Central. Then an 8 game home stand against more NL Central people. 4 games against the Brewers and 4 against the Cubs who would love to put more ground between them and San Fran. September isn't going to be kind to Pittsburgh.

Too bad Matheny didn't hit Zimmerman in the ribs in the second and third AB yesterday. After he hit the first HR, he wouldn't have gotten a chance to beat us later in the game. Either walk him or bean him.

6.5 game lead, and closer to 9 game lead every day.

last_stand
09/06/15 12:26 PM

How 'bout them Braves Bubba?

Geezo.......Shelby Miller with a 2.86 era is 5-13.

I wonder if the shock has worn off for him.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
09/06/15 04:13 PM

Its a building year...:tomahawkchop:

last_stand
09/08/15 10:33 PM

Are we 10 games up? I haven't checked lately......

H2ODOG
09/08/15 11:48 PM

Maybe it was 9-10 games up by next Wednesday

All I know is that Cards have lost 4 out of the last 5 games and Shittsburgh is still 5.5 games out as of right now......and on Thursday they were 6.5 games out. Had the Cards done their job the last few games we would be 9-10 games up.

Things could be worse.....the new #1 ace for your team could be 0-4 with like a gazzilion runs given up in those 4 games.....and no one has a clue who the new #1 is.

just sayin

H2ODOG
09/08/15 11:54 PM

Giving the starters some extra rest doesn't seem to be a good thing also. Wacha getting shelled. Lynn got wacked. I think Lynn is still hurting from the knee and ankle deal from the last start. Shittsburgh should cut the lead to 4.5 games tonight.

DADAKOTA
(member)
09/09/15 11:08 AM

Poor pitching and no offense has made it a race again. Cards best get their game going or they will be in the play in game. Seems like their normal September swoon/limp into the playoffs with no momentum.

last_stand
09/09/15 02:52 PM

Pittsburgh and Chicago both have better offense than do the Cards. And there's a lot to their pitching as well.

The whole thing has stood on Cardinal pitching basically. And to do that, it has to be excellent, not just "good".

It's September so Matheney can't wait it out much longer. No choice on pitching it HAS to come back. But offensively, he has some choices and he needs to make them now. For starters, John Jay and Peralta need to sit if they can't hit a baseball.

Wondering if all the forking injuries have finally caught up.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
09/09/15 06:21 PM

Please tell me that the Flubs aren't going to sweep the Birds in StL!!

wuchangAdministrator
09/09/15 07:40 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:

Ok---

The Flubs aren't going to sweep the Birds in StL!!

H2ODOG
09/09/15 09:47 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:

I would wait to hear back from griffin before putting money down on a sweep. He still has the inside track on betting.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
09/09/15 11:47 PM

It was close...

I could smell the sweat.

Meanwhile in the A T L it is 21.5. Now is the time!

last_stand
09/10/15 01:12 AM

Standings in the entire ML of B

Cards --
Royals 4.5
Pirates 5
Cubs 7

3 of 4 in same same division. It's a shame 2 of those 3 will be wild card.

Believe it or not, cubbies are for real.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
09/10/15 01:28 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:

Cards --
Royals 4.5
Pirates 5
Cubs 7

And to think Dawg thinks Dabs counts funny..

last_stand
09/10/15 03:06 PM

Reality's a b1tch ain't it?

Enjoy 11 up while you can. Pretty soon, the divisions all come together.

H2ODOG
09/10/15 03:27 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

Cards --
Royals 4.5
Pirates 5
Cubs 7

One is simply stating who has the best record in baseball.....I get that.....its weird, but I get what LS is doing. The other bandwagon jumper, is counting post season wins to add to a win total.....something that hasn't been done in 130+ years of baseball. I'm just waiting for him to start counting the spring training games to get the Royals some sort of yearly win total record.

dabsAdministrator
()
09/10/15 09:57 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

IIFID said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

Cards --
Royals 4.5
Pirates 5
Cubs 7

One is simply stating who has the best record in baseball.....I get that.....its weird, but I get what LS is doing. The other bandwagon jumper, is counting post season wins to add to a win total.....something that hasn't been done in 130+ years of baseball. I'm just waiting for him to start counting the spring training games to get the Royals some sort of yearly win total record.

We have already broke 100 mark. 20 Spring wins and 83 regular season wins.....I say we are on target to win 120+ games this year!

And, the only team in the majors to not have a losing record the entire year....above .500 the whole way.

H2ODOG
09/10/15 10:11 PM

Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

IIFID said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

Cards --
Royals 4.5
Pirates 5
Cubs 7

We have already broke 100 mark. 20 Spring wins and 83 regular season wins.....I say we are on target to win 120+ games this year!

And, the only team in the majors to not have a losing record the entire year....above .500 the whole way.

Great. Next he will be counting the winter games the Latinos are playing.

No matter how you smear lipstick on unshaven pig...........one star still rises to the top. LOSING RECORD AGAINST PLAYOFF BOUND TEAMS. That's all. Carry on.

dabsAdministrator
()
09/10/15 10:51 PM

Predictable

fish
(senior member - literally)
09/11/15 12:24 AM

Great !!! 6-0 Cincy. Garcia prolly pitched better in little league Think I'll turn on NFL football....

last_stand
09/11/15 02:43 AM

I'd say tonight makes it official, Cards are reeling right now.

Man, I thought the Chicago win yesterday would pick them up.

If I'm Matheney, I sit Peralta and Wong for a few games and get Piscotty on first. Definitely time to shake things up and let some of these young guys who seem to know how to hit right now get their shot.

But all for not if the pitching doesn't get straight.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
09/11/15 12:17 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
I'd say tonight makes it official, Cards are reeling right now.

It's not time to panic yet, but get ready for a blowout in game 1 in the series against the Reds. I see them putting a 10 spot on the Birds, minimum.

griffin

sptsman
(member)
09/11/15 02:17 PM

Not time to get on the ledge yet. Maybe by the end of the weekend but not yet.

Every team has their struggles in the season. The Cards have been very fortunate to this date, they haven't had a real slump yet. You hate to see it in September, during a Division race but nobody plans these. The baseball gods tell you when they come... Win the next two in Cincy and all will be right in the world...

While Lackey hasn't been great on the road, look for him to have a strong outing tonight. He knows someone has to step up and pitch 7+ strong innings. He has that killer instinct that will kick in and take control. They face some dude named Michael Lorenzen, with a 4-8 record and a 5.54 ERA. Card win tonight. Take it to the bank.

You think we're frustrated? How about the Pirates fans... After seeing the Cardinals take a loss, they lose their 7th in a row to Milwaukee, in 13 innings.

HAUS
(member for now)
09/11/15 05:01 PM

Lackey could throw a no hitter tonight and still lose the way the team has been hitting lately.
Seems like they never hit when he's pitching.

If you go back to the 1st game with the Pirates a week ago, excluding the 2 wins out of the seven games, the offense has produced 32 hits and 9 forking runs in those 5 losses. Add in the two wins (11 hits, 8 runs) and you have 43 hits and 17 runs in 7 games, 6.1 hits per game and 2.4 runs per game..

There ya go. Offense is suckin hind tit. Pitching wins, but only if your offense can outscore the other team.

(I just wanted to get in on the math & chit..)

H2ODOG
09/11/15 05:41 PM

I'm just happy the Royals had he night off, so they didn't get there 187 win last night.

wuchangAdministrator
09/11/15 07:08 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
I'm just happy the Royals had he night off, so they didn't get there 187 win last night.

Better check with Haus--- he is into that math and chit

last_stand
09/11/15 07:24 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Not time to get on the ledge yet. Maybe by the end of the weekend but not yet.

Every team has their struggles in the season. The Cards have been very fortunate to this date, they haven't had a real slump yet. You hate to see it in September, during a Division race but nobody plans these. The baseball gods tell you when they come... Win the next two in Cincy and all will be right in the world...

While Lackey hasn't been great on the road, look for him to have a strong outing tonight. He knows someone has to step up and pitch 7+ strong innings. He has that killer instinct that will kick in and take control. They face some dude named Michael Lorenzen, with a 4-8 record and a 5.54 ERA. Card win tonight. Take it to the bank.

You think we're frustrated? How about the Pirates fans... After seeing the Cardinals take a loss, they lose their 7th in a row to Milwaukee, in 13 innings.

Not sure about fortunate.

Waino, Grichuk, Holiday (twice), Jay, Adams, Carpenter......E Friggen NOUGH!

last_stand
09/13/15 09:44 AM

Broxton for that huge restart of game 2??

Broxton??

WTF is Matheney thinking?

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
09/13/15 10:58 PM

9 ahead this week seems like a bad nightmare doesn't it..Nostradamus ?

Meanwhile in the ATL..25.5 back. Maybe too late.

H2ODOG
09/14/15 02:58 AM

I'm not as good at math as say Dabs thinks he is.........but the Cards are 14 games ahead of San Fran in the wild card with 19 to play. I'd bet money to say the Cards make the playoffs, and considering their injuries to key players..........they shouldn't even be at .500

wuchangAdministrator
09/14/15 08:46 AM

Cards 3-7 in last 10
Royals 3-7 in last 10

There is only one Nostradamus and Griffin is his name and he is never wrong

Bet that

dabsAdministrator
()
09/14/15 11:07 AM

I see you all are close to being converts....one of you aspires to count like Mr and the other is using reference to the AA league in comparison to your big boy team.

Happy Monday Cards fans!

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
09/14/15 01:36 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
9 ahead this week seems like a bad nightmare doesn't it..Nostradamus ?

Eh.......the boy just got a bit excited, that's all. It's hard not be excited when your team is the best in baseball.

I think you'll see the Birds rebound in the last game of this series with the Reds and win by 5-7 runs.....so give 6 and I think you'll be safe. (I know, it's a hard bet to make with the way they've been playing, but you just gotta trust me on this one) I think Adams gets back in the lineup and I see some late game fireworks from him.....but, bet how you want, it's your money.

griffin

last_stand
09/16/15 10:36 AM

Watching that win last night reminded me of having a tooth pulled.

Other than Martinez and Heyward. They knew it was a baseball game.

sptsman
(member)
09/16/15 12:38 PM

Here is what you need to know for the remainder on the regular season and the playoffs: If the pitching is on, they have a chance. If they have to rely on their hitting to win a slugfest, they will lose 8 or 9 out of 10 times. Unless something changes (like Holiday providing a spark), this is the 1968 Cardinals. They will live or die with the pitching staff. Of course 1968 turned out pretty good ... until the very end.

Let's hope the bats can get a little spark in them...

wuchangAdministrator
09/17/15 08:44 AM

Cardinals lead now up to 4 games thanks to Tommy Pham

last_stand
09/17/15 09:59 AM

Quote:

wuchang said:

Yep.

The guy who's been frittering away on the bench while we wait for Matheney to wake the hell up.

Now Pham has to sit around as we watch Matheney get Holiday, Grichuk and Jay ready for the playoffs, while he is the most "ready" to get us TO the playoffs.

Sometimes the answer is right in front of you Mike.

H2ODOG
09/17/15 03:06 PM

I'll take Grichuk over Tommy every day of the week.

HAUS
(member for now)
09/17/15 03:25 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
I'll take Grichuk over Tommy every day of the week.

Amen!!

H2ODOG
09/17/15 03:55 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

wuchang said:

Now Pham has to sit around as we watch Matheney get Holiday, Grichuk and Jay ready for the playoffs, while he is the most "ready" to get us TO the playoffs.

There are 17 games left on the schedule and the Birds are 14 games ahead of San Fran in the standings. The Cards are pretty much TO the playoffs as it stands right now. Pham will help the Cards go in strong, but Grichuk got the Cards To this point now. Without him, they aren't in 1st place. When Gricuck can throw, he needs to be in the lineup daily. Same as Piscotty

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
09/17/15 05:29 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

wuchang said:

Yep.

The guy who's been frittering away on the bench while we wait for Matheney to wake the hell up.

Sometimes the answer is right in front of you Mike.

I saved this post to a Word Document, printed it, and put it in our safe deposit box.

I don't think any of my kids are going to try smoking crack....but if they do, I want to have an example of what it can do to a person's brain.

Thanks!

griffin

wuchangAdministrator
09/17/15 06:05 PM

Then you may also want to copy this to put next to Last Stand's post in the safety deposit box

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/b...a4745a010c.html

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
09/17/15 06:14 PM

Oh geez, not you too. Look, I have no problem playing him over Jay. In fact, Jon Jay is the Peter Berglund of the Cardinals. I don't know who forked his old lady and now owes him.......but he can't crack the lineup for this team.

Pham over Grichuck, Holiday, or Piscotty? Hell no.

Nice game last night, Tommy, and you may get another game or two before the real team is fully back. Until then, sit down and shut up.

griffin

HAUS
(member for now)
09/17/15 06:39 PM

if a person watches enough ball, you'll see on a consistent basis that "new" guys or rookies, whatever you want to call them, if they have any bit of decent talent, always seem to have a few months of success whether they're pitchers or hitters.

The game today is so focused on video, that these new guys don't have much video history at the big league level. Opposing teams have some info from the minors, but they don't have any credible info (patterns/tendencies) for a few months, so pitchers don't have an idea on how to approach these guys.

Pham, Grichuk, Piscotty are great examples of this. Piscotty came up and got hot, Pham has had his moments and the same for Grichuk.

Take those three for example, one of them might be a long term legit big leaguer, but they haven't been up long enough to know who it might be (hopefully all three of them will be.)

Just my opinion, Grichuk has proven power, proven speed and a proven glove and is the best option in CF if he's healthy. He can change a game with one swing and he's proven that multiple times this year. Pham has not.

(I just wanted to get in on all the arm-chair GM opinions and chit..)

wuchangAdministrator
09/17/15 07:34 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Oh geez, not you too. Look, I have no problem playing him over Jay. In fact, Jon Jay is the Peter Berglund of the Cardinals. I don't know who forked his old lady and now owes him.......but he can't crack the lineup for this team.

Pham over Grichuck, Holiday, or Piscotty? Hell no.

Nice game last night, Tommy, and you may get another game or two before the real team is fully back. Until then, sit down and shut up.

griffin

Hey-- the kid had a nosebleed game and certain folks are starting to crack over the same offense that ranks 24 out of 30 that has been here all season

Start him over Grichuk or Piscotty--no
Start him over Holiday--no
Start him over the other suspects in center field?? Why not?

Haus pretty well nailed the short shelf life of rookie call ups--

it used to be called the 'sophomore jinx' before the game became so specialized.

Again--pitching is what got them here and pitching will either make or break them.

H2ODOG
09/17/15 08:59 PM

Pham hit 2 dingers and a triple against one of the WORST pitching staffs in all of baseball. Sorta like getting a blowjob on prom night from the town slut. Way to go kid.

Grichuk and Piscotty have proven worthy enough to be on a playoff roster. Holliday gets on the roster for experience and his bat could be a huge lift. He's proven enough in the post season with 13 HR and a .255 BA in 13 Post Season series. John Jay O HR and a .233 BA in 11 post season series. If Grichuk is healthy, he gets the start in Center. Holliday in L and Heyward in R.

Bourjos should be watching the post season from home, and Pete Kozma should be cooking the food at that watch party.

H2ODOG
09/17/15 09:05 PM

Molina
Reynolds
Wong
Peralta
Carpenter
Holliday
Grichuk
Heyward
Piscotty
Adams
Moss
Cruz
Greg Garcia
Lackey
Martinez
Wacha
Lynn
Jaime Garcia
Maness
Choate
Rosenthal
Cishek
Siegrist
Broxton

Wainwright if healthy and pitching well gets the 25th spot. Pham can give handjobs after he makes the sammiches for Bourjos, Jay, and Kozma

last_stand
09/17/15 09:35 PM

Hilarious..............are you guys watching who's playing center field last 6 games?

My point is we have an extremely hot bat on the bench.

When we need hits.

I will yield to get Grichuk and Holiday back in the lineup but play the kid with the hot hand as well. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. I don't need to see Jay or Holiday going 5 games straight 3 for 19 to get "back in the swing"

Shitty pitching dawg? The same shitty pitching that has this team begging for base runners? He won the friggin game last night facing that shitty pitching while the rest of the team didn't do squat against your shitty pitching.

Then he made a catch in the 9th that Holiday sure as hell wasn't going to make.

If he cools, sit him. Fine. This isn't forkin rocket science.

HAUS
(member for now)
09/17/15 11:05 PM

Dawg posts about handjobs and then dad posts about Pham's hot hand...

H2ODOG
09/17/15 11:09 PM

Baseball is all about the numbers. Yes Pham is hot right now. Jay has never impressed me much, except in the field....and that can be bad at times. You can use him for now, but he doesn't make the playoff roster if Waino came pitch. Waino gets the 25th spot. Hell Socolovich might get the 25th spot if Waino isn't healthy. Greg Garcia can play the infield and pinch hit. Pham can't. We are loaded with outfielders.

Reynolds can DH, 1B, 3B, and the outfield
Piscotty can DH, 1B, and outfield
Moss can DH, 1B, oufield, and has played 3B
Adams would be a huge DH is he can't play the field in the WS.
Pham is too little too late. Ride him to the playoffs or until Grichuk, and Holliday can play the OF.....then he becomes a PH and gets a roster spot next spring to make a name for himself. Get rid of Jay to make a spot from Pham next spring. Ship Bourjos to the minors to find his swing or ship him out also.

Right now the Cards have depth in the outfield with a healthy Grichuk and Holliday, especially with Moss and Reynolds on the roster.

Pham isn't on the playoff roster unless one of the guys above can't play. I'll take Pham over Jay any damn day.

H2ODOG
09/17/15 11:10 PM

Quote:

HAUS said:

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
09/17/15 11:16 PM

Pham has a hot hand.......let's all try to keep our pants up while we remember that he is a 27 year old perennial minor leaguer hitting against one of the worst teams in the division. It's Tommy Pham, not Mickey Mantle.

When the playoffs come and the big boys are healthy.....Pham goes back to playing poker on the bus.

griffin

H2ODOG
09/17/15 11:31 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Hilarious..............are you guys watching who's playing center field last 6 games?

I'm wondering if you know who has played Center Field the last 6 games.
Pham played one game and went 3-4
Jay played one game and went 0-3
Jay played one game and went 2-5
Heyward played one game and went 2-4
Jay played one game and went 1-3
Bourjos played one game and went 0-4

Pham has played in 11 of the 14 games in Sept. 23 AB's 7 hits......3 in one game. 7RBI's 1 Walk, no doubles, a triple and 3 HR.....with the triple and 2 HR coming in one game. Same game as his 4 RBI's That's a .304 Average for all 11 games this month.

Hell go back to August where the dude played in a BUNCH of games and played the entire damn game. 10 games start to finish. 44 AB's 12 hits. 6 Walks. .315 Batting average 2 games with 3 hits. 1 double and 2 triples in those 12 starts.

Dude isn't lighting the world on fire.....he isn't hitting as bad as Jay, but he sure as hell isn't Ty Cobb. Sure Pham gets the nod before Jay, but he is picking splinters out of his ass if Holliday and Grichuk are healthy to play.

H2ODOG
09/17/15 11:39 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:

Shitty pitching dawg? The same shitty pitching that has this team begging for base runners? He won the friggin game last night facing that shitty pitching while the rest of the team didn't do squat against your shitty pitching.

Yes SHITTY pitching. The same one ranked 4th worst in MLB for HR's allowed and ERA. The 6th worst team with Walks....yes SHITTY pitching.

5 walks and 7 hits given up on Tuesday night. The same SHITTY pitching that game up 6 walks and 8 runs last night with a Wild Pitch scoring a run. Most folks would call that SHITTY Pitching. Who knows what you call it.

The bats are in a slump and its been that way most of the year. GO like hell for a few weeks then they can't hit to save their life. With Adams, Holliday, & Grichuk all coming back at the same time...I bet the hitting gets good towards the end of the month. Just when it needs to. Hot going into the playoffs.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
09/18/15 12:24 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

I'm wondering if you know who has played Center Field the last 6 games.
Pham played one game and went 3-4
Jay played one game and went 0-3
Jay played one game and went 2-5
Heyward played one game and went 2-4
Jay played one game and went 1-3
Bourjos played one game and went 0-4

Pham has played in 11 of the 14 games in Sept. 23 AB's 7 hits......3 in one game. 7RBI's 1 Walk, no doubles, a triple and 3 HR.....with the triple and 2 HR coming in one game. Same game as his 4 RBI's That's a .304 Average for all 11 games this month.

Hell go back to August where the dude played in a BUNCH of games and played the entire damn game. 10 games start to finish. 44 AB's 12 hits. 6 Walks. .315 Batting average 2 games with 3 hits. 1 double and 2 triples in those 12 starts.

Dude isn't lighting the world on fire.....he isn't hitting as bad as Jay, but he sure as hell isn't Ty Cobb. Sure Pham gets the nod before Jay, but he is picking splinters out of his ass if Holliday and Grichuk are healthy to play.

Dude.....I can't believe you are running down the Phambino.

griffin

H2ODOG
09/18/15 12:52 AM

Dude almost killed a guy with his 2nd AB tonight.......I heard the third AB he looked afraid to swing. He's done. 4th AB.....never took the bat off his shoulder, for fear of hurting someone again.

The Phanomenon is over. Dude will require counseling after that hit off the pitchers head. Pete Rose would have gotten a triple out of that chit too........no running out of the box lazy bastard.

last_stand
09/18/15 01:15 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Pham has a hot hand.......let's all try to keep our pants up while we remember that he is a 27 year old perennial minor leaguer hitting against one of the worst teams in the division. It's Tommy Pham, not Mickey Mantle.

When the playoffs come and the big boys are healthy.....Pham goes back to playing poker on the bus.

griffin

I said play him NOW. Like tonight. Triple, double, 2 rbi's and 2 run scored.

Let's hope you know baseball better than goal tenders.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Who's your big boy? Matt Holiday? Yeah, I'll hope along with you.

last_stand
09/18/15 01:23 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

Yes SHITTY pitching. The same one ranked 4th worst in MLB for HR's allowed and ERA. The 6th worst team with Walks....yes SHITTY pitching.

5 walks and 7 hits given up on Tuesday night. The same SHITTY pitching that game up 6 walks and 8 runs last night with a Wild Pitch scoring a run. Most folks would call that SHITTY Pitching. Who knows what you call it.

The bats are in a slump and its been that way most of the year. GO like hell for a few weeks then they can't hit to save their life. With Adams, Holliday, & Grichuk all coming back at the same time...I bet the hitting gets good towards the end of the month. Just when it needs to. Hot going into the playoffs.

Sorry. I'll go slower.

If the pitching was so shitty, how is it ONE GUY drove in 4 of the 5 runs? Where was the rest of the mighty team against the shitty pitcher?

You guys keep forkin waiting on the "big boys" to show up that has been basically absent all year. I don't give a fork who it is or how old or where's he's been this team better learn to play the guy's who's hitting cuzz that's all there is on most nights.

last_stand
09/18/15 01:26 AM

Quote:

HAUS said:

Haus me boy you know Dad's always right............bwaaaaaaaaa

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
09/18/15 01:32 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

I said play him NOW. Like tonight. Triple, double, 2 rbi's and 2 run scored.

Let's hope you know baseball better than goal tenders.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Who's your big boy? Matt Holiday? Yeah, I'll hope along with you.

Yeah.....perfect analogy......another rookie you kept stroking off with your "hot hand" bullchit who ended up making you look like a crackhead.....
Jake Phallen

H2ODOG
09/18/15 01:46 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

Sorry. I'll go slower.

If the pitching was so shitty, how is it ONE GUY drove in 4 of the 5 runs? Where was the rest of the mighty team against the shitty pitcher?

You guys keep forkin waiting on the "big boys" to show up that has been basically absent all year. I don't give a fork who it is or how old or where's he's been this team better learn to play the guy's who's hitting cuzz that's all there is on most nights.

Dude.....you need to get back on your meds. Pham has a great game and you act like he's the next Mike Trout. Relax Francis. Its baseball. 162 games in a year Not everyone hits on the same damn night. Pham gets hot for 2 games and you are putting him up for the MVP Trophy. Perhaps if he made a better showing when he actually started a bunch of games in August......like another guy name Piscotty, I might say keep him around in the playoffs. But he wasn't that impressive. He hasn't been impressive until he played the Brew crew pithcing, who's ERA's make the Royals team ERA look like its 1968. Even against shitty pitching, some nights people don't hit. Some people just hit well against some teams. Its baseball.

Pham plays until Oct....and then he can give you hot hand jobs in the shower, while you give him a reach around and watch Piscotty,Grichuk, Holliday, and Heyward play the outfield in the postseason. He deserves some AB's right now, but Matheny is worried about the post season.

A playoff berth is a lock. I would be more concerned about the overall picture.....like trying to get Holliday, Adams, and Grichuk some AB's to get them some rhythm. Those dudes will be on the playoff roster. Pham won't. You are worried about games right now, when the end result is a NL Central Crown and a trip to the WS. Holliday, Adams, and Grichuk will be huge factors in that. Pham won't. Give dude some AB's and unless the other three aren't healthy come playoff time, he is out. Matheny makes less boneheaded moves that Larussa did on a nightly basis. I'll trust him more than you.

H2ODOG
09/18/15 01:54 AM

Hell Omar Infante......who is barely batting his weight, got 7 RBI's tonight.....which goes to show just like Pham, a blind hog can find an acorn.

last_stand
09/18/15 10:26 AM

Jesus now I have the Olsen twins in an uproar. bwaaaaaaaaa

Hey twin #1.......after being so wrong for so long about Brian Elliott you should still be studying up on your hockey manual.

Twin #2.........here's what I said that has your sister getting you so worked up about.

"The guy who's been frittering away on the bench while we wait for Matheney to wake the hell up. Now Pham has to sit around as we watch Matheney get Holiday, Grichuk and Jay ready for the playoffs, while he is the most "ready" to get us TO the playoffs.

Sometimes the answer is right in front of you Mike."

So then Matheney takes that very same advice. Puts him in the lineup. Phambino gets 3 hits, 2 Rbi's, game winning rbi and scores 2 runs.

And then you go off on a 5 page thesis rant saying I'm not really sure what. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So go have your tantrum with him. Maybe write a whole book for him.

Oh and I think you two girls really need to get laid.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

sptsman
(member)
09/18/15 11:28 AM

Dayum, you boys are all worked up...

Cards need 2 of 3 from Cubbies. They'll miss Arietta but should get Lester on Sunday. Looks like they got a little help from them by winning 3 of 4 in Pittsburgh and potentially knocking out Kang with a hard slide into 2nd. After watching the replay, it doesn't look dirty, just hard and it also doesn't look like Kang is going to be out for long. But sometimes those knee injuries don't look bad and end up being season ending (just as Sam Bradford).

Pittsburgh going to play in LA after losing 3 of 4. They get Greinke today and Kershaw tomorrow. Very real possibility they lose 2 of 3 this weekend. It sure would be nice to get back up to a 6 or 7 game lead and rest a few guys (cause they worked so well last time), not to mention get some more AB's for guys like Holiday and Adams.

You boys get back to your bickering. I'm going to soak in this lousy pitching a poor hitting all the way to 100+ wins...

H2ODOG
09/18/15 03:54 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:

Pittsburgh going to play in LA after losing 3 of 4. They get Greinke today and Kershaw tomorrow. Very real possibility they lose 2 of 3 this weekend. It sure would be nice to get back up to a 6 or 7 game lead and rest a few guys (cause they worked so well last time), not to mention get some more AB's for guys like Holiday and Adams.

You boys get back to your bickering. I'm going to soak in this lousy pitching a poor hitting all the way to 100+ wins...

No no no NO.........we can't get Holliday Adams more AB's. Pham needs to get some AB's so he will be ready to cook brats and burgers come October.

Lang in Pitts. Is done for the season I hear. Torn MCL and he gone.

BTW..........Matt Holliday has been in STL for a long time. Renee are 2 L's in his name. Just figured you should know.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
09/18/15 11:22 PM

Last Stand is THE MAN !!! He obviously understands baseball . Unlike some of you Jabronies!

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
09/18/15 11:24 PM

Fork you Phubba.

"Jabronies" bwaaaaaahahahahahahaaa

griffin

last_stand
09/21/15 12:38 AM

I heard Phambino jacked one in the first today at Wrigley? Can that be right?

wuchangAdministrator
09/21/15 01:52 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
I heard Phambino jacked one in the first today at Wrigley? Can that be right?

wuchangAdministrator
09/21/15 09:04 AM

and don't forget Piscotty followed him with one also

last_stand
09/22/15 02:27 PM

I'm sure we all agree, great photo:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

H2ODOG
09/22/15 10:26 PM

Which photo is that.............your link sends it to a page full of articles and photos and other crap.

last_stand
09/23/15 10:39 AM

I heard Phambino had a triple to lead off the 8th Monday night and scored the tying run in the Cards win.

Then I heard he had the game tying rbi AND next up the game winning rbi last night. On a 3-0 count.

Can that be right?

fastman
(member)
09/23/15 12:12 PM

& if "Tommy" the pinball wizard of "OZ" isn't on the playoff
roster instead of a guy such as dawgs pick of "coontail" moss....I'll quit

last_stand
09/23/15 01:07 PM

"coontail" Moss...........bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

But I still like all Cardinals Eddy!

fastman
(member)
09/23/15 02:30 PM

u like moss??? Really??? Knot me

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
09/26/15 09:40 PM

Why isn't the Phambino going to play tonight.....oh that's right, 4 K's last night. He's had his run.....now that the scouting reports are out on him he's working on a one way ticket back to where he started.....a career minor leaguer.

griffin

sptsman
(member)
09/29/15 12:16 PM

One more win in Pittsburgh and it's time to line up the rotation, for post season play, get Holliday and Adams lots of AB's and a little rest for the regulars... Maybe even throw Waino into a game or two just to see what happens...

What a grind of a game last night. It felt like is was 3 1/2 hours long... Oh, that's right, it was 3 1/2 hours long. My goodness they need to enforce the players stepping out of the box and speed these marathons up. And if Tony Cruz, batting a cool .188 has to step out and adjust his batting gloves every single pitch, we might as well get ready for 5 hour games. Tony, you're a back-up catcher, with an average well below the Mendoza line. Just get in the box and take your hacks. It is painful to watch!!! What happened to the clock between pitches and the initiatives to speed up the game?

Let's hope Wacha is on tonight and can give them 7 or 8 strong innings (in 100 pitches or less). We really don't want to have to count on Lyons vs Cole on Wednesday. If it takes Wacha a few innings to find his rhythm, this game may be over before the 3rd.

Go Cards!!

last_stand
10/01/15 03:32 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Why isn't the Phambino going to play tonight.....oh that's right, 4 K's last night. He's had his run.....now that the scouting reports are out on him he's working on a one way ticket back to where he started.....a career minor leaguer.

griffin

One 0-4 nite and the scouts have him zeroed in? bwaaaaaaaaa

Please, this post is even dumber than the one you made 10 days ago.

Phambino stats:

Last 7 games .294BA.......316 OB.......353 Slugging

Last 15 games .364 BA....391 OB.......818 Slugging

Last 30 games .321 BA.....391 OB.......593 Slugging

In 48 games with the big club he's batted .276

In 54 games in Memphis he's batted .326

Jon Jay is batting .216 for the year. He is batting .135 for the year with runners in scoring position. It gets better, his career post season BA is .233 with a post season slugging percentage of .265

Now argue those numbers. I am sure you will find a way.

But Matheney just might be as dumb as you though and go with the vet Jon Jay for post season. He has basically benched one of the hottest hitters to play Jay, his vet, oh his stats are right above if you want to see them again. Or then again maybe DeWitt, who singled Pham out tonight in the locker room, will convince stubborn Mike to do other wise.

As for Phams long minor league career it's been due to injuries. Lots of them. He was on the DL this year too. The guys done everything he can possibly do to make post season maybe this post season year we will want to actually get some production out of our center fielder.

I doubt though. Mike loves his "vets". Jesus.

last_stand
10/01/15 11:22 AM

Right off the press:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/j...9cb0bc64fe.html

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
10/01/15 01:11 PM

The "Flash in the Phan" (yes, I am coining that phrase too) will not end up part of the Cardinal' long range plan.....and will be hard pressed to make the post-season roster if everyone is healthy.

griffin

dabsAdministrator
()
10/01/15 01:11 PM

Congrats to the Cards on a 100+ win season and the Division.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
10/01/15 01:16 PM

Quote:

dabs said:
Congrats to the Cards on a 100+ win season and the Division.

^^^this^^^

last_stand
10/01/15 09:25 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
The "Flash in the Phan" (yes, I am coining that phrase too) will not end up part of the Cardinal' long range plan.....and will be hard pressed to make the post-season roster if everyone is healthy.

griffin

Hard pressed?

5 outfielders will go to post season. At least. And keep in mind, Piscotty can go to first, and should. A lot. And Grichuk may not be able to throw better than 80%. And Holiday is Holiday so late in games we are ahead he will get spelled. And of course his forkin hammy.

So Swami which of these 3 are you taking in front of Phambino?

Jay

Bourjas

Moss

You still hard pressed? bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
10/01/15 09:39 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

Hard pressed?

5 outfielders will go to post season. At least. And keep in mind, Piscotty can go to first, and should. A lot. And Grichuk may not be able to throw better than 80%. And Holiday is Holiday so late in games we are ahead he will get spelled. And of course his forkin hammy.

So Swami which of these 3 are you taking in front of Phambino?

Jay

Bourjas

Moss

You still hard pressed? bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Whether you and I like it or not, Jay will go before The Flash....get over it....so would Moss if it comes down to it.

HAUS
(member for now)
10/02/15 01:09 PM

here's my list, for the first round, barring any more injuries:

pitchers
beslisle
choate
cishek
j.garcia
lackey
lynn
maness
rosenthal
siegrist
wacha
wainwright

infield
adams
carpenter
peralta
reynolds
wong
g.garcia

catchers
cruz
easley

outfield
heyward
grichuk
holliday
piscotty

coin flip
pham
jay

bubble
moss
broxton
villanueva
harris
lyons

not even close to consideration
gorgeous bourjos
kozma

I only have 24 on the list, so there's one spot left. pitcher or position player? i can see them dropping a pitcher on my list for a long guy like villanueva or lyons in case a game gets out of hand.

Do they reward the phamster for his recent performance or do they go with the veteran jay, who has done well in the postseason in the past. I lean towards jay since the postseason stage can possibly freak a rookie out. they might let him sit the 1st round just to take it all in..

these last three games are some big auditions for some of these bubble guys. hopefully, no one gets hurt and folks get healthy (yadi)

Rosters can be changed after each round.

sptsman
(member)
10/02/15 01:17 PM

Quote:

HAUS said:
here's my list, for the first round, barring any more injuries:

pitchers
beslisle
choate
cishek
j.garcia
lackey
lynn
maness
rosenthal
siegrist
wacha
wainwright

infield
adams
carpenter
peralta
reynolds
wong
g.garcia

catchers
cruz
easley

outfield
heyward
grichuk
holliday
piscotty

coin flip
pham
jay

bubble
moss
broxton
villanueva
harris
lyons

not even close to consideration
gorgeous bourjos
kozma

I only have 24 on the list, so there's one spot left. pitcher or position player? i can see them dropping a pitcher on my list for a long guy like villanueva or lyons in case a game gets out of hand.

Do they reward the phamster for his recent performance or do they go with the veteran jay, who has done well in the postseason in the past. I lean towards jay since the postseason stage can possibly freak a rookie out. they might let him sit the 1st round just to take it all in..

Rosters can be changed after each round.

I have forwarded this to Mike Matheny and John Mozeliak...

HAUS
(member for now)
10/02/15 01:19 PM

I forgot to add my disclaimer at the bottom..

"I just wanted to get in on all the arm chair, Viagra eating GM chit and all.."

sptsman
(member)
10/02/15 03:06 PM

Hey, we all know some chit... Just ask us...

H2ODOG
10/02/15 03:17 PM

I would take Socolovich over Belisle IMO. Lower WHIP, better ERA. Minus his last outing against the Pirates, he has looked better than Belisle.

Pham is 2 out of his last 10. Jay is 2 out of his last 11. Phambino was hot....has he cooled off. The last series against ATL says who gets on the roster. Jay provides us another LH bat. Pham gets you another hot bad, but has he cooled off?? I don't like Jay, but I bet he gets the spot.

last_stand
10/02/15 04:03 PM

Nice work Haus.

Maybe Lyons over Choate.

One thing though, I don't know where you figure Jay as "strong" in post season. He had one big hit in 2011 game six, that's for sure.

Matheney being Matheney tells me Phambino is going to get screwed for the vet pick. If they go 11 pitchers, that 25th spot might be his ticket.

Keep in mind, post season has not exactly been a shining star for Matheney.

It's a huge call. If Grichuk can't throw well, if they want Piscotty on first, if they want to pull Willie Mays Holiday out in the 8th when ahead, this spot player is going to be playing in center field.

HAUS
(member for now)
10/02/15 04:22 PM

Speaking of Jay, last year the brass signed Bourjos to replace Jay in CF before the 2014 season. Bourjos couldn't hit a beach ball all year and Jay played his way back into the starting lineup. He also played his ass off in the postseason last year. Injuries aside, I don't recall seeing Jay get burnt very often on flyballs. He's a plus defender. The wrist injury has hurt his production, but it's all about experience this time of the year. Like the old saying, "just get in the playoffs.." Same with players, "just make the roster.."

Without getting into all the stats an chit, I bet his numbers last post season were pretty good. At least that's what my memory says...

sptsman
(member)
10/02/15 05:51 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Keep in mind, post season has not exactly been a shining star for Matheney.

Ya think? He's had is arse handed to him by John Farrell in 2013 and by Bochy last year. In both series he was so badly out-maneuvered, I'm surprised he didn't get a neck sprain watching the series pass him by. If he has a weakness, it is managing critical playoff and WS games like they are just another game and being too loyal to players he feels he owes something. He's managing to try to win a game. They're managing to win a Championship. Let's hope he gets it by now. Hurt feelings all go away when people are hoisting a WS trophy...

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
10/02/15 05:56 PM

Pardon the ignorance from the west side...(insert joke here) but what is Yadi's status? Are they saying?

H2ODOG
10/02/15 07:05 PM

Yadi retired about an hour ago.

H2ODOG
10/02/15 07:18 PM

Cards struggle for Runs and hits at times. Phambino could give than a better shot at hits than Jay. Jay's experience and glove in the field is a big factor in taking Jay. I would rather see Pham than Jay,

Jay was 9 for 29 with 3 walks and 3 K's in the 2014 playoffs. In 57 post season games he is batting .233. Not the best but plenty of people batting worse in the playoffs. It doesn't matter who MM picks, Sportsman and LS won't like it If he picks Jay and he's a flop it will be what if he picked Pham. If Phan gets the nod and does bad, people will say he should have picked Jay.

I'm more concerned about the hot team right now......the Canadian bastards. Playing in that city won't be a fun deal

last_stand
10/02/15 07:36 PM

Well I do think it's a mistake to pass on Pham. He takes good abs, he's hit all year, and he's faster than Jay and has a better throwing arm. Jays wrist is definitely affecting his ability at the plate.

But I'm glad you've come full circle to Phambino land dawg. Welcome aboard.

I see a few different ways he can take both and that would be the best deal. Matheney HAS to go for offensive production, the 12th pitcher takes back seat for this particular club. If he does that, imo, it is to accommodate Jay, not Phambino. He's gonna have a lot of 'splaining to do if he keeps Pham off.

H2ODOG
10/02/15 08:14 PM

I'm not sold on Pham. Hit .300 for a season and I'll be sold

dabsAdministrator
()
10/02/15 08:14 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:

Just couldn't hang after he gave up the roids....huh?

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
10/02/15 09:00 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
I'm more concerned about the hot team right now......the Canadian bastards. Playing in that city won't be a fun deal

Don't worry Dawg - the team you hate more than any other will take care of that for you..

H2ODOG
10/03/15 02:16 AM

Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:

Just couldn't hang after he gave up the roids....huh?

Probably........looks like Queto had the same issue

H2ODOG
10/03/15 02:17 AM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:

Don't worry Dawg - the team you hate more than any other will take care of that for you..

I didn't realize the Cubs will play the Blue Jays must be a new playoff deal

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
10/03/15 08:39 PM

:tomahawkchop: X3!!!!!

Crickets up in hera.....

I know , I know...they had clinched , everybody was on cruise , they rested the starters etc , etc..what about momentum??

last_stand
10/08/15 01:51 PM

Just waiting for Matheneys roster. I don't know about Jay but I think Pham makes this roster.

If we win game one, big if, they should think about moving Garcia to a Wrigley game imo. At least think about it.

Arrietta seems to have everybody's number these days. After he hit the second Pirate that guy should have charged the mound, anything to throw his game off. Missed opportunity.

Pirates plunking him almost did the trick but too little too late.

For you West siders I'll explain to you why all that happened when I have some more time.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

sptsman
(member)
10/08/15 02:27 PM

Cards vs. Cubs analysis:

Cubs have better ace, more potent offense and a better manager.

Cards have a better bullpen, deeper rotation and far more experience in the post-season.

Cubs will be feeling a ton of pressure and may have some difficulty relaxing and swinging the bats freely, like they have the last few months. For the most part, their fate, as the 2nd wild card team, has been sealed for several weeks. It is easy to play well and swing freely under those circumstances. The pressure of 100+ years is going to be very heavy. Although their youth and inexperience could work in their favor. Sometimes being young and dumb is not a bad thing...

Cards are going to have to get the pitching they did all season long. Any letdowns by the starters will be hard to overcome. While they win a lot of 1 and 2 run games, I don't see them having enough offense to come back from 3 and 4+ run deficits. They also need Matheny to have learned from past years' mistakes. He needs to be a better post-season manager.

Cards will win this series but it will take all 5 games...

last_stand
10/08/15 02:59 PM

Cubs are like 46-15 since the All star break or thereabouts.

The only way we win this series imo is to harkin back to the days of pitching and TIMELY hitting.

And if Madden puts his hitters in the lineup we need to expose that very defense.

HAUS
(member for now)
10/08/15 03:30 PM

y'all remember the past few yrs of Cy Young Kershaw playin agin the Redbirds in post season??

y'all remember steven j bartman??

y'all remember bill e. goat from 1945??

y'all remember that hapless excuse of a baseball team from north Chicago??

there's a lot going good for the cardinals and a chitload of bad stuff to get over for the baby bears...

it's called, fate.

Go Cardinals!

H2ODOG
10/08/15 03:57 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:

The only way we win this series imo is to harkin back to the days of pitching and TIMELY hitting.

And if Madden puts his hitters in the lineup we need to expose that very defense.

Actually they are 50-25 since the All star break. STL is 44-29 Its not like the Cubs were way better than a beat up STL since the break. Cubs were hot down the stretch

STL is 55-26 at home.......a .679 winning percentage. Cubs are 48-23 on the road. A .593%

Whoever has timely hitting and good pitching........isn't that who typically wins games. hell I'll go one better.........I bet if the Cardinals score more runs each night that the Cubs, that STL wins the series. Thanks for you insight LS. Who would have thought that timely hitting and great pitching would lead to winning games.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
10/08/15 04:38 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:

Just waiting for Matheneys roster. I don't know about Jay but I think Pham makes this roster.

If we win game one, big if, they should think about moving Garcia to a Wrigley game imo. At least think about it.

Arrietta seems to have everybody's number these days. After he hit the second Pirate that guy should have charged the mound, anything to throw his game off. Missed opportunity.

Pirates plunking him almost did the trick but too little too late.

For you West siders I'll explain to you why all that happened when I have some more time.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Interesting analysis.
And I am quite certain that if the Royals would have been on either side of that fracas you'd be referring to them as punks, or worse.. Just sayin'..

sptsman
(member)
10/08/15 05:17 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
And I am quite certain that if the Royals would have been on either side of that fracas you'd be referring to them as punks, or worse.. Just sayin'..

Because they earned that reputation with their behavior and solidified it when they picked-up Cueto. Now quit being so defensive and enjoy the few games they have left in the year...

last_stand
10/08/15 08:29 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

Actually they are 50-25 since the All star break. STL is 44-29 Its not like the Cubs were way better than a beat up STL since the break. Cubs were hot down the stretch

STL is 55-26 at home.......a .679 winning percentage. Cubs are 48-23 on the road. A .593%

Whoever has timely hitting and good pitching........isn't that who typically wins games. hell I'll go one better.........I bet if the Cardinals score more runs each night that the Cubs, that STL wins the series. Thanks for you insight LS. Who would have thought that timely hitting and great pitching would lead to winning games.

Surprised you even read it, I thought you and griffin would be too busy trying to figure out how the phambino made the roster.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Is he a "big boy" now? bwaaaaaaaaaaaa

sptsman
(member)
10/08/15 09:26 PM

Just saw the roster. They got it right. Now it is up to the boys to perform...

last_stand
10/08/15 09:46 PM

Grichuk was on the radio this afternoon and said his arm is ready to go. Great news.

H2ODOG
10/08/15 10:31 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

Surprised you even read it, I thought you and griffin would be too busy trying to figure out how the phambino made the roster.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Is he a "big boy" now? bwaaaaaaaaaaaa

Pham made the roster because Adams wasn't good enough to go. A healthier hitting Adams leave Pham cooking burgers with Bourjos this weekend.

last_stand
10/09/15 09:35 AM

Right. We needed that 4th first baseman.

Everybody knows it was Moss over Adams so you can save your breath.

H2ODOG
10/09/15 03:08 PM

Last I checked Moss, Reynolds, and Piscotty can all play the outfield also. Adams wasn't hitting his weight in the 17 games he played in with one HR. Its not like he was hitting the cover off the ball. His running ability was lacking also. Pham took his spot A healthy Adams leave Pham at home.

last_stand
10/09/15 03:49 PM

Dog even you said Pham gets on the roster before Jay.

So how the fork does the Adams benching get Phambino on the roster when Jays on the roster?

Hard to keep your stories straight I know but at least try.

Both Mo and forkin Bill Dewitt wanted Pham on the roster. It was never in question.

And as far as Moss for Adams hope it works.

last_stand
10/09/15 03:53 PM

Dawg:

" Sure Pham gets the nod before Jay, but he is picking splinters out of his ass if Holliday and Grichuk are healthy to play."

bwaaaaaaaa..........I can't keep up with this running story.....

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
10/09/15 04:17 PM

Yeah, I didn't count on Adams not being ready......I thought that was a done deal.

That's OK, Pham can come off the bench.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
10/09/15 04:21 PM

Shut up LS, you bonehead. Adams was never part of the discussion about whether Pham would make it or not. All that was discussed was the outfielders. Pham couldn't crack that group. PIscotty being able to play first along with Moss took care of the Phamtom.

griffin

last_stand
10/09/15 05:12 PM

That's nice.

Now tell dog that. He's the one who brought him up.

Good... forkin..... grief.

You two goofs can't even cover for each other like the old days. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
10/09/15 05:24 PM

I don't talk to dog......he's crazy. You tell him.

HAUS
(member for now)
10/09/15 05:30 PM

I wouldn't bother talking with Dog today. Heard a rumor he got him a monster buck this morning...

H2ODOG
10/09/15 05:30 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Dawg:

" Sure Pham gets the nod before Jay, but he is picking splinters out of his ass if Holliday and Grichuk are healthy to play."

I'd call you a moron, but that would be offensive to morons everywhere. A healthy Adams leaves Phambino at home. Pham wasn't making the roster before Holliday and Piscotty. Jay's LH bat and strong D with plenty of post season experience was getting the nod before a 28 year old AAA ball player. I said Jay would make the roster. You said he would get left off. I believe you said something about Moss being off it also. Put gay in Eddie's pipe and smoke it.

Watch Pham be a Bencj player. Piscotty, Holliday, Gritchuk, and Heyward will get the starts

H2ODOG
10/09/15 05:33 PM

Fuk that deer too. He heard Pham was on the playoff roster and tried killing himself too. Mofo looked like a fukin suicide number running straight at the truck. Sucker ran down the hill, and kept coming right at the window........slowing down and moving onto the shoulder didn't slow that Hadji bastard down. Grunted Allah Akbar before he jumped. Deer balls at 60 mph in the drivers window wasn't something I didn't expect when I woke up today

HAUS
(member for now)
10/09/15 05:44 PM

sorry about the truck though.

H2ODOG
10/09/15 07:56 PM

I'm lost,,.........what about Pham. His bat is hot. He should b in there

last_stand
10/09/15 08:42 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
Dawg:

I'd call you a moron, but that would be offensive to morons everywhere. A healthy Adams leaves Phambino at home. Pham wasn't making the roster before Holliday and Piscotty. Jay's LH bat and strong D with plenty of post season experience was getting the nod before a 28 year old AAA ball player. I said Jay would make the roster. You said he would get left off. I believe you said something about Moss being off it also. Put gay in Eddie's pipe and smoke it.

Watch Pham be a Bencj player. Piscotty, Holliday, Gritchuk, and Heyward will get the starts

Moron? Try reading. Your own friggen words above.

"SURE PHAM GETS THE NOD BEFORE JAY".

'Splain that. Wait. Don't forkin bother.

You guys have more forkin escape hatches for your "predictions" than a north side crack house.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

last_stand
10/09/15 08:44 PM

Go Cards!

last_stand
10/09/15 08:45 PM

Starting lineup?

Nice try.

Talkin with you is like talkin to my wife.

In circles.

H2ODOG
10/09/15 08:54 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
I would take Socolovich over Belisle IMO. Lower WHIP, better ERA. Minus his last outing against the Pirates, he has looked better than Belisle.

Pham is 2 out of his last 10. Jay is 2 out of his last 11. Phambino was hot....has he cooled off. The last series against ATL says who gets on the roster. Jay provides us another LH bat. Pham gets you another hot bad, but has he cooled off?? I don't like Jay, but I bet he gets the spot.

My quote in case you wanted to look for it

H2ODOG
10/09/15 08:59 PM

I realize you are old and have trouble reading.......I said Jay gets the nod over Pham. Both made the team. A healthy Adams,races Phambink at home. Spin it however you need to in your mind.

I'm sure Pham will ride the pine and come in to pinch hit for a big hit so you can live it up

wuchangAdministrator
10/10/15 12:45 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
I'm sure Pham will ride the pine and come in to pinch hit for a big hit so you can live it up

Damn......Dog has got Griffin's gift for prophecy too

Revenge of the Phambino

Only downside is LS will never ever let it rest now

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
10/10/15 01:18 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
Dawg:

Moron? Try reading. Your own friggen words above.

"SURE PHAM GETS THE NOD BEFORE JAY".

'Splain that. Wait. Don't forkin bother.

You guys have more forkin escape hatches for your "predictions" than a north side crack house.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

WOAH there big fella. Don't you EVER try to back me into a crack house. I'll throw some damn Habeas Predictionas on your arse that will boggle your damn mind.

I'll say it now......Cardinals 4, Cubs 0. And I'll even throw in a caveat for your Tommy Phlem loving arse so you can finally make some money on the over/under. The Phamtom will come off the bench for a solo homer in the 8th.

You and Sptsman can roll that around on your tongues for awhile.

griffin

H2ODOG
10/10/15 01:18 AM

Don't worry. He will now call for us to sit Holiday, with one L, or Grichuck............so Phambino can start

last_stand
10/10/15 10:49 AM

I missed the game last night, what happened?

Did Adams get a hit?

wuchangAdministrator
10/10/15 04:15 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:

Did Adams get a hit?

Damn.......

H2ODOG
10/10/15 08:28 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:

Did Adams get a hit?

Missed a great game. Piscotty had a couple awesome hits and the old guy Holliday had the game winner

last_stand
10/11/15 11:37 AM

First off, Brandon Moss at first should NEVER take Grichuk out of this line up again. I don't care the stat, the defense, the righty/lefty, the anything. It is patently absurd.

Secondly, at this point, and even before, Peralta in the 5 hole is criminal.

Now, Game 3:http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/30145/jake-arrieta

St. Louis Cardinals Career statistics vs. Jake Arrieta

BATTER AB H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO AVG OBP SLG OPS

Matt Carpenter 16 0 0 0 0 0 5 4 .000 .238 .000 .238
Tony Cruz 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 .333 .333 .333 .667
Greg Garcia 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 .000 .000 .000 .000
Randal Grichuk 3 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 .333 .333 1.000 1.333
Jason Heyward 18 6 1 0 0 1 0 3 .333 .333 .389 .722
Matt Holliday 15 1 0 0 0 0 2 5 .067 .176 .067 .243
Jon Jay 15 2 0 0 0 0 1 5 .133 .188 .133 .321
Yadier Molina 15 3 0 0 0 0 1 5 .200 .250 .200 .450
Brandon Moss 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 .000 .333 .000 .333
Jhonny Peralta 27 6 3 0 0 1 2 4 .222 .276 .333 .609
Thomas Pham 2 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 .500 .667 .500 1.167
Mark Reynolds 12 2 0 0 1 1 0 4 .167 .167 .417 .583
Kolten Wong 21 5 1 0 0 0 0 8 .238 .238 .286 .524
Totals 151 28 5 1 1 4 13 43 .185 .250 .252 .502

Ain't gonna happen but Peralta and Holiday should sit Monday night. We need good eyes, healthy players and contact hitters to face this guy. I'd rather see Garcia try to bunt than watch Peralta strike out on ball 4 again. As for 1 for 15 Holliday, I just threw him on the heap to blow up dawgs aorta valve.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That is all.

HAUS
(member for now)
10/11/15 03:21 PM

kinda off the subject, but i just want you all to know that i coach my kid's travel ball team based solely off the knowledge & expert advice of this here forum..

this chit is priceless and i'm putting in my resume to be a head coach at a D1 school any day now...

H2ODOG
10/11/15 04:17 PM

Peralta is a farmer in the off season. He is used to swinging at Chit in the dirt. Leave him alone. Holliday won't sit on Mondayof he does, I don't care. As long as the Cubs don't fly a W flag Monday, I'm happy

last_stand
10/11/15 09:38 PM

Quote:

HAUS said:
kinda off the subject, but i just want you all to know that i coach my kid's travel ball team based solely off the knowledge & expert advice of this here forum..

this chit is priceless and i'm putting in my resume to be a head coach at a D1 school any day now...

Thank you Haus, it's nice to know some one appreciates it.

It is..........well.............it's just .................what we do.

last_stand
10/12/15 10:44 AM

What are the chances for Michael Wacha to find his game tonight?

Odds are crazy against us. Real crazy.

Then again, the bright side, we could win the series tonight.

last_stand
10/13/15 01:24 AM

I sure wish Waino had started off with his 12 to 6 curve instead of that meatball.....

wuchangAdministrator
10/13/15 08:58 AM

We hang 4 on Arrieta and then Piscotty quieted the crowd in the 9th---

still no cigar

We will see if Old Man Lackey can gut out a win and let it all roll out.

3:07--goofy start time and TBS announcers--
terrible combination

nothing comes easy to this bunch

HAUS
(member for now)
10/13/15 04:56 PM

well, it's nut cuttin time today.

in the words of ricky bobby's dad, "it's time to see if these boys got hair on their peaches.."

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
10/13/15 08:23 PM

Started with a bang but rut-roh! Not looking good for the good guys...

H2ODOG
10/13/15 10:20 PM

I see Phambino had one HELL of a strikeout with 2 men on base. Impressive.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
10/14/15 12:12 AM

I can't wait to hear Griffin make his predictions..

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
10/14/15 01:03 AM

Quote:

IIFID said:
I can't wait to hear Griffin make his predictions..

You must have some money burning a hole in your pocket.

Just relax, I'll have what you need a little closer to game time.

griffin

last_stand
10/14/15 09:25 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
I see Phambino had one HELL of a strikeout with 2 men on base. Impressive.

bwaaaaaaaaaaa........he sure did.

Here's what Pham did along with what some of the first string big boys managed to do.

Pham 5 abs with 2 rbi's and hit .200 with .800 slugging

Peralta 14 abs, 1 rbi and batted .143 with slugging .214

Holiday 16 abs, 1 rbi and batted .125 with .125 sluffing...I mean slugging.

Wong 14 abs, 1 rbi and batted .143 with .429 slugging

3 "starters" batted better than Pham and only 1 of them had more rbi's. In 5 abs Pham had the teams second most rbi's.

In 17 abs Carpenter had 1 rbi. He batted a whopping .235 and .412 slugging.

That is all. Literally.

Mel
(member)
10/15/15 06:52 PM

Too bad about the cards. I was rooting for both MO teams to make it through the divisional series.

fish
(senior member - literally)
10/15/15 07:30 PM

Yep. Putting my Cardinal shirts and hats to bed for the winter. Thought I might have another week or two out of them. Oh well.... see you in Jupiter FL next February

last_stand
11/04/15 11:53 AM

It's already starting:

David Schoenfield, ESPN.com:
"The oddsmakers in Las Vegas have already established the Cubs as the betting favorite to win the World Series and I'm inclined to agree. Coming off a 97-win season, they were starting four rookies in the National League Championship Series and you can expect all four of those players to improve. With so many young players and Anthony Rizzo signed to a team-friendly deal, the Cubs have padding in the payroll to make a big free-agent splash and many expect them to reunite David Price with manager Joe Maddon."

Good grief. I hope they choke on the thought of it.

sptsman
(member)
11/04/15 05:11 PM

These are the same "experts" that had either the Nationals or Dodgers representing the NL in the 2015 WS. See how that worked out. The Cubs have a nice core of young talent. But how many rookie phenoms have we seen over the years that flame out? To expect all of these young guys to be all stars is not realistic. Some will, others will come down to more average numbers. And what do these experts think will happen when all of the other MLB pitching staffs develop a book on each of these young studs and start to really exploit their weaknesses and avoid their strengths (see Mets NLCS series).

The Cubs pitching is average at best. If they add Price it will be better but still not as good as 5 or 6 teams in the NL alone. It remains to be seen if Arieta can repeat his 2015 performance. Remember, he's been in the league 6 years and had never won more than 10 games and had very average stats. Was this a flash in the pan or is he the real deal?

And finally, they fail to take into consideration that both the Pirates and Cardinals will still be in their division. One or both of them winning 90+ games is a very real possibility.

Let the talking heads foam at the mouth about the Cubs. We'll see if they are for real soon enough...

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5