hucklburry
(member)
04/11/15 12:44 PM
Pete Rose

?? Think anything will happen? I saw him hit Sept 1 1985, a few days before he tied and broke the record.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
04/11/15 01:32 PM
Re: Pete Rose

If there is any sense of reason at all, the greatest baseball player of my lifetime will be admitted to the Hall of Fame.

In fact, I'd like to see a rule change so that a player HAS to bet on his team to win.....say 20% of what he will make on that day.

That is all.

griffin

last_stand
(the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar)
04/11/15 04:53 PM

Betting in sports for participants of any kind is a disaster.

He lied about it.

He signed an agreement that barred him forever.

But it's past time to let him in. Baseballs big enough for that, like so many others already there.

wuchangAdministrator
(spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World)
04/11/15 06:07 PM

Pete's only chance now is from the Hall of Fame holders ballot. Most of them are old school and probably won't let Pete in.

Shoeless Joe should get in before Pete and I don't see that happening.

fish
(senior member - literally)
04/11/15 06:49 PM

Oh they will let him in....after he is dead.

I agree, Free Pete Rose !

sptsman
(member)
04/13/15 12:42 PM

Fork Pete Rose and fork all you liberal pantywaists that can't see this piece of chit for the lying, cheating, no-good waste that he is...

The dude broke the one rule you can't break. They make that crystal clear when you come in as a rookie, you are reminded regularly and it is posted in every clubhouse in MLB. He broke it multiple times. He then lied about it multiple times, even after being caught and exposed red-handed (no pun intended). He then spends the next 20 years thumbing his nose at MLB and doing every possible thing he can think of the embarrass himself and MLB...

If he goes in, it should be the day after his funeral...

And that's all I got to say about that...

HAUS
(member for now)
04/13/15 02:45 PM

good lord!! did the guy pork your wife or something????

did he cheat you out of anything??

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
04/13/15 10:49 PM

I may have said this a few years ago , but Rose played shortstop for the Macon (GA) Peaches when I was a kid. Mother dropped me off at Luther Williams field every Friday night . I would stand in the bleachers area while the team warmed up. Pete Rose was the first person I ever heard say "mother forker" .

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
04/14/15 12:11 AM

Quote:

Bubba said:
I may have said this a few years ago , but Rose played shortstop for the Macon (GA) Peaches when I was a kid. Mother dropped me off at Luther Williams field every Friday night . I would stand in the bleachers area while the team warmed up. Pete Rose was the first person I ever heard say "mother forker" .

Well hell, maybe we should see about getting foots into the Hall.....he was the first person I ever heard say "mother forker" 5 times in a row without breathing.

griffin

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
04/14/15 02:17 AM

Pete Rose is the key!

foots
(the exterminator)
04/14/15 09:17 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

Bubba said:

Well hell, maybe we should see about getting foots into the Hall.....he was the first person I ever heard say "mother forker" 5 times in a row without breathing.

griffin

I can't do that any more.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
04/14/15 03:15 PM

I have to admit to being in the camp that respected his baseball ability but thinks you need to stay by the rules. No HOF.. until maybe after he's gone.

H2ODOG
(the one who never tires)
04/21/15 01:42 PM

He bet on his team to win. Let the guy in. Pete Rose is already in the HOF for piss sakes. His jerseys, his bats, baseballs, pictures........Plenty of young ballplayers in the minors could use a guy like Pete Rose to teach them how to hit a ball instead of hitting some juice or HGH. Baseball got this one wrong 20 years ago. I never liked Pete Rose as a player, because he played for the Reds. He is a pure hitting machine and did it all without HGH, roids, or whatever new thing there is.

Is he an arrogant ass.........yes. If you had more hits than anyone who every played baseball in 140+ years you might be an arrogant ass also. Ty Cobb was an arrogant ass that people didn't like. Lots of people have bet on baseball. Few get caught doing it.

H2ODOG
04/21/15 01:42 PM

FREE PETE ROSE!!!!!!

mother forker mother forker mother forker mother forker mother forker mother fork....ran out of air.

H2ODOG
04/21/15 01:44 PM

Sportsman........Andy.......you might need some therapy. Or some beardedclam, or both. You might be right Todd, maybe Pete Rose bet Andy he could bang his ol lady and lost money and some beardedclam that night.

H2ODOG
04/21/15 01:44 PM

Sportsman........Andy.......you might need some therapy. Or some beardedclam, or both. You might be right Todd, maybe Pete Rose bet Andy he could bang his ol lady and lost money and some beardedclam that night.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5