dabsAdministrator
()
03/03/16 11:04 PM
2016 - Defending World Champion KC Royals

I say 91 wins for the boys in Blue for the 2016 regular season.

sptsman
(member)
03/04/16 05:02 PM
Re: 2016 - Defending World Champion KC Royals

If they top 85, I'll buy you a hamburger at White Castle...

dabsAdministrator
()
03/04/16 07:46 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
If they top 85, I'll buy you a hamburger at White Castle...

Deal!

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
04/10/16 09:08 PM

Helluva fun game today! 4-3 Royals over the Twins in 10. A come from behind win that was capped by one Terrence Gore, who is amongst the fastest and most clever base runners today.

Royals excel at putting pressure on their opponents to the point they choke. Opposing pitchers and fielders know that KC will take the extra base every time, as did Gore taking second and third base after the Twins error-throw to first. Then finally a wild pitch and Gore is in like a shot.

Record is 4-1, so the season is off to an early but good start! Yeah Griff, our "cute little team" is off to another fun season...

H2ODOG
(the one who never tires)
04/11/16 02:12 AM

Funny how the "fans" are here posting how great the new money team is and how exiting it is.........and all that support they didn't give the same club a few years ago. Welcome to the party lifelong bandwagon jumping fan. Enjoy the ride. It won't last

cook
(member)
04/11/16 11:42 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Funny how the "fans" are here posting how great the new money team is and how exiting it is.........and all that support they didn't give the same club a few years ago.

I averaged about 5 games a year for 20 years-not sure what your measure of "support"is,but they were my hometown team.

Of course people are posting about"the new money team"being in and winning the WS is exciting-nothing real exciting to post about in a 100 loss season.

So,in your world-should we be happy they are winning,or should we wish to go back to 100 losses?

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
04/11/16 11:58 PM

Well dog,

After some degree of search, I can't find a single Cambio nor Bank that can tell me the difference between old money and new. I am told that it is worth precisely the same, regardless of age, as long as it is legible.

Mebbe we ought to have a bet such that you get the opportunity to "put up or shut up."

Make me a proposition on how many games the Royals will win this year, and I will consider it. My preference is DeWar's White Label - a 1-liter bottle will work.

Otherwise yer just talkin' trash and makin' noise ....

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
04/12/16 01:32 AM

Quote:

cook said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Funny how the "fans" are here posting how great the new money team is and how exiting it is.........and all that support they didn't give the same club a few years ago.

I averaged about 5 games a year for 20 years-not sure what your measure of "support"is,but they were my hometown team.

Of course people are posting about"the new money team"being in and winning the WS is exciting-nothing real exciting to post about in a 100 loss season.

So,in your world-should we be happy they are winning,or should we wish to go back to 100 losses?

I suspect you and all the rest of the royal supporters will be headed back to 100 losses soon enough, whether you are happy or not with the current edition.

I'll be able to give you a better prediction on when that will be once it happens.

griffin

H2ODOG
04/12/16 02:35 AM

Quote:

Mac said:
Well dog,

After some degree of search, I can't find a single Cambio nor Bank that can tell me the difference between old money and new. I am told that it is worth precisely the same, regardless of age, as long as it is legible.

Mebbe we ought to have a bet such that you get the opportunity to "put up or shut up."

Make me a proposition on how many games the Royals will win this year, and I will consider it. My preference is DeWar's White Label - a 1-liter bottle will work.

Otherwise yer just talkin' trash and makin' noise ....

Put up or shut up......I could care less how many games the Royals win. I wouldn't drink the bourbon if I won it, and I sure as hell wouldn't want to buy you a glass of Mexican water, unless it would give you the shits for a month.

Mel
(member)
04/12/16 09:22 PM

I was thinking more like 88 wins.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
04/12/16 10:48 PM

Back to you , Mac..

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
04/13/16 05:35 PM

Been to Mexico, didn't drink the water, just ice in my scotch. Didn't matter, in three days I lost 10 lbs. fast...

Dog, that's OK, just keep watching the Royals win game after game...you hate them, but won't bet against the Royals. Just another Wussy...

BTW, DeWar's is scotch, not bourbon, ya big baboon!

H2ODOG
04/13/16 06:12 PM

Quote:

Mac said:
Been to Mexico, didn't drink the water, just ice in my scotch. Didn't matter, in three days I lost 10 lbs. fast...

Dog, that's OK, just keep watching the Royals win game after game...you hate them, but won't bet against the Royals. Just another Wussy...

BTW, DeWar's is scotch, not bourbon, ya big baboon!

Look here homer. I realize DeWars is scotch. I wouldn't make a bet to win a bottle of piss water I won't drink........hence the reason I said I wouldn't drink a bottle of bourbon from your ass. The bet would obviously be bourbon for me and pissy cheap Wal-Mart scotch for you. Sorry I didn't spell it 1000% out for your old drunk ass. You get Confused easily.

I don't make bets with people I don't like. Than would require me to give or get something from that person. I would rather quit drinking all together than get some free bourbon from you.

I never realized trash talking was only allowed to be done by Westsiders. Crow on rooster. Crow on

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
04/13/16 10:16 PM

Mac , the floor is yours. Please proceed...

dabsAdministrator
()
04/13/16 11:52 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Mac , the floor is yours. Please proceed...

Lemter

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
04/14/16 03:11 PM

OK dog,

You got this betting thing all turned around. I bet to win, and I bet to keep things interesting. You, on the other are so full of poo. Not sure how you have come to dislike me, and I could care less. Never done or said anything to warrant your attitude. Guess haters have find something/someone to hate.

I'll bet you straight up the Royals win more ball games this year than the Cards. I am talking ALL ballgames this year. The bet is for $100, and I'll give my address so you can mail me that check come October. On second thought, make that a money order. Oh yeah, and you make darn sure that is from "old money!"

The bet is good, but the offer is limited. Today is Thursday, April 14, and the offer is until this Saturday, noon central time.

Here is your chance to put your money where yer mouth is.....I doubt you gots the balls, dog.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
04/15/16 01:07 AM

Can you smell what the Mac is cooking???

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
04/15/16 02:24 AM

Bubba,

I just want to give the "resident blowhard" an opportunity to stand up for his team. I muchly desire taking a chunk outta dog's arse. Who wouldn't a piece of mine? LOL!

H2ODOG
04/15/16 05:07 PM

Mac........you couldn't take a chunk out my ass with that whole midget clan of yours. Like I said earlier.....I don't bet with people I don't like. I don't need your money. I don't want your money. I like how you are giving me a deadline. So scary if I don't buck up and take your bet. I'm not listing to your demands Frodo Baggins, or taking your bet. That doesn't make me any less of a man or any more of a man. I'm simply telling you to FUK OFF. If not taking bets makes someone less of a man......you must of passed up plenty in your life.

Good to see you trying to get in a dig on the check deal. It must not be too big of a deal in my life for, me my clients, or company considering I write checks up to 2 million bucks. Typical chicken chit type stuff by a McKenzie. I don't expect anything less from a drunk.

To be the resident blowhard Mac, you actually have to not know what you are talking about or live life vicariously through other people.....or just be under 5'3" and talk a big game so folks don't want to mess with you, because you might be the unstable bug eyed hobbit that might loose it.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
04/15/16 05:30 PM

~throws water on Mac in the corner~

Mac, when that bell rings, you get your arse back in there!

dabsAdministrator
()
04/15/16 08:32 PM

You window lickers keep feeding the mignons, lemmings and haters.

I am just preparing for my free White Castle from Andy! Will you spring for extra onions?

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
04/15/16 11:04 PM

How bout them Braves!!

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
04/15/16 11:37 PM

Well dog, I guess what yer tryin' to say the bet is off.....

Just steer clear and we'll be fine. Otherwise yer ankles could be in peril.

dabsAdministrator
()
04/15/16 11:41 PM

So...is it really over? Or will you still honor your Saturday deadline just in case he changes his mind

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
04/16/16 03:40 PM

dabs,

dog has about thirty minutes to go. Actually, I was gonna ask you to hold the $100 bets until the season was over...

dog, one thing I do enjoy is your reference to one's height. Do you really think YOU had anything to do with how tall or short you turned out? Just like your IQ. You didn't have a hand in that either...obviously.

You want to pontificate about what it is to be a man? Oh, brother. Both of my marine brothers (28 yrs.) served our country with honor. This they accomplished themselves. BTW, never mess with a 5'3" marine...you just don't.

This would have been fun to egg you on all season, dog. You don't think you like me now, just think what we could have had together.

H2ODOG
04/17/16 07:20 PM

Did I miss a deadline that important to someone? Maybe y'all just come from bad stock Mac. Short, bad eyes, not good with alcohol, light complexion. Thanks for letting me know you didn't want to be that way. I always wondered. I know I'm not a Rocket scientist, but that's never stopped me from being successful. I guess if you want to keep comparing dicks, I'll be more than happy to compare my 6+ figure salary to yours......or the same pay checks when you were my age Mac. I'm sure you will explain how money won't make people happy, or the amount of money a person does or does not make won't correlate to how smart a man is. However you need to rationalize things in your skull is fine with me. If
I was a dumb as you think I am, I should be flipping burgers.

I didn't realize we were pontificating about being a man. I've got a brother who spent his 8 years in the Marines. He's been to Iraq, and Afghanistan twice. The other fork... brother enlisted during the first Gulf War. My dad volunteered for Nam. His Purple Heart and 2 Bronze Stars with combat V's I signed my name for a service academy. No one earned those 3 congressional nominations I received Mac.......and they just don't hand them out to dumb asshats. I'll make sure to ask my dad and brothers if anyone accomplished all that for them or if they did it all on their own like your family. I've always wondered. As for not messing with a 5'3" Marine.........well it's never stopped me in the past. 5'3....6'3"......Been there done that. Got the T-shirt. I'm not as short tempered or groggy as I once was, but I'll go when I need to........unless it's a 5'3" Marine on Bath Salts or PCP. I'll draw the line on that one.

Mac.....we will neve have anything together. You bandwagon fans all kill me. Have a couple seasons and suddenly y'all want to place bets. I can at respect the ones like Modin and Vigker than bet int be lean years. Where was your money and mouth during those 100 loss years. Or the 90+ loss years. Crow on new money. Crow on.

H2ODOG
04/17/16 07:27 PM

I apologize for missing your deadline also Mac. I was a bit preoccupied with other things. 3 shots on 3 birds under 20 yards in 30 seconds on the same setup is something I haven't done in a few years. I can't believe I forgot to respond by the deadline you TOLD me I HAD. Better throw in a picture so you know it actually happened. I wouldn't want you saying it didn't happen.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
04/17/16 11:55 PM

You can not make this chit up..

Did I say I love this place..

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
04/18/16 04:36 PM

I see four turkeys in these photoshopped pics...

H2ODOG
04/18/16 11:13 PM

Quote:

Mac said:
I see four turkeys in these photoshopped pics...

I got down real low to the ground hoping you would

Mel
(member)
04/27/16 11:41 PM

All I can say is, "Go as far as you can, ROYALS!!!" The season is young yet.

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
04/28/16 06:03 PM

Been a rough time at the Angels this week. 12-8 ain't shabby, but the Chisox have been on fire!

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
06/15/16 02:26 AM

Alrighty. Royals lost 8 in a row, now win 4 straight to pull to 1 game out. Ups and downs are part of the game.

I see where we gots a 4-game series with the Cards coming up soon, 2 at each park. We gots any folks froggy for a wager? We know for a fact, dog has no nads to step up....

H2ODOG
06/16/16 12:24 PM

Almost 2 months between posts. I expected no less for the bandwagon folks.

How bout we bet $200 a game Mac? You froggy enough? You have until noon today CDT, June 16th to let me know. If not, your a big beardedclam and blow hard like I always knew.

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
06/16/16 11:04 PM

Hehehe...smelling some blood in the water, are you?

Ya slimy deekhed, you blew yer chance for a bet. What happened to your pious attitude that forced you not to bet with somebody not yer friend? The hatred and all that stuff? I am confused...no wait, you're confused.

I'll consider some sort of bet with you.....when hells freezes, buddy boy.

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
06/16/16 11:07 PM

BTW, buckwheat...I've watched 95% of all the Royals games as I have the time and inclination. I suspect you have neither, for the Cards....

H2ODOG
06/16/16 11:35 PM

Quote:

Mac said:

Hehehe...smelling some blood in the water, are you?

Ya slimy deekhed, you blew yer chance for a bet. What happened to your pious attitude that forced you not to bet with somebody not yer friend? The hatred and all that stuff? I am confused...no wait, you're confused.

I'll consider some sort of bet with you.....when hells freezes, buddy boy.

I believe it was put up or shut up. You wanted to bet a cheap ass Wal-Mart bottle of scotch on your team. You go big or go home, and with your family it's always go home. I just figured new money was so proud and so Sure of their team at all times. I guess not. I guess if my team lost 8 in a row I'd be gun shy also.

I placed the bet for a reason. One, I knew your beardedclam Ass wouldn't do it. Two of you did, I figured your money would pay for a few days worth of shells on Mexixo this winter. It's all business.

Maybe someone else will be you a Colt 45 per game. Seems to be in your price range.

H2ODOG
06/16/16 11:48 PM

Quote:

Mac said:
BTW, buckwheat...I've watched 95% of all the Royals games as I have the time and inclination. I suspect you have neither, for the Cards....

Is that supposed to impress me?? Bandwagon fans always get worked up over seeing games for the first time. I make sure to flip off the K as I drive past it about daily.

I don't get to watch them as much as I like. I do have this thing called a radio in my truck though. Even when I am home, the pool doesn't have a TV at it yet....neither does the fire pit. There's more to life than a TV. The radio is just fine

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
06/17/16 12:00 AM

I realize I have more free/discretionary time than most. I listen to the radio when I can't be around the tube. Not trying to impress, just lucky, and grateful.

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
06/17/16 01:12 AM

Folks, I don't recall such a successful batch of AAA players stepping up like the Royals are witnessing! Merrifield, Eibner, Cuthbert, Colon, & Fuentes are all contributing big time. It is a testament of the Royals organization and Dayton Moore's strategy. Recruit super athletes and teach them baseball on the farm. It is flat working!

You gotta be pleased with how we are overcoming injuries. Starters have stopped stumbling early so things look good.

Go Royals!!!

wuchangAdministrator
(spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World)
06/17/16 10:19 AM

Johnny Ringo: My fight's not with you, Holliday.

Doc Holliday: I beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. "Play for Blood," remember?

Johnny Ringo: Oh that. I was just foolin' about.

Doc Holliday: I wasn't.

H2ODOG
06/17/16 01:18 PM

I'm your Huckleberry

H2ODOG
06/17/16 01:21 PM

Quote:

Mac said:
Folks, I don't recall such a successful batch of AAA players stepping up like the Royals are witnessing! Merrifield, Eibner, Cuthbert, Colon, & Fuentes are all contributing big time. It is a testament of the Royals organization and Dayton Moore's strategy. Recruit super athletes and teach them baseball on the farm. It is flat working!

You gotta be pleased with how we are overcoming injuries. Starters have stopped stumbling early so things look good.

Go Royals!!!

Welcome to the Cardinal way. New money always looks to old money.

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
06/19/16 04:58 PM

Oh yeah, the other things Dayton Moore saw early on was to take advantage of the huge ball field at the K. Then go recruit super athletes, teach them to play ball for 5 years in the farm system.

We then have players that become stars as they leverage their talents and skills in a ballpark that favors speed and range.

Takes a long time to develop, but we're seeing some outstanding young players bolstering the Royals roster.

Hats off to Dayton Moore and Ned Yost!!!

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
07/02/16 11:08 PM

You jabronnies afraid to say anything bout taking the cardinals to the woodshed earlier this week?? Shocking!

dabsAdministrator
()
07/03/16 12:24 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
You jabronnies afraid to say anything bout taking the cardinals to the woodshed earlier this week?? Shocking!

They are not leading their division so there is no reason to follow them this year. I am a Cubs fan this year

Maybe again in 20 years or so!

wuchangAdministrator
07/03/16 02:21 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:

6-27
KC 6 Stl 2 with 1 Error
6-28
KC 4 Stl 8 with 1 Error
6-29
KC 3 Stl 2 with 3 Errors
6-30
KC 4 Stl 2 with 3 Errors

Not exactly 'woodshed'--

more like least inept

Cards lead the majors with 64 E's and it cost them both games at Busch

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
07/03/16 04:21 PM

Royals pitching rotation is struggling with few exceptions. Duffy has been been hot for 30 days now. Morales has woke up from his 2-month nap, and has been a hitting machine, with 5 dingers in a week.

Cards were real sloppy defensively...not sure why??

All that said Missouri has 2 of the better teams in baseball.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
07/03/16 10:34 PM

Ultimate Homer...

Mel
(member)
07/08/16 03:56 PM

The whole team is struggling. Hanging into the race by a thread. Injuries just keep mounting up. Chris Young is pathetic on the pitching side. Even so, there are signs that the team is slowly inching back to like. Got to get Gordon and some others hitting. Defense is still pretty solid. Can't help but wonder why out hitting coach can't straighten some of the guys out. They are swinging at way too many pitches out of strike zone and sliders down and in. If they don't right the ship soon it will be the wild card or nothing.

BUT STILL ON THE BANDWAGON!!! GO ROYALS!!!

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
07/08/16 11:11 PM

Attaboy , Mel!!

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
07/15/16 07:14 PM

Since none of you new money band wagon jumper oners will not say anything.....let me be the first and only one to say congratulations to the KC allstars who single handedly won the All Star game !

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
07/15/16 08:58 PM

Paging Dog.. the countdown has begun..
And Bubba it was very kind of you to not mention someone striking out with the bases loaded in the eight..

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
07/31/16 07:07 PM

And the beatings continue...

Royals give up more home runs than anybody; our specialty is our starters doing so in the first inning. Invariably the royals starts will serve up a fast ball down the middle, or they'll float a curve that hangs which is why we're seeing so many dingers.

Hitting is spotty so lots of LOB lately. The defense is still there but today the Rangers are beating us with bunts and homers...

Hope Royals can get some help pitching, or our season looks bleak...

wuchangAdministrator
07/31/16 09:26 PM

Quote:

Mac said:

Seriously...with what? Your closer is on the 15 day with elbow issues and I don't see any team wanting to help y'all get rid of Ian Kennedy

Add that Cleveland just got the other Yankee reliever and you guys ain't gonna catch them

If they had got Lucroy then they would be throwing dirt on your coffin

Y'all are late to the table and from what I hear, your owners are tapped out and pitching can get real expensive this time of year

After y'all went all in last year and sent half your farm system's arms to the Reds etal for the rentals-- all you have left is the shallow end of the pool

H2ODOG
07/31/16 10:40 PM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Quote:

Mac said:

Seriously...with what? Your closer is on the 15 day with elbow issues and I don't see any team wanting to help y'all get rid of Ian Kennedy

Add that Cleveland just got the other Yankee reliever and you guys ain't gonna catch them

If they had got Lucroy then they would be throwing dirt on your coffin

Y'all are late to the table and from what I hear, your owners are tapped out and pitching can get real expensive this time of year

After y'all went all in last year and sent half your farm system's arms to the Reds etal for the rentals-- all you have left is the shallow end of the pool

But.....but.....but.....They won the WS. Some organizations are happy with a one year wonder. The Flubs are busy trying to do the same this year.

The Royals are done. Anyone who thinks other wise spends too much time on a glass Dick.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
08/09/16 10:56 PM

Hello..... Anybody home?

H2ODOG
08/09/16 11:09 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Hello..... Anybody home?

The wagon flipped
Over when everyone jumped off. Looks to be a total loss. They couldn't go a few hours between posts last year. This year.......they have slowly faded away. It's what New Money does

dabsAdministrator
()
08/10/16 12:27 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

Bubba said:
Hello..... Anybody home?

The wagon flipped
Over when everyone jumped off. Looks to be a total loss. They couldn't go a few hours between posts last year. This year.......they have slowly faded away. It's what New Money does

Yeah....what he said

dabsAdministrator
()
08/10/16 12:38 AM

We have been too busy writing our thank you letters to the USA Today writer

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/07/ranking-all-30-mlb-teams-by-likability

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
08/10/16 01:00 AM

Well I'll be damned. That's what I have been saying forever..arrogant , condescending , and whiney. Looks like I'm not the only one to notice.

H2ODOG
08/10/16 01:39 AM

Quote:

dabs said:

I didn't click on the article once I saw the liberal shitbag "newspaper" who wrote it. You might as well asked the DNC who they like to see play baseball. Probably another Deadspin author who moonlights at the Usatrash paper. See yall in 30 years

dabsAdministrator
()
08/10/16 01:55 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

dabs said:

I didn't click on the article once I saw the liberal shitbag "newspaper" who wrote it. You might as well asked the DNC who they like to see play baseball. Probably another Deadspin author who moonlights at the Usatrash paper. See yall in 30 years

I don't think it will take you all 30 years to win another World Series.....keep your chin up Bunky!

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
08/10/16 02:13 AM

Post deleted...

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
08/10/16 02:57 AM

My GF and I will be at the Royals game Wednesday night. Will likely take in the traveling MLB Hall of Fame . Staying across from stadium, takimg the shuttle. Easy peasy...

Seats up close so should be fun!
GO ROYALS!!!

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
08/11/16 11:06 PM

What a game!!! A 14-inng dandy with the Royals winning!

'Twas a warm one early but the temp cooled off eventually.

I didn't drive 400+ miles to sit in the cheap seats. I popped for the best seats in the park and we had a great time. 9 rows back, just off home plate toward the Royals dugout. We were so close we could see the players just as one would on TV. That was really special!

It's eerie to see the stadium tonight on the tube after having been there 24 hours ago. Ian Kennedy pitched his best game all year! Go Royals!!!

wuchangAdministrator
08/12/16 02:56 PM

Sounds like a good road trip

It means Mel didn't have to watch the Olympics to keep from throwing a brick thru the tube

H2ODOG
08/13/16 08:57 PM

Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

dabs said:

I don't think it will take you all 30 years to win another World Series.....keep your chin up Bunky!

Thanks for the pep talk. Maybe you can give one to all your fans to fill up the bandwagon. It should only take new money about 300 years give or take an extra decade to catch old money.......and that's only if the team goes under today.......so keep your chin up too Princess. One day your great great great grandkids can celebrate championships using more than one hand to help them count.

dabsAdministrator
()
08/14/16 11:46 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

dabs said:

Thanks for the pep talk. Maybe you can give one to all your fans to fill up the bandwagon. It should only take new money about 300 years give or take an extra decade to catch old money.......and that's only if the team goes under today.......so keep your chin up too Princess. One day your great great great grandkids can celebrate championships using more than one hand to help them count.

I applaud your allegiance to your team....I really do - but also will point out you should consider cleaning your foggy glasses. Here is why;

You are correct about a growing fan base in "HomeofToto" City in the last three years....hence "new money". I don't think the same following was seen in 84-85 but after a number of bad seasons following that the following sure tapered off. Time will tell what happens in the next couple years but to be honest it really doesn't make two forks to me what happens....I grew up watching games with mr grandmother who was a true fan which drew me into being a fan....starting in like 74 or 75.

With that being said, the difference in the Royals and the Cardinals is this. The Cardinals organization is 100 whatever years old.....the Royals were established in the late 60's.

Since the Royals were established they have won 2 World Series- 85 and 2015. Yes, 30 years between the two. They also came close another time but finishing second is really just being the first loser.

In the same time period, the Cardinals have won 3 World Series.....a whopping one more. There was also a 24 or 25 year gap between two of them if I am not mistaken.

So.....apples to apples the Cards have one more WS series championship than the Royals do....what a forkin Dynasty, huh?

And then we have the infamous 85 WS.....how many times have we heard about Dekinger and "the call" that cost the Cards from having 4 WS and the Royals only 1 in the same time period since the Royals were established.....well, the call sure was botched...but IF the Cards would not have made 3 errors in the same inning that call happened which also led to them losing that game.....and then not lost game 7 the next day 11-0 things would be different. But it happened the way it happened.

In the end, I will still be supporting the Royals whether they are playing at the top of the standings or the bottom of the standings.....just the same as you will be supporting the Cards just the same I am sure.

I think you can agree on this....the face of baseball has and will continue to change in comparison to "old school" baseball. The game is still played between the foul lines but big business mentality and player salaries and agents is quickly turning a checker game into a chess match.

Happy Sunday!

H2ODOG
08/14/16 02:29 PM

The Cards have been around since 1900. That's 116 years of baseball. In that time they have won 11 championships. That's one about every 11 seasons. They have also been there 19 times. That's a trip on ever age every 6 years.

Sure the Royals have won 1.5 titles since 1985 while old money has won 3.......the difference between them is the Cardinals have been to 7. They have also been to the playoffs 16 times in 35 years, going back to 1982, and 12 of the last 16 seasons have been playoff runs........while the royals have had 3 playoff teams in 32 years. Since we are comparing apples to apples

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
08/14/16 06:24 PM

Royals are today closing in on their 3rd series win in a row. 7-1 in the 4th...

Like you dabs,I watch all the time, regardless of outcome. I played baseball, catching full time for 4 years in high school. Pony League prior to that. So I loved and played the game for years, also men's softball as I got older.

I think KC is a great team regardless if
they win the pennant or not!

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
08/14/16 08:33 PM

Royals 11-4 win. 10 wins in the last 12 games. It ain't over!!!
By

wuchangAdministrator
08/14/16 09:39 PM

Quote:

Mac said:
Royals 11-4 win. 10 wins in the last 12 games. It ain't over!!!
By

Congrats

Not over but y'all got 45 games left and you are in 3rd place and 11 back in your division

But the reality is you are behind the Orioles,Red Sox,Yankees,Tigers,Mariners and Astros for a WC slot

Not trying to rain on your parade but The American League East is probably where the WC teams will come from--- not the Central

National league--Cards are 13 back but are in position for a WC slot--as goofy as the WC concept is

Mel
(member)
08/14/16 09:51 PM

Dog can pontificate all he wants about the mighty, all-everything Cards and run down other teams by doing his best Trump impersonation but the fact remains that fans are fans. We'll never jump off the bandwagon so give it up.

H2ODOG
08/15/16 02:29 AM

Mel.......I'm not putting down all teams. Just certain teams. The truth hurts, buts it's still the truth.

2013 Royals baseball thread 33+ pages
2014 Royals baseball thread 38+ pages
2015 Roayls baseball thread 30 some pages
2016 Royals baseball thread...........well 5 whole pages.

Appears the Bandwagon was strong with this bunch.

Mel
(member)
08/15/16 07:12 PM

We just don't like to brag.

H2ODOG
08/16/16 09:39 PM

Quote:

Mel said:
We just don't like to brag.

Obviously.......hence the change in the title this year to Defending WS Champion KC Royals. Gotcha. the humility and non bragging oozes.

I guess with 30+ pages each year for the last 3-4 y'all just wore yourselves out or the keyboards broke when the bus filled over. Who knows. Maybe y'all are just too busy buying shiny new Royals WS Championsjop gear......you know, to hide the modesty

dabsAdministrator
()
08/17/16 01:51 AM

Truth of the matter is if it was 30 pages again this year, it would be 15 pages of discussion and 15 pages of you giving your insight on new money, every 30 years, worst fans, this, that the other and ad naseum statistics that are slanted how you want them.

But hey...it is a free internet so tell us 50-11 more times and we might make at least 25 if we try hard enough

dabsAdministrator
()
08/17/16 11:47 AM

Oh - and another series win for the boys last night with the 14 straight win when the Duffster has started.

Four series wins in a row with a chance to gain another game on the Tigers tonight and a sweep to boot. Just have to try and put faith in Ventura and the pen along with the bats coming alive - all to get to .500 - which isn't where anyone hoped to be in August....but you play the hand that is dealt, and the .500 mark is the goal for now and then look forward to what could happen after that.

Vargas and Medlin are both rehabbing now in the minor system and closer to having a couple more starting options....Davis will reportedly be back next week most likely to make the 9th stronger.

One more on the road tonight and then back home for the Twins - which will hopefully help the record.

H2ODOG
08/18/16 12:34 AM

Quote:

dabs said:
Truth of the matter is if it was 30 pages again this year, it would be 15 pages of discussion and 15 pages of you giving your insight on new money, every 30 years, worst fans, this, that the other and ad naseum statistics that are slanted how you want them.

But hey...it is a free internet so tell us 50-11 more times and we might make at least 25 if we try hard enough

Slanted how I want them ...........stats don't lie. Just like the number of pages here. Every team has injuries every season. It's how you respond to those with depth. Your depth got shipped off to other ball clubs last year. The rest of the depth, well apparently that part of the pool was a kiddie pool. There's always next year, or in the Royals case 2046

dabsAdministrator
()
08/18/16 01:02 AM

A sweep of the Tigers.....9 wins in the last 11. Looks like there might be a deep end in the kiddie pool

And....as you say...stats don't lie - with that being said - the stats I just looked at said the Royals are the best team in Missouri......four games head to head with the other MO team this year and the Royals won three out of the four.....pretty impressive stat right there

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
08/18/16 01:18 AM

Oh SNAP..

wuchangAdministrator
08/18/16 02:25 AM

Quote:

dabs said:
A sweep of the Tigers.....9 wins in the last 11. Looks like there might be a deep end in the kiddie pool

And....as you say...stats don't lie - with that being said - the stats I just looked at said the Royals are the best team in Missouri......four games head to head with the other MO team this year and the Royals won three out of the four.....pretty impressive stat right there

Yep--that is a stat alright and if the season ended today

"The best team in Missouri" would be cleaning out their lockers and setting up tee times while the 'second best team in Missouri" would be in the play offs

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/wildcard.jsp?ymd=20160817

Each team has 30 games to go and the above may change but the odds favor the "2nd best team in Missouri" making the playoffs

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/odds/index.php?dispgroup=league&submit=Go

Of course the 'best team in Missouri' just now got to .500 and earned the following:

Latest Vegas Odds to win 2016 WS
http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/odds/futures/

now the real question......y'all seeing any tealie birds ?

dabsAdministrator
()
08/18/16 02:39 AM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Quote:

dabs said:

Yep--that is a stat alright and if the season ended today

"The best team in Missouri" would be cleaning out their lockers and setting up tee times while the 'second best team in Missouri" would be in the play offs

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/wildcard.jsp?ymd=20160817

Each team has 30 games to go and the above may change but the odds favor the "2nd best team in Missouri" making the playoffs

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/odds/index.php?dispgroup=league&submit=Go

Of course the 'best team in Missouri' just now got to .500 and earned the following:

Latest Vegas Odds to win 2016 WS
http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/odds/futures/

now the real question......y'all seeing any tealie birds ?

Don't confuse who the best team in Missouri is with which team is right now positioned better to be in the playoffs this year...the stats you show above is playing teams outside of Missouri...surely you can't use statistics to make them play to your favor

Now....since you asked....went to see my Mom this evening. Crossed the River at Lexington and low and behold there were four of them little boogers sitting on a pothole next to the big muddy. First ones I have seen this year. Cold front coming through Saturday I guess they are ahead of it a couple days.

wuchangAdministrator
08/18/16 09:48 AM

Sounds like the old baby bears who used to say that they didn't care where they ended up in the standings as long as they beat the Cards

Thanks for the 'booger' report-- we plan on turning on the pump last weekend of August--takes a week and our luck the 'boogers' will find it and eat all the vittles before we get a shot off

H2ODOG
08/18/16 01:08 PM

You lost me after best team in Missouri.

Mel
(member)
08/18/16 07:02 PM

Dog, you've been lost for a long, long time.

H2ODOG
08/18/16 07:15 PM

I'd rather be lost than delusional, fence straddling bandwagon jumping fan. Don't worry come October you Westsiders can put away the blue for another year and break out you birds on the bat gear. Our bandwagon fans will welcome you with open arms.

Just helping get this thread to 10 pages for you guys packing the enthusiasm. Hell Vogler has posted once all year on the thread.........I guess if a potential free bottle of booze isn't involved, he doesn't have much faith in his team. :howdy

Paging Tim

wuchangAdministrator
08/20/16 01:21 PM

Royals win their 7 hour game with Hosmer hitting one to the wall and a walk off hit

Royals 9-1 in their last 10

Like Mell and I were talking about

better a late playoff run than no run at all

Still-- that is a really steep hill to climb

(helping with the goal of getting to 10 pages )

dabsAdministrator
()
08/20/16 08:28 PM

Hell - we can't even make it turn 7. Lol

last_stand
(the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar)
08/20/16 09:50 PM

Somehow the division looks easier than the wild cared for the boys in blue....

dabsAdministrator
()
08/21/16 02:04 AM

Both look to be a crapshoot at this point.....but worthy of a run. Nobody would like to see them in the playoffs again than me and Dog.....but when you waste part of June and all of July for the most part it is hard to climb back in it.

Will see what they have in store. Big wins are fun but I hate to see them waste a ton of runs on a win tonight. It seems to come back to haunt them in the past.

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
08/21/16 08:18 PM

No worries, dabs. Just reached 8 straight wins. Great defense, pitching and just enough offense to git it done today!!!

They's makin' a run at it. Hoping Royals can make interesting. 4 over.500 so that's a start.

Go Royals!!!

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
08/24/16 02:19 PM

9 wins in a row!!!

wuchangAdministrator
08/24/16 03:04 PM

As long as you keep winning against NL WC teams

dabsAdministrator
()
08/25/16 01:54 PM

Well - they lost last night - it is over :sad: Time to start concentrating on 2038

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
08/25/16 10:09 PM

Lemming

dabsAdministrator
()
08/26/16 11:55 AM

Hater

Oh - another series won which I guess helps the other team in MOMO at the same time.

wuchangAdministrator
08/26/16 12:22 PM

Quote:

dabs said:
Hater

Oh - another series won which I guess helps the other team in MOMO at the same time.

Yep--

we do appreciate getting all the help to make the playoffs even if it means the 'best team in MOMO' is playing golf at the end of the season.

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
08/29/16 02:41 AM

Royals take the series from the Bosox! 10-4 win. 3 1/2 back in the wildcard 2nd spot. Just keep winnin' boys!!!

17 wins in 21 games....

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
08/30/16 06:51 PM

Royals put the whoop-arse on the Yankees last night. Very good pitching and plenty of offense. That's 18 wins outta 22.

30 more games to go. Time to step up Boys!!!

Mel
(member)
09/04/16 04:15 PM

Yost lost us a game the other night when he brought Davis in on his first day back from rehab. We had that game won if he had stuck with Herrera as the closer and let Davis get his feet back on the ground in a less stressful situation.

We won last night but it highlighted a basic flaw the team as a whole has exhibited the last few weeks. Detroit starter had 15 of 17 first pitch strikes to hitters. We let 14 of them go by with no swings. Hitters are always behind in count. Been that way for a long stretch. My question is what role does hitting coach actually play on Royals when he can't seem to straighten out any of the hitters who are clearly in trouble? We need Kevin Seitzer back!!!

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
09/14/16 01:01 AM

Well, Yost put Soria in tonight and he quickly assisted the A's in 4-run inning. Soria is flat killin'us this season.

The end of the season looms large with <20 games left, and we got nothing in the tank but Duffy.

last_stand
(the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar)
09/14/16 03:33 PM

Not looking too good for you guys. Too many to jump to get anywhere.

Cards are hanging by a thread. Trending at .500 and that won't cut it.

Another big game at noon today and then a monster series with SF on the west coast.

The whole thing might be decided in a week or maybe .500 ball will let them continue to dangle.

Matheney finally sits Moss a game and he comes back with a game winning homer. He pulls Garcia after 1 and 2/3rds inning and we actually get the win for it.

I wanna see more proactive baseball and a pot full less of waiting for something good to happen.

wuchangAdministrator
09/14/16 04:44 PM

Quote:

Mac said:
Well, Yost put Soria in tonight and he quickly assisted the A's in 4-run inning. Soria is flat killin'us this season.

The end of the season looms large with <20 games left, and we got nothing in the tank but Duffy.

Do not ask Mel about Soria---trust me

It will not be pretty

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
09/14/16 06:37 PM

Ned Yost is an arrow flinging goat chaser. He owns a big ranch down in Georgia. He must have gotten some trail cam pics of some really big bucks on his property and can't wait to get into the woods after them. That is the only logical answer I can come up with why he would keep running SoreAssia out there. Dude has entered a game with it tied or the Royals ahead TWELVE times this season where when the inning was over the Royals were losing and subsequently lost the game. Ned's run of pulling all the right switches ended this season..

Mel
(member)
09/14/16 09:32 PM

I think I finally see why Yost lost his last managerial job in the middle of a pennant race. He is loyal to players to a fault. He had to know that bringing Soria in last night he was throwing gasoline on a fire. It's crazy to keep doing the same thing over and over hoping for different results. In the after-game interviews Yost got pretty heated over the line of questions regarding Soria's use in high-leverage situations. Said he has confidence in all his players. Then Soria intimated that Dyson was not in the correct position in center is why he couldn't get to the go ahead hit. That throws aspersion onto Rusty Kuntz our outfield coach who is damned good at what he does. Dyson seemed to make a possibly incorrect route to the ball but he was damned well in the correct position. Soria is feeling the heat and this was nothing more than a BS CYA statement. You'll never hear Hoz, Gordo, Perez, or any other player throw blame on one of their team. Soria has become a cancer. It's probably the worst signing Dayton Moore has done as GM.

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
09/14/16 10:02 PM

Glad you guys can call it like is. We lack the Aces we need to dominate.

Royals shortchanged the rest of the team with shitty starting pitching. No clue what they were thinking...but it warn't effective!!!!!!

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
09/14/16 11:54 PM

Never trust a dude named NED !

dabsAdministrator
()
09/15/16 01:27 AM

The seem pretty Brave lately - don't they?

Mel
(member)
09/16/16 07:20 PM

I think last night was the final nail in the coffin. Yost pulled most of his starters in the late innings and played a lot of young callus. To me this is getting a start on what they may have for 2017. It was a slim wild card shot at best and the last eight games sealed their fate. Injuries sure didn't help during the season but we traded away a lot of the future to win the series in 2015. it's now time to retool. Gordon was just starting to come around when he screwed up that wrist and put Moose out of action in the same collision. And for what it's worth I don't think Alex is seeing the ball real well when you look closely at his swings. Pitching was a problem the whole season and when the bullpen finally collapsed it got real ugly. Cain has not been at 100% for half the season. Perez was out also. Just too many vital cogs missing games. Plus the team had to be tired after the intensity of the last two years seasons. It's just time to say they tried and concentrate on next year.

dabsAdministrator
()
09/16/16 09:12 PM

I bought new Soria, Young and Volquez jerseys yesterday - I am just sure they are all three bouncing back and will be on top of their games next year.

H2ODOG
09/18/16 03:16 PM

Quote:

Mel said: Plus the team had to be tired after the intensity of the last two years seasons. It's just time to say they tried and concentrate on next year.

That's the Cardinals problems also. Last 20 years have been taxing on the organization.......and 5 straight years of playoffs, including 4 straight NLCS trips are hard on players.
Thanks New Money for helping give Old Money an excuse

H2ODOG
09/21/16 03:47 AM

I think I've seen the real problem. Yall don't play worth a chit out of the weak ass central division yall play in.

Mel
(member)
10/02/16 04:17 PM

Ah, the life Dog must lead as hater. Come to think of it the name "Dog" fits just right for the personality. Teehee.

I think the team was and is tired. Stress and injuries finally caught up with them. Plus poor performances by several player didn't help.

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
10/02/16 05:29 PM

Today's game is the last game of the Royal's season.

Dog missed out on a bet to win $100 from me this season, although he did take every opportunity this season to WHAIL on my arse! LOL! He didn't too bad.

Too bad it didn't turn out better for the team. Still, a winning season ain't too shabby. We had a number of young players come up from the farm that did pretty well!

We got next year to look forward to...meanwhile the playoff games will be entertaining....I hope.

H2ODOG
10/03/16 03:41 PM

I'm not hating Mel,,,,,,,I'm simply explaining the truth to you. KC couldn't play outside of their division. The AL Central was a very weak division. It traditionally always has been. All we heard years ago was about how the Cards played in a weak division.........but they still managed to win a WS playing in a weak division. Weak division or not, when you can beat teams from other divisions that's the key. The Royals lack depth. They traded away their talent for Johnny Q and a WS title. Every team EVERY year has injuries. The Cafds won the most games in baseball last year with 1/2 their club out. When your minor league system is deep, tje injuries don't pile up as much.

If being in the playoffs 2 straight years wore them out, then the organization needs serious help. The 90's Braves were in the NLCS year after year for nearly a decade. 14 of 15 years in the playoffs. The Giants have managed to make the playoffs and won the WS 3 out of the last 6 years. 12 out of 17 years for the cardinals and their playoff runs. Being tired isn't an excuse. Selling out your minor league club for a WS win leads Ron bad things down the road

Just like the Cardinals.......I can make all the excuses I want about why they didn't make the playoffs, but it comes down to not winning at home. The 4th worst home record of any Cardinals club in history. 3.5 million people paid to see really bad baseball, yet we were still in it until the last day. We can't blame anyone else for not helping us get in. 81 home games and we stunk it up. Injuries hurt is, not everyone has them. It didn't effect is lay year winning 100 games.

just think, you only have another 28 more years to go until
You get to celebrate another title.

H2ODOG
10/03/16 06:12 PM

Quote:

Mac said:
Today's game is the last game of the Royal's season.

Dog missed out on a bet to win $100 from me this season, although he did take every opportunity this season to WHAIL on my arse! LOL! He didn't too bad.

Too bad it didn't turn out better for the team. Still, a winning season ain't too shabby. We had a number of young players come up from the farm that did pretty well!

We got next year to look forward to...meanwhile the playoff games will be entertaining....I hope.

The last time the Royals won more games in a year than the Redbirds, it was 1995. I didn't need your lunch money, nor was I worried about losing the bet. Even when all won the WS, you still didn't have more wins than us.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
10/03/16 08:11 PM

New money and old money both gone fishing with the Braves..

H2ODOG
10/03/16 11:24 PM

Ya.......at this point it doesn't matter if you won 86 games or 68........unless you were working on the overall #1 pick.....then your 68 games still wasn't good enough. The AL Central has a monopoly on those #1 overall picks.

Mel
(member)
10/12/16 07:24 PM

I love it when a plan comes together................

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5