DuckMeRunnin
(member)
03/27/16 03:47 PM
Collared Doves

I shot one eight or ten years ago near Old Monroe. I knew there was a small population of them around there.

I've noticed the same thing around several other towns. Wellesville, Jonesburg, and even Memphis ( Mo. ) have them, and they're pretty damn plentiful in Wright City.

Are they becoming more prevalent in other parts of the state ? Just curious.

cook
(member)
03/28/16 07:43 AM
Re: Collared Doves

Very common down here in SWFL-probably 50/50 mix with mourning doves...but twice the meat..tastes the same.They seem to travel in mating pairs,vs. large flocks of common dove.

redleg
(Enzyte - one a day!)
04/03/16 10:24 PM

Yep we got a ton of em round here...Keller shot one of the first prolly 6-8 years ago...

sptsman
(member)
04/04/16 11:08 AM

I work in the City. Lots of collared greens here but not many doves of any kind...

redleg
(Enzyte - one a day!)
04/06/16 11:55 PM

ADM off of Haul Street,,,,loaded UP

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
04/07/16 06:08 PM

The Eurasian Collared Dove were thick as flies over in the Netherlands when I lived there (95-99). Used to tick me off as I couldn't whack them. First ones I saw here was I think was in 2005-6.

Up here in NE, those doves are in places thicker than Mourning doves. But their niche is slightly different. Seems the collared doves like the same as what pigeons prefer. I could shoot a limit at the edge of Fremont anytime...

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5