swampy
(stirrer of chit)
04/18/11 12:08 AM
Rex is home

While I was at work Saturday morning my dog ran off. I am sure I will never hear the whole story on the reason but it is probably close to the usual story of not paying attention to them and he did not show up at the back door ten minutes later when they remembered. Have been burning up the roads, called the vet, looked at the local pound and walked a bunch looking for him. Girls took his collar off a couple weeks ago and put it on the other dog for a joke so he has no identification. hopefully someone takes him to a vet since he is chipped. The way I feel right now if I don't get him back I will never buy another hunting dog. Am about sick that I cannot find him. Wife and kids are going to make signs tomorrow and get them up and put an add in the local paper.

If you know anyone in the kearney area tell them to keep an eye out for a 65lb black lab male.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
04/18/11 12:18 AM
Re: It has been two days

Damn , Tom , that is really bad news. I pray you get him back. You know how I feel about the loss of a good dog. Wish I could do more to help , but you and your family are in our thoughts.
God Bless , Royce

swampy
(stirrer of chit)
04/18/11 12:38 AM

Thanks Bubba I did talk to a bunch of folks tonight and Tuesday I guess I will just start knocking on doors if we don't hear anything. Have put an add on Craigslist and am praying for a miracle. Hope someone just locked him up for the weekend not thinking the vets office was open and takes him somewhere on Monday. He has only one master but is a friend to all. will get in a vehicle or go into a house and lay down like he has been there all the time.

dabsAdministrator
()
04/18/11 02:17 AM

Sorry to hear that Tom - I am out of town this week or I would work the area. Stop in the fire station as that is close...they have lots of contacts up there and would be a good group to know about.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
04/18/11 05:13 AM

Damn Tom, that sucks.....ask the PD as well.

Somebody has that dog for sure....quit spending your time looking and devote it all to information about him and how to get ahold of you.

Good luck....man, I'm so not prepared for ever losing my hound in any fashion.

griffin

duko™
(member)
04/18/11 01:30 PM

Same here man. I hope like hell you find him. Wish there was something I could do to help.

Good luck!

duko

Burrhead
(member)
04/18/11 02:52 PM

Tom - I really hope you find him and soon.

67Firebird
(Former political advocate)
04/18/11 03:02 PM

I hope you find him Tom.

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
04/18/11 03:47 PM

Tom,

I sure do hope you get lucky and somebody does the right thing and take him to a vet for ID. Like the other fellers on hera, I am really wanting for your dog to turn up.

H2ODOG
(the one who never tires)
04/19/11 12:08 AM

Know exactly what you are going through Tom. I hope he's with some caring family that is finding a way to get him back to you.

swampy
(stirrer of chit)
04/19/11 12:48 AM

Thank you my friends we are being positive and hopeful. The wife is more upset about it than me. Got the signs up today, took out adds in the paper, put up flyers at all the local places that would let her and called no less than 30 vet places and all the dog snatchers.

swampy
(stirrer of chit)
04/19/11 12:49 AM

I appreciate those who have contacted me willing to help it goes to show there are good folks everywhere.

dabsAdministrator
()
04/19/11 01:11 AM

Quote:

swampy said:
I appreciate those who have contacted me willing to help it goes to show there are good folks everywhere.

That is how we roll at the 10/90 deer club

Hopefully Rex will be home soon.

swampy
(stirrer of chit)
04/19/11 07:51 PM

Well the wife went to put a new flyer up at the vet's office in town and there was our dog in the waiting room. A lady had kept him in her house since Saturday and finally felt bad since she knew he was a family dog and took him to the vet's office. Rex went wild when the wife and youngest walked in. Lucky for us the lady and her family had a change of heart that is how close it came to never seeing him again. Thanks to all of you for your well wishes, hopes, words of encouragement and prayers. It was definitely uplifting to get the call at work and then be able to have him waiting at the door when I got home.

cook
(member)
04/19/11 07:54 PM

Great news!!Nice to hear a happy ending once in a while!!

Scout 1
(New order Amish - not be confused with Meninite!)
04/19/11 08:01 PM

I'll bet he's smiling JUST like this now that he's home...

Burrhead
(member)
04/19/11 08:19 PM

Great news, Tom!

swampy
(stirrer of chit)
04/19/11 10:08 PM

Scott you are right he is smiling almost like that

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
04/19/11 10:13 PM

That's very cool.

It's Karma.

griffin

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
04/19/11 11:02 PM

Absolutely fantastic!!! I know you are happy and so am I! God does answer prayers...... Think I'll have a drink in Rex's honor tonight!

H2ODOG
(the one who never tires)
04/19/11 11:34 PM

Awesome deal my brutha.

67Firebird
(Former political advocate)
04/19/11 11:57 PM

fish
(senior member - literally)
04/20/11 12:20 AM

DjF
(little buddie)
04/20/11 12:29 AM

Fantastic news Tom!!!

FwlWeatherFriend
(member)
04/20/11 01:52 AM

Just saw this for the 1st time tonight.

Sorry you had to go through it but thankful all turned out well in the end!

foots
(the exterminator)
04/20/11 03:51 AM

Damn good news. Just saw this and as I started reading it hurt my heart to think you might not get him back. As one of my old DIs used to say...............OUTFORKIN STANDING........somethin somethin.

fastman
(member)
04/20/11 11:41 AM

Awesome!!!!!!!!

I figured ol dude prolly got a wiff of ....unless he;s been fixed

Either way .........glad the young man is back

duko™
(member)
04/20/11 12:26 PM

Glad to hear it tom!

duko

HAUS
(member for now)
04/20/11 03:33 PM

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
04/20/11 04:31 PM

Damned good news, Toemoss!!! I have met Rex and seen him with ya at the last Dovestock. One fine dog he is...

Mel
(member)
04/21/11 02:37 AM

That is outstanding, Tom!!! Nice to hear that some folks still have a conscience.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5