CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Miscellaneous Stuff >> The Brewery Pub

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | >> (show all)
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: What's in the Fridge? [Re: Ozark]
      #140241 - 02/08/08 05:51 PM

Quote:

Ozark said:
Personally, I think all Anheuser beers are real "mediocre" - but that's just me.

I pretty much agree Ozark.....I like my whiskey a lot but some nights it's beer..I'll do some Buds from time to time and be happy but just recently had ab's new Bare Knuckle Stout on draft and gotta say it was good although it could use a little more kick of flavor....it was too mild.
I have a buddy who spent his career at ab...held the BM title too....his opinion is that sales can kill a good beer...once the small brewers get poular their sales go up and they lose the quality they once had....and pretty much same thing from the big brew houses too....way too inconsistent with their production quality.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Forsythian

Loc: Nether Regions

Re: What's in the Fridge? [Re: last_stand]
      #144982 - 03/14/08 12:09 PM

Had an errand to run in the big city of Springfield last night, and an empty beer fridge prompted the following purchases:

Schlafly dry hop APA (meat)
Schlafly coffee stout (potatoes)
Odells IPA
Odells cutthroat porter
Odells 5 barrel APA

Let it rain baby... I'm gonna watch a little b-ball, do a little local fishin', and have me a "session" or two.

--------------------
Sweep the leg.

Paul Dallas

Loc: the corner of Bedlam & Squalor

Re: What's in the Fridge? [Re: Forsythian]
      #145619 - 04/09/08 01:09 PM

Couple new beers I tried recently:

Bell's Two-Hearted Ale: pretty good. The Lukas boyz had it rated an A+, but I'd give it a B+. Lots of hop flavor but not the strong citrus grapefruit kind I like. Almost more like orange peel

Blue Moon Summer Ale: also pretty good, but a little on the sweet side with all the clover honey in it. I

O'Fallon 5 day IPA: had on tap at a local pizza joint. Good locally made brew but not enough hops. This is their version a dry-hopped IPA/APA.

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

Re: What's in the Fridge? [Re: Paul Dallas]
      #145620 - 04/09/08 01:21 PM

any of you hop heads ever taste fresh cut cedar in the real hoppy beers? I think schlafly apa has a cedar taste to it. took me awhile to pinpoint it.

may just be the hick in me

Thanks for the tips PD. I've been eyeing the the 2-hearted ale for awhile. never have pulled the trigger

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: What's in the Fridge? [Re: HAUS]
      #145622 - 04/09/08 01:27 PM

Went to a scottish festival this past weekend......drank a few Harp's draught....now i gots me some Harp's in the fridge. And some Schlafly Dry hop, and some Bully Porter, and some Stockade Oatmeal Stout that my wife brought home from some fu-fu grocery store.....and I drank it too.

Ya'll have destroyed me. I was just running along, enjoying my Bud light.....and now..........so many beers, so little time.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Mr_Turtlehead

Loc: In The Shell

Re: What's in the Fridge? [Re: griffin]
      #145623 - 04/09/08 01:41 PM

I really like that two-hearted ale. What did they have on the tasting tap PD? Rumor has it they're carrying Left Hand Brewery out of Colorado now but I've never tried any of 'em.

I've noticed some IPAs or hoppy APAs with that taste Haus. Always thought of a pine tree though. Must be the Euell Gibbons in me.

Griffin, sounds like you need a kegerator setup!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: What's in the Fridge? [Re: Mr_Turtlehead]
      #145627 - 04/09/08 02:08 PM

Mr. T - funny you should mention that. I remodeled my kitchen a few years back and put a two tiered island with bar seating around the high tier, which overlooks a lower cooking area.....that has a granite top and cabinets under it......cabinets that just happen to be the dimensions that a keg, co2 tank, and refrigerator will fit into....and run the spout right through the counter top.

I took measurments the other night and dropped them off at a refrigeration shop here in town this morning.

I WILL get this done.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Scout 1
New order Amish - not be confused with Meninite!

Loc: Where there are no ducks

#145628 - 04/09/08 02:10 PM

I thought Dog was the one with the molded kitchen...?

I'm just sayin.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: What's in the Fridge? [Re: Scout 1]
      #145629 - 04/09/08 02:11 PM

No, his kitchen wasn't molded....it was moldy.

griffin

--------------------

Scout 1

#145630 - 04/09/08 02:47 PM

OzarkModerator

Loc: out in the woods

#145640 - 04/09/08 03:33 PM

griffin, once you've got the refrigerator and tap system installed, you can turn the pressure down low and just lay on the floor by it with the tap hose in your mouth. That bypasses all the in-between b.s.

You might wanta place a bucket there too, to pee.

Scout 1

#145648 - 04/09/08 04:22 PM

Yeah, make it like a sort of beery opium den.

Get some cute asian chicks to walk around nude and squirt the brew into yer mouth, and some others to fan ya with those bigazz banana leaf fans.

Kind of a "Lord Jim meets Auggie Busch" sort of fantasy.

OzarkModerator

Re: What's in the Fridge? [Re: Scout 1]
      #145661 - 04/09/08 07:38 PM

I'd say, turn the CO2 pressure down to about one p.s.i. and figure a way to attach a baby-bottle nipple to the end of the tap hose.

Wake up, suck a little, take a nap, wake up, suck a little, pee, suck a little ..........

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#145662 - 04/09/08 07:44 PM

Stopped by the fridge man on the way home....may not be able to get it done as I origionally thought.....BUT....it so happens my utility room is right below the kitchen island/bar.......we're only talking about 12 feet of air line to keep the whole deal downstairs and run the tap through the counter top.

I don't remember much from my 6 years driving a beer truck, but I sure as hell remember that taking a keg down stairs was a helluva lot e3asier then taking one upstairs.

The man is coming over on Sunday to take some measurements.

Wait 'till the redhead gets a load of the Schlafly tapper sticking out of her counter.

griffin

--------------------

Mr_Turtlehead

#145663 - 04/09/08 07:54 PM

Hey Griffin, are you sure you can't do it? I was lookin at doin the same thing in my downstairs bar area and they make a fridge to fit under a standard counter like this:

Here's one website that sells them
micromatic

You might run into some problems with runnin beer line that long as it should be refrigerated.

OzarkModerator

#145667 - 04/09/08 08:23 PM

griffin - I looked at the link Mr. Turtlehead posted above, and that's a real nice outfit. It's got me thinking about getting one of those.

Also, you know you only have to change hose fittings on that for it to take 5-gallon Cornelius kegs - and the way you're going, you're gonna become a homebrewer sooner or later.

You heard it here first.

Liberty

#145705 - 04/10/08 06:42 AM

we ran taps to all the rooms of a house in college. It was great, except for the wasted beer in the lines, some of the lines were 30 feet from the kegs. The landlord was pissed when he found out, we lost our deposit, but it was the most sought after rental in town when we all graduated and left that place.

OzarkModerator

Re: What's in the Fridge? [Re: Liberty]
      #145933 - 04/11/08 08:06 AM

I picked up a sixer of the two Sam Adams 2007 Longshot brewing competition winners yesterday, and tried one bottle of each last night.

It's a Wheat Bock and a Grape Pale Ale this time, and they're both real good beers, of course. One of the 2006 winners was an Old Ale that I thought was one of the best brews I've ever had - and neither of these is as good as that one, IMO.

The Wheat Bock recipe was from some guy in Illinois, and the Grape Pale Ale is by a female in Hawaii. When we had the brew shop, I noticed that only about 2% of homebrewers are women - but the few women who get into the hobby tend to be real, real good at it.

Forsythian

#145940 - 04/11/08 08:31 AM

I hit the spirit shop in Hollister a couple of days ago, and came away disappointed.
The only Shlafley they had was a couple of sixers of the oatmeal stout. I picked up two. Not bad, but not as good as the coffee stout imo.
I think Bully Porter is better... picked up a couple of those.
Finally, I got a sixer of Leinenkugals(sp?) creamy dark lager- pretty good!

I need hops though, I need some hops baaad... I guess I'm gonna have to drive to Spfld dammit. A fridge without O'dells IPA and Schlafley dry hop APA is a sad state of affairs.

--------------------
Sweep the leg.

Paul Dallas

Loc: the corner of Bedlam & Squalor

#145957 - 04/11/08 10:36 AM

K, you high and dry down yonder? My brother e-mailed me some pictures from Powersite yesterday that were unbelievable. Thinking of heading down and running it in my canoe.

Forsythian

Re: What's in the Fridge? [Re: Paul Dallas]
      #145960 - 04/11/08 10:52 AM

I'm good, thanks A... some folks from work left early yesterday to clean out their belongings from the Ozark Beach area, but I'm up on a ridge.
Yeah, Powersite was a social event last night. It's quite a sight to see. At least 3 more feet in BS to go, we might get cut off from Taneyville & Kissee Mills.
The word here today is that Scotty's Trout dock is loose and may damage the downtown Branson 76 bridge. It had been towed upstream to make room for the landing.

--------------------
Sweep the leg.

Mr_Turtlehead

#146001 - 04/11/08 04:15 PM

Took a little shopping spree at Lukas this week. Here's a review of the first one:

Double Dog Double Pale Ale
Flying Dog Brewery out of Denver

A really tasty, quality double pale ale. Pours a solid slightly foggy copper-amber color with a huge billowy head. Nose is delicious, tons of sweet caramel and piney hops. The taste hits you hard: tons of sweet caramel malt up front, then segues into a very nice, drying pine hop finish.

Then this b!tch at 10.5% alcohol and 85 IBUs flat out assaults your taste buds and leaves you dazed and confused. A four-pack of these is kinda like spending a smack-induced evening with a sex craved Courtney Love. Was it worth it? It feels good while it’s happening. But then you wake up in the morning only to realize she’s bitten off your shmeckle. And you wonder if the bright red “THANKS” on the bathroom mirror was written with her candy apple red lipstick or your own fresh blood.

Not for the faint of heart.

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

#146005 - 04/11/08 04:51 PM

Flying Dog sure has come crazy assed drawings don't they?? Love the report TH

Back in the mid 90's sometime, I stopped in their brewpub in Aspen. Only place in town where you could take a dog into the establishment. Have no idea what we drank there, just remember it being real good. Do remember a full dress scottish band, kilts, bagpipes, drums, the works was in there. We sat outside and as they were leaving, people were chanting for them to play. They passed a hat around for $$. The band stopped right next to our table and they played for 20 mins. Pretty awesome for my hick ass to hear that in person. The pub was cool. I think that was before they moved to Denver and got big. I love their beers, just scared of the artwork...

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

Forsythian

Re: What's in the Fridge? [Re: HAUS]
      #146145 - 04/13/08 05:32 PM

WTF is with brewers adding cloves to beer.

If anybody wants 'em, I got 4 Leffe Belgian Blonde Ales...
"Savor the Mystery of the Ages" "Award winning Leffe Blonde is a full-bodied deep golden ale that is surprisingly subtle and delicate"
BS!
My first taste was a bit interesting, hints of vanilla, subtle hoppy bitterness. By the third swallow I realize I'm tasting HEAVY cloves. By the end of the first glass, the cloves are overpowering.
A second bottle confirms it was no fluke, #@$%~!! effin cloves. There ought to be a law, if ya put em in, label 'em!

--------------------
Sweep the leg.

OzarkModerator

#146178 - 04/13/08 10:54 PM

How should the clove advisory read? "One Life Saver in every bottle?"

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3911 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Ozark 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 176943

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page