CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Miscellaneous Stuff >> WuChang's Digital World

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
MB2

Reged: 12/14/05

Re: Because I said I would... [Re: MB2]
      #193138 - 09/30/09 06:24 PM

What was.....the good thing about moving is you find more photos that you had forgotten about. The same car that I had the Watkins Glen archivist find for me.

Top left, at Watkins Glen 1998.

Top right, my crew.

Bottom right, in the paddock.

Bottom left, A.J. Parker, Doug Innes, Brian Simo (wearing one of my golf shirts, instead of No Fear apparrel).

Pretty crappy pictures. lol

What a professional photographer can do, when he's selling...

The full brochure on cars and memorabilia....

http://www.rmauctions.com/pdf/Brochures/RM_AW09_Brochure.pdf

The whole duck ranch....

http://www.toombsteam.com/home_detail.jsp?page=officeListing&MlsId=N1712422&lstperpage=10

I found every text book I read about maintaining this land. Less is more, and I just keep trying to put less on my list each day....

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#193165 - 10/01/09 09:05 AM

Miss B

Great collection of cars-- wish had a pocket full of $$'s because I see several I'd like to have:
53 Caddy
57 Chevy
56 Bird (black)
40 Ford(convertible or the coupe-- I could roll with either)
and the one I'd need tons of insurance and speeding ticket money
33 Cabriolet

and you could throw in the 66 dodge convertible also

My boss is big car freak and he is going crazy with the brochure-- called his home in KC and is talking to his wife about a "road trip" and how much is in the bank. Knowing her, cooler heads will prevail but he is bouncing off the walls right now

Wish you success on the auction and the sale of the real estate

MB2

Re: Because I said I would... [Re: wuchang]
      #193193 - 10/02/09 04:13 AM

Well, thanks for helping me with the photos all this time.

And, yeah tell the boss I understand. My husband is tighter than Wendy Venturini's blouse buttons on a cold day, but for some reason he now thinks he needs to bid on the Lotus for me.

The housing market here is different. The government laid The Big Green Necklace around The Greater Metropolitan Toronto Area, so developers have stalled all plans just to the south of us. Location, location.

I'm just sticking my toes in the water, hoping for the best, but when the F.D.I.C. starts failing my best guess is that the Real Estate market will rebound, eventually, so it's time to re-invest.

My simplest of business plans have always been this:

People have to have somewhere to live.
People have to eat.
People have to drive.

~~*The rest is gravy*~~

Scout 1
New order Amish - not be confused with Meninite!

Loc: Where there are no ducks

#193408 - 10/06/09 04:00 PM

People live to drive somewhere and eat gravy.

Is that what yer trying to say, there, ya damn dotty old broad?

SHUT THE HAIL UP and bring us some back bacon and peanut butter sammiches and another case of Molson, DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMIT

And more pierogies with beacon.

How do your stoopid Canucks continually fall ass first into piles of big money, is what I want to know. None of ya work for a living. Yet you all seem to be stinkin rich. Or at least stinkin.

MB2

Re: Because I said I would... [Re: Scout 1]
      #193445 - 10/07/09 05:17 AM

Naw. I'll say it again, and again and again, Jacob.

That man there NEVER spoiled my brother and I. We travelled like gypsies, during the spring/summer/fall as kids, but that was all just how it had to be, you were just part of a team, is all....

So, besides learning me how to sleep, almost anywhere, I learned how to read everything, with a car radio on. I think I could recite word for word what those tags sewn onto car seatbelts, but waste knott, want knott, I got me an edumacation, and worked my whole life. I still rarely turn the T.V. on, just learned behaviour, I guess....it wasn't around me when I was a kid, so I don't use it much or miss it. Even when it was on at home, it was on "Hockey Night in Canada", which pretty much didn't hold my interest long, but living in an Alpha Male household, was probably the only time that old guy wasn't working, so it was the only alone time we spent together.

The basic premise of business is to have a required service. In 1994 when we had the Cup car, we first asked a Canadian to drive it. We were small, and he declined, stating that he'd rather keep trying for a full-time Winston Cup ride. At the time, I nearly fell on the floor when his mother told me they had already invested over one million dollars, personally, in his career. Dougy, the man with his back to you in that picture told her she should have bought him a grocery store. And, he was right. That's driver's name is Randy MacDonald. You can Wiki him to see how well he's done, but that was his choice, not ours and I suppose he's living his own dream.

A required service, is just that, and there aren't many that are recession-proof, because you have to know when to cut your losses, and generally they must be cut during the GOOD times, in order to survive the bad.

Housing
Food
Vehicles

Even during the bad times, they are required.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Family, huh?

My niece in Missouri. Don't ask about her having to get quickly married in Arkieville.

And her American daughter, Katie.

~~~~~~~~~

You know how life is kind of reflected in art?

In Days of Thunder there is a part where Cole Trickle is at Rowdy Burn's farm, after Rowdy was injured. And Rowdy says:

"Spent my life farming, and all I could think about was racing. When I racing, all I could think about was settling down on a farm of my own."

That's pretty much true. One day, I might learn how to bake!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I tell you I use a professional photographer when selling? That niece's brother is the head camera man for "Property Virgins" on HGTV.

And these people put together a floor plan for you pretty reasonably to keep the tire-kickers away.

www.floorplanpro.ca

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 151 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2671

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page