CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Political Forum

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Liberty

Reged: 12/14/05

Re: Forest Fires are for Suckers?like you! [Re: Hellbender]
      #112688 - 08/30/07 06:09 PM

no you happen to be wrong it is generally a forester with the state, it has nothing to do with any club, but I know you've got make sure you look like the expert so pick at the smallest thing, and always avoid the 800 pound gorilla staring at you.

what a jackass

rather than simply agree with the absolute wrong of environmentalist lawsuits against taking already felled wood, you make some jackass statement

what a fukking jackass you are

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Liberty

Re: Forest Fires are for Suckers?like you! [Re: Liberty]
      #112691 - 08/30/07 06:38 PM

prescribed fires would be a great way to thin out the forests and they are doing it in many places, the only problem with prescribed fires is that these forests are incredibly unhealthy, they're full of ladder fuels that can, under certain conditions, which seem to be conditions that arise most days out here, these prescribed burns will get up into the canopy, they will climb the ladder fuels and kill off the old growth trees, who's bark is immune to the short fires on the forest floor.

these ladder fuels are how we get to have too damn many trees per acre sucking up all the moisture in the ground, which makes all these trees highly combustible, even the big ones.

One neat thing, I noticed in a vast blackened area where the fire had gone through was that indeed that damn bark on some of them big ass Ponderosas worked like magic, except where the fire found a weakness in it and got inside the tree and burned all the wood up inside it, but the bark's still there, hollowed out for about 12 feet from the base when it fell over and still burning inside the tree trunk.

so if we could get some thinning by mechanical means then maybe we have the forest service come in and set their prescribed burns that remain on the forest floor, like the are supposed to.

this nature taking care of nature idea---it ain't going to happen, to argue it is to disregard human nature, it is to disregard the fact that fighting forest fires is a multi-billion industry.

but according to the latest jackass from illinois I need to find my meds, the day I take advice from someone in Illinois is the day I believe global warming is caused by SUVs

Hellbender

Loc: Taney County

#112705 - 08/30/07 08:35 PM

Quote:

no you happen to be wrong it is generally a forester with the state,

On Forest Service land?

Prescribed burns where there's ladder fuels? I don't think so, after all you only need to know slightly more then you to avoid that.
A Ponderosa burned inside out? You probably don't know a Ponderosa from a Spruce. In fact I doubt you have walked in any woods, especially where there has been a burn. hell you probably don't even know where Kinzua is, unless you're an Elk hunter, which you probably ain't.

--------------------
A government survey has shown that 91% of illegal immigrants come to this country so that they can see their own doctor.

Liberty

#112709 - 08/30/07 08:53 PM

you're right HB I have no clue what I'm talking about at all, I only spend three to four days a week in these forests with all the fires

yes idiot a Ponderosa burned inside out, but if you knew anything about these forests as you claim, you'd know that this really wasn't much of a news item. It happens quite a lot BECAUSE THESE AIN'T YOUR RUN OF THE MILL SAGE BRUSH BURNING JACKASS, THESE ARE FRIGGIN' FIRESTORMS IN FRIGGIN' UNHEALTHY FORESTS, THE BIG TREES GO UP WITH ALL THE SMALL ONES NOTHING IS LEFT BEHIND BUT CHARCOAL AND ASH BUT THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS EXERCISE YOU DON'T FUKKING COMPREHEND A DAMN THING YOU READ

Liberty

#112710 - 08/30/07 08:55 PM

"Prescribed burns where there's ladder fuels? I don't think so, after all you only need to know slightly more then you to avoid that."--HB

apparently the concept of wind and burning embers wasn't taught in your pioneer one room school house

duko™

Loc: east mo

#112711 - 08/30/07 08:59 PM

Liberty, are you short, fat, and suffer from a serious receding hairline? I gotta know....Its all that lacks from the mental image I have of you pounding angrily on your keyboard with a chocolate yohoo and bag of cheesy puffs at your side

duko

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: Forest Fires are for Suckers?like you! [Re: duko™]
      #112721 - 08/30/07 10:26 PM

The roof.....the roof...the roof is on fire....we don't need no water let the motherforker burn.....burn motherforker.....BURN!!!!

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: Forest Fires are for Suckers?like you! [Re: griffin]
      #112725 - 08/30/07 10:33 PM

I personally believe that people, such as U.S. Americans, don't undertstand the burns, such as in S. Africa, and the Iraq, such as, because most of the people in our nation don't have trees, and education, such as, Asia, and the Iraq, and can make the world better.

Thank you.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

duko™

Re: Forest Fires are for Suckers?like you! [Re: griffin]
      #112742 - 08/30/07 11:09 PM

Looks good griffin, but you forgot to say Jackass like 10 times.....

duko

Liberty

#112774 - 08/31/07 01:43 AM

full head of hair, tall, muscular never had a yoohoo and don't like cheesy puffs

Jackass, Jackass, Jackass, Jackass, Jackass, Jackass, Jackass, Jackass, Jackass, & Jackass &

Liberty

#112775 - 08/31/07 01:49 AM

"The roof.....the roof...the roof is on fire....we don't need no water let the motherforker burn.....burn motherforker.....BURN!!!!"--Griffin

shouldn't you be strategizing on how to kill America's dumbest bird

Liberty

#112778 - 08/31/07 01:59 AM

"Liberty, are you short, fat, and suffer from a serious receding hairline? I gotta know....Its all that lacks from the mental image I have of you pounding angrily on your keyboard with a chocolate yohoo and bag of cheesy puffs at your side"--duko

I have this mental image of you in an airport bathroom praying that Sen. Craig is in the stall next to you &

Hellbender

Loc: Taney County

#112816 - 08/31/07 12:45 PM

Quote:

I only spend three to four days a week in these forests with all the fires

Which week, last week you were flying. So you're a Hot Shot now, or are you a jumper? dreamer? bullchitter?
Trees burning inside out, thats better than Elk chasing Beavers or fires burning hotter today. Keep 'em coming Lib, everybody can use a little laughter in their day.

--------------------
A government survey has shown that 91% of illegal immigrants come to this country so that they can see their own doctor.

Edited by Hellbender (08/31/07 12:46 PM)

Liberty

#112817 - 08/31/07 12:49 PM

the truth can be funny, even to demented old farts

yes last week I did do some flying and we landed, most weeks I do some driving and some hiking, I know it is hard for an idiot laymen to understand, but we media folks cover some ground, a little more than you do so we can fill your little mush brains with information that you can drink your pabst blue ribbon to and then fire off some demented diatribe letter to the editor with all the misspellings that confirm your inbred jackassedness.

the funny thing about trees burning inside out, it's pretty damn common occurrence, so that just makes me wonder what it is you did all the time you were supposedly out here becoming the so-called expert on the west that you claim to be from your bed there in the invalid's home

Liberty

#112819 - 08/31/07 12:59 PM

HB,

how long are you going to be a coward on this and not argue the actual point? I mean it's one thing to make a joke every now and then, it's quite another thing to now try to make jokes about things that happen all the time.

So how long you gonna be a puss

duko™

#112821 - 08/31/07 01:08 PM

Quote:

Liberty said:
full head of hair, tall, muscular never had a yoohoo and don't like cheesy puffs

Jackass, Jackass, Jackass, Jackass, Jackass, Jackass, Jackass, Jackass, Jackass, & Jackass &

So you say.....

Come on dude...admit it!

duko

Liberty

#112822 - 08/31/07 01:19 PM

nice self portrait there duko or did Sen. Craig take that for you?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1472 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Jaeger 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 22689

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page