CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Political Forum

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)
Liberty

Reged: 12/14/05

Re: Ethanol, again. [Re: hillbilly]
      #121100 - 10/17/07 10:50 AM

"And even though they claim to be giving refined products away they will still record a 17 billion dollar profit. My how they are hurting, huh?"--hillbilly

yet another typical response from someone who earns his living off the backs of taxpayers

hey profits are always good, don't disparage profits, in the end it even bites you government bureaucrats in the ass if profits fall off.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Hellbender

Loc: Taney County

Re: Ethanol, again. [Re: Liberty]
      #121123 - 10/17/07 12:08 PM

My question is, if I los some braen cels las nite drinking corn liker, can I replace em ef I ate corn puffs for brekfas?

--------------------
A government survey has shown that 91% of illegal immigrants come to this country so that they can see their own doctor.

Liberty

Re: Ethanol, again. [Re: Hellbender]
      #121124 - 10/17/07 12:09 PM

most people could, but I am sure that you couldn't

Ozark

Loc: out in the woods

Re: Ethanol, again. [Re: hillbilly]
      #121134 - 10/17/07 12:49 PM

Quote:

hillbilly said:
Ozark - They claim they are giving refined products away now due to inventories and demand.

The people who run major oil companies aren't stupid.

Right now if they stuck with their normal markup for refining, gas would be $4 a gallon and they'd be posting record profits (instead of near-record profits).

The results of that wouldn't be pretty, for them.

Congress and Democrat candidates would make political hay before the election. A "windfall tax" would be enacted and tax credits for oil exploration would be repealed. Bush might veto that, but if he did even Republican congressmen running for re-election would be scrambling to override his veto.

The news media would convince Americans that ExxonMobil, Chevron, and ConocoPhillips are bigger enemies than Al Queda.

A Million-Mom caravan of S.U.V.'s would storm Washington, demanding to put Hillary in the Oval Office before the end of this year. Snipers on the White House roof would be picking 'em off, right through their Spandex jogging bras.

No, I'd say gas will stay under $3 a gallon until next November. After that, I don't know what the oil companies will do - they'll have to return to normal refining margins sometime. If there's a Democrat President and Congress, that may be a big problem for them.

Or it may not. After the election when the heat's off, they can probably bribe enough politicians of both parties to keep Congress off their ass. Then gas prices will go 'way up.

And in the meantime, those "near-record profits" ain't bad.

Hellbender

Re: Ethanol, again. [Re: Ozark]
      #121152 - 10/17/07 02:23 PM

Quote:

No, I'd say gas will stay under $3 a gallon until next November.

Aw they would never manipulate politics, would they? How about Ethanol figures?

--------------------
A government survey has shown that 91% of illegal immigrants come to this country so that they can see their own doctor.

Liberty

#121165 - 10/17/07 02:49 PM

look HB ethanol is a jackass product subsidized to the hilt, if you are so damn worried about farmers eat more corn

ethanol will never replace gasoline, NEVER

it's a piss poor product that is subsidized by politicians who have pulled the wool over your eyes.

PETROLEUM RULES, EXXON ROCKS

Hellbender

#121173 - 10/17/07 03:03 PM

Quote:

ethanol will never replace gasoline, NEVER

of course it won't, but gasoline and petroleum diesel will never be as cheap some would have us believe.
Every gallon of Ethanol helps Americans, every gallon of gas helps some dictator or camel jockey somewhere.
We know where some of you stand, and who you stand for, but we need a replacement combustion fuel, and right now Ethanol is the quickest replacement.
If we were independent of foreign oil, even if we could only sustain it a few years, we would have most enemies by the gonads, and for those that have domestic supplies, they wouldn't have us by the gonads.

--------------------

Liberty

#121190 - 10/17/07 03:41 PM

we have a domestic supply but since there are so called conservatives like you who won't allow us to use our damn resources, how on earth will we ever beat the damn envirowhacko lawyer brigade

Hellbender

#121242 - 10/17/07 05:51 PM

Listen close Dork Weed, your figures are skewed.
Today you have to give some Camel Jockeys pa $2.11 cents for the crude to make a gallon of gas. You can give an American farmer $1.42 for the corn to make a gallon of Ethanol.
The list of BS fact picking differences are right out of the book, "How to blow smoke up an Americans ass" , handbook of the left.
Gas is produced on very refined technology that was paid for long ago, Ethanol is just getting started, and some don't want to do the research, but would rather jack off some Sheik to save a little money, even if it goes to an American. Then like you Dork Weed, biatch about doing business with foreign suppliers. Sorry about that, I forgot, you don't have any problem with foreign suppliers.

I just don't buy the cockeyed bullchit about more CO2, the "subsidy" that isn't, (but in fact is a suspension of the taxes you claim to hate).
Take Ethanol, mix it with gas from domestic crude, fuel our trucks with leftovers, heat with domestic coal, throw in a little Hydro and wind, and they can have that catbox, if they screw with us we'll clean it out. Same for fat Huey.
Wake up Dork weed.

--------------------

Liberty

#121276 - 10/17/07 08:12 PM

figures, who used figures? The subsidy that is you mean, I could care less what the hell it sends into the atmosphere it's a fuel that is burned

Ethanol still sucks as a fuel, it is absolutely terrible

Hellbender

#121282 - 10/17/07 08:31 PM

Quote:

figures, who used figures? The subsidy that is you mean, I could care less what the hell it sends into the atmosphere it's a fuel that is burned

Can someone interpret that.

--------------------

Liberty

#121284 - 10/17/07 08:55 PM

translation

Vogi

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Saline County, MO

#121287 - 10/17/07 08:58 PM

Quote:

Liberty said:
translation

But the E85 I burn in my 2004 Explorer saves me money on the fuel end, and makes me money on the production end. I guess you could say "I'm makin' money comin' and goin'."

Hellbender

#121292 - 10/17/07 10:12 PM

Quote:

Fortunatly you're not normal enough to actually put up a clear lucid debate, so you haven't converted anyone.
You have proven that your ADD and fixation on fire hasn't changed however.

--------------------

Ozark

Loc: out in the woods

Re: Ethanol, again. [Re: Vogi]
      #121294 - 10/17/07 10:33 PM

Hey, Vogi - Did you mention CO2 recovery systems and tanks at the ethanol plant? How does that work?

I'm sure they're catching and compressing CO2 instead of releasing it into the atmosphere. It seems like ethanol production would make so much CO2 it would be a glut on the market. However it's used, it'll end up released in the atmosphere eventually.

Before ethanol, breweries were able to supply the demand for CO2. It's an inert gas, and I guess the uses are fire extinguishers, carbonating beer, maybe propellant in some aerosol cans? Are they finding a market for all that CO2?

Just wondered.

Liberty

#121303 - 10/18/07 12:06 AM

HB

ethanol lowers your miles per gallon expectation, hence it is a inferior fuel how's that for lucid dementia boy?

Vogi

#121340 - 10/18/07 10:48 AM

Quote:

Ozark said:
Hey, Vogi - Did you mention CO2 recovery systems and tanks at the ethanol plant? How does that work?

I'm sure they're catching and compressing CO2 instead of releasing it into the atmosphere. It seems like ethanol production would make so much CO2 it would be a glut on the market. However it's used, it'll end up released in the atmosphere eventually.

Before ethanol, breweries were able to supply the demand for CO2. It's an inert gas, and I guess the uses are fire extinguishers, carbonating beer, maybe propellant in some aerosol cans? Are they finding a market for all that CO2?

Just wondered.

They are capturing the C02 at MME, but I'm not up to speed on the hows or what fors. It's my understanding that another company has set up shop and handles that part of the setup.

Vogi

#121342 - 10/18/07 10:54 AM

Quote:

Liberty said:
HB

ethanol lowers your miles per gallon expectation, hence it is a inferior fuel how's that for lucid dementia boy?

You are right on the lowered fuel mileage. But I see that you forgot to figure in the reduced price of E85, or present any actual mileage figures. I have both, and E85 is saving me money every day.

It's been noted that beer lowers your ability to think rationally. Does that make it an inferior beverage?? It appears to waste corn much the same as ethanol...

Hellbender

#121349 - 10/18/07 11:33 AM

Quote:

Don't present that argument to a fifth grader Ozark, they'll be all over you.
At one time the earth's atmosphere was primarily CO2, and as the plants that trapped that CO2 were eventually turned into crude, the CO2 remained in the ground. When we burn gasoline, we release it.
Then there's Ethanol, which also releases CO2, the difference is that its CO2 comes from the present atmosphere, therefore there's no net gain.
look at it as if Ethanol come with built in Carbon credits.

Liberty, we know you're high on supporting the Camel
jockey's, you don't have to keep reminding us that you like foreign products over US products.

--------------------

Liberty

#121355 - 10/18/07 12:12 PM

Americans have the opportunity within its own borders to produce the better product, and yet we do all we can to produce the inferior one

Liberty

#121356 - 10/18/07 12:14 PM

"At one time the earth's atmosphere was primarily CO2, and as the plants that trapped that CO2 were eventually turned into crude, the CO2 remained in the ground. When we burn gasoline, we release it.
Then there's Ethanol, which also releases CO2, the difference is that its CO2 comes from the present atmosphere, therefore there's no net gain.
look at it as if Ethanol come with built in Carbon credits."--HB

if this horsechit really concerned you then you would truly be appalled by the CO2 release associated with catastrophic forest fires

Hellbender

#121360 - 10/18/07 12:34 PM

Quote:

if this horsechit really concerned you then you would truly be appalled by the CO2 release associated with catastrophic forest fires

Duh, they get it the same place corn does, Al, the atmosphere, and when the trees grow back, they'll recapture it.

--------------------

Liberty

#121365 - 10/18/07 01:03 PM

"when the trees grow back"--HB

there's the problem

Vogi

#121378 - 10/18/07 02:42 PM

Carbon Credits....did you know I can also receive money for ground I grow crops on if I don't till it. Seems it catches the said carbon and somebody thinks that's worth something. Must be the folks that don't replant the trees.

Liberty

#121380 - 10/18/07 02:44 PM

did you know that if I'm ever president I'll end all farm subsidies because they do nothing but rape the American taxpayer

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1219 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Jaeger 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 24875

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page