CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Political Forum

Pages: 1
Ozark

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: out in the woods

Wal Mart Dollars
      #121781 - 10/20/07 01:38 PM

Here's what the Chinese are doing with the massive amount of money we're giving them for doing our manufacturing.

This, not the Muslims, is World War III in the making.

China

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Hellbender

Loc: Taney County

Re: Wal Mart Dollars [Re: Ozark]
      #121798 - 10/20/07 06:18 PM

China is an enigma, and its hard to tell what their ultimate goals are. Sometimes it appears they don't want anymore than respect.
Their past actions have been a country with a powerful ground army reacting to nationalism and neighbor treaties.

I think what they are up to now is anybodys guess.

Like the Iraq war or not, we have found our weaknesses and our strengths, and we know we can't fight a major war with a Bill Clinton army.

--------------------
A government survey has shown that 91% of illegal immigrants come to this country so that they can see their own doctor.

Liberty

Re: Wal Mart Dollars [Re: Hellbender]
      #121825 - 10/20/07 08:24 PM

as I have said before, America needs at least an additional million soldiers, five more carrier fleets, 20 more nuclear attack subs, and stealth fighters and bombers out the wazoo.

All armed forces should have special forces training, all the way down to the supply clerk

Hellbender

Re: Wal Mart Dollars [Re: Liberty]
      #121827 - 10/20/07 08:36 PM

Quote:

All armed forces should have special forces training, all the way down to the supply clerk

Why is that Private Rosie?

--------------------
A government survey has shown that 91% of illegal immigrants come to this country so that they can see their own doctor.

Liberty

#121829 - 10/20/07 08:37 PM

because one day the crapola might really hit the fan

Hellbender

#121841 - 10/20/07 10:16 PM

Might?

--------------------

Liberty

#121855 - 10/20/07 11:54 PM

national defense is in the Constitution

Hellbender

#121856 - 10/21/07 12:13 AM

Fortunately for our country you have nothing to do with the military.

--------------------

Liberty

#121864 - 10/21/07 01:12 AM

yeah because adding to their capability would be terrible

Ozark

#121869 - 10/21/07 02:48 AM

Quote:

Hellbender said:
China is an enigma

Yep. China hasn't been particularily aggressive as a modern nation, I admit that. They came in against us in the Korean War, and they work with our enemies like North Korea and Iran to cause us trouble - but they haven't invaded anybody lately.

I'm convinced they're going to take Taiwan back one of these days. At one time we would have gone to war over that, but we probably won't now. We probably couldn't - China won't invade Taiwan until they know they're able to defeat us in the western Pacific.

After being kicked around by the western powers for centuries, I think China has a chip on its shoulder. With the largest population in the world, they probably deserve to dominate Asia - but I wonder how much payback they want on us.

They've got no regard for human life, they could stand to lose half their population, and they've got a brutal, totalitarian regime. It worries me to see a country like that actively moving toward a position where they can whip us in a fair fight, worldwide and nuclear.

Hellbender

#121882 - 10/21/07 11:24 AM

I wouldn't really disagree with any of that Ozark.
They're exporting food, a sign that they are finally feeding most of the population. The government has carefully relaxed some of their control, reinforcing nationalism,without giving up anything important.
They're doing things that I wouldn't have expected, such as in the case of Hong Kong, so I suspect Taiwan will see alot of patience.
The why is something to worry about, is it to buy time?

Modern warfare between super powers is no mystery, you inflict enough damage to bring them to their knees with a strong defense against retaliation.
Is China's buildup defensive or offensive? I think its defensive and question is who do they think will attack, and why?

--------------------

Ozark

#121888 - 10/21/07 01:16 PM

Quote:

Hellbender said:
Is China's buildup defensive or offensive? I think its defensive and question is who do they think will attack, and why?

Well, they've got an enormously long border with Russia - and history shows any country in that position better have a real good defense.

So if China is building up its military to defend against Russia, that's legitimate. Trouble is, those two are getting friendly again. They're teaming up to support enemies of the U.S., worldwide.

I think the Chinese are going to become eastern Asia's superpower - equal to or stronger than the U.S. South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, the Philippines, Singapore, etc. are going to fall under their domination, not ours. That may be a specially bad deal for Japan, considering how they treated China in the 20th century.

I doubt China wants to conquer the U.S. - but as they get stronger U.S. influence all around the world is going to decline. They'll be able to cut our supply of many natural resources, and if we oppose that with force they'll nuke us.

Hellbender

#121902 - 10/21/07 03:10 PM

Quote:

I doubt China wants to conquer the U.S. - but as they get stronger U.S. influence all around the world is going to decline. They'll be able to cut our supply of many natural resources, and if we oppose that with force they'll nuke us.

And be in a position to defend any counterattack, which is most likely a given.

--------------------

Ozark

#121920 - 10/21/07 09:31 PM

Our enemies in previous world wars made many stupid mistakes that we were able to take advantage of. The Chinese seem like very patient master chess players - they don't make those kind of mistakes and they're thinking many moves ahead.

Our power in the western Pacific is based on U.S. aircraft carrier task forces - so the Chinese have built a whole bunch of stealthy nuclear attack subs that can sink those.

Our surveillance is done with satellites, so the Chinese are developing and testing missiles to destroy our satellites. Our communications are by computers, so the Chinese are constantly hacking into Pentagon computer systems.

The Chinese seized effective control of the Panama Canal as soon as Carter gave it to the Panamanians. They are in a position to deny passage through the Canal to any ship at any time.

The Chinese are making real inroads into our hemisphere. Since Exxon and Conoco backed out of the Venezuelan oil fields, those fields are being developed by PetroChina. They have a big presence now in Bolivia, and the Chinese now have contracts for much of the Canadian Shale Oil deposits.

The Chinese are thinking many moves ahead and putting the U.S. in a very dangerous position - and they're doing it with U.S. dollars they earn by making cheap stuff for us. The most dangerous enemy is one that's smarter than you are, and I'm afraid that's what we're facing with the Chinese.

Hellbender

#121926 - 10/21/07 09:53 PM

They have been around awhile.

--------------------

Liberty

#121930 - 10/21/07 10:08 PM

"They have been around awhile"--Hellbender
with insight like that I'm surprised no one's asked you to be undersecretary of state

Hellbender

#121995 - 10/22/07 11:04 AM

Simply agreeing with Ozark that they are patient and calculating, and adding they have thousands of years of history to draw on.
If I had been answering you it would have been a much simpler answer, hopefully successful without the use of Crayons.

--------------------

Liberty

#121997 - 10/22/07 11:10 AM

Hellbender

#122005 - 10/22/07 11:25 AM

No need to share your queer dreams with us Rosie, thats too much information.
Get a life, no wait, get a women.

--------------------

Liberty

#122007 - 10/22/07 11:29 AM

"get a women"--HB

that's some of your finest Ingrish yet

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 609 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Jaeger 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 224

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page