CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Main Forum >> Deer

Pages: 1
stoneman

Reged: 11/24/08
Loc: stone county , missouri

Deer Hunting Movies
      #169460 - 12/05/08 07:44 AM

Not the "Real Tree" or others like those but regular go to the movie theater ones.
Most only a small part of the movie is hunting , but sometimes the theme is based on the hunt .
"The Deer Hunter" with Robert DeNiro was probally the biggest hit, the weirdest is "Escanaba in Da Moonlight" with Jeff Daniels that I've watched.
The most recent was the Will Smith movie with him chasing down deer with a Shelby Cobra and trying to shoot them along with "10,000 BC" ---ok that last wasnt "deer" hunting but taking down Mastadons with spears on the Great Plains ---now that was hunting---Stoneman Style !

--------------------
"Only 3 things that are worth a dime are old dogs , children and watermelon wine"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sptsman

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Missouri

Re: Deer Hunting Movies [Re: stoneman]
      #169471 - 12/05/08 09:25 AM

Take it to the movie forum cupcake... There is serious deer discussion that needs to take place here...

BTW, you left out the 2005 classic, "The Tailgate." If you haven't seen it, go rent it. A group of dysfunctional morons don their orange hats and vests, driving around the countryside with deer carcasses in the beds of their rusted out pick-up trucks. The plot thickens (like their skulls) when one of them decides it would be cool to leave the tailgate down so everyone can see the trophy doe they whacked earlier that day. I won't tell you anymore, as it will give away too much and ruin the movie. But rest assured, it will leave you wanting to see the sequel, "Tailgates Up, Not this Year"

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 958 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  DjF, foots, duko™ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 166

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page