CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | >> (show all)
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: T.J. Oshie...... [Re: Kit]
      #183283 - 04/15/09 11:09 AM

The Canuts are gonna be tough. Luongo had a rough spell a few weeks ago but is back in FULL control....he's damn good....this team is just as hot as the Note with some big names to boot including the Sedin bro's .. They are favored to win for good reason. Their town expects them to win.

Since I'm a believer I call it for the Note. To do this right we need Mason to stay hot and then strong fore check thruout the series putting the puck on the net and crashin the net every chance they get. We gotta get in Luongos head and we prolly gotta split the opening series.

The pressure to win is on the Canuts...the Note will hopefully be just as they have been the past three months and havin fun while they do it.

BlueNote in SIX!!!!!!!

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
last_stand

Re: T.J. Oshie...... [Re: last_stand]
      #183331 - 04/15/09 04:06 PM

Almost forgot. Please dear god sumbody put Demitra on his azz tonight.....

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#183362 - 04/15/09 08:12 PM

I didn't mind the US National Anthem, but I coulda done without the second song that fat bearded lady sung.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: T.J. Oshie...... [Re: H2ODOG]
      #183364 - 04/15/09 08:23 PM

If them sumbitches put a stick round me neck like they are doing while flappin them gums at me, I'd have to knock out the rest of what teeth they have. Fuggin Canuck team gets pushed and they flop back like a basketball player in the neck area. Buncha beardedclams.

--------------------

DADAKOTA

Loc: Missouri West Side

#183370 - 04/15/09 09:18 PM

Blues best quit taking stupid penalties or it will be a sweep.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#183371 - 04/15/09 09:19 PM

I wonder how much them fuggin frogs in black and white are gettin paid.....Blues been shorthanded allmost all night long. As foots would say.....its boooooooooooolchit.

--------------------

Kit

Loc: Columbia, MO

#183378 - 04/15/09 10:40 PM

I wish the refs would just spot the other team a couple of goals and let the boys play hockey. They should be embarassed over some of the calls and definitely the non calls... Booolsheeeit!

--------------------
"If you're the only one who shits in something, you own it. Remember that."

DADAKOTA

Loc: Missouri West Side

#183380 - 04/15/09 10:44 PM

Blues don't need to put themselves in that position. Skate and move the puck.

last_stand

Re: T.J. Oshie...... [Re: DADAKOTA]
      #183395 - 04/16/09 06:16 AM

All in all I thought we did pretty well for the first two periods but we were simply dominated by them in the third when we needed the tying goal. Keep in mind by doing "pretty good" that includes coming out nervous and a little scattered still yet somehow managing to play them fairly even. But the Nuts played the third on our end and stood us up pretty well with the game on the line.

Downside was one for 7 on the friggen power play.
Too many stupid penalties for playoff hockey...Tkachuk's for sure.
Not scoring 5 on 3 for 90 seconds!
Upside we ran with the big dog and still didn't play our best.
Mason was sharp.
It's one game of playoff exp a lot of Blues never had. Friday should be a different kind of game.

--------------------

bgbrdhntr

Loc: MO

#183534 - 04/17/09 07:17 AM

You see in today's paper Vancouvers coach has sand in his vagene over the Blues spraying his goaltender with ice. Thinks it's disrespectful and the zebras should call it....

Alright, where's Geoff Courtnall when you need him instead of spraying your netminder we'll just run em instead....

--------------------
"ya'll take ah good look at this lump of chit, remember what it looks like"

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

Re: T.J. Oshie...... [Re: bgbrdhntr]
      #183577 - 04/17/09 03:11 PM

Blues 4 Vancouver 2

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: T.J. Oshie...... [Re: sptsman]
      #183609 - 04/17/09 11:38 PM

Louie and the crossbar are on fire!!!!

Blues have to win 4 of 5 now.......not sure we have the horses.

Still happy to be where we are.

Oshie and the kids need to settle the fork down.....then again, that's what this season is about....you can't learn without experiencing it.

Where's Karia??

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

sptsman

Re: T.J. Oshie...... [Re: griffin]
      #183613 - 04/18/09 04:16 AM

Perron for Pronger...

Fun season. Good experience for them now. But this this is all but over. Vancouver is the better team (fewer holes) and clearly wants it more...

--------------------

last_stand

#183617 - 04/18/09 05:24 AM

I still don't think we are out there playin our game...but maybe that credit should go to the Nuts.....and Luongo is the last guy to need 3 off the bar...you are livin right with that chit.

The losses are not hard to take cuzz the team is workin hard and that's all you can ask of this group. Backman is having a great series too......actually the D has been outstanding for what it is.

I want to see a win Sunday night......if it could be a 3 or 4 goal game it may impact the rest of the series. And you're right griff re the 4 of five...but win next two and then it is manageable.....then see who wants it more. Gotta get to Luongo.

--------------------

Kit

Loc: Columbia, MO

#183622 - 04/18/09 09:52 AM

I think being back home will help get them a win or two, but Luongo is standing on his head. The Canucks could go deep in the playoffs with him playing the way he is.

--------------------
"If you're the only one who shits in something, you own it. Remember that."

spectr17

Reged: 01/17/06
Loc: Kali-Fornya

#183652 - 04/19/09 01:38 AM

Poutine (PerOWNED) has it right, spray snow if their self righteous faces and laugh at them. The Canucks think they've already been anointed.

As native STL Redd Foxx would say, "Let's pee in their Ripple."

Doom on the Canucks

--------------------
~spectr17

I need to get a good sun tan and a sombrero so I can do whatever the hell I want.

sptsman

Re: T.J. Oshie...... [Re: spectr17]
      #183681 - 04/19/09 07:53 PM

The boys don't seem to understand the concept of 60 minutes. Not 59, not 58, not 50. You let down for a half of a period like they did in the 1st half of the second period and almost any team in the playoffs will capitalize on it...

Again, good experience for the youngins and fun to see them get there. But they are out-classed and being out played by a better team.

I hope they can take the next one, just to keep from getting swept. That may be a tad demoralizing!!

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#183682 - 04/19/09 07:59 PM

Ok, I did it. I watched a hockey game. I even saw T.J. Oshie , who , by the way did not do chit that I could tell.

Casual observation tells me it is fast , violent and hectic.No wonder none of the players have their teeth. I still do not understand the rules or penalties , especially delayed penalties.

FOund out my wife of 20 years, who is from StL ,is a Blues fan.So, if they are on TV again I guess I will watch.

ALL the fans seemed to be into it and I liked the locker room shots at the break. The goalie was bruised like an offensive lineman in football.I could be a convert eventually.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: T.J. Oshie...... [Re: Bubba]
      #183687 - 04/19/09 09:21 PM

ONly right here will the weakness show.....and it's as glaring as ever. We have no defensemen who can REALLY move the puck up ice....and we have no big, tough, scoring winger.

Johnson will fill one hole....and make the entire defense better......but Backes is NOT the answer for the other hole in my opinion. He's just not mean enough.

The Blues are outgunned here.....plain and simple.

Additionally......Murray has PANICKED!! You don't change one of the best penalty kills and power play units in hockey because they have a bad shift or two. And that tirade at the end of the second game was WAY off base.

Vancouver has it right.....this ain't the regular season....this is a SERIES.....you KEEP sending the message like Vancouver is doing, even if it means sending out your hitters at the end of a game you have won.

The Blues, from the top down, will benefit from this.....but it is what it is....a nice little season on the way to bigger things.

GO BLUE!!!!

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

spectr17

Reged: 01/17/06
Loc: Kali-Fornya

Re: T.J. Oshie...... [Re: griffin]
      #183711 - 04/20/09 01:29 AM

Nuck fan can kiss my hairy azz, it ain't over yet.

--------------------
~spectr17

I need to get a good sun tan and a sombrero so I can do whatever the hell I want.

last_stand

Re: T.J. Oshie...... [Re: spectr17]
      #183720 - 04/20/09 06:17 AM

The last two 3rd periods pretty much put the hammer down.

I think the Nuts are sending the same message cuzz they are winning griff......it's pretty easy to send out the same guys who continue to get it done for you....I didn't mind the special teams changes when you consider it was a must win and how total crap the first team has been doin ...but it didn't matter I'll give ya that. I think Hinotes absence came into play on that decision too.

B J Crombeen oughtta be shot. What a forkin idiot.

A big part of the misery is about playoff nerves and lack thereof......we may not be as good a team as Vancouver but at least the Nut's big guns have done in the playoffs what they have done all year and that's more than what the Note can muster.

Maybe 0-4 would be a good thing for this team to sit on over the summer you never know but I'd still like them to get out there and show the Blues of the past 60 days.

--------------------

sptsman

#183747 - 04/20/09 02:14 PM

Perron for Pronger... Make the deal. I like Perron and he will enjoy success in the NHL. But he is under-sized, not well equipped for playoff hockey and has lapses where is is AWOL for periods, sometimes games at a time. He will be our next Pavol Demitra.

Give them Perron, a few draft picks and whatever else they want that doesn't cripple us... Get Pronger!!

--------------------

last_stand

#183753 - 04/20/09 04:05 PM

So I asked you before Sptsman....what do you pay Pronger and how long do we have to sign him for?

--------------------

sptsman

#183754 - 04/20/09 04:57 PM

2-3 years max... Anything after that has to be the Blues option. He has 2 good years left and maybe 3. Will he be the Norris Trophy winner? Doubtful. Will he still be one of the top 5-10 in the NHL? Yes!!! Is he exactly what they need for the development of Johnson and Polak? Yes!! Is he part of the answer to some of the current holes we have? Yes!!!

That deal just makes sense all the way around. The only reason they should not make it is if the Ducks simply want too much. And that is a very real possibility. He will command a high price.

You can also factor in the fact that STL is one of the few places he actually wants to be. His wife is from here and he says he loved his years here. I'm quite sure he sees what is happening with this organization and sees a real possibility of a Cup run in the next few years...

Even if they don't get Pronger, they need a top flight, puck moving defenseman. It is killing me to watch this team's inability to move the puck out of the zone with 1 or 2 quick passes. Taking 15-30 seconds to get out of your own end just destroys the opportunity to attack with any sustained pressure. These guys are losing their legs just after the puck goes into the offensive zone. They get it in and have to make a line change. Then you get the double whammy of not getting a good, sustained attack but also having them break out of their zone while we change lines. It has happened time and time again in this series.

--------------------

last_stand

#183755 - 04/20/09 05:10 PM

I'm all for Pronger. But at a price. Doesn't work it doesn't work.

I wouldn't give up Perron and then pay him a mountain of money on top of that....he makes what...7 mil? And that's his old contract! We give up Perron and sign him now on this trade thing and he is an unrestricted free agent in ONE friggen year....he will then want the big bonzo contract to ride off into the sunset and we are then strapped with a guy who is on the down side and further could easily be hurt half the time. No thanks. That's the old Blues. Hell if anything wait a year and get him for the same cash he will want after we give up a good player!
And then there's Perron.....yeah he could be stronger but I know he ain't no Demitra!!! 50 pts his rookie year....let him simmer and see where he is in year 3.......all for a bargain price.
I couldn't agree more on the need for defense and the skill to move the puck and shoot the puck...but 35 is too old to mortgage the farm.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | >> (show all)

Extra information
8 registered and 4922 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 44229

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page