CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Main Forum >> Waterfowl

Pages: 1
67Firebird
Former political advocate

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Russellville, Mo

For all the EMT types
      #178927 - 03/08/09 08:20 PM

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
brettcope

Reged: 10/10/06
Loc: st louis missouri

Re: For all the EMT types [Re: 67Firebird]
      #179039 - 03/10/09 09:23 AM

can you guys get sued like the doctors, or treat people with no insurance, no job, etc and not get paid a dime for your services

dabsAdministrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: For all the EMT types [Re: brettcope]
      #179047 - 03/10/09 10:36 AM

Why no brettcope.....it is all a bed of roses in pre-hospital emergency services There are never anyone wanting to sue you......everyone that comes through the system has insurance....they all are exectuives at fortune 500 companies and pay cash in advance for their care prior to tansport.

But - all the extra pay received by field personnel makes up for it

Any other questions - just ask.

Hop

Reged: 12/16/06
Loc: Now that's a 10-2 Code

#179144 - 03/10/09 05:21 PM

Everyone knows we are payed Lots More Than We Are Worth!

--------------------
Visit us at: http://flocked-N-Locked.com

redleg
Enzyte - one a day!

Loc: Big Rock Candy Mountain

Re: For all the EMT types [Re: dabs]
      #179146 - 03/10/09 05:27 PM

brettcope,,,,would you be willing to risk your life to save others fer 8 dolla and a quarter an hour? Just askin? Tain't an ez job gettin em there playin in the snow workin Inside the wreck dealin wiff the family at the scene,,,only way they make a livin is by LOOOONG hours and sometimes 2 jobs,,,,naw they ain't real DRs,,,,but without em we wouldn't need so many REAL Drs,,,just sayin!

--------------------
A gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one, you'll prolly never need one again.

OYD

Loc: SW MO

Re: For all the EMT types [Re: redleg]
      #179153 - 03/10/09 08:30 PM

Ain't that some chit....bretts defending the poor underpaid doctors.....damndest thing I've ever seen.

You can't make this chit up!!

Scout 1
New order Amish - not be confused with Meninite!

Loc: Where there are no ducks

Re: For all the EMT types [Re: Hop]
      #179215 - 03/11/09 09:47 AM

Quote:

Hop said:
Everyone knows we are payed Lots More Than We Are Worth!

except for those times when peeps need yer skill and training to save their own worthless hide, or that of their famblly or friends.

THEN watch em praise ya.

swampy
stirrer of chit

Loc: Valhalla

#179221 - 03/11/09 10:02 AM

Quote:

brettcope said:
can you guys get sued like the doctors, or treat people with no insurance, no job, etc and not get paid a dime for your services

people that have insurance usually don't take an ambulance to the ER for a sore throat, hunger pains, broken finger, earache, pinkeye, toe pain, ingrown toenails, feeling cold, drunk and can't get to my gandy house, smoked too much weed and can't go to my mommas house, needed to get from Harrahs back downtown and did not have cab money and while I'm here I've had htn for 6mths but could not afford my $10/mth prescription. Plus I need a social worker and call the supervisor because I want to complain and I want a hot meal.

--------------------
Honorary VP 10/90 deer club

stoneman

Reged: 11/24/08
Loc: stone county , missouri

#179222 - 03/11/09 10:08 AM

Quote:

dabs said:
Why no brettcope.....it is all a bed of roses in pre-hospital emergency services There are never anyone wanting to sue you......everyone that comes through the system has insurance....they all are exectuives at fortune 500 companies and pay cash in advance for their care prior to tansport.

Just Dont ask me how much the ambulance ride cost my insurance company for the ride down MT. Lemmon in AZ . Then exchanged to another ambulance to the ride to hospital -- --where my Dr sister was doing her internship at the time -- I knew I shouldn't have tried skiing the Black Diamond Coarse with that Icy Snow --but it was the last run of the day-- ---now there was that time I got run over by my own boat on Lake Okeegobee in FL----but that's another story--

--------------------
"Only 3 things that are worth a dime are old dogs , children and watermelon wine"

brettcope

Re: For all the EMT types [Re: stoneman]
      #179231 - 03/11/09 11:13 AM

dang boys, dont get your balls all twisted. Im an icu nurse. I know the deal on inner city healthcare.

brettcope

#179234 - 03/11/09 11:17 AM

ON my above note, heres how you get free healthcare. Have a change of clothes in your trunk. Make sure they are nasty, covered in dirt, urine, feces, etc. When you need to visit the er, change your clothes and walk into the er with no id, no money, no insurance. Works for half the pos in our fair city.

chief3

Loc: MO

#179322 - 03/12/09 09:48 AM

Quote:

dabs said:

OH HELL dabs........you should warn a man about posts like that.......I may have to replace a keyboard after spewing coffee laughing at that one.

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: For all the EMT types [Re: swampy]
      #179340 - 03/12/09 10:56 AM

Quote:

swampy said:
Quote:

brettcope said:

people that have insurance usually don't take an ambulance to the ER for a sore throat, hunger pains, broken finger, earache, pinkeye, toe pain, ingrown toenails, feeling cold, drunk and can't get to my gandy house, smoked too much weed and can't go to my mommas house, needed to get from Harrahs back downtown and did not have cab money and while I'm here I've had htn for 6mths but could not afford my $10/mth prescription. Plus I need a social worker and call the supervisor because I want to complain and I want a hot meal.

Now Toemoss - Usually I am in agreement wiff you on most things...but not on this one.

Pre-hospital folks (cept the ones who are hospital based and usually end up spending their free time working in the facility or folks that PRN in-hospital) don't understand what life in the ER is really about....I was based out of a hospital for a few years and know where you come from....but, the same is true on the counterpoint.

What in-hospital folks see from pre-hospital is the folks they bring in. They don't see the 25% national average of "no-go'rs". This is the bunch that you see, many times after the fact, coming in via taxi, walk-in, public transit or the boys in blue that were many times system abusers.

Granted, there aint many jobs that pay a person to sleep - but when woke up at 3:15 in the morning because {insert name here} is - a. hasn't slept in 15 days because of a meth high and {insert name here}'s friend decides they should be looked at - b. {insert name here} is bed ridden and dropped his television remote off the side of the bed and really just needs someone to come over and pick it up so they can watch Oprah instead of Dr. Phil - c. 96 year old {insert name here} got up to poop at 2:15 in the morning and when they got back in bed were short of breath here is a forkin clue....96 year old people who get out of bed in the middle of night to poop should be out of breath when they get back to bed

One of the greatest signs we used to determine when a patient really didn't need an ambulance was the "positive samsonite" sign. When a crew got on a scene and the suitcase was packed sittin by the front door - you knew they really didn't need an ambulance....it was another public safety taxi call.

As long as time goes on there will be a debate of who is who in health care....it is good that people have pride in what they do.....but the good part of it is (with the exception of the cops ) when it comes time to roll up the sleeves and go to work - everyone knows their role in the gig and the patients benefit from it.....the people who everyone is there for to begin with....I know that the people probably don't forget that - but it is amazing to me how some tend to have lost that focus over the years.

dabs

Scout 1
New order Amish - not be confused with Meninite!

Loc: Where there are no ducks

#179344 - 03/12/09 11:11 AM

I don't know how you folks handle all that petty chit, in addition to the blood, the puke, the who knows what diseases... but THANKS.

Also it reaally pizzes me off when I hear folks talking about "going to the ER" when they have a hangnail, or little Jonny has a bad cough, or they have a 101 degree fever... totally minor chit that any half-bright mammal SHOULD be able to handle out of their own household medicine cabinet.

How you keep from braining these dipdunks is beyond me.

Pitbull
FEtch's Son in Law

Loc: Land of the Pheasants!!

Re: For all the EMT types [Re: Scout 1]
      #179353 - 03/12/09 11:37 AM

and my volunteer emt career has just begun

--------------------
Cubs in 2010 It will be Lou's Year!!!!!!

Hop

#179354 - 03/12/09 11:37 AM

Just clicked on here for a second after a couple of us just got through cheating the reaper.. I'll have ta get in on this one when I get home.

--------------------

Whackattack

Loc: Farmington, Mo

#179355 - 03/12/09 11:39 AM

Quote:

Scout 1 said:
I don't know how you folks handle all that petty chit, in addition to the blood, the puke, the who knows what diseases... but THANKS.

Also it reaally pizzes me off when I hear folks talking about "going to the ER" when they have a hangnail, or little Jonny has a bad cough, or they have a 101 degree fever... totally minor chit that any half-bright mammal SHOULD be able to handle out of their own household medicine cabinet.

How you keep from braining these dipdunks is beyond me.

We wuz po and lived in the darkest of neighborhoods in STL the first 16 years of my life. You wouldn't believe how many times them nigs would get hauled off in an ambulance just to be home later that night or the next day. Also, the little nigglets would come to school with their hospital bracelets on. When you asked them what happened, they'd say, "I was sick so momma took me to the hospital."
"When" you say and they say, "last night."

If I were in the medical field, I'd be proned to "accidents."

Hop

Re: For all the EMT types [Re: Whackattack]
      #179381 - 03/12/09 07:39 PM

When folks ask are (We" the Medical Folks} Worth what we make I set there and think to myself "are we?"

Then I think back 25 years ago of the living on Beans and Cornbread so I could pay for our living expenses as well as paying for school.

I think about what it was like to miss out on making a fair wage all those years I went to school.

And then I think about the money I had to re-pay for loans for school.

Then I think about what it was like to miss out on income getting experience on a Volunteer Fire District just so I could get the experience needed to get hired one.

I started my profession the same way most folks did..

I went to EMT School thinking there were Jobs Galore....

Little did I know there was an over abudance of folks that went to EMT School and landing job was like winning the Lottery for minimal pay.

Then Came Medic School where there was a little better chance of getting hired on with a Tuna Truck Outfit back in the days when being a medic meant you made just above min. Wage and you walked around Sleep Deprived Most of The Time.

Now comes that part of beinga Trauma Nurse.

Imagine this..........

When you hit the floor you are Ballz to the Wall with very little chance of getting a Break Let Alone Lunch.

Imagine that you have multiple patients believing that you are a Slave rather than a Professional and believe you should be kissing thier Azzes the entire time they are there.

Imagine Having Ego Maniacs barking a Dozen orders at you at the same time and DEMANDING that those orders are carried out at RIGHT NOW.....All the time you are giving your all to your patients.

And your patients are not only the sick and injured..Your patients are also the families that you are taking of.

Imagine that you ave a patient that has no chance for survival of his or her illness or injury.. Even though you can not do anything for thier physical self you dig deep and try and touch thier spirit to try and offer comfort to them as well as thier families.

Imagine You have had your Azz Handed to You All Day and a MVC Comes in with a Mother from Out Of Town with her Twins and All Three have met thier Demise and you set there way past your shift and wait for the Husband and Father to Arrive from a Flight to be there to be with his family...

And as he is holding his head down with tears in his eyes and turns around to you and says these words.

"This Morning I was a Husband and Father...Today I am a Nobody"

These words break your heart yet you forget about you and try find it within you to offer even the smallest comfort to that man.

SO whenI am asked if we are worth what we are payed I say "Hell NO!" We are worth a whole lot more....

And then I explain to folks.. What we do is much diffrent because professions are what people do and not really who people are.

Because what we do as Healers and Nurturers is who we are.

It is really sad to say many get into EMS and Trauma Care to full-fill thier Dreams for Selfish Recognition. And Usually these folks dont stick with the profession longer than 5 years.

I say unless you have been doing thier for 10 years or longer you still have milk rings around your mouth because you have been sucking seasoned pro's tits try'n to figure out if you are doing things right.

Sorry for the Long Read. It's been one hell of a long day in the Ole ER today and then back at it in the Morning.

--------------------

redleg
Enzyte - one a day!

Loc: Big Rock Candy Mountain

#179389 - 03/12/09 08:05 PM

Who scrapes em up off the road and looks for body parts in the ditches? Then tranports what's left and goes back and cleans their truck so they can do it all over again?
I know everyone has their place on the firing line,,,but there is a lot of chit that alot of folks don't see and don't have to sleep with,,,sposse it's that way with many different fields tho. That's just something I couldn't do for Hardees pay!

--------------------
A gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one, you'll prolly never need one again.

Edited by redleg (03/12/09 08:09 PM)

Hop

Re: For all the EMT types [Re: redleg]
      #179391 - 03/12/09 08:09 PM

I hear ya ther Brutha Red that's how I started off...

And it sticks with ya!

Thank Goodness for True Friends that will stick with ya and put up with yer Craziness.

--------------------

67Firebird
Former political advocate

Loc: Russellville, Mo

#179418 - 03/12/09 10:51 PM

Quote:

Hop said:

Now comes that part of beinga Trauma Nurse.

Imagine this..........

Imagine that you have multiple patients believing that you are a Slave rather than a Professional and believe you should be kissing thier Azzes the entire time they are there.

When Brad and I were there the waiting room had maybe six other patients with various sickness and injury, and everyone was being pretty good about it including the little sick kids. Then out of nowhere this twenty-something dude that was holding his wrist just like Brad was says kinda loud "I guess if my head was hanging off I could get some attention around here!"

After doing our sign in paperwork stuff (he arrived while we were doing ours), it took maybe ten minutes for the radiology chick (who was smokin' hot BTW) to come get Brad for his x-rays, and she was just as quick with the mouthy dude. It was a longer wait for the doctor, but it always is. Everyone knows that before they even go.
The hospital called today for a follow up on their service, and I told them the whole thing went very smoothly and that radiology was exceptionally quick. The guy sounded pleased, like maybe he doesn't hear that enough. He must get a bunch of ungrateful people.

Pages: 1

Extra information
7 registered and 1705 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 653

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page