CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Miscellaneous Stuff >> Swampfox's Joke Section

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)
SwampFoxModerator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Mid Mo

Re: Heaven And Hell [Re: Mel]
      #165745 - 10/22/08 09:16 AM

God is tired, worn out. So he speaks to St. Peter, "You know, I need a vacation. Got any suggestions where I should go?"

St. Peter, thinking, nods his head, then says, "How about Jupiter? It's nice and warm there this time of the year."

God shakes His head before saying, "No. Too much gravity. You know how that hurts my back."

"Hmmm," St. Peter reflects. "Well, how about Mercury?"

"No way!" God mutters, "It's way too hot for me there!"

"I've got it," St. Peter says, his face lighting up. "How about going Down to Earth for your vacation?"

Chuckling, God remarks, "Are you kidding? Two thousand years ago I went there, had an affair with some nice Jewish girl, and they're STILL talking about it!"

--------------------
"Being deeply learned and skilled, being well trained and using well spoken words; this is good luck."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SwampFoxModerator

Re: Heaven And Hell [Re: SwampFox]
      #166075 - 10/25/08 12:42 PM

--------------------
"Being deeply learned and skilled, being well trained and using well spoken words; this is good luck."

SwampFoxModerator

#166076 - 10/25/08 12:42 PM

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#166353 - 10/29/08 03:44 AM

Three nuns were attending a baseball game.Three men were sitting directly behind.
Because their habits were partially blocking the view,the men decided to badger the nuns hoping they'd getannoyed enough to move to another area.
In a very loud voice, the first guy said, "I think I'm going to move to Utah...there are only 100 nuns living there."
The the second guy spoke up and said, "I want to go to Montana...there are only 50 nuns living there."
The third guy said, "I want to go to Idaho...there areonly 25 nuns living there."
One of the nuns turned around, looked at the men, and in a very sweet and calm voice said, "Why don't you go to hell...there aren't any nuns there!"

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#166808 - 11/01/08 09:23 PM

Proof the DaVince Code was right...

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#169833 - 12/10/08 04:42 AM

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#170333 - 12/16/08 05:45 AM

A man went to church one day and afterward he stopped
to shake the preacher's hand .. He said 'Preacher, I'll
tell you, that was a damned fine sermon. Damned good!'

The preacher said, 'Thank you sir, but I'd rather you didn't use profanity.'

The man said, 'I was so damned impressed with that
sermon I put five thousand dollars in the offering plate!'

The preacher said, "The Hell you did".

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#170731 - 12/19/08 10:56 PM

A priest needs to take a lunch break, but the line to the confessional is backed way up.

So he calls his buddy, the rabbi from the Synagogue across the street, to cover for him.

The rabbi comes over and says "From what do I know of confessions?"

The priest says "Don't worry, you're a smart guy. Just sit in here with me for a while and you'll get the hang of it."

So the rabbi and the priest sit in the confessional and listen to the first applicant.

"Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned," comes a voice from behind the curtain.

"What have you done, my child?" asks the priest.

"I have been unfaithful to my wife," says the parishoner.

"How many times?" asks the priest.

"Three" is the reply.

"You must say 10 Hail Marys and put $5 in the collection plate. Now go, and sin no more."

The next parishoner enters the booth and says "Forgive me father, for I have sinned."

"What have you done, my child?" asks the priest.

"I have been unfaithful to my wife," says the parishoner.

"Three" is the reply.

"You must say 10 Hail Marys and put $5 in the collection plate. Now go, and sin no more."

The rabbi says "This is pretty easy, I think I have it. Go enjoy your lunch."

So the rabbi is sitting there as the next parishoner enters the booth.

The next parishoner enters the booth and says "Forgive me father, for I have sinned."

"What have you done, my child?"

"I have been unfaithful to my husband," says the parishoner.

"Why, only once!" is the offended response.

"Well, go do it two more times. We're running a special today, 3 for $5."

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#172526 - 01/07/09 04:13 AM

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#173261 - 01/13/09 01:17 PM

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#174293 - 01/25/09 04:34 PM

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#175020 - 01/31/09 02:57 AM

(From "Weird Universe")

The Holy Foreskin

The Bible tells us that Jesus was circumcised eight days after his birth. But this became the source of a protracted debate among medieval scholars who couldn't figure out what became of the foreskin. Did it remain here on Earth? Was it reunited with Christ and ascended with him into Heaven? Or did it ascend into heaven separately, on its own?

The belief that the "holy prepuce" remained on Earth was probably the most popular position. In fact, no less than 21 medieval churches and abbeys claimed to be in possession of the holy foreskin.

St. Catherine of Siena reportedly wore the foreskin of Jesus as a ring on her finger.

However, the Austrian nun Agnes Blannbekin (1244-1315) took a different view. She became obsessed by the holy foreskin, dwelling on the loss of blood and pain Christ must have suffered during his circumcision. Such thoughts led her to a revelation. While celebrating the Feast of the Circumcision (traditionally held on January 1), Agnes suddenly "felt the Lord's foreskin on her tongue, thin as the membrane of an egg, and swallowed it with great sweetness 'about a hundred times'. Christ then revealed to her that his foreskin had been resurrected with him on Easter." Because of this revelation, Blannbekin's writings were banned by the church.

However, my favorite theory about the fate of the holy foreskin is the one put forward by the 17th century theologian Leo Allatius. In an essay, De Praeputio Domini Nostri Jesu Christi Diatriba, he speculated "that the holy foreskin may have ascended into heaven at the same time as Jesus himself, and might have become the rings of Saturn."

Source of info: Mattelaer, JJ, et al. (2007). "The Circumcision of Jesus Christ". The Journal of Urology. 178: 31-34.

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#175982 - 02/09/09 12:36 PM

I was shocked, confused, bewildered

As I entered Heaven's door,
Not by the beauty of it all,
Nor the lights or its decor.

But it was the folks in Heaven
Who made me sputter and gasp--
The thieves, the liars, the sinners,
The alcoholics and the trash.

There stood the kid from seventh grade..
Who swiped my lunch money twice.
Next to him was my old neighbor
Who never said anything nice.

Herb, who I always thought
Was rotting away in hell,
Was sitting pretty on cloud nine,
Looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, 'What's the deal?
I would love to hear Your take.
How'd all these sinners get up here?
God must've made a mistake.'

'And why's everyone so quiet,
So somber - give me a clue.'
'Hush, child,' He said, 'they're all in shock.
No one thought they'd be seeing you.'

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#176230 - 02/11/09 03:55 AM

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#177053 - 02/19/09 04:57 AM

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#177054 - 02/19/09 04:58 AM

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#177525 - 02/24/09 02:25 AM

The elderly priest, speaking to the younger priest,
said, 'You had a good idea to replace the first four
pews with plush bucket theater seats. It worked like
a charm. The front of the church always fills first
now.'

The young priest nodded, and the old priest
continued, 'And you told me adding a little more
beat to the music would bring young people back
to church, so I supported you when you brought in
that rock 'n roll gospel choir. Now our services
are consistently packed to the balcony.'

'Thank you, Father,' answered the young priest. 'I
am pleased that you are open to the new ideas of
youth.'

'All of these ideas have been well and good,' said
the elderly priest, 'But I'm afraid you've gone too
far with the drive-thru confessional.'

'But Father,' protested the young priest, 'my
confessions and the donations have nearly doubled
since I began that!'

'Yes,' replied the elderly priest, 'and I appreciate
that.... But the flashing neon sign,
'Toot 'n Tell or Go to Hell'
cannot stay on the church roof.

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#183393 - 04/16/09 05:24 AM

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#183585 - 04/17/09 04:40 PM

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#183911 - 04/22/09 12:32 PM

LOT'S WIFE:

The Sunday School teacher was describing how Lot's wife looked back and turned into a pillar of salt, when little Jason interrupted, 'My Mommy looked back once, while she was driving,' he announced triumphantly, 'and she turned into a telephone pole!'

THE GOOD SAMARITAN:

A Sunday school teacher was telling her class the story of the Good Samaritan. She asked the class, 'If you saw a person lying on the roadside, all wounded and bleeding, what would you do?' A thoughtful little girl broke the hushed silence, 'I think I'd throw up.'

DID NOAH FISH?

A Sunday school teacher asked, 'Johnny, do you think Noah did a lot of fishing when he was on the Ark?' 'No,' replied Johnny. 'How could he, with just two worms?'

HIGHER POWER:

A Sunday School teacher said to her children, 'We have been learning how powerful kings and queens were in Bible times.. But, there is a higher power. Can anybody tell me what it is?' One child blurted out, 'Aces!'

MOSES AND THE RED SEA:

Nine-year-old Joey was asked by his mother what he had learned in Sunday School. 'Well, Mom, our teacher told us how God sent Moses behind enemy lines on a rescue mission to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. When He got to the Red Sea, he had his army build a pontoon bridge and all the people walked across safely. Then, he rad ioed headquarters for reinforcements. They sent bombers to blow up the bridge and all the Israelites were saved.'

'Now, Joey, is that really what your teacher taught you?' his mother asked. 'Well, no, Mom. But, if I told it the way the teacher did, you'd never believe it!'

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD:

A Sunday School teacher decided to have her young class memorize one of the most quoted passages in the Bible; Psalm 23. She gave the youngsters a month to learn the chapter.

Little Rick was excited about the task -- but, he just couldn't remember the Psalm. After much practice, he could barely get past the first line.

On the day that the kids were scheduled to recite the 23rd Psalm in front of the congregation, Ricky was so nervous when it was his turn, he stepped up to the microphone and said proudly, 'The Lord is my Shepherd, and that's all I need to know.'

UNANSWERED PRAYER?

The preacher's 5 year-old daughter noticed that her father always paused and bowed his head, for a moment, before starting his sermon.. One day, she asked him why. 'Well, Honey,' he began, proud that his daughter was so observant o f his messages, 'I'm asking the Lord to help me preach a good sermon..'

'How come He doesn't do it?' she asked.

BEING THANKFUL!

A rabbi said to a precocious six-year-old boy, 'So your mother says your prayers for you each night? That's very commendable. What does she say?'

The little boy replied, 'Thank God he's in bed!'

UNTIMELY ANSWERED PRAYER

During the minister's prayer, one Sunday, there was a loud whistle from one of the back pews. Tommy's mother was horrified. She pinched him into silence and, after church, asked, 'Tommy, whatever made you do such a thing?'

Tommy answered, soberly, 'I asked God to teach me to whistle, and he just did!

TIME TO PRAY

A pastor asked a little boy if he said his prayers every night. 'Yes, sir,' the boy replied.

'And, do you always say them in the morning, too?' the pastor asked.

'No sir,' the boy replied. 'I ain't scared in the daytime.'

ALL MEN / ALL GIRLS?

When my daughter, Kelli, said her bedtime prayers, she would bless every family member, every friend and every animal (current and past). For several weeks, after we had finished the nightly prayer, Kelli would say, 'And all girls.'

As this soon became part of her nightly routine, to include this at the end, my c uriosity got the best of me and I asked her, 'Kelli, Why do you always add the part about all girls?'

Her response, 'Because we always finish our prayers by saying 'All Men'!'

SAY A PRAYER

Little Johnny and his family were having Sunday dinner at his grandmother's house. Everyone was seated around the table as the food was being served. When Little Johnny received his plate, he started eating right away.

'Johnny! Please wait until we say our prayer.' said his mother.

'I don't have to,' the boy replied.

'Of course, you do,' his mother insisted.

'We say a prayer before eating, at our house.'

'That's our house,' Johnny explained. 'But this is grandma's house and she knows how to cook!'

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#185283 - 05/09/09 09:27 AM

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#185497 - 05/14/09 03:27 AM

Dear God.

Please send clothes for all those poor ladys in Dad's computer.

Amen

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#186181 - 05/24/09 03:51 PM

A Muslim dies and finds himself before the pearly gates. He is very excited, as all his life he has longed to meet the Prophet Mohammed. Having arrived at the Gates of Heaven, he meets a man with a beard.

"Are you Mohammed?" he asks. "No, my son, I am Peter. Mohammed is higher up" and he points to a ladder that rises into the clouds ..

Delighted that Mohammed should be higher than Peter, he climbs the ladder in great strides, climbs through the clouds coming to a room where he meets another bearded man.

Full of hope, he asks again, "Are you Mohammed?" 'No, I am Moses... you will find Mohammed higher up".

Mohammed higher than Moses! The poor man can hardly contain his delight and climbs and climbs, ever higher. Once again, he reaches a larger room where he meets a man with a beard and repeats his question: "Are you Mohammed?"

"No, I am Jesus. Mohammed is higher still".

Exhausted, but with a heart full of joy, he continues to climb the ladder and, yet again, he discovers an even larger room where he meets another man with a beard.

"Are you Mohammed?" he gasps, as he is by now, totally out of breath from all his climbing. "No, my son, I am God. But you look exhausted. Would you like a cup of coffee?"

"Yes, please, my Lord"

God looks behind him, claps his hands and calls out: "Hey, Mohammed, two coffees!"

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#186215 - 05/25/09 01:50 AM

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#186217 - 05/25/09 02:09 AM

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2096 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  SwampFox, JimDog 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 141642

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page