CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Main Forum >> Waterfowl

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
FowlMouth
King Deano

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: E MO

Re: Biodegradable shot shell wad cups [Re: Nontypical]
      #199861 - 02/11/10 11:30 AM

between now and summer, I will load 10,000 12 ga AA 1 1/8 ounce shells.....send me 10,000 of your wads and I will be the first pro staffer

--------------------
Low speed....high drag

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Phil in MO

Reged: 12/20/05
Loc: "HomeofToto" City

Re: Biodegradable shot shell wad cups [Re: FowlMouth]
      #199867 - 02/11/10 11:59 AM

Quote:

FowlMouth said:
between now and summer, I will load 10,000 12 ga AA 1 1/8 ounce shells.....send me 10,000 of your wads and I will be the first pro staffer

You will have to wear a black hoody that says "My wad is greener than yours"

FowlMouth
King Deano

Loc: E MO

Re: Biodegradable shot shell wad cups [Re: Phil in MO]
      #199870 - 02/11/10 12:59 PM

make it a Larry the Cable guy plaid shirt with the sleeves cut off and you got a deal

--------------------
Low speed....high drag

sptsman

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Missouri

Re: Biodegradable shot shell wad cups [Re: duko™]
      #199872 - 02/11/10 01:06 PM

Quote:

duko said:
the way I see this is that its nothing more than an alternative to picking up your own garbage. Where is the problem???

Sptsman, are you essentially saying that you'd rather leave your garbage on the ground than spend 25 cents and avoid having to walk around and find 25 spent wads on the ground. If you shot 2500 rounds a year that equates to $25. I know personally you'll spend more than that on any given night at the dog prairie just to turn around and piss it out on the ground.

I don't buy in to all this green mumbo jumbo either, but for forks sake can you not agree that it at least makes sense to pick up after yourself.

duko

Seriously, who the fork picks up their wads after shooting? Hell, you can't even find 90% of them... "C'mon duko, let's go have a beer!! No boys, you go ahead. I need to find all my wads and pick them up..."

And I don't piss on the ground at The Dog. I either use the not-so-clean restroom or piss on the big tree, on the side of the building. That is much more environmentally friendly...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

Whackattack

Loc: Farmington, Mo

#199874 - 02/11/10 01:34 PM

Quote:

FowlMouth said:
.send me 10,000 of your wads

I saw a movie of that title and the girl didn't look like she enjoyed herself after the first 500....

Bubba might be interested......

Edited by Whackattack (02/11/10 01:36 PM)

Nontypical

Reged: 12/16/05
Loc: Mid Missouri

#199881 - 02/11/10 02:52 PM

Quote:

FowlMouth said:

FowlMouth,

We are just in the testing phases now and I wanted to do a little survey on here to test the waters. Once we get where we need to be I'll see if I can get 10,000 wads to test so you can be a pro staffer!

So are you a positive response or a negative response? Or will your response depend on whether I can get the 10K wads?

The replies to your post were hilarious by the way!

--------------------
Idiocracy shouldn't be a direction!

Nontypical

Re: Biodegradable shot shell wad cups [Re: sptsman]
      #199882 - 02/11/10 03:01 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

duko said:
the way I see this is that its nothing more than an alternative to picking up your own garbage. Where is the problem???

Sptsman, are you essentially saying that you'd rather leave your garbage on the ground than spend 25 cents and avoid having to walk around and find 25 spent wads on the ground. If you shot 2500 rounds a year that equates to $25. I know personally you'll spend more than that on any given night at the dog prairie just to turn around and piss it out on the ground.

I don't buy in to all this green mumbo jumbo either, but for forks sake can you not agree that it at least makes sense to pick up after yourself.

duko

Seriously, who the fork picks up their wads after shooting? Hell, you can't even find 90% of them... "C'mon duko, let's go have a beer!! No boys, you go ahead. I need to find all my wads and pick them up..."

And I don't piss on the ground at The Dog. I either use the not-so-clean restroom or piss on the big tree, on the side of the building. That is much more environmentally friendly...

Sptsman,
The fact that you can't find 90% of them is why you should be for this additive.

Believe or not I am related by marriage to Gene Dames of Dog Prairie fame. So that's why that dang tree is dying

--------------------

Nontypical

#199884 - 02/11/10 03:05 PM

Here is the count so far:

Negative: moduckdoc, sptsman, burrhead, LIW, Dabs, Griffin, Bubba

Positive: Duckv, PhilinMo, Ducko, IIFID, Mac, FowlMouth (1st prostaffer), last stand

Thanks to all who have responded, keep them coming.

Tied 7-7 as of 2-12 4:30pm

--------------------

Edited by Nontypical (02/12/10 03:36 PM)

duko™

Loc: east mo

#199885 - 02/11/10 03:08 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

duko said:

duko

I was just using your name for the sake of argument. But, knowing were you hunt in the Elsberry bottoms and what kind of quality hunt that club offers, I can see where having to pick up all four of your wads at the end of the year really ain't that big of a deal!

duko

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#199886 - 02/11/10 03:09 PM

Let's see....if Sptsmans agin it I must be for it.
Penny a shell...put me in the yes column.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Nontypical

Re: Biodegradable shot shell wad cups [Re: last_stand]
      #199889 - 02/11/10 03:26 PM

It has been duly edited to include your yes vote!

Thanks for the response.

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

Re: Biodegradable shot shell wad cups [Re: duko™]
      #199894 - 02/11/10 05:15 PM

Quote:

duko said:
I was just using your name for the sake of argument. But, knowing were you hunt in the Elsberry bottoms and what kind of quality hunt that club offers, I can see where having to pick up all four of your wads at the end of the year really ain't that big of a deal!

duko

That's BS. Some years we shoot dozens of times...

Well nontypical, next time your around, let me know. I'll let you buy me a beer or four at The Dog.

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

Nontypical

#199896 - 02/11/10 05:19 PM

Sptsman,

I be happy to buy you a beer as long as you promise to quit killin' that dang tree

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #199897 - 02/11/10 05:41 PM

I am not trying to take the credit for this - but if you are going to alter wads.....why not make them yellow.....corn yellow.

If they are going to bio-disappear in a year it would be nice for them to look like a small ear of corn laying in the stubble....field...marsh until that happens.

And for the record...put me down for a no....I wouldn't shop for a shell that was specifically bio-degradable.....if it was convenient to purchase and economically alright to do so I would but when I need shells I go buy them....I wouldn't look around for them.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: Biodegradable shot shell wad cups [Re: dabs]
      #199899 - 02/11/10 07:33 PM

Personally, I've never even had a problem with spent hulls laying around...and can't figure out why anyone does. I guess it's trash, or litter, but I've never seen it in that light.

So no, I won't pay more, because I don't care. Now, if you can come up with some biodegradable beer cans that I can chuck out the window....I'm in, especially if they disappear in under 30 seconds. Maybe, as soon as wind hits them.....that'd be good, I'd pay extra for that.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

lying_in_wait

Loc: Choot 'Em!

Re: Biodegradable shot shell wad cups [Re: griffin]
      #199906 - 02/12/10 01:36 AM

Naw, I'm not an angry man, just not a fan of all the "green" crap that gets shoved down the American consumer's throat. "Green" is the ultimate marketing tool because if a consumer thinks he is doing something good for the environment he will pay more for it and the marketing gurus know this. Sure, maybe using a biodegradable wad would only add a penny to the cost of a shell but there's no way the consumer is getting off that cheap. Just price the "green" shells that are currently on the market and tell me how many boxes you can afford to shoot. Heck just look at how much more we pay for regular steel shot shells even though steel is far cheaper than lead.

Like I said before though, biodegradable wads already exist. Greenlite shells use a paper wad cup and their plastic hull is completely degradable.

http://www.polywad.com/greenlite.html

EcoWad is starch and animal protein based and they have you degradation time beat by 4 years.

http://www.ecowad.com/Home.html

Kent is in the game too with their Bio Wad.

http://www.kentgamebore.com/gamebore_silver_steel.asp

If you think there won't be legislation to eventually transform to all eco friendly components, think again. This left coaster is already pushing for legislation on biodegradable wads because he didn't like seeing plastic wads on the ground at his skeet club.

http://www.tombutt.com/forum/2009/090927a.htm

I'm an advocate of picking up after myself even though it's not always convenient, but I'm not willing to pay extra so I don't have to.

--------------------
Shawn Wheaton
Missouri Waterfowl Association
Westside Chapter Chairman

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: Biodegradable shot shell wad cups [Re: lying_in_wait]
      #199922 - 02/12/10 10:43 AM

What Lying In Wait said...........no.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

Nontypical

Re: Biodegradable shot shell wad cups [Re: dabs]
      #199938 - 02/12/10 03:24 PM

Dabs,

I will suggest your color scheme to my customer. They normally use color tints, different tints for different shells.

Is there a particular load that you would want this corn color wad used in?

Say 12 ga. 3 inch #4 shot.

--------------------

Nontypical

Re: Biodegradable shot shell wad cups [Re: griffin]
      #199939 - 02/12/10 03:33 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Personally, I've never even had a problem with spent hulls laying around...and can't figure out why anyone does. I guess it's trash, or litter, but I've never seen it in that light.

So no, I won't pay more, because I don't care. Now, if you can come up with some biodegradable beer cans that I can chuck out the window....I'm in, especially if they disappear in under 30 seconds. Maybe, as soon as wind hits them.....that'd be good, I'd pay extra for that.
griffin

Griffin,
That project was supposed to be on a "need to know" basis!

The problem we are running into is the bottle starts degrading as soon as the cap is taken off and we can't find anyone who can drink the beer fast enough to not get soaked!

Note: We are all out of testing money (and beer) for that project for now.

--------------------

3s

Reged: 01/27/06
Loc: SE IL

#199956 - 02/13/10 03:46 AM

Well i wouldn't have a problem with them at that price. i don't buy into all that "Green" stuff but don't see how if the performance is the same and the cost is a few cents a shell, why not. that said I, like dabs, wouldn't go looking high and low for them but would buy them if they were readily available and in the loads I would use.

So put me down as a strong.............

maybe.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2898 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4551

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page