CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Political Forum

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Scout 1
New order Amish - not be confused with Meninite!

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Where there are no ducks

Re: What crazy ass chit are you apocalyptic about these days [Re: Ozark]
      #206242 - 07/22/10 12:09 PM

If Griifin's forebears raised lotsa cabbages, that'd make em Cole Slavs?

Irish Apache. Reminds me of movie dialogue:

Fletch: I'm John.
Gail Stanwyk: Ohhhh, John.
[they laugh]
Gail Stanwyk: John who?
Fletch: John cork... tos... ton.
Gail Stanwyk: That's a beautiful name.
Fletch: Well, it's Scotch/Romanian.
Gail Stanwyk: That's an odd combination.
Fletch: Yeah, well, so were my parents.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: What crazy ass chit are you apocalyptic about these days [Re: Scout 1]
      #206244 - 07/22/10 12:51 PM

Ozark - I don't drink whiskey....at all. Haven't for about 7 or 8 years. There are plenty of people who will prolly post up and let you know why.

And yeah.....you shoulda been to the Christmas party, in my Grandma's basement, when I was a kid, and people from the old country came over. I was about 16 or 17 and the first hint of trouble was when my Irish Grandpa yelled that Marshall Tito was a sonofabiattch.....which caused my Croatian Grandpa to scream that Jimmy Carter was a sonofabiattch....whcih caused the first chair to be launched, which caused the first punch to be thrown, which caused the first police car to arrive, which caused LOTS more squad cars to arrive.....

Yeah....volatile covers it pretty well.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Ozark

Loc: out in the woods

Re: What crazy ass chit are you apocalyptic about these days [Re: griffin]
      #206245 - 07/22/10 01:14 PM

My family woulda been high-fiving and buying drinks for whoever hollered that Jimmy Carter was a s.o.b.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#206247 - 07/22/10 01:35 PM

My Irish Grandpa had been a State Representative in the early 60's....you know the drill, alot of those old guys never got the message that the Democratic Party, as they knew it, had gone to hell.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

JimDogAdministrator
Freelance Gynecologist

Loc: Columbia

#206249 - 07/22/10 02:06 PM

Just for the record...

Both of my parents are German immigrants. They came to this country without knowing the language, and without a dime to their name. They, nor a single one of my four siblings have ever received a single penny in welfare, medicare, medicaid, food stamps, unemployment benefits. All of us who went to college did so without a government grant or loan (or any loan, for that matter). I paid for 100% of my education. I began saving for it when I was 12, first by mowing lawns, then working several jobs concurrently all through high school and college.

I clearly understand why people want to come to this country. and I have no problem with immigrants - of any race. All I ask is that they do so legally. And that is all the law is doing. Read the bill . It is only 16 pages long, and not may big words at all - even someone of Liberty's limited mental capacity is capable of grasping this one. Please tell me what is racist about it...

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: What crazy ass chit are you apocalyptic about these days [Re: JimDog]
      #206252 - 07/22/10 03:03 PM

Jim - what you posted there, to me, is clearly an indictment of immigrants in general....NOWHERE does it say anything about anything illegal.

griffin

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#206267 - 07/22/10 08:56 PM

I am all for people coming to this country legally for a better life. Afterall, that's how most, if not all, of us got here.

Now, if your ass is here illegally, may ICE send your ass back to whereever u came from as quickly as they can find you. and for Mexico to point fingers at us for defending our border against theur citizens is the REAL hypocricy. They patrol their southern border with Federal troops and jail the Guats who illegally enter their countrt and then deport them after their prison stay

The employers need to be fined. The landlords need to be fined. The borders need secured. The "anchor baby" law should apply to those here LEGALLY only. The law needs to be changed. For a person to get here illegally at 9 months and 5cmm dialated so they can now get welfare, free health care, free housing........it total bullchit. Help the mother have the baby, and then I've them an air conditioned ride back to the border with a week supply of diapers and formula

If I was a Mexican and saw a better way of life across the border I would do everything in m power to get to the US for a better life........and once here would do what I could to stay legally. The problem with most illegalls they don't want to work to become legal, don't want to learn OUR langauge, don't want to respect our flag, and don't want to be called Americans...........which is exactly opposite of the immigration flood in the 1800's

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

Ozark

Re: What crazy ass chit are you apocalyptic about these days [Re: H2ODOG]
      #206281 - 07/23/10 12:04 PM

I'm not much into family geneaology, but the Internet makes it easy to look around a little and find out about your ancestors.

I found that the earliest direct g-g-g-g-g-g-grandpa of mine to come to this country was David Baird, who emigrated with his family from Dublin to Virginia Colony in 1693. The article where I found that explained that the colonists who came on that ship had to wait for months, and many who wanted to go got rejected and didn't get to come to America.

They had to have the approval of the authorities in Ireland, and they couldn't be running from the law. Also, they had to have skills needed by the colony, or they weren't allowed to come. David Baird started a big farm in Henrico Co. Virginia where the family stayed and raised lots of kids for generations, so I bet he was already an experienced farmer in Ireland.

Point is - America's borders were already being controlled, by the British and the colony authorities, 300+ years ago. This is nothing new, it's always been that way. EVERY country has the basic right and obligation to control its borders and to say that immigration must be legal and according to certain standards.

If a country fails to do that, it'll go downhill in a hurry and finally cease to exist. If we continue to allow unlimited, uncontrolled immigration that's what's going to happen here.

Scout 1
New order Amish - not be confused with Meninite!

Loc: Where there are no ducks

#206283 - 07/23/10 12:59 PM

Well while we're on the topic here, riddle me this, Batman.

True or false: The US Constitution/Bill of Rights applies to anyone and everyone, or just to American citizens?

Selah.

Ozark

Re: What crazy ass chit are you apocalyptic about these days [Re: Scout 1]
      #206296 - 07/23/10 05:19 PM

Quote:

Scout 1 said:
The US Constitution/Bill of Rights applies to anyone and everyone, or just to American citizens?

Here's a pretty good answer, I think, from Wikipedia:

"The rights of both citizens and non-citizens within the U.S. are protected by the U.S. Constitution. However, there are some rights specifically reserved for citizens, such as eligibility for Federal jobs and to vote.

In actuality, the Constitution doesn't apply to "citizens," nor does it even apply to "people." It applies to the government. It tells the government what it can and can't do (the body says what the government can do, and the Bill of Rights says what the government can't do).

Immigration rules are administrative ones, and are mandated by Congress, not the courts."

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#206307 - 07/23/10 09:19 PM

Quote:

Ozark said:
If we continue to allow unlimited, uncontrolled immigration that's what's going to happen here.

Yes, we HAVE to have controls....that's why we have laws...this ain't hard stuff.

I believe the "unlimited" part takes care of itself. There is a number out there, I have no idea what it is, where the scale tips to the side of NOT being a great place to immigrate to.

We HAVE to allow people to come here for a better life....it's what keeps us moving forward and improving. We just have to make it done legally so that there is some control. Not necessarily control of the numbers, but control of where and how.

When it's done legally it works perfectly.

Case in point....the federal govt. sent the Bosnians to St. Louis. We are now into the second generation...they are moving into the suburbs....and they are produtive, hard working, and learning our language and culture. They are now Police Officers, firefighters, electricians, bricklayers, etc......for the most part their parents don't have much....except a dream of a better life for their children...a dream that is coming true the "old fashion" way.

Again.....I will ALWAYS fall on the side of immigrants looking to improve their lot in life....it can still be done here...that's why we remain the leader of the free world.

griffin

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#206312 - 07/24/10 07:18 AM

Quote:

griffin said:...that's why we remain the leader of the free world.

Actually, that's because we got biggest and best weapons and kick any other country's arse...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

Paul Dallas

Loc: the corner of Bedlam & Squalor

Re: What crazy ass chit are you apocalyptic about these days [Re: sptsman]
      #206337 - 07/25/10 08:30 PM

Liberty is back. State funding for his asylum dried up and that is plenty apocalyptic for me. Lets discuss the ramifications.

Ozark

Re: What crazy ass chit are you apocalyptic about these days [Re: Paul Dallas]
      #206356 - 07/26/10 09:40 AM

Quote:

Paul Dallas said:
Liberty is back. State funding for his asylum dried up and that is plenty apocalyptic for me. Lets discuss the ramifications.

I once pulled the patrol car over and checked an old man walking along a sidewalk in Ontario, Ca. He looked like a ragged, dirty Santa Claus, but what got my attention was the two long, yellow lead pencils he had stuck in his nostrils.

Turned out, his asylum had kicked the harmless patients out to save money - that's where a lot of the "homeless" came from. He was talking crazy and the only I.D. he had was a boat slip rental receipt from Juneau, Ak. from six years earlier. It's sad - I said to hell with it, gave him five bucks, and left.

I'm thinking now that was Liberty, and I'm the only one here who's got to see him.

Whackattack

Loc: Farmington, Mo

#206364 - 07/26/10 02:38 PM

Quote:

Ozark said:

I'm thinking now that was Liberty, and I'm the only one here who's got to see him.

Naw, Liberty woulda had the pencils shoved up his ass....

halfasmuch
action hero

Loc: Upper Oakville

Re: What crazy ass chit are you apocalyptic about these days [Re: Whackattack]
      #206381 - 07/27/10 05:57 AM

Griff,

remember when Denny Dennis burnt up and was temporarily in Concord Village? I was in there one night and there were 3 bosnians (thniking back .. obviously eastern euros) buying a boatload of rifles.. only one spoke english and marginally at that ... As I was leaving, one of Denny's guys was outside smokin...

I said "how in the H can you sell that many guns to guys that dont even speak english? "

He laughed and said " their background checks come back faster than yours ever will.. my guess is that they did Uncle Sam a favor and we moved them over here. they handle guns like they held them before."

that was my first encounter.. now it is almost as common as mexican in Wallyworld on Telegraph....
that was my first

--------------------
The difference between genius and stupidity
is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein

fullstrut

Loc: Down the Bayou

Re: What crazy ass chit are you apocalyptic about these days [Re: Liberty]
      #207008 - 08/16/10 04:56 PM

Quote:

Liberty said: How fast did organized criminal violence end after Prohibition was ended? Rather quickly, see the light.

Tell that to Jimmy Hoffa.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 140 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Jaeger 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3501

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page