CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Fishing Forum >> Bass Fishing

Pages: 1
Huntinbuddy

Reged: 06/02/06
Loc: Fulton

Truman info
      #207584 - 08/30/10 01:56 PM

Lance, Tom or the rest of you Truman rats...........

Couple of Q's on fishing Truman in two weeks.

First how is the ride from Sterett to HWY 83 bridge, thinking of looking around down there for some green fish. Got a tourney in two weeks. Didn't know if it looked like the Osage and Tebo arms or not.

Second going to take the fam camping then too, anybody having any luck on slabs or whites?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
triton

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: ??????????????

Re: Truman info [Re: Huntinbuddy]
      #207630 - 08/31/10 07:41 AM

I was up there a couple of weeks ago and there wasnt any problems as far as running....Course the lake may have dropped since then.

--------------------
Roger Clemen's wife's personal trainer

Jayhawk
Triton kicks Rangers Ass

Re: Truman info [Re: triton]
      #207669 - 08/31/10 03:56 PM

Keep your eyes open, isn't that difficult to read as far as I can remember... We've gotta deal out of sterret the 26th... Hopefully, I'll just need one rod out...

triton

Loc: ??????????????

Re: Truman info [Re: Jayhawk]
      #207674 - 08/31/10 05:32 PM

Friend told me when I first started fishing up there....steer to the bluff and away from the trees. As far as teh fishing goes, some find em and a lot dont right now.

--------------------
Roger Clemen's wife's personal trainer

Jayhawk
Triton kicks Rangers Ass

Re: Truman info [Re: triton]
      #207675 - 08/31/10 06:15 PM

However, I can also remember hanging in the top of a tree above Sterret in 40 ft of open water a good half of a mile from the bank or any other tree... Dirty Bastard cost me a half hour of fishing time

Huntinbuddy

Re: Truman info [Re: Jayhawk]
      #207696 - 09/01/10 06:49 AM

Lance,
I'll let you know what I find, we'll be down the 15th thru 19th.

Huntinbuddy

#207732 - 09/02/10 06:16 AM

Hey Lance, heading out in the morning to look things over you want to ride along?

swampy
stirrer of chit

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Valhalla

#207733 - 09/02/10 06:16 AM

if water temps fall I'd go up the Grand arm and hit every pocket above G10 I could. Pop R used to be on fire if fished right. Get it even with the bank pop up so it spits and let it sit next to stick ups or laydowns to a count of five. I never did like the middle of the O or P arms in Fall they can be overrun with shad and just kill the bite. You can never go wrong with just grinding away with a crankbait this time of year on that lake either.

--------------------
Honorary VP 10/90 deer club

Huntinbuddy

Re: Truman info [Re: swampy]
      #207734 - 09/02/10 06:20 AM

Thanks, Tommy. I'll keep that in mind, I'll be down for two full days prior to the club deal so we should see alot of water I would imagine.

If you get down that way let me know I'll buy you a cold one.

LeeinMo
LSU Bandwagon Jumper

Loc: Koolaid C.A. Mo.

#207747 - 09/02/10 11:45 AM

Phil, I fished a tournament there last weekend. That was before they had 4-1/2" of rain and more has fallen since then too. We stayed on the Grand Arm went from G24 to G4.

From what I have been told stay shallow the weights were big. A couple in the top fished Osage and did well, but the big fish came from Grand. West of Bucksaw water got dirty 6" clarity or so. Once again before the rain fall. I imagine it will be up and muddy still. Water Temps were in the Mid 80-88 range. Fish loud so they can find your bait will be your best bet lol. Good luck Lee

Huntinbuddy

Re: Truman info [Re: LeeinMo]
      #208087 - 09/11/10 06:55 AM

Thanks.................

Report is a lot late now but fished for 5 or 6 hours caught alot of small fish on pop'r on flats. Alot of fun though.

Worked a creek arm from the front to the back just to see what was happening didn't really get bit till I got to the 3/4 way in mark.

Back was full of shad, small balls of shad everywhere. It was about 10am when I got that far back and the bite slowed. Picked off one keeper on a spinnerbait, thru just about everything I had into those shad but didn't manage any good hits.

Overall, broke the prop on my trolling motor (luckily I always have a spare) and idling out I knocked the transducer off my boat (that was my fault I had been having trouble with the jet throwing an air pocket and it not working so I had it about 3" below the bottom of the boat, duh)

We are headed down probably on Wednesday night to set up the campers and fishing for 4 days.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 53 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Liberty, DADAKOTA 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 817

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page