CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Bandito

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: The Lair

Re: Hey Griffin! [Re: sptsman]
      #209682 - 10/28/10 03:34 PM

Mizzou this week, 28-20 over the Huskers... take it to the bank.

--------------------
With my new york brim and my gold tooth displayed,
Nobody give me trouble cause they know I got it made.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sptsman

Loc: Missouri

Re: Hey Griffin! [Re: Bandito]
      #209697 - 10/28/10 08:44 PM

Quote:

Bandito said:
Mizzou this week, 28-20 over the Huskers... take it to the bank.

They're giving Mizzou 7 1/2 points... If you're inclined to wager, take the 7 1/2 points and run... That is, if you're sure they're going to win 28-20.

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

Bandito

Loc: The Lair

Re: Hey Griffin! [Re: sptsman]
      #209699 - 10/28/10 08:56 PM

I've already got the house on it.

--------------------
With my new york brim and my gold tooth displayed,
Nobody give me trouble cause they know I got it made.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: Hey Griffin! [Re: Bandito]
      #209723 - 10/29/10 09:23 AM

I heard a stat on sports talk radio (and it was from a MU guy who covers MU)that surprised me. His stat was that Gabberts completion % when he was facing a standard rush was 71%. His completion % when he was blitzed you ask??? 41%!!! WOW! Think that the Pellini brothers might be selling out and sending the whole farm every other down?? It should prove to be intersting. NU, I believe he said, had a total of 17 sacks.. but 11 of them were in one game?? And opponents were averaging 4.6 yards per rush?

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: Hey Griffin! [Re: IIFID]
      #209731 - 10/29/10 10:16 AM

Bring the blitz.........when that happens, the bubble screen which failed miserably against OU will be there as well as a pass over the middle that is now unoccupied. Its not rocket science, but Yost will try to turn it into that.

Our backs will have a great game. NU sucks when an above average back plays them. Once we run allover them, Gabbert then throws all over them.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: Hey Griffin! [Re: H2ODOG]
      #209732 - 10/29/10 10:26 AM

Missouri can beat Nebraska......but maybe not at Nebraska with so much on the line. I spent 3 weeks up there this summer and I can tell you that Husker nation had HUGE expectations for this team, and still do. This game really is the season for both teams because no matter how much football is left, THIS game has to be a win for either team to be seriously considered on the national level.

I promise you that Missouri is headed for a collision with a very wound up Nebraska team.

I'm gonna be a black gnat in a sea of red.....Fork the Cornhuskers!!!

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Hey Griffin! [Re: griffin]
      #209735 - 10/29/10 10:32 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnIkyFmr3MY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GuGqPKP3xw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeSQgsknC6g&feature=related

--------------------

hucklburry

Loc: Daniel Boone's Neighborhood

#209738 - 10/29/10 11:03 AM

26.5 hours, I'll be watching on ABC! Think it will come down to Henery kicking the ball. Its what he does.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Hey Griffin! [Re: hucklburry]
      #209739 - 10/29/10 11:08 AM

Henery might get a chance to kick field goals, but I dont' think he will be kickin many XP's Its what our defense does.

just saying

--------------------

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#209746 - 10/29/10 11:51 AM

I believe if you weigh in on OVERALL strength Missouri is the better team.

The boys need to dish out the medicine early and get on top and minimize the fans in Lincoln. This would really help us...if not.....gonna be a hard fought and close victory.

BTW, 64 former Heisman winners were polled on a number of topics recently....they put Gabbert ranked 7th at QB this year.....I don't know how many of the 1-6 were Seniors.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

NateD

Reged: 10/05/09
Loc: Columbia, MO

#209747 - 10/29/10 11:57 AM

Here's my Youtube link. MU will win because the Nubs are homos... See for yourself...

T-Bagic

Naz's Dad

Reged: 12/29/05
Loc: the great state of denial

Re: Hey Griffin! [Re: last_stand]
      #209748 - 10/29/10 11:58 AM

You ask the Nebraska fans and they will tell you that the Huskers aren't playing well at home. They aren't that confident in this weeks outcome. Missouri however will have to overcome the so-called big game hangover. If they do that they win!!!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Hey Griffin! [Re: Naz's Dad]
      #209776 - 10/30/10 02:35 PM

Bailey just called from the game. He wants to know how y'all like Gabbert under pressure. Bandito.........u can't move into my house since you bet yours

--------------------

hucklburry

Loc: Daniel Boone's Neighborhood

#209778 - 10/30/10 03:15 PM

I love how Mizzou is playin', but the game aint over. Looking forward to another good half of football.

I never met Bailey, but I'd be guessin' the score don't matter all that much about now, he's had 2 quarters worth of drinkin' in.

Go Cornhuskers!

Edited by hucklburry (10/30/10 04:28 PM)

last_stand

Re: Hey Griffin! [Re: hucklburry]
      #209783 - 10/30/10 05:07 PM

You just can not come out any flatter than that.
Got more to say but I am gonna wait and hope the Blues provide a pick me up. lord knows I need it.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#209800 - 10/31/10 06:06 PM

Yeah, flat on his arse. Can we now stop having the Gabbert conversation? He's HORRIBLE under pressure....and yeah, he still lacks basic fundamentals with regard to his feet and throwing the football. Not to mention the fact that he's a puzzzzzzy. 6' 5" and 240 lbs. and he can't punch the ball in from 6 inches away....because he doesn't want to.

I will give him some credit.....he runs scared well.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

last_stand

#209801 - 10/31/10 06:32 PM

You know I won't sit around and cut the guy down like that griffin. He ain't a pooozy so you can drop that one.

I happen to agree with you on his number 1 and 2 flaws and yes in the first half in particular he left the pocket damn near next to immediately...he sees the D coming so I know he CANNOT be watching his primary guy nevertheless secondary outlets. He leaves TOO SOON and imo does not know the value of one second of time to be the difference between a busted play and a completion. He doesn't leave because he is afraid he leaves because he underestimates the benefit of staying and he thinks he can get the job done on the run. Very bad habit.

The team was waaaay flat and basically have to say not prepared for what they faced. They were tight as a drum skin. The Nub D was doing a good job...coverage was there and so was the pressure...and it appeared to me we did not answer that situation with anything adequate from the sidelines.

In the third Gabbert was making some excellent pin point passes but what we did generate was soon wiped out by the Nub offense. It was also too late after spotting the lead.

Gabbert did not do himself any favors on a scouting level with that game. But he does have a FULL YEAR before decisions are made. IMO He should change this aspect of his game if he wants a pro team to give him serious consideration for a low round pick.

As for the QB sneak you cannot put that one on Gabbert....apparently Pinkel is the poozy.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#209802 - 10/31/10 06:37 PM

Dude, sorry.... he has NEVER wanted to get hit. He's even worse now then he was in High School....and he was a joke then. I'm more right on the first comment then I am on the other two.

Without a doubt the most overrated player in the country.

griffin

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#209806 - 10/31/10 07:20 PM

Without a doubt the the reason he busted out of the pocket so fast is because he doesn't want to take a hit. I never watched the kid play hs football, bit it's pretty damn clear to me after 2 years of watchin him he doesn't want to stand in there and throw the ball and then take a shot.

The players are faster, bigger, & stronger in college and it's goes to another insane higher level in the pros. The kid had a laser beam for an arm and a quick release......one of the fastest in college. ESPN had a deal on it b4 the OU game. His quick release and strong arm compare to Tony Romo.......but just like Homo he cracks under pressure

Gabbert is an average college QB, and if he goes pro he would make a good backup to Chase Daniel........again. He still makes 500k a year to signal in plays, but he won't see snaps outside of preseason

--------------------

last_stand

#209810 - 10/31/10 09:13 PM

My contention has been and still is that IF he moves along and progresses/improves he will go by the 96th pick in the '12 draft.
I am not saying he is an All American nor am I saying he is a future pro bowler nor that he will even stay in the NFL. I am saying he will be drafted by the nfl as long as he progresses in his senior year because THAT IS WHAT PROFESSIONAL SCOUTS AND ANALYSTS are saying.
He is over hyped but you guys have knee jerked down to "average". He is inbetween with upside potential.
And Dog...not sure what you are saying but IF he is drafted thru the first three rounds he ain't gonna get cut after preseason by ANY team who takes him there. Not gonna happen. He makes the roster.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#209813 - 10/31/10 11:53 PM

I never said if he gets drafted that he wiill get cut his first year.......what I was trying to say is that the kid is a signal called in the NFL and nothing more. Backups play preseason. Gabbert has the arm for the NFL, but lacks the the toughness and mental game as well. Chase is a backup and Gabbert would be a good fit to back him up

A qb who doesn't panic comes back to beat the cornhuskers on Sat. Our D held them to 183 yards of offense the last three quarters, and 55 if them came on one play. Gabbert was in panic mode soon after the place kicker kicked it out of the endZone.

7-1 is far better than I would have ever expected to start the season and with a weak schedule we could go 11-1. And if we face a team with a good D in a bowl game, we get embarrassed on National TV again

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#209819 - 11/01/10 07:36 AM

LS - somewhere you said that Gabbert was the 7th rated QB in the country. He's not in my book, but even if he is....that doesn't compute to being drafted in the first 3 rounds. Every 13th pick would have to be a QB to get to chickenchit.

How in the hell are you going to use one of your top 3 picks to draft THAT guy??

griffin

--------------------

Paul Dallas

Loc: the corner of Bedlam & Squalor

#209822 - 11/01/10 07:51 AM

I don't pay much attention to college football, but I tuned in to this game to see what all the hype was about. That guy was SPOOKED. There wouldn't be anyone around and he would have all kinds of time, and he acted like he was about to hit from behind. And when he was in shotgun --- was I just imagining things or did it seem like he was far enough back to be punting?

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#209823 - 11/01/10 08:05 AM

You know the more I hear Griffin talk about this, the more I keep thinking "Jimmy Clausen"

ESPN 10/18/2010

After just three NFL starts and being pulled in week 5, Clausen was benched after completing 47 percent of his passes with one touchdown and three interceptions. Clausen also fumbled seven times, losing two, and had a 52.2 passer rating. [44]

last_stand

#209829 - 11/01/10 10:06 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
LS - somewhere you said that Gabbert was the 7th rated QB in the country. He's not in my book, but even if he is....that doesn't compute to being drafted in the first 3 rounds. Every 13th pick would have to be a QB to get to chickenchit.

griffin

It was a poll of 64 former Heismann winners...but wtf do they know.....they were probably poozy's at some point in their career too. bwaaaaaaaa

I said he was 7th THIS year in that poll...then I said I don't know how many in front of him are seniors.

If it's 6 seniors in front of him then theoretically he would be #1 next year. bwaaaaaaaaa.

All's I'm telling you knuckleheads is what professional people are sayin about the guy IF HE PROGRESSES. This is not difficult to grasp. I already said, right now I would not put money on him being a good nfl qb but at least I'll let his senior year play out before I would write him off.

Oh yeah, here's one more for you experts to chew on in the blind this year.....and I'll save you some time...look in ROUND 1...bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock/2012

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3246 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1317

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page