CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: Hey Griffin! [Re: last_stand]
      #209830 - 11/01/10 10:26 AM

After Nebraska exposed this guy for what he is....a guy with a strong arm who can't stand in the pocket, can't check down, and can't play against man to man coverage, it's really pointless to even have a conversation about it.

My guess is that 40 of the 64 former Heismann winners hadn't even seen the guy play, they just hear the hype. It's the same with most sportscasters on the National level....all of them repeat the same bullcrap and then try to convince the audience that what they are seeing is an abberation.

Here's the bottom line, Gabbert isn't even close to living up to the hype...but he is exactly who he has always been.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: Hey Griffin! [Re: griffin]
      #209834 - 11/01/10 12:44 PM

I am ready to wind this down myself. I'll say this and I know it is totally counter to your opinion but he could erase last weeks game from every ones mind next year. I give him 50/50 on really addressing his issues. He has the time, we will see.

Now regarding this Heisman thing, I saw a blurb in the Post about this last week and did not follow up to read the article...I went back when I had time and it was gone...anyway...I just found what I guessd I saw earlier...hell it is not even exclusive for qb's but apparently includes rb's too.

The link is below...he had jumped from 17 to 7 with the Oklahoma win (national game)....let's see how bad he falls in the next few days from the Nub loss.

http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: Hey Griffin! [Re: last_stand]
      #209836 - 11/01/10 01:12 PM

Since 1992 Heisman Trophy winners have struggled mightily in the NFL. Some have never played a down in the NFL. No Heisman Trophy winner since 1992 has won a Super Bowl, or been named conference, or NFL player of the year. Also, only four players have played in a Pro Bowl. Just two players have been named rookie of the year and taken All-Pro honors.

Eight of the seventy four Heisman Trophy winners are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame and four winners have also been named Most Valuable Player in a Super Bowl.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/112364-where-have-all-the-heisman-trophy-winners-gone-in-the-nfl

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

Whackattack

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Farmington, Mo

Re: Hey Griffin! [Re: H2ODOG]
      #209837 - 11/01/10 01:26 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Since 1992 Heisman Trophy winners have struggled mightily in the NFL. Some have never played a down in the NFL. No Heisman Trophy winner since 1992 has won a Super Bowl, or been named conference, or NFL player of the year. Also, only four players have played in a Pro Bowl. Just two players have been named rookie of the year and taken All-Pro honors.

Eight of the seventy four Heisman Trophy winners are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame and four winners have also been named Most Valuable Player in a Super Bowl.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/112364-where-have-all-the-heisman-trophy-winners-gone-in-the-nfl

Let's hope slinging Sammy Bradford can buck the trend.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
4 registered and 8133 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1314

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page