CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: Pujols not signed... [Re: last_stand]
      #213969 - 02/17/11 09:58 PM

Dude......I'm the guy who grew up at Cardinal baseball games and takes my kids to Grizzly games.

Seriously.....PISS ON MLB.....I don't know how I can make myself more clear. My children will grow up here in St. Louis. We have rode a sled at Art Hill, ate a custard at Ted Drew's, watched fireworks at the river front, and on and on.....we have yet to watch a ballgame at Busch Stadium....either of them....and we won't!!!!!

I'm sorry for that and hate it.....but seriously....FORK ALBERT AND THE REST OF MLB!!!!!!!!

I'll be back the day it doesn't cost my family of 5 $400.00 to watch ONE GAME and enjoy ourselves with some concessions and decent parking.

Oh yeah....and fork you too for even getting close to defending it!!!

Any other questions???

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: Pujols not signed... [Re: griffin]
      #213974 - 02/18/11 05:20 AM

I have been at a meeting all week in Jupiter FL....big news here yesterday was Albert reported in for camp even though he doesn't have a contract - news reporters all over him. His comments were even though he isn't signed he is appreciative of the organization giving him the opportunity to be a major leaguer 11 years ago and he was here to work with his team mates and get going.

Losely translated that means he is using the media to his advantage to give him the upper hand in the negotiations

Haven't seen him but did sit next to Coach Parcells at breakfast on Wednesday morning....he has lost about 75 pounds since I last saw him on television.

I think Pitbull will just go crazy when the Cubs sign Albert next week.

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#213976 - 02/18/11 06:48 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Dude......I'm the guy who grew up at Cardinal baseball games and takes my kids to Grizzly games.

Seriously.....PISS ON MLB.....I don't know how I can make myself more clear. My children will grow up here in St. Louis. We have rode a sled at Art Hill, ate a custard at Ted Drew's, watched fireworks at the river front, and on and on.....we have yet to watch a ballgame at Busch Stadium....either of them....and we won't!!!!!

I'm sorry for that and hate it.....but seriously....FORK ALBERT AND THE REST OF MLB!!!!!!!!

I'll be back the day it doesn't cost my family of 5 $400.00 to watch ONE GAME and enjoy ourselves with some concessions and decent parking.

Oh yeah....and fork you too for even getting close to defending it!!!

Any other questions???

griffin

Yeah here's one....who in the fork do you think LIKES the high price of ANYTHING? Hell I don't like the price of candy bars.

Name the industry...find the person who is at THE VERY TOP of that industry and let me know your thoughts on how much they make.

Take your kids to the movies? Top stars get 20-25 mil for what is often 4 months of work for what is often total garbage.

Do they listen to music? Holy chit Albert would have to get in a long line before his number would show up. Top stars Madonna, Bon Jovi, U2... took in MORE in a YEAR for what we're talkin about for AP's whole contract. And by the way, I stopped going to big concerts for big acts eons ago.

TV? How about a little Judge Judy? 45 mil per year sound about right? bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

And that's just the entertainment industry....check any you want and you won't like what you see at the top.

I ain't defending chit I have not been to new Busch but ONE time and been to old Busch ONE time since Arod signed off on $250 mil some 12 years ago.

But it hasn't changed anything that I can see....it's called reality. Sports stars continue to take the public beatings while all these other goofs and thousands more have people stepping up to pay them. I don't like it, it isn't what I want...it's just the way it is.

I still love the game .....I still want the Cards to win the Series every year.....I HATE all the money chit players/OWNERS alike.....but in the end I'd rather watch Albert than Judge Judy.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#213979 - 02/18/11 08:40 AM

Back to you , Boozer.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

duko™

Loc: east mo

Re: Pujols not signed... [Re: Bubba]
      #213981 - 02/18/11 09:21 AM

MMA fighters get the piss beat out of them for anywhere from 3k to 500k per fight, with the highest paid fighter making about 1.5 million per year.

I wish the highest paid ball player had to fight the highest paid MMA fighter once a year, and vice versa, the MMA fighter could compete in a homerun derby or whatever. Now wouldn't that be some great, humbling entertainment

duko

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#213982 - 02/18/11 09:25 AM

Quote:

griffin said:

I have never been to a MLB where it cost my family $400 to get in and out of there. Try half that......with beer every inning, and enough food and soda to keep my crew happy. Hell in Florida at The Ray's game we went to back to back nights, sat right on the field and enjoyed ourselves for under $400 for 2 games.

In 2008, the greatest group of all time....THE Dave Matthews Band had an average ticket price of $140 a TICKET.......really?????? REALLY!!!! What happened to the days when I could go see a concert for $15/ticket. Try gettin the average family of 5 into a DMB concert without breaking the bank. Good luck there. In 2009 DMB sold $60 MILLION worth of concert tickets.....and from 2000-2009 they sold $529 MILLION. HALF A BILLION DOLLARS WORTH of concert tickets. SERIOUSLY DAVE....you NEED that much money. You had to sell tickets for an outrageous price. You greedy bastard.

It is no different if you can hit a ball 400+ feet consitantly, throw a perfect TD pass at 50 yards.....or make the next super computer.....or sing songs for thousands of people. YOU WANT ALL THE MONEY YOU CAN GET. I'm not saying its right, but as long as people walk in a ballpark, a hockey arena, or a concert arena, or want the next greatest computer/cell phone......people are gonna get rich.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

Re: Pujols not signed... [Re: H2ODOG]
      #213983 - 02/18/11 09:51 AM

who is Dave Mathews? Isn't he that gay dude that mumbles all of his sleepy songs?

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

last_stand

Re: Pujols not signed... [Re: sptsman]
      #213990 - 02/18/11 03:13 PM

I dunno....but I do know griffin would never pay to see him....he a greedy one like AP.

--------------------

Paul Dallas

Loc: the corner of Bedlam & Squalor

#214042 - 02/20/11 08:33 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:

In 2008, the greatest group of all time....THE Dave Matthews Band had an average ticket price of $140 a TICKET.......really?????? REALLY!!!! What happened to the days when I could go see a concert for $15/ticket. Try gettin the average family of 5 into a DMB concert without breaking the bank. Good luck there. In 2009 DMB sold $60 MILLION worth of concert tickets.....and from 2000-2009 they sold $529 MILLION. HALF A BILLION DOLLARS WORTH of concert tickets. SERIOUSLY DAVE....you NEED that much money. You had to sell tickets for an outrageous price. You greedy bastard.

I guarantee you, Dave's personal gross after the band, the roadies, the stadium rentals, the cost of travel, the stage and lights --- it ain't anywhere near 30m per year, and it sure is hell isn't guaranteed to him for 10 years.

But backing up further, that part about the greatest band of all time . . .

That has gotta be the gayest band going. I thought he only appealed to muffy and buffy sorority chicks who like to smoke marijuana but not inhale it.

last_stand

Re: Pujols not signed... [Re: Paul Dallas]
      #214102 - 02/21/11 04:46 PM

Quote:

Paul Dallas said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:

I guarantee you, Dave's personal gross after the band, the roadies, the stadium rentals, the cost of travel, the stage and lights --- it ain't anywhere near 30m per year, and it sure is hell isn't guaranteed to him for 10 years.

But backing up further, that part about the greatest band of all time . . .

That has gotta be the gayest band going. I thought he only appealed to muffy and buffy sorority chicks who like to smoke marijuana but not inhale it.

Guarantee in cafe sports land? bwaaaaaaaaa!! I wanna see some details on that one!

If big Dave ain't gettin 30 points of the tour when it's all said and done he oughta fire somebody. And besides, that's touring only....throw in his music sales and see where he lands.

So there you have it.....raking in gazzilions and no where near the top of his industry. Hell....if he were a base ball player he'd be battin a buck fifty. bwaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#214107 - 02/21/11 08:30 PM

Actually, as a touring band....he's right at the top....a sellout is a sellout....it makes no difference how many CAN'T get in.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#214164 - 02/22/11 10:28 PM

For the past decade he IS the highest grossing touring band/singer He sold about $14M in record sales last year.

And Paul......you are right. Dave Matthews only made $28 Million last year. That's his cut. No where near the $30M you said he brings in. His estimated NET Worth in 2009 was $250 million. You dont make that kind of money at 5-8 million a year.

I found it funny that Dave Matthews some how "deserves" his $25-30M a year for moaning some songs and strumming a guitar, but Albert doesn't deserve it for bringing in Millions of bucks to a billionaire

--------------------

halfasmuch
action hero

Loc: Upper Oakville

#214169 - 02/23/11 06:05 AM

Griffin,

take the kids over to watch the grizzlies...your own lawn chair, let the kids run wild... bet you can make it for under a $100 if you limit your frosties to one per inning....

--------------------
The difference between genius and stupidity
is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein

Paul Dallas

Loc: the corner of Bedlam & Squalor

Re: Pujols not signed... [Re: halfasmuch]
      #214176 - 02/23/11 09:28 AM

Wainwright is out. Perfect example of why having $300 mill tied up in Sir Albert makes no sense. Its all about starting pitching boys, and if you don't have the flexibility in your payroll to go out and get it, well then you're just sniffing glue at a Dave Matthews concert with Muffy and Buffy.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#214179 - 02/23/11 10:08 AM

Halfie - my family attends 6 - 10 grizzly games per season....my kids love them, and they really enjoy sitting right at field level. It's nice to go to the concession stand, get 2 beers, 3 soft drinks, and hotdogs/popcorn/pretzel for everyone and spend about $30.00......the same thing costs $90.00 at Busch stadium.

If I didn't mention it.......fork MLB and Albert Pujols...my children will have no memories of either....congratulations MLB!!!

griffin

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#214194 - 02/23/11 03:39 PM

Quote:

Paul Dallas said:
Wainwright is out. Perfect example of why having $300 mill tied up in Sir Albert makes no sense. Its all about starting pitching boys, and if you don't have the flexibility in your payroll to go out and get it, well then you're just sniffing glue at a Dave Matthews concert with Muffy and Buffy.

You need to quit sniffing the gas fumes at the local Casey's. ANY quality starter worth paying money for has already been tied up well before spring training ever starts. You don't just go out and get starting pitching......it's not like you are going out for a gallon of milk and loaf of bread. They will have to find 3 pitchers to replace on Wainwright.........and those 3 won't cost chit either.

Plus the chance of a high dollar pitcher going down is greater than a position player. Pitching keeps you in the game, but when you have an offense that doesn't produce........you get the results Zac Greinke was used to.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3499 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1101

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page