CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Political Forum

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
halfasmuch
action hero

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Upper Oakville

Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary?
      #230832 - 08/01/12 06:03 AM

I have never voted Donkey in August.... A retired friend of the family has lost his mind and is running for state rep as a donkey... he has asked me to vote for him!

Do I do the friendly thing and deny Todd Akin his vote?

--------------------
The difference between genius and stupidity
is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ozark

Loc: out in the woods

Re: Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary? [Re: halfasmuch]
      #230841 - 08/01/12 08:29 AM

I've never voted for a Dem in my life and I never will. If I did, I'm afraid both of my grandpas and my dad would raise right up out of their graves and, well, it wouldn't be good.

The problem is, even if you like an individual Democrat politician, there's the party connection. They get in office and then they're beholden to the Democrat party, so they have to vote a certain way, hire certain people, throw some pork to certain backers, etc. So, even if your Democrat friend is a good guy personally, putting him in office makes his party stronger and the party is evil and working hard against everything you believe in. A vote for your friend helps Obama, Pelosi, et al. Yup.

I had a Democrat politician friend in CA and I was a partner in a printing business at the time. Through a couple of elections we did his campaign printing (and got paid well for it), attended his parties and drank his booze. I'm sure he thought I was voting for him but both times I voted for his Republican opponent and just didn't mention that part to him.

Nope. Don't do it.

67Firebird
Former political advocate

Loc: Russellville, Mo

Re: Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary? [Re: Ozark]
      #230842 - 08/01/12 08:56 AM

NO! Like Ozark said, I've never voted for a Democrat, and I never will. There is no justification for it.

Hellbender

Loc: Taney County

#230843 - 08/01/12 08:57 AM

I thought you had to be party registered to vote in the primary and were limited to that ballot?

--------------------
A government survey has shown that 91% of illegal immigrants come to this country so that they can see their own doctor.

halfasmuch
action hero

Re: Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary? [Re: Hellbender]
      #230845 - 08/01/12 09:35 AM

HB,

As I understand it .. all you have to declare is donkey or GOP upon entry... no registration required.....

you are given a donkey ballot or a GOP ballet/

--------------------
-Albert Einstein

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#230850 - 08/01/12 10:34 AM

There was a day when I would vote for a Dem, if I thought they were the better candidate. With the hyper-partisan ways of politicians and they way they vote in blocks, I think it would be damn hard to even vote for my brother, if he ran as a Dem...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

halfasmuch
action hero

Re: Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary? [Re: sptsman]
      #231059 - 08/08/12 09:53 AM

SO I get to the polling place ... still have my dilemma.. Joe's daughter is handing out flyers and tells me that he is running Unopposed.

That it made it ez, Got a GOP ballot and got to vote for AKIN!

and in a bit of irony... 3 GOPS handing out literature and Joe's daughter on the other side...

Joe was running Unopposed but daughter was handing out flyers/. His opponent to be on the GOP side was also UNopposed but also had a worker handing out flyers...

my guess is that these type of candidates just ride the wave... If Spence, Akin and ROmney win the state, Joe is chit out of luck and Haefner goes back to the state house.

--------------------
-Albert Einstein

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#231068 - 08/08/12 12:55 PM

Halfy

Primary voters,being "motivated" establish base levels of votes and might be looked at as the minimum level of support.

If you can find the vote totals in the last presidential election for your friends area, then you can establish a maximum.

However,I think the McCaskill race will set the tone this time-- not the one and done empty suit in the White House

halfasmuch
action hero

Re: Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary? [Re: wuchang]
      #231091 - 08/09/12 06:26 AM

Senator McGasket actually paid for Ads that said AKIN was TOO CONSERVATIVE.. Her campaign wanted him to win...they thought their best change for re-election was against him...

Now she will find out.

--------------------
-Albert Einstein

Nontypical

Reged: 12/16/05
Loc: Mid Missouri

#231146 - 08/10/12 06:10 PM

It is time for "AirClaire" to leave and quit livin the high life on our dime, let her do it on her hubby's money.
She was the deciding vote for "The unaffordable healthcare tax" and then spents months running her mouth about how "Missourians are just uninformed, when they understand it they will love this bill." Far as I'm concerned the greedy witch can cram all 2700 pages up her bunghole as she's leaving

I thought her ads against Akin were actually ads for Akin!

--------------------
Idiocracy shouldn't be a direction!

sptsman

Re: Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary? [Re: Nontypical]
      #231154 - 08/11/12 01:34 PM

The ads she was running were for Akin. She was helping him win the Primary. Apparently her camp thinks he is the best candidate for her to get re-elected. I guess we'll see...

Unless he steps on his pecker or gets caught with under-age girls, he's going to win this race by 10 points or more.

--------------------

Ozark

#231155 - 08/11/12 01:52 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Unless he steps on his pecker or gets caught with under-age girls, he's going to win this race by 10 points or more.

I've heard it's important for politicians to never get caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy - other than that, they can get away with most anything.

I think Steelman would have been a stronger candidate, but McCaskill's so awful I think Akin can beat her. Hope so, anyway.

Hellbender

Loc: Taney County

#231164 - 08/12/12 12:02 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
The ads she was running were for Akin. She was helping him win the Primary. Apparently her camp thinks he is the best candidate for her to get re-elected. I guess we'll see...

I agree. They were hitting Brunner also and I think they had something on Steelman that they were saving. I think because he has voted in congress they can nitpick and make him look as bad as she is, then they'll also stay on the vets bandwagon. The vets are her ticket, even though saying you want to help them is like saying you want to help kids. It's something that virtually no one is against.

--------------------
A government survey has shown that 91% of illegal immigrants come to this country so that they can see their own doctor.

Paul Dallas

Loc: the corner of Bedlam & Squalor

#231374 - 08/19/12 07:50 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:

uh . . . he just stepped on his pecker

duko™

Loc: east mo

Re: Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary? [Re: Paul Dallas]
      #231383 - 08/19/12 10:04 PM

Not really. At least not the way fat azz clair is making it seem. She come out and made a statement that TA had no compassion for rape victims. That is as far from the truth as she is a treadmill. I can't even see how his comment was really an insult. More of a medical opinion than anything.

All he said was that the human body has its own way of rejecting conception under traumatic conditions. He in no way berated a rape victim. That is just how that pork faced broad is trying to spin it.

It probably didn't help that he was being interviewed by that liberal puke headed mofo charles jaco. I bet he was foaming at the mouth after the interview was over waiting for his video editors to produce a smear ad.

duko

halfasmuch
action hero

Re: Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary? [Re: duko™]
      #231385 - 08/20/12 05:31 AM

Duko

Perception.. Perception... Tood just lost several Hundred THOUSAND votes...

Where is his campaign manager and why didn't he do a rebuttal interview TO McGAsket?

--------------------
-Albert Einstein

Ozark

#231394 - 08/20/12 08:33 AM

That's the trouble with nominating these ya-hoos from the "moral" end of the Republican Party. Instead of working toward what we need - a strong country run with a limited government and financial responsibility that affords its citizens a great deal of personal freedom, they want to legislate their religion on us.

Next thing ya know, they're wasting time worrying about school prayer, abortion, evolution being taught to kids, etc., etc. Hell, they'd outlaw alcohol if they could - they already tried that once.

AND - they make ridiculous statements (or seem to) during campaigns that their Democrat opponents can pounce on and distort. Best thing Akin could do is not say a word between now and the election, 'cause he's liable to say the earth is 4000 years old or come out against dancing, or something. He oughta just keep his mouth shut until November and let people vote AGAINST McCaskill. Yup.

duko™

#231397 - 08/20/12 09:38 AM

The abortion issue is old news anyway. Its a lose/lose question for any Conservative when they're being interviewed by a liberal journalist.

You're right. The best thing he could have done is said "next question", and hope that its about the economy.

Talk radio was full of dingbat women this morning calling in and saying that Aiken has no compassion for rape victims. Thats nonsense! That is just how the libs are trying to spin his comment. He may be off base and wrong about the physiology part of conception, but he never said anything that would lead you to believe he thinks its the fault of the victim.

duko

Paul Dallas

Loc: the corner of Bedlam & Squalor

Re: Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary? [Re: duko™]
      #231398 - 08/20/12 10:31 AM

Nothing there to spin -- and no way for him to say he misspoke. Good grief, how do you do damage control on those comments --- you can't! His own party is calling for him to step down, and he should. I'm predicting it will come by the end of the day.

Merry Christmas, Claire.

Forsythian

Loc: Nether Regions

#231402 - 08/20/12 12:03 PM

Quote:

Ozark said:
That's the trouble with nominating these ya-hoos from the "moral" end of the Republican Party. Instead of working toward what we need - a strong country run with a limited government and financial responsibility that affords its citizens a great deal of personal freedom, they want to legislate their religion on us.

Next thing ya know, they're wasting time worrying about school prayer, abortion, evolution being taught to kids, etc., etc. Hell, they'd outlaw alcohol if they could - they already tried that once.

AND - they make ridiculous statements (or seem to) during campaigns that their Democrat opponents can pounce on and distort. Best thing Akin could do is not say a word between now and the election, 'cause he's liable to say the earth is 4000 years old or come out against dancing, or something. He oughta just keep his mouth shut until November and let people vote AGAINST McCaskill. Yup.

Couldn't agree more... when are we gonna separate fiscal conservatism from this wackiness? Good effen' grief, what a complete dumass. I hope Mr. Dallas is right.

What we need right now is a Libertarian George Washington.

--------------------
Sweep the leg.

fish
senior member - literally

Loc: Kingdom of Callaway

Re: Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary? [Re: Forsythian]
      #231409 - 08/20/12 01:36 PM

Well the dems got Joe foot-in-mouth- Biden but what he sez gets reported as "Oh that's just good ole joe". Now Missouri has its Todd "I-really-stepped-in-it" Aiken w/ a 10 point lead over claire and his misspoke has created a national firestorm. However I agree his statement was totally stoopid and political suicide. McCowskil is doing a happy dance about now. Damn shame !!!

Aiken is doing a live radio interview on Hannity now.

sptsman

Re: Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary? [Re: fish]
      #231410 - 08/20/12 01:46 PM

This gaffe has far more legs nationally than it does in Missouri. I can't imagine it will cost him even one vote, much less the 100K halfy estimates. Who, in their right mind, is going to change their vote based on this? You didn't know exactly what he stood for and how he thought about abortion? The faux outrage and all of the calls that people aren't going to vote for him now are a joke. This will blow over in matter of days and he can get on with beating Claire by 10+ points in the election.

By the way, he was not my choice to run against her. If the GOP panics and forces him out, it won't hurt my feelings one bit. I am reasonable sure that any one of them could beat Claire in the general election anyway. Hard to imagine having a worse Senator than she has been...

--------------------

duko™

#231413 - 08/20/12 01:56 PM

Bear with me here, and maybe I'm just cold hearted, but I don't know what he said that was so bad?

Let me explain.

First, his accusations that a women's body can medically reject conception by rape may be totally wrong, however, how is that an insult or degrading to a rape victim? To me it just came off as him giving bad medical advice. If he would quote the source than I think that would take a lot of heat off him.

2. I took his comment about "legitimate rape" as meaning those women who are actually raped, not the ones who got drunk, consented, and then after waking up the next morning and feeling guilty cried rape. Like Naz's girlfriends... Instead, the media has spun it into something it's not, suggesting that Aiken doesn't consider it rape unless the woman gets pregnant.

I will admit he probably could have used a better choice of words other than "some punishment" when he was referring to the attacker, and then showed a bit more compassion for the victim.

Other than that I don't see what the big deal is. IMO, MCcaskill was quick enough to spin this into some kind of Aiken hatred for rape victims, and the media made it grow like wildfire.

duko

fish
senior member - literally

Loc: Kingdom of Callaway

#231414 - 08/20/12 02:02 PM

In the for what it is worth department... Hannity said, and not delicately, that he (Aiken) should seriously think about stepping down for the good of the party and as a political analyst thinks that that interview will heard for the next 79 days.

I agree but what do I know.

He also thinks that Romney can't win the w/o carrying MOMO land but what does he know.

halfasmuch
action hero

#231419 - 08/20/12 02:50 PM

I am not in favor of Akin stepping aside but he has to say something at this point! or go join one of those really really right wing groups holed up on Bull Shoals and leave political life all together....

Its not going to blow over on its own...

--------------------
-Albert Einstein

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 933 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Jaeger 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2135

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page