CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Political Forum

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Paul Dallas

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: the corner of Bedlam & Squalor

Re: Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary? [Re: duko™]
      #231420 - 08/20/12 03:00 PM

Quote:

duko™ said:
Bear with me here, and maybe I'm just cold hearted, but I don't know what he said that was so bad?

Let me explain.

First, his accusations that a women's body can medically reject conception by rape may be totally wrong, however, how is that an insult or degrading to a rape victim? To me it just came off as him giving bad medical advice. If he would quote the source than I think that would take a lot of heat off him.

2. I took his comment about "legitimate rape" as meaning those women who are actually raped, not the ones who got drunk, consented, and then after waking up the next morning and feeling guilty cried rape. Like Naz's girlfriends... Instead, the media has spun it into something it's not, suggesting that Aiken doesn't consider it rape unless the woman gets pregnant.

I will admit he probably could have used a better choice of words other than "some punishment" when he was referring to the attacker, and then showed a bit more compassion for the victim.

Other than that I don't see what the big deal is. IMO, MCcaskill was quick enough to spin this into some kind of Aiken hatred for rape victims, and the media made it grow like wildfire.

duko

I think your average 4th grader has a better grip on the birds and bees than this nutjob. And he's running for US Senate? He's been in office how long?? Thats what I found most offensive -- that someone we hold and trust to a pretty high and important office could be this scientifically and biology 101 clueless. Makes you wonder what other gaps in his education or critical thinking may still remain uncovered.

As for the "legitimate rape" comment, well he might as well have said that he believes many rapes are illegitimate, or without merit, or the girl is lying. Sounds a little too backwoods preacherman from the year 1806.

This interview will dog him the rest of his political days. Unless he steps down and they get him replaced pronto, unfortunately Claire will win again. She already has the urban votes, now she'll have the soccer moms and even old ladies will drive out to the polls in bad weather in force to see him lose based on this alone, issues be damned.

Edited by Paul Dallas (08/20/12 03:07 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DjF
little buddie

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: staring at an empty mailbox...

Re: Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary? [Re: Paul Dallas]
      #231425 - 08/20/12 04:38 PM

I think what he was referring to with "legitimate rape" is that rape victims in Missouri can get public funding to pay for an abortion...so, some claim to have been raped so as to get an abortion they can't afford or have no insurance to pay for...

He's stupid none the less...

--------------------
somewhere between "Hi, how can we help you?" and "Get off my lawn!"

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary? [Re: DjF]
      #231437 - 08/20/12 10:24 PM

Duko.....while you and I can agree on all of what you posted....you should have heard my normally right thinking buds today over lunch....Akin is dumb as a box of rocks....it's over.

I agree with Ozark.....if the GOP is going to hitch it's wagon to religious zealots.....again, it's over. I can't even get behind these nutjobs, and I don't ever remember voting for a single lib in any election for any post.

Claire is evil.....Akin is a moron. I can deal with evil...I hate stupid.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

RafeHollister

Loc: Webb City, MO

Current High Scores in:
Tetris
Re: Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary? [Re: griffin]
      #231445 - 08/21/12 07:55 AM

Bill Clinton is accused of rape or assault by a few different women and the donkeys circle the wagons around him. Akin says something stupid about rape and they call for his head. Ridiculous.

Nonetheless, I voted for Bruner and would be happy to see Akin bow out and Bruner step in.

--------------------
Both how I'm livin' and my nose is large.

rb.

Loc: mo

Re: Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary? [Re: RafeHollister]
      #231451 - 08/21/12 11:44 AM

All the moron had to say as an answer to the question he was asked was NO. He was trying to be too political with the answer and is not smart enough to pull it off. Everyone knows he is oppoesed to abortion in rape so NO would have been a non event.

Hellbender

Loc: Taney County

Re: Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary? [Re: rb.]
      #231467 - 08/22/12 10:08 AM

Akin should resign. He was weak from the start and Claires handlers knew it. All he had to do was keep quiet and talk about Washington, but like an idiot he gets drawn into the diversion and then makes a fool of himself. I didn't care that much for Steelman, but when I realized she was the one they were afraid of she got my vote.
Any candidate that is dumb enough to blow a sure fire thing by saying something ridiculous and ignorant doesn't deserve to be in the race.
It's too bad there isn't a 50% of the vote rule. Would be in a run off.

--------------------
A government survey has shown that 91% of illegal immigrants come to this country so that they can see their own doctor.

JaegerModerator

Loc: St. Louis

Re: Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary? [Re: Hellbender]
      #231649 - 08/29/12 06:30 PM

If you don't know where babies come from you can't be a senator.

--------------------
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Ozark

Loc: out in the woods

Re: Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary? [Re: Jaeger]
      #231654 - 08/30/12 08:41 AM

Akin needs to drop out of the race while there's still time to appoint another Republican candidate - otherwise McCaskill is gonna get re-elected, that's obvious.

Akin is an idiot for saying what he did, but the heck of it is that he's technically right. Son-in-law is a medical doctor and I talked it over with him. Sure enough, a real, (legitimate) violent rape seldom causes pregnancy. Pregnancy resulting from violent rape is possible, but hardly ever happens. The hormone levels and acidity present in the womb lining have to be just right and within a narrow range for a fertilized egg to attach and be nurtured. High stress, panic, violence, fighting, etc., throws the body chemistry 'way off so a woman's system won't begin a pregnancy. It's nature's way of seeing that if a baby is to be born, it's born into some kind of stable situation so the mother will have a chance to raise it.

Also, government-funded abortion has become the primary birth control method of many low-income women, especially blacks. As someone here already said, if they say they got raped Medicaid pays for the abortions - as many as 5 or 6 a year for some women, according to a nurse my daughter works with. All they've gotta do is say they got raped and government pays. Simple.

A side thought: Under sensible rules, Medicaid would require a copy of the police report of her rape that the woman made back when it happened. You know, a couple of months before she knew she was pregnant. Uh-huh. I can hear the liberals scream from here!

Akin is opposed to abortion anyway and he knows that the vast majority of women who get government-paid "rape" abortions are lying. That's what he was trying to say but it's something you CAN'T say without liberal women going batshit-crazy in today's political environment, and the Dems exploit that. He's a damn fool for saying it at all and for losing an election we could have won. He needs to drop out, NOW, 'cause somebody else could still beat McCaskill.

hillbilly

Reged: 12/27/05
Loc: Cedar County

Re: Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary? [Re: Ozark]
      #231658 - 08/30/12 02:05 PM

I think Jaeger had a post some time ago concerning when life starts. It was spot on and still applies, even with life from a rape. That is a choice a woman has to make. If I were a woman in this situation I guess you would have to call me a murderer too. I don't know if that is hypocrisy or just one of those really hard life choices that no one should have to make? I just don't know what to think about Akin, is he just stupid for his remark or standing up to his convictions?

Hellbender

Loc: Taney County

Re: Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary? [Re: hillbilly]
      #231710 - 09/01/12 01:23 PM

I wonder why the republican hierarchy who have shunned Akin didn't started a write in campaign for Steelman? If they had Akin might well have bailed, but now he's banking on them "coming around", rather then let McCaskill win.

--------------------
A government survey has shown that 91% of illegal immigrants come to this country so that they can see their own doctor.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1111 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Jaeger 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2140

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page