CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Restaurant and Recipe Forum >> The Smokers Pit

Pages: 1
hucklburry

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Daniel Boone's Neighborhood

Celebrating Columbus Day
      #233009 - 10/13/12 06:16 AM

Well I hear all this BS on the radio about people actually protesting Columbus Day. Columbus Day! Apparently he was a slave trader (in 1492, not that I condone slavery, but 500 years from now they will think very differently from us too), apprently he is single handedly responsible for the displacemnt/ruination of native Americans, and since he didn't make it to India like he planned, he is a complete failure.

I don't know if anyone else caught this vibe listening to the media last weekend??

Anyway, I decided to celebrate Columbus Day, even if a week late this year. He may have not been the first one to get here, he may have not meant to come here, but he got the credit for the last 500 years, good enough for me.

Started the smoker a little after 5 this morning, got 10# of pork sitting on it now, with chicken to make its way there after awhile.

Gonna have a bonfire tonight with friends and kids coming over. Beverages and smores.

I think I will have to make this an annual Columbus Day event.

Edited by hucklburry (10/13/12 11:01 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
redleg
Enzyte - one a day!

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Big Rock Candy Mountain

Re: Celebrating Columbus Day [Re: hucklburry]
      #233227 - 10/19/12 08:09 PM

Huck,,,,I can't even say what I wanna say,,,,but things aren't what they seem,,,I'm not stupid,,,I just play it off that way,,,,we don't owe anybody anything,,,I don't care of color or creed or who was here first,,,it don't matter,,,you owe it to yourself and your family,,,take pride in your life and do what ya got to do,,,that's what AMERICANS do,,,,folks just hangin round rapin the system,,,well I don't much care for freeloaders,,,we all got a chore to make this place work,,,,shouldn't none of it be free.

--------------------
A gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one, you'll prolly never need one again.

Edited by redleg (10/19/12 08:59 PM)

Scout 1
New order Amish - not be confused with Meninite!

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Where there are no ducks

Re: Celebrating Columbus Day [Re: redleg]
      #233233 - 10/20/12 08:01 AM

You're supposed to feel bad about being an American, you're supposed to question our heroes and successes to the point of destruction, and you're supposed to turn your back on our proud history and traditions.

Anything "American" that has tradition and national pride involved is under attack from lowlifes who would have us all go around acting like forkin Europeans, defeated and without any ambition or direction or really any identity even.

It's all part of the program to make America a third or fourth class country. Obama is one of the kingpins in this, the bastage. But he's by no means the only one, nor the leader of the effort. I don't think he could lead a Weight Watchers club raid on a donut shop.

redleg
Enzyte - one a day!

Loc: Big Rock Candy Mountain

Re: Celebrating Columbus Day *DELETED* [Re: Scout 1]
      #233451 - 10/28/12 07:29 AM

Post deleted by redleg

--------------------
A gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one, you'll prolly never need one again.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: Celebrating Columbus Day [Re: redleg]
      #233813 - 11/15/12 10:57 PM

Quote:

redleg said:
Scott,,,,Our current President has nnever gone to Isreal one of our strongest allies,,,he has instead visited a bunch of musslim countries(without his wife,,,,that is a no no for musslim leaders,,don't bring the girls) As for the musslims that have attacked and killed our soldiers,,our current Pres wants them tried in any court other than a military court ,,,,why,,,,because if found guilty and sentenced to death,,,He would have to sign the death warrant,,,no musslim senetences another musslim to death,,,where was He on the national day of prayer????I don't know either,,,but he didn't show....
Americans are in a tite spot now,,,lead by a musslim,,,fighting musslim countries,,countries that have nothing,,virtually nothing to live for,death to them comes easy,,heck I reckon for some it's a way out,,,how do you fight the walking dead? (Remember we gotta play by the rules,,They don't) And all the time this is going on our country is being lead by one of their puppets. And when you wake in the morning,,,there will be more that have moved to our shores,,,yes some with good intentions,,and I wish them well,,,but their will be others with nothing but hatred for the US,,just lurking,learning,plotting,,,,That's what makes the battle so tuff,,,we open our country to the very ones that want to destroy it,,,but That is what makes us American,,The very idea that people should be free,,,,Kinda of a catch 22.................

It's over.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1463

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page