CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Main Forum >> Waterfowl

Pages: 1
Scout 1
New order Amish - not be confused with Meninite!

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Where there are no ducks

MDC: Richmond Gator "Not Ours"
      #235576 - 01/24/13 07:12 PM

JEFFERSON CITY, MO (AP) -- Missouri Department of Conservation was quick to deny any connection to a four-foot alligator found in the Missouri River near Richmond on Saturday.

A highly-paid MDC spokesman said the critter was "most likely a young male that wandered into Missouri from South Dakota." That state has an over-abundance of rogue alligators that sometimes follow schools of silver carp down the Missouri River and its tributaries, he said.

"Alligators are highly territorial, especially the males, and younger males are simply forced to look for other places to live," he pointed out. "Studies show alligators can travel up to 80 miles in a single day. At that rate, one could go from the swamps around Rapid City to, just for instance, Richmond, MO., in a matter of 10 days or so."

MDC receives hundreds of alligator sighting reports from the public, but none of these is ever actually a gator, the spokesman said. "Usually these are either bobcats or clusters of armadilloes, which often form into large masses during mating season and somewhat resemble an alligator."

If anyone in Missouri ever did encounter a gator, they should "avoid eye contact and never carry cash." And if charged by an alligator, to make themselves "appear as large as possible OR assume the fetal position."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DuckMeRunnin

Reged: 12/17/05
Loc: Missouri

Re: MDC: Richmond Gator "Not Ours" [Re: Scout 1]
      #235578 - 01/24/13 07:20 PM

Perfect !!!

Deadeye

Loc: Perry,Clarksville,Hillsboro Ca...

#235579 - 01/24/13 07:22 PM

From were?

--------------------
Jig & Ellie are my green headed corn grinder finders

Scout 1

Re: MDC: Richmond Gator "Not Ours" [Re: DuckMeRunnin]
      #235580 - 01/24/13 07:29 PM

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) -- In a move the agency said is unrelated, the Missouri Department of Conservation today announced it would begin requiring a $2 Alligator, Crocodile and Caiman Permit.

A highly-paid spokesman said the new license is necessary, based on skyrocketing interest in hunting and fishing for gators, particularly during the Spring Reptile Conservation Order Season.

A growing number of outfitters now offer the spring gator hunting during peak northward migration periods. Hundreds and sometimes thousands of gator decoys and recorded gator bellowing are key features in bringing the reptiles into the range of unplugged gator guns.

Revenues from the permits will pay for MDC gator research, and to help fund new bike trails around Jefferson City.

--30--

swampy
stirrer of chit

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Valhalla

#235581 - 01/24/13 07:54 PM

I tried to buy a permit but was not able to since I did not have a permit to buy the permit at the permit sales site. It said "YOU are not PERMITTED"

--------------------
Honorary VP 10/90 deer club

67Firebird
Former political advocate

Loc: Russellville, Mo

Re: MDC: Richmond Gator "Not Ours" [Re: swampy]
      #235584 - 01/24/13 08:56 PM

DjF
little buddie

Loc: staring at an empty mailbox...

Re: MDC: Richmond Gator "Not Ours" [Re: 67Firebird]
      #235585 - 01/24/13 09:31 PM

if you are permitted to get a permit and take a gator, and with said gator with said permit, make a pair of boots, do you have to keep the permit with boots while wearing the gator boots?

--------------------
somewhere between "Hi, how can we help you?" and "Get off my lawn!"

SwampFox

Loc: Mid Mo

#235587 - 01/24/13 10:24 PM

Quote:

Scout 1 said:
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) -- In a move the agency said is unrelated, the Missouri Department of Conservation today announced it would begin requiring a $2 Alligator, Crocodile and Caiman Permit.

A highly-paid spokesman said the new license is necessary, based on skyrocketing interest in hunting and fishing for gators, particularly during the Spring Reptile Conservation Order Season.

A growing number of outfitters now offer the spring gator hunting during peak northward migration periods. Hundreds and sometimes thousands of gator decoys and recorded gator bellowing are key features in bringing the reptiles into the range of unplugged gator guns.

Revenues from the permits will pay for MDC gator research, and to help fund new bike trails around Jefferson City.

--30--

--------------------
"Being deeply learned and skilled, being well trained and using well spoken words; this is good luck."

foots
the exterminator

Loc: by my spiritual advisor, Wu

Re: MDC: Richmond Gator "Not Ours" [Re: DjF]
      #235592 - 01/25/13 04:20 AM

Quote:

DjF said:
if you are permitted to get a permit and take a gator, and with said gator with said permit, make a pair of boots, do you have to keep the permit with boots while wearing the gator boots?

Yes. The permit must be firmly attached to the right boot no lower than 6" off the bottom of the heel. The use of a red plastic waterproof bag (provided by MDC) is encouraged.

--------------------
I was born kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I have no problem goin out the same way.

halfasmuch
action hero

Loc: Upper Oakville

Re: MDC: Richmond Gator "Not Ours" [Re: foots]
      #235594 - 01/25/13 06:13 AM

I heard it 5th hand from Jayhawk's MDC connection that we traded Hellbenders for it. Now that they got the St Louis Zoo to manually mate the water lizards in the basement of the reptile house, they are being overrun ..

Hellbenders are now expected to transition from "protected status" to "bait" by 2015...

--------------------
The difference between genius and stupidity
is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein

Scout 1

Re: MDC: Richmond Gator "Not Ours" [Re: swampy]
      #235596 - 01/25/13 06:23 AM

Quote:

swampy said:
I tried to buy a permit but was not able to since I did not have a permit to buy the permit at the permit sales site. It said "YOU are not PERMITTED"

Ya didn't follow the MDC's Proper Permit Procedure™ program...

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) -- All $2 Gator Permits are being issued through the department's latest breakthru in permit-issuing technology, known as "Whatta Croc."

Eligible gator getters can log onto the MDC Whatta Croc website 2x every week and request access to prime gator shooting areas, using its patented DAPLR system: Designated Alligator Parking Lot Radar.

DAPLR radar offers real-time views of all Approved MDC Gravel Parking Lots having 1 or more legal-sized alligators within 75 yards. DAPLR also shows the ambient air temperature at the MDC parking lot.

A highly-paid spokesman said, "Our extensive surveying and Staged Listening Events around Missouri show a strong hunter preference for the following:
* Overnight low temperatures above 65 degrees
* Early migration timing, to allow a good mixed bag of
early-migators like bluewing crocs and Northern caimans
* Moist soil environment, including favorable C ockleburr
density

Hunters enter their Gator, Croc and Caiman Permit Application number (available exclusively at Walmart) into the Whatta Croc site, and later receive one of the MDC's patented "Fork Off, U Weren't Drawn" messages via email.

"Only one hunter will actually get drawn to hunt under our Whatta Croc system," the spokesman said. "This lucky hunter will be pre-screened for specific MDC favorable criteria like leftist political party, sexual deviancy, and recent useage of bike trails or nature centers."

He added, "We think hunters will love Whatta Croc. It affords the illusion of "opportunity" to possibly maybe have a chance to actually have an authentic, uncrowded Hunt-Like Experience® at a safe, convenient, warm MDC-owned property."

The MDC states that a majority of potential gator gunners are in favor of Whatta Croc, based on its exclusive Missouri Conservationist-Pravda double-secret probation opinion polls.

--30--

flocked

Reged: 12/16/06
Loc: missouri

#235597 - 01/25/13 07:06 AM

what permit do i need to feed geese to them

triton

Loc: ??????????????

Re: MDC: Richmond Gator "Not Ours" [Re: flocked]
      #235599 - 01/25/13 07:17 AM

Will this attached permit be plastic or copied on a piece of regular typing paper

--------------------
Roger Clemen's wife's personal trainer

Burrhead

Loc: Just north of Bugtussle

#235600 - 01/25/13 08:06 AM

Quote:

Scout 1 said:

Ya didn't follow the MDC's Proper Permit Procedure™ program...

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) -- All $2 Gator Permits are being issued through the department's latest breakthru in permit-issuing technology, known as "Whatta Croc"

--------------------
Somebody has to walk the point.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: MDC: Richmond Gator "Not Ours" [Re: Burrhead]
      #235603 - 01/25/13 10:41 AM

An instant Classic!

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

halfasmuch
action hero

Loc: Upper Oakville

Re: MDC: Richmond Gator "Not Ours" [Re: IIFID]
      #235605 - 01/25/13 11:04 AM

does Dawg have preference points cause he wears CROCS in duck killin pics?

--------------------
The difference between genius and stupidity
is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein

foots
the exterminator

Loc: by my spiritual advisor, Wu

Re: MDC: Richmond Gator "Not Ours" [Re: IIFID]
      #235607 - 01/25/13 11:23 AM

They got a Quick Croc draw system in place yet?

--------------------
I was born kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I have no problem goin out the same way.

countryside

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Edina mo

Re: MDC: Richmond Gator "Not Ours" [Re: foots]
      #235611 - 01/25/13 12:46 PM

What about landowner permits. I have 200 acres of prime marsh in Knox county. Haven't seen any alligators yet but that might explain the lack of muskrats and beaver the last 2 years. Also might explain the lack of ducks.

--------------------
"Wiskey for me beer for my labs."

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 539 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1385

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page