CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
sptsman

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Missouri

Re: 2014 Saint Louis Blues - Stanley Cup Champs ! [Re: griffin]
      #244618 - 06/06/14 07:25 AM

After watching the LA/Chi series and the first game of the Cup Finals, I have come to the conclusion that the Blues simply don't have the right make-up to make to the Finals, much less win it (actually, I came to this conclusion after the Chicago choke-job series). This is a war of attrition and the teams with the right combination of size, speed, skill, toughness/grit, experience and smarts are going to make it.

This Blues team as a lot of skill but lacks seriously in other areas. They need to acquire a top line scorer with serious grit. Preferably one that can stay healthy, out of the penalty box, lead his team when leadership is needed and leave stray dogs to the dog catchers...

Oh, and if Tarasenko isn't the Captain next season, this team will suffer the same fate as it did in the last several playoffs. The guy is a leader and it will free up more time for the old Captain to round up stray animals.

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: 2014 Saint Louis Blues - Stanley Cup Champs ! [Re: sptsman]
      #244626 - 06/06/14 11:14 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
After watching the LA/Chi series and the first game of the Cup Finals, I have come to the conclusion that the Blues simply don't have the right make-up to make to the Finals, much less win it (actually, I came to this conclusion after the Chicago choke-job series). This is a war of attrition and the teams with the right combination of size, speed, skill, toughness/grit, experience and smarts are going to make it.

This Blues team as a lot of skill but lacks seriously in other areas. They need to acquire a top line scorer with serious grit. Preferably one that can stay healthy, out of the penalty box, lead his team when leadership is needed and leave stray dogs to the dog catchers...

Oh, and if Tarasenko isn't the Captain next season, this team will suffer the same fate as it did in the last several playoffs. The guy is a leader and it will free up more time for the old Captain to round up stray animals.

Since you are obviously obsessed with this insane notion, you should just start up a write in campaign to replace Backes as captain.

Start with the soft underbelly....get your wife and kids to sign up. Then, with this momentum, go to friends and extended family. Then on to the various hockey boards where.....oh hell I'll let you find out for yourself.....if even then it can actually sink in.

bwaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1300 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 25169

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page