CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)
sptsman

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Missouri

Re: 2014 Saint Louis Blues - Stanley Cup Champs ! [Re: griffin]
      #242863 - 03/01/14 10:20 AM

I am happy to see both go. I have not been this giddy about a trade, in a loooong time. Giddy, I tell ya, giddy!!

Stewart is a head case. He has as much talent as anyone in the league and pouts like a grade-schooler when he doesn't get enough playing time, gets demoted to a 3rd or 4th line or just doesn't like the way things are. He is consistently inconsistent. You can't have guys like that on your team, if you're going to make a serious run. Everybody needs to be "all-in" and he wasn't. The Blues lose a problem child and his $4+ million salary for next year. This was addition by subtraction, if nothing else...

I feel bad for Halak but he just didn't do it. He was given the role and simply didn't answer the bell. Gotta hope Miller is up to the task. All indications are the he will be.

Now the Blues just need to remember how to score goals.

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: 2014 Saint Louis Blues - Stanley Cup Champs ! [Re: sptsman]
      #242866 - 03/01/14 12:05 PM

Oshie and Backes have now played 4 straight games without their team scoring a goal.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

sptsman

#242867 - 03/01/14 01:49 PM

But Backes brought home all the stray dogs he could from Russia... I told you he was stupid.

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#242871 - 03/01/14 03:28 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
But Backes brought home all the stray dogs he could from Russia... I told you he was stupid.

damn........

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#242872 - 03/01/14 06:04 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:

BWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAA!!!

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#242877 - 03/02/14 05:41 AM

Ya'll laughin at the captain who stood up and fought for Tarasenko the first night Stewie was gone?

Dumb forkin joke anyway. bwaaaaaaaaaa

DA ships out two of his big trade players he brought here. Ouch. Ship out the kids and send me the adults.

I just hope this is the deal to end the ridiculous black goalie hole that's existed in this town for so many years. At 33 years, Miller recognizes what's at stake too. However, make no mistake....I hope he likes pressure.

I can only assume they wanted to give up the #1 pick over sending them Rattie and got their way. And Jaskin was never on the table.....that guy is going to be a great payer starting very soon.

Ott for Stewie? In this Conference? Thank you Doug.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2014 Saint Louis Blues - Stanley Cup Champs ! [Re: last_stand]
      #242880 - 03/02/14 09:24 AM

Then again, we DID just trade the goalie from the best team in hockey for the goalie of the worst team in hockey. I know you goalie haters are happy.

griffin

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#242896 - 03/02/14 11:25 PM

Game one of the Miller era had me very nervous. Once they scored once though they looked like a different team.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

last_stand

#242915 - 03/04/14 05:54 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Then again, we DID just trade the goalie from the best team in hockey for the goalie of the worst team in hockey. I know you goalie haters are happy.

griffin

Uh huh. And with that logic the Blues should slide and the Sabres should glide. Good luck with that.

This isn't about team and it's not about stats. It IS about making the plays expected and then a few game savers thrown in. We'll see if Miller can do that because Halak sure as hell could not.

Go Blue!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#242917 - 03/04/14 08:31 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

Uh huh. And with that logic the Blues should slide and the Sabres should glide. Good luck with that.

This isn't about team and it's not about stats. It IS about making the plays expected and then a few game savers thrown in. We'll see if Miller can do that because Halak sure as hell could not.

Go Blue!

Hey, at least it give you haters a scapegoat.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#242919 - 03/04/14 09:52 AM

hey..........if that trade did anything it got you off the hook.... big time..... supporting the sleeping midget.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaa

Now back to regular programming:

"How the Blues might still have a chance to win the Cup with a real goalie"

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#242922 - 03/04/14 09:55 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
hey..........if that trade did anything it got you off the hook.... big time..... supporting the sleeping midget.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaa

What? Andy's not that short.

griffin

--------------------

sptsman

#242944 - 03/05/14 06:36 AM

Can you imagine how good this team would be if they played like they did in the 3rd period Sunday night and the last 2 periods last night, all of the time? I honestly don't think these guys understand what they have here, at least not the younger ones. I'm sure guys like Ott and Jackman do. They've been around long enough and understand what good and bad teams look like in the NHL. But the younger guns and dumb guys like Backes ( ) probably can't really grasp just how special this team can be. Hitchcock has to find a way to get these guys to turn it on for 60 mins, every game. The 1/2 period or full period lapses are about the only weaknesses left on this team.

Pretty special stuff when all you have to biatch about is the Captain's low IQ (still can't believe he brought home stray dogs from Russia) and a few spells of less than 100% performance. Especially when the Captain is still a great player and the team is good enough to overcome the lapses...

Oshie's short handed goal last night was sick. And Steen's backhander in traffic was pretty darn good as well. Fun game to watch...

Go Blues!!

--------------------

last_stand

#242948 - 03/05/14 01:01 PM

Do you even watch these games or do you just read about them and then make stuff up??

Jax was hardly stellar. But so glad he understands the importance of it all. Good grief.

I'm sure no one told you Backes had the 2 assists, +2 on ice and 3 big hits. Next time you actually watch a game....and see Backes slacking....please by all means point it out in the am.

This should be good. Can't wait for more heady reports from your living room.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#242949 - 03/05/14 01:44 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Can you imagine how good this team would be if they played like they did in the 3rd period Sunday night and the last 2 periods last night, all of the time? I honestly don't think these guys understand what they have here, at least not the younger ones. I'm sure guys like Ott and Jackman do. They've been around long enough and understand what good and bad teams look like in the NHL. But the younger guns and dumb guys like Backes ( ) probably can't really grasp just how special this team can be. Hitchcock has to find a way to get these guys to turn it on for 60 mins, every game. The 1/2 period or full period lapses are about the only weaknesses left on this team.

Pretty special stuff when all you have to biatch about is the Captain's low IQ (still can't believe he brought home stray dogs from Russia) and a few spells of less than 100% performance. Especially when the Captain is still a great player and the team is good enough to overcome the lapses...

Oshie's short handed goal last night was sick. And Steen's backhander in traffic was pretty darn good as well. Fun game to watch...

Go Blues!!

LOL - last week it would have been "we can't spot the good teams two goals like we did this game just because our goalies let in soft goals due to their bad position in the net. This team needs a strong netminder and a winger who can grind".

I'll say this.....from all the flopping around the defense was doing, ya'll must have A LOT more confidence in Miller than they do.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#242958 - 03/05/14 06:44 PM

Miller gave up 2 goals on 17 shots. Both goals early in the game. One was unstoppable, the other...maybe should have had it.

But then the goals stopped.

That's all he has to do. NEITHER OF THE GOALS GIVEN UP WERE SOFT OR BAD. Team knows this. Team knows they are still in it. Team plays hard.

Look at Bishop, one of the top goalies in the league. He, too, "could have" stopped 2 of the Blues goals. But his mates still know he's a good goalie.

Doug Armstrong was the last guy in the world who wanted to ship Halak out. He brought him here. He had to be hit on the head with a 2X4 for 2 years time before he finally had to admit what a lot of people said they knew. And it took a trade deadline to do it.

Miller is still considered a top 5 goalie right now at 33. Whether he plays up to that for us this Spring, I don't know. What I do know is that he will play better than Halak down this stretch and into the playoffs. The Blues will play harder in front of him as well. And that's what DA finally concluded too.

So we all agree how much better this team was before the trade than last year at this time. Schwartz, Senko both jumping out with 20 goal seasons so far. Backes, Steen and Oshie waaay ahead of last years offensive production. Lappy and Morrow adding the hard nosed play we need in this conference. Jbo and Petro geling in their second year together.

But THAT TRADE has been made. Time to end the nonsense. Are you gonna sit at your keyboard and bang out the letters telling me that you would prefer Halak over Miller? I say I say...freaking HALAK over MILLER????

Good god........don't go there....I got my hands full already dealing with one knucklehead who doesn't know the difference of a puck from a buffalo chip.

--------------------

last_stand

#242961 - 03/05/14 06:58 PM

Halak to the Capitals.

The East can only be better for him.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#242962 - 03/05/14 07:33 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Miller gave up 2 goals on 17 shots. Both goals early in the game. One was unstoppable, the other...maybe should have had it.

But then the goals stopped.

That's all he has to do. NEITHER OF THE GOALS GIVEN UP WERE SOFT OR BAD. Team knows this. Team knows they are still in it. Team plays hard.

Look at Bishop, one of the top goalies in the league. He, too, "could have" stopped 2 of the Blues goals. But his mates still know he's a good goalie.

Doug Armstrong was the last guy in the world who wanted to ship Halak out. He brought him here. He had to be hit on the head with a 2X4 for 2 years time before he finally had to admit what a lot of people said they knew. And it took a trade deadline to do it.

Miller is still considered a top 5 goalie right now at 33. Whether he plays up to that for us this Spring, I don't know. What I do know is that he will play better than Halak down this stretch and into the playoffs. The Blues will play harder in front of him as well. And that's what DA finally concluded too.

So we all agree how much better this team was before the trade than last year at this time. Schwartz, Senko both jumping out with 20 goal seasons so far. Backes, Steen and Oshie waaay ahead of last years offensive production. Lappy and Morrow adding the hard nosed play we need in this conference. Jbo and Petro geling in their second year together.

But THAT TRADE has been made. Time to end the nonsense. Are you gonna sit at your keyboard and bang out the letters telling me that you would prefer Halak over Miller? I say I say...freaking HALAK over MILLER????

Good god........don't go there....I got my hands full already dealing with one knucklehead who doesn't know the difference of a puck from a buffalo chip.

I am not a Miller fan. I AM a Halak fan. I AM an Elliot fan. I was fine with Halak and Elliot. They were part of a team that has been in the top 3 of fewest goals allowed all season. I don't believe in messing with that kind of success.

Ryan Miller is a pompous ass. I don't like him. I'm not going to start liking him. Fork Miller.

griffin

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#242968 - 03/05/14 08:07 PM

ditto...

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

last_stand

#242976 - 03/06/14 05:08 AM

Quote:

Ryan Miller is a pompous ass. I don't like him. I'm not going to start liking him. Fork Miller.

griffin

Of course there are some things wrong with him. He's a friggen GOALIE.

--------------------

last_stand

Re: 2014 Saint Louis Blues - Stanley Cup Champs ! [Re: Bubba]
      #242977 - 03/06/14 05:10 AM

Quote:

Bubba said:
ditto...

That there's a good one Bubba.
bwaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

sptsman

#242987 - 03/06/14 08:48 AM

Quote:

griffin said:Ryan Miller is a pompous ass. I don't like him. I'm not going to start liking him. Fork Miller.

griffin

Brett Hull was the most pompous ass to ever wear the note. Were you able to get on baord when he was pumping in 50+ goals?

Man, I still can't believe Backes brought stray dogs back from Russia. Were the souvenir shops all depleted? WTF was that all about? I mean, really, last stand, doesn't that at least make you scratch your head a just a little? Stray dogs? From forkin' Russia? Jeeze, we have plenty of stray dogs right here in STL, don't we?

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#242990 - 03/06/14 09:18 AM

Brett Hull was funny......Ryan Miller is an azzhole.

Besides, Ryan Miller is no Brett Hull. In fact, He's no Yaraslov Halak either. Halak's regular season AND playoff GAA and SV% is better than Miller's.

Fork Miller.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#242993 - 03/06/14 09:53 AM

What's the "pompous" thing about anyway? I guess I'm behind the times on Ryan Miller.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#242995 - 03/06/14 11:56 AM

So we are ignoring the really important thing - Griff how is Miller's footwork?

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1133 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 25169

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page