CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Product Reviews

Pages: 1
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

It's been.........
      #239759 - 09/09/13 04:50 PM

....6 weeks since I've had a smoke. This after 40 years of smoking. Dam do i luv to smoke.

Any way, I am hitting the E-Cig 3 times a day. Morning, noon and, of course, with my evening highball or brewski. 4-5 pops, that's one cig a week.

It's a nice jolt of nicotine vapor. Might stay on it, might drop it too but no doubt it has been a big help in stopping the tobacco habit for me.

If any of ya are thinking about stopping all I can say is no way ya'll are hooked worse than I was. No way. I haven't quit, won't say that until a few years have passed, but give the E cig a try, it can't hurt.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sptsman

Loc: Missouri

Re: It's been......... [Re: last_stand]
      #239797 - 09/12/13 07:58 AM

Congrats last stand!!! I have never been a smoker, so I am the worst person in the world to discuss it with. I have the simple-minded approach that you just quit... Not so easy eh?

I work with a gal for 10 years now. She has quit 5 times that I know of and two of those were for over 6 months. Once for almost a year. She just stepped out on the fire escape for one of her dozen smokes during the work day. Her mother and father were heavy smokers. Her mom died of heart disease and ultimately cancer 20+ years ago. Her dad died of his 2nd bout with lung cancer about 5 years ago. She just got back from the Dr. yesterday with high blood pressure and is starting to take meds for it. She's only 43 years-old!!!! How's that for an example of how addictive it is?

Stay strong and do whatever it takes. It can't just be me and Bubba on the sports forum...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

Deadeye

Loc: Perry,Clarksville,Hillsboro Ca...

#239800 - 09/12/13 09:36 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
....6 weeks since I've had a smoke. This after 40 years of smoking. Dam do i luv to smoke.

Any way, I am hitting the E-Cig 3 times a day. Morning, noon and, of course, with my evening highball or brewski. 4-5 pops, that's one cig a week.

It's a nice jolt of nicotine vapor. Might stay on it, might drop it too but no doubt it has been a big help in stopping the tobacco habit for me.

If any of ya are thinking about stopping all I can say is no way ya'll are hooked worse than I was. No way. I haven't quit, won't say that until a few years have passed, but give the E cig a try, it can't hurt.

Your buddy Darryl is on the electric smoke but after a couple of beers hes back to the pack.

--------------------
Jig & Ellie are my green headed corn grinder finders

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: It's been......... [Re: sptsman]
      #239806 - 09/12/13 05:03 PM

Yeah , LAst Stand stick around a while...I like you mopping the floor with Spirtsman...

Congrats on quitting or trying too. My wife has never smoked one in her life but she has been diagnosed with COPD. The Dr figures it was from second hand smoke from both her parents.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

last_stand

Re: It's been......... [Re: Bubba]
      #239815 - 09/13/13 07:32 PM

Appreciate the comments. After 40 years it's hard to imagine a benefit to quitting but my doc says hail yes there is.

Anyway nuthing worse than a "hey you should quit" deal from a guy like me I just wanted to let anyone know these e cigs can be used to make a good run at stopping. That and also I have told myself if I make to 75 I'm firing up again. Fork it that's old enough anyway.

Bubba sorry to hear about your wife, I hope she's going to be ok. Or better than just ok.

And John not surprised about Daryl. He's worse off than a mexican jumping bean. bwaaaaaaaa ask him if he's as stupid as I am and has to go another 10 years to figure it out.

--------------------

Ozark

Loc: out in the woods

#240163 - 10/02/13 03:45 PM

Congrats, last stand, if you're still quit - and if not congratulations anyway for the effort, and try again. I quit about five times before I finally quit!

I love tobacco in all its forms - I smoked cigarettes, pipes, and cigars for 17 years then switched over to dippin'. I dipped Copenhagen and Red Man for 30 more years and the only times I didn't have my lip full was when I was eating or sleeping - and sometimes I did then. I never spit either, I just swallowed that chit.

Finally, I quit completely 2 years ago. No special reason, except I'd turned 65 and how many tobacco users get to be much older than that? I had a tough time quitting and ended up going to the doctor a couple of months later, not realizing that all the weird symptoms I was having were from nicotine withdrawal.

It all smoothed out, though, and I feel better. My blood pressure got better, too. I still love tobacco and sometimes catch myself standing downwind of a smoker on purpose. I'm not gonna start again though - maybe I'll smoke ONE big seegar to celebrate turning 75 if I make it that long.

Hang in there, you'll be glad you did.

redleg
Enzyte - one a day!

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Big Rock Candy Mountain

Re: It's been......... [Re: Ozark]
      #240240 - 10/05/13 11:39 AM

Hopin I smoked my last one Thurs nite....Don't much mind drinkin a beer without em,,,,but that first cup of coffee is a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaatchhhhh

--------------------
A gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one, you'll prolly never need one again.

last_stand

Re: It's been......... [Re: redleg]
      #240595 - 10/21/13 02:22 PM

Just checked back on this thread.

Ozark you don't need the e cigs. After two years you are finally done. Congrats!

Red good luck. If you need expert advice on a shot of nicotine vapor give me a pm.
bwaaaaaaaa

--------------------

foots
the exterminator

Loc: by my spiritual advisor, Wu

#240596 - 10/21/13 04:14 PM

Bunch a forkin quitters.

--------------------
I was born kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I have no problem goin out the same way.

DuckMeRunnin

Reged: 12/17/05
Loc: Missouri

Re: It's been......... [Re: foots]
      #240598 - 10/21/13 05:58 PM

They're lettin' down they're immune system, right Foots ?

foots
the exterminator

Loc: by my spiritual advisor, Wu

Re: It's been......... [Re: DuckMeRunnin]
      #240604 - 10/21/13 08:15 PM

Quote:

DuckMeRunnin said:
They're lettin' down they're immune system, right Foots ?

Exactly!

--------------------
I was born kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I have no problem goin out the same way.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Original_Al 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 811

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page