CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)
MelModerator

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Excelsior Springs, MO

Re: The O'Fischial 2014 Royals bet thread [Re: IIFID]
      #245876 - 08/31/14 09:52 AM

Quote:

IIFID said:
How the hell do you have 9 hits and 9 walks and only score two runs????

By leaving 16 men on base. If KC ever learns to quit striking out on balls outside in the dirt more runs might score. Butler and Perez both did just that in the 1st with the bases loaded. A couple of others did the same thing later in the game.

BTW, looks like my 92 games won hope won't come to pass. Still hanging on to the 90 prediction right now.

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names - John Kennedy

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: The O'Fischial 2014 Royals bet thread [Re: Mel]
      #245941 - 09/03/14 08:00 AM

Win #76 last night. Only 10 more to free booze!

Offense still sucks - especially hitting with RISP. Not playing defense as well either. I hope they figure it out pretty soon. Basically in a tie for first with the Tigers.

Pretty cool that both MOMO teams are in first at the same time this late in the season!

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

cook

Loc: in my underwear

#245951 - 09/03/14 05:59 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:

Offense still sucks - especially hitting with RISP. Not playing defense as well either. I hope they figure it out pretty soon

Hmmmmm...no offense or defense....whats left??

dabsAdministrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: The O'Fischial 2014 Royals bet thread [Re: cook]
      #245957 - 09/03/14 09:21 PM

77-61 after sweeping this series.

A day off and then 6 important ones on the road...3 against the Yankees and then 3 against Detroit.....hoping for 4-2 during this upcoming week.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: The O'Fischial 2014 Royals bet thread [Re: cook]
      #245958 - 09/03/14 09:22 PM

Another win - not awe inspiring against a last place team that pretty much has mailed it in. But a win nonetheless while the Tigers were losing.The SP for Texas tonight had played at Blue Springs HS and MU. A buddy coached him in HS and told me then that he thought he was good enough to make it to the bigs. Pretty cool seeing a local kid make good even if he was in the wrong uniform.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

MelModerator

#245972 - 09/04/14 02:25 PM

Thank God that Gordon and Perez can still hit one out occasionally. Pitching/defense has remained pretty solid.

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

MelModerator

#246001 - 09/06/14 09:33 AM

Last night was a great game. Both starters went deep into the game and both only gave up three hits apiece. Unearned run tilted game to Royals 1-0. Now 17 over .500 for the first time in September in decades. BTW, Detroit lost to the Giants. Royals have 2 game lead in division going into today's game.

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #246002 - 09/06/14 02:31 PM

The starter today sure didn't go very deep...One pitch. Sure hope that is not the end of Duffy ' s career but it didn't look good for him.

Mac
Birding Moderator

Loc: The Great State of Nebraskey

Re: The O'Fischial 2014 Royals bet thread [Re: dabs]
      #246003 - 09/06/14 03:36 PM

True dat, dabs.

Royals have a good team. Strong defense, good pitching starting and relief. speed on the bases but spotty offense is the only gap. Hope Duffy os gonna be OK...

Mac
Birding Moderator

Re: The O'Fischial 2014 Royals bet thread [Re: Mac]
      #246006 - 09/07/14 05:22 PM

OK, 2 of 3 from the Yanks. Now a flight to Motor City. Fingers crossed for the boys in blue! .

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#246010 - 09/08/14 08:28 AM

I LOVE the fact the Royals beat the Spankees on Derek Jeter day!

Offense still almost non-existent but still took 2 of three from NY. The news on Duffy will be released today but this sounded encouraging:
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb/"HomeofToto"-city-royals/article1852950.html

The offense better wake up the next three games because the last week of Tiger games makes it look like Cabrera and their offense is back going. Next three are huge. What is with the weird starting time (3:08??) today?

--------------------

MelModerator

#246032 - 09/10/14 10:26 AM

Lost 2 to the Tigers thanks to a combination of poor fielding, atrocious base running goofs, and no hitting. Shields better find a way to win by himself tonight or we are in deep, deep manure. BTW, Yost is getting outmanaged also in this series.

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #246034 - 09/10/14 11:51 AM

I said I hoped they went 4-2 on this road trip.....if they win tonight - which I think they will - they will be 3-3 going back home for like 10 games.

If you look at the game that Duffy pitched one ball and had to leave - that very well could have been the 4th victory in the trip....so,

I am agreeing they need to stop stranding 10-13 people on base during games and they could sure firm a few things up - but they are in the spotlight as a young team who has always been told they could and now they actually are....they are trying to figure it all out as they go.

A win tonight and 6-4 or better yet 7-3 during the home stand and I think we will still be in the drivers seat coming down to the last week....and then we will see where the chips fall.

Or...they lose the next 8 in a row and start making plans for October family trips

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #246037 - 09/10/14 10:03 PM

Win number 80.

1 game lead in the division again and home for a while....time to make the best of it.

Start converting half of the left on base total over the last two weeks and they will be in good shape.

I would have liked to have seen 4 or even 5 victories on the road but 3-3 against the Yankees and Detroit is what it is.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#246038 - 09/11/14 05:38 AM

Whew! Avoided the sweep ! Only 6 wins til free booze! Offense still in slumberland. At least for now they are in the drivers seat. We will see how they end up dealing with the growing pressure.

--------------------

Mac
Birding Moderator

#246052 - 09/11/14 09:27 PM

Tonight we suck. 3 errors tonight. 19 errors in 13 games
hit batters, too many walks for unearned runs. Beating ourselves...

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#246053 - 09/11/14 10:14 PM

I was there tonight and it was probably uglier in person than what was shown on TV. After Hosmer struck out looking in the first with runners on first and third and then let one go through his legs there was a chant of "We want Billeeeee!" The Sox weren't much better. It was like I went to an MLB game and a Little League broke out. Speaking of Butler..what is up? Is he in Nedtheheads doghouse? I mean no one on this team is hitting but most keep getting trotted out there. This team appears to be caving in in under the pressure. That includes the manager by the way - really you have Liam Forkkng Hendricks on the mound and you sac bunt in the first inning???? WTF???

--------------------

MelModerator

#246076 - 09/12/14 04:42 PM

I think Butler really is in Ned's doghouse. Even Gordon is in a prolonged funk; he is hitting .097 for the last 10 games. I think Ned needs to move Gordon down in the lineup. The whole team seems tense and is pressing. We also still have no strike zone recognition; swinging at too many bad balls.

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#246080 - 09/13/14 06:37 AM

Another loss and now out of first place..

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#246084 - 09/13/14 08:16 PM

Win 81 only 5 more to free booze!

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #246095 - 09/14/14 11:05 AM

And at this mathematic time in the season I must ask....

....When are you available for Sushi Mr. Modin? It will be my treat.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#246101 - 09/14/14 02:23 PM

Dabs I had a very polite young man wait on me through the window of a drive-thru in Harry's town the other day. I hadn't seen him in a while and didn't recognize him at first. Man, he has grown up! A handsome young man - lucky he got his looks from his mama..

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#246102 - 09/14/14 02:33 PM

The games aren't over todayand I truly hope that I am wrong but today could be that turning point in the season where you say the Royals lost the division. They had a 4 - 0 lead early and cough it up. The Tigers are down early and fight and scratch to get back into the lead. that is a microcosm of the difference in these two teams. Yep it's not over but..

I am afraid the Royals organization from the top to the bottom doesn't know how to finish and win. We used to call it the "Killer Instinct". The manager has never won as an MLB manager. This is starting to look like what happened in 2008 with him and the Brewers when he got fired in September with like 15 games remaining. Also very few of the players on this roster have won at the MLB level.

Like I said I hope I am wrong but they do seem to be caving in under the pressure of a pennant race while the tigers seem to have found the other gear that good teams do...

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #246107 - 09/14/14 06:45 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Dabs I had a very polite young man wait on me through the window of a drive-thru in Harry's town the other day. I hadn't seen him in a while and didn't recognize him at first. Man, he has grown up! A handsome young man - lucky he got his looks from his mama..

He said you came through the other night. He said he didn't recognize you at first either.

Hope he got your order right. 4 days left there and then it is on to something else for him. Bigger and better he says....least he won't come home smelling like a grease pit every night now.

MelModerator

#246111 - 09/15/14 10:14 AM

Last night's game was the most demoralizing of the season for me. It's bad enough that the team isn't hitting, but to have Ned say he was one out away from Herrera when Crow gave up the grand slam was another kick in the nuts. My God, it's the time to throw the book out of the window and do what's needed to get a win. Yost is so dogmatic in his handling of late inning pitching it is truly pathetic. I think Tim is right; this IS probably the type of thinking that got Yost fired in September from the Brewers. Dayton Moore and Glass ought to be in Yost's office this morning asking just what the hell is going on in his pea brain. And, they ought to remind him that he is the one responsible for firing Kevin Seitzer as hitting coach because he wanted more homers instead of singles and doubles. How many games would some of those singles and doubles won this season?

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 504 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 30645

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page