CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)
Mac
Birding Moderator

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: The Great State of Nebraskey

Re: The O'Fischial 2014 Royals bet thread [Re: H2ODOG]
      #246968 - 10/30/14 10:07 PM

You like to avoid the topic dog. I got yer number...
Card fans like you on hera lack class IMHO...but season is over...

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: The O'Fischial 2014 Royals bet thread [Re: dabs]
      #246970 - 10/31/14 06:16 AM

Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
...I could care less who does once the Cardinals are out.

This is not at all a pointed post at you Jeff....it just happens that you said it above and I think it is a sentiment shared by most Cardinal fans at least....maybe most of the country for all I know.

I was in the St. Louis area during game one. Went to Buffalo Wild Wings at Boones Crossing in Chesterfield thinking it would be a happening place to watch the game. I don't like the food there but plenty of televisions and sports atmosphere.

They did have the Series on the main television but the crowd was more interested in watching soccer, minor league hockey and volleyball.

I wasn't expecting to walk in to a sea of Blue and bottles of Billy Butler bbq sauce all over the place but there was one person I saw there wearing a Cardinals shirt....you would have thought nobody there had ever seen baseball....which I know is not the case because I was in the area the month prior and someone wanting to go there and you could hardly carry on a conversation because of the fans on the edge of their seats for every play during a regular season Cardinals game.

It just must be different. In this area it is an event...The World Series. It was great to see the Royals in it but....yes, we are used to them not being there....I watch every game of the World Series regardless of the teams because it is the Series....just like the Super Bowl...and usually the Stanley Cup finals.

I am a Royals fan and have been for years....but I am also a baseball fan.

Just happen to be a fan of the most liked team in baseball instead of the most hated

Dabs you twice picked a place to watch a game that sits in the middle of a 5 mile long strip center. The mecca of suburbia, chain food and super sales.

Not sure what tree you're trying to bark up about "fans" but find another place to have a beer.

bwaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

foots
the exterminator

Loc: by my spiritual advisor, Wu

Re: The O'Fischial 2014 Royals bet thread [Re: last_stand]
      #246971 - 10/31/14 07:01 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:

This is not at all a pointed post at you Jeff....it just happens that you said it above and I think it is a sentiment shared by most Cardinal fans at least....maybe most of the country for all I know.

I was in the St. Louis area during game one. Went to Buffalo Wild Wings at Boones Crossing in Chesterfield thinking it would be a happening place to watch the game. I don't like the food there but plenty of televisions and sports atmosphere.

They did have the Series on the main television but the crowd was more interested in watching soccer, minor league hockey and volleyball.

I wasn't expecting to walk in to a sea of Blue and bottles of Billy Butler bbq sauce all over the place but there was one person I saw there wearing a Cardinals shirt....you would have thought nobody there had ever seen baseball....which I know is not the case because I was in the area the month prior and someone wanting to go there and you could hardly carry on a conversation because of the fans on the edge of their seats for every play during a regular season Cardinals game.

It just must be different. In this area it is an event...The World Series. It was great to see the Royals in it but....yes, we are used to them not being there....I watch every game of the World Series regardless of the teams because it is the Series....just like the Super Bowl...and usually the Stanley Cup finals.

Just happen to be a fan of the most liked team in baseball instead of the most hated

Dabs you twice picked a place to watch a game that sits in the middle of a 5 mile long strip center. The mecca of suburbia, chain food and super sales.

Not sure what tree you're trying to bark up about "fans" but find another place to have a beer.

bwaaaaaaaaaa

Exactly.........that's yuppyville personified.

--------------------
I was born kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I have no problem goin out the same way.

dabsAdministrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: The O'Fischial 2014 Royals bet thread [Re: foots]
      #246972 - 10/31/14 07:11 AM

Quote:

foots said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:

bwaaaaaaaaaa

Exactly.........that's yuppyville personified.

The Denny's in Ferguson was already full up

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: The O'Fischial 2014 Royals bet thread [Re: Mac]
      #246973 - 10/31/14 11:33 AM

Quote:

Mac said:
You like to avoid the topic dog. I got yer number...
Card fans like you on hera lack class IMHO...but season is over...

Dude.........the only number you have a firm grasp on is the proofing in that bottle of Irish Whisky............and nothing else.

As for what you honestly think Mike.............I don't really care. I don't have your number to call you. We don't hunt together. We don't exchange Christmas cards. We don't get together for dinner or BBQ's. I'm a classless hater as you say. Your a drunk midget. Either way I'm sure we both sleep just fine at night not worrying about the other. I'm perfectly fine with that.

You probably think I'm an asshole for just writing what I did.........which brings me back to the place that I don't care.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #246974 - 10/31/14 01:47 PM

Just to remind everyone....we are getting closer to another page with every heartfelt, loving post that is made

Mac
Birding Moderator

Loc: The Great State of Nebraskey

#246976 - 10/31/14 02:18 PM

Dog,

You'll always be my favorite hater.

If we lived closer, things might be different.....
Then agin, I doubt it!

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: The O'Fischial 2014 Royals bet thread [Re: Mac]
      #246977 - 10/31/14 04:23 PM

Free Todd Gurley !!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: The O'Fischial 2014 Royals bet thread [Re: Bubba]
      #246978 - 10/31/14 06:14 PM

Free Pete Rose. Todd Gueley is free in 2 more weeks. Until then he is screwed.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #247051 - 11/06/14 08:32 PM

3 Gold Glovers and an AL defensive player of the year...

...not a bad week for awards in a small market team.

And....just maybe an AL Manager of the year by next week (only if they base it on the last three months of the season/year)

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#247053 - 11/07/14 07:45 AM

Unfortunately for Yost the voting for Manager of the Year takes place before the playoffs start. According to most he was pretty dumb then.. you know not a genius like Showalter or Scioscia...

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: The O'Fischial 2014 Royals bet thread [Re: IIFID]
      #247054 - 11/07/14 07:49 AM

I feel worse for Lo Cain. I believe voting was before the playoffs as well. And I really think that because he split time between Center and Right that it cost him a Gold Glove

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

MelModerator

Loc: Excelsior Springs, MO

Re: The O'Fischial 2014 Royals bet thread [Re: IIFID]
      #247070 - 11/10/14 02:07 PM

Gordon also got the platinum glove later. I agree on both Cain and Yost as being deserving.

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names - John Kennedy

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 460 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 30645

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page