CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Main Forum >> Waterfowl

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)
SKDuckhunt

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: 5 minutes to MTC

Re: Ferguson [Re: wuchang]
      #245543 - 08/16/14 08:01 PM

thank God for heavy rain tonight!!!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
67Firebird
Former political advocate

Loc: Russellville, Mo

Re: Ferguson [Re: foots]
      #245544 - 08/16/14 08:46 PM

Quote:

foots said:
Guess the first report didn't look to favorable for the homie team.

Paul Dallas

Loc: the corner of Bedlam & Squalor

Re: Ferguson [Re: SKDuckhunt]
      #245545 - 08/16/14 08:53 PM

I was harassed by the police today and perhaps even my civil liberties were violated.

Without embellishment or exaggeration for effect, here is what transpired . . . .

12:40 p.m. this afternoon traveling westbound on the 15500 block of Manchester road in Ballwin, a police cruiser lit up the rollers and sounded the siren piercingly for approximately 10 or 11 seconds until which time I could spot a safe place location in which to pull over. In my company, my hot-tempered redhead wife and 10 year old daughter, returning from HomeGoods store with some objectionably tacky art, a white horse in oil if you must know, in which to decorate said daughters bedroom. We paid $29.57 and I was able to produce a receipt offering proof that artwork had indeed been purchased and not strong-armed. But I digress. Back to the pullover. I was short on time, in a surly mood, and with the pressing need to deliver my son to a soccer game in Shrewsbury in approximately 45 minutes, but more to the point, highly embarassed and in a profound state of guessing, quite nervously mind you, as I fumbled for my drivers license and a current proof of insurance, several of which cards produced from the passenger glovebox were collated through and discover to be expired until I was able to put my hands on a current one. Running through my mind in those tense moments . . . .what infraction could I have possibly committed to deserve such a highly visible spectacle right there in front of Penn Station and BWW's for all my neighbors to see and guess as to my detention for misdemeanors unknown or possibly more egregious crime . . . .

I had my intermittent wipers on without my headlights on. Yes, that was it.

Stern lecture and I was released. Thankful to live another day.

Edited by Paul Dallas (08/16/14 08:55 PM)

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: Ferguson [Re: Paul Dallas]
      #245546 - 08/16/14 08:55 PM

Quote:

Paul Dallas said:
I was harassed by the police today and perhaps even my civil liberties were violated.

Without embellishment or exaggeration for effect, here is what transpired . . . .

12:40 p.m. this afternoon traveling westbound on the 15500 block of Manchester road in Ballwin, a police cruiser lit up the rollers and sounded the siren piercingly for approximately 10 or 11 seconds until which time I could spot a safe place location in which to pull over. In my company, my hot-tempered redhead wife and 10 year old daughter, returning from HomeGoods store with some objectionably tacky art, a white horse in oil if you must know, in which to decorate said daughters bedroom. We paid $29.57 and I was able to produce a receipt offering proof that artwork had indeed been purchased and not strong-armed. But I digress. Back to the pullover. I was short on time, in a surly mood, and with the pressing need to deliver my son to a soccer game in Shrewsbury in approximately 45 minutes, but more to the point, highly embarassed and in a profound state of guessing, quite nervously mind you, as I fumbled for my drivers license and a current proof of insurance, several of which cards were expired until I was able to put my hands on a current one. Running through my mind in those tense moments . . . .what infraction could I have possibly committed to deserve such a highly visible spectacle right there in front of Penn Station and BWW's for all my neighbors to see and guess as to my detention for misdemeanors unknown or possibly more egregious crime . . . .

That's a crime, huh? Who knew?

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Paul Dallas

Re: Ferguson [Re: griffin]
      #245547 - 08/16/14 09:08 PM

Yes, but it was touch and go for a minute there. I had to show him that my wipers were on intermittent 1, and that the sun was coming out.

Paul Dallas

#245548 - 08/16/14 09:16 PM

I've reached out to Freeman Bosley to represent me, but haven't received a returned call yet.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#245549 - 08/16/14 10:26 PM

Who would have thunk it - Paul Dallas "Public Menace"!
I think you were likely profiled. Serves you right for wearing a flat bill and hoodie.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

foots
the exterminator

Loc: by my spiritual advisor, Wu

Re: Ferguson [Re: IIFID]
      #245550 - 08/16/14 11:12 PM

Curfew at midnight..........looting at 11.........rain delay.

--------------------
I was born kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I have no problem goin out the same way.

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#245551 - 08/17/14 12:45 AM

Quote:

foots said:

hucklburry

Loc: Daniel Boone's Neighborhood

#245553 - 08/17/14 05:11 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

Paul Dallas said:

12:40 p.m. this afternoon traveling westbound on the 15500 block of Manchester road in Ballwin, a police cruiser lit up the rollers and sounded the siren piercingly for approximately 10 or 11 seconds until which time I could spot a safe place location in which to pull over. In my company, my hot-tempered redhead wife and 10 year old daughter, returning from HomeGoods store with some objectionably tacky art, a white horse in oil if you must know, in which to decorate said daughters bedroom. We paid $29.57 and I was able to produce a receipt offering proof that artwork had indeed been purchased and not strong-armed. But I digress. Back to the pullover. I was short on time, in a surly mood, and with the pressing need to deliver my son to a soccer game in Shrewsbury in approximately 45 minutes, but more to the point, highly embarassed and in a profound state of guessing, quite nervously mind you, as I fumbled for my drivers license and a current proof of insurance, several of which cards were expired until I was able to put my hands on a current one. Running through my mind in those tense moments . . . .what infraction could I have possibly committed to deserve such a highly visible spectacle right there in front of Penn Station and BWW's for all my neighbors to see and guess as to my detention for misdemeanors unknown or possibly more egregious crime . . . .

That's a crime, huh? Who knew?

griffin

Nothing good comes out of going to homegoods

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #245554 - 08/17/14 07:37 AM

Quote:

foots said:

Ummm....sounds as if play resumed

From Capt. Johnson at the press conference yesterday - "We will enforce the curfew. We will do it by approaching and talking with people. We will not do it with tear gas and armored personnel"(it was very close to that verbage at least).

Fast forward this morning - Capt. Johnson at the press conference, "we had one person shot and injured critically and might lose their life, we had another person standing in the middle of the road waving a gun. We arrested 8 people and used tear gas and armored personnel."

But....standing with him was the Chief and other command staff from Ferguson PD. Ummmmm......Jay, this plan we came up with didn't work, what next. - Ummm, do what you need to do but include Ferguson in on it and see if we can get the St. Louis County folks back so we can play that angle on it

Just wait till Al and Jesse and the Panthers get done today.

Best of luck to all you who live in that area - I would say it will be a while before you are back to your normal controlled chaos.

rb.

Loc: mo

Re: Ferguson [Re: dabs]
      #245555 - 08/17/14 07:42 AM

If the grand jury does not indict the Officer they'll need the national guard with tanks to stop those maniacs. Sure not the same Ferguson I grew up near.

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

Re: Ferguson [Re: dabs]
      #245556 - 08/17/14 09:00 AM

How not to get your ass kicked by the police

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8&app=desktop

DuckMeRunnin

Reged: 12/17/05
Loc: Missouri

#245557 - 08/17/14 09:33 AM

Thanks, Bill.

Some dudes at work were talking about that, but I hadn't seen it.

Too bad it likely fell on deaf ears.

SwampFox

Loc: Mid Mo

Re: Ferguson [Re: DuckMeRunnin]
      #245564 - 08/18/14 03:34 AM

If they are so upset with the police why aren't they burning and looting the police station?

--------------------
"Being deeply learned and skilled, being well trained and using well spoken words; this is good luck."

halfasmuch
action hero

Loc: Upper Oakville

Re: Ferguson [Re: SwampFox]
      #245565 - 08/18/14 06:57 AM

been hanging out and swapping stories with a retired Cook county sheriff dept and chief of a municipality in Cubs land...

we were watching the news... and he says "doesnt the County PD have any horses??? 2000 lbs dancing sideways moves a lot of people!"

BRING IN THE CITY HORSES!!!

--------------------
The difference between genius and stupidity
is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein

rb.

Re: Ferguson [Re: halfasmuch]
      #245566 - 08/18/14 07:01 AM

Horse in the mix would just be free bbq meat to those dudes.

puppy

Loc: Land of Rain

#245568 - 08/18/14 08:14 AM

I was going to go protest, but then I remembered, I have a job.....

rb.

Re: Ferguson [Re: puppy]
      #245569 - 08/18/14 08:34 AM

Looks like the boys at the armory in Warrenton got the call. Troops and equipment lining up for departure to the combat zone in Ferguson. Hope those boys stay safe. That unit pulled service in the gulf over the years.

Paul Dallas

Re: Ferguson [Re: rb.]
      #245570 - 08/18/14 09:39 AM

Wow. Did anyone just watch the press-conference with the family-hired independent autopsy dude? The good Dr. was a trainwreck. I'm not even sure he knew where he was, or sure of his own name. Mumbled incoherently through much of it and kinda lost his place as to why he was there. He then contradicted the first speaker (who was even worse) who had said the main reason for the independent autopsy was due to the lack of trust of the county's autopsy, but then the Dr. got his turn to speak and he said his findings would be the same as theirs! There was about 10 other things that were truly strange, especially the Dr. pointing to the picture and describing it as a "beautiful" diagram. Mostly they went in circles - the talk about need for transparency and they fell into their own trap and premature releasing of information could taint the investigation. Well no chit! So what are you doing here??? We have entered the bizzaro zone.

Edited by Paul Dallas (08/18/14 09:44 AM)

foots
the exterminator

Loc: by my spiritual advisor, Wu

#245571 - 08/18/14 09:50 AM

Getting paid. That's what hebe doin there.

--------------------
I was born kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I have no problem goin out the same way.

duko™

Loc: east mo

#245572 - 08/18/14 09:56 AM

Yeah, but did it answer your quarstions?

duko

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: Ferguson [Re: duko™]
      #245573 - 08/18/14 10:06 AM

PD - to say this entire episode, from start to where we currently are, is bizarre would be a complete denigration of the truly bizarre. This is the craziest chit I have ever seen in 30 years of policing. Period.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#245574 - 08/18/14 10:30 AM

And is quite liable to get a lot more crazy before it's over..

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

Paul Dallas

#245576 - 08/18/14 10:43 AM

But it keeps getting stranger by the day. It makes for great entertainment if it weren't so dam disturbing. But I can't look away!

I know their schools are bad, but I never expected that they had failed them THIS bad. There seems to be ZERO comprehension of our criminal justice system or how it works by any of these protestors. And the politicians trying to one-up each other -Nixon throwing the whole local and county police and Bob Mc under the bus. All of his posturing and grandstanding, bringing in the Hwy Patrol guy in to lead things since he was a local . . . but what a joke thats been . . . it appears he has gone native and is ready to tear gas himself. And all these goofy rally's, Al Sharpton's physical appearance alone is very frightening. Shabazz and the panthers. I even heard that alderman dude that everyone seems to worship, Antonio whatever, I heard him talking to Charlie Brennan the other day on KMOX and trying to explain that gangs "do a lot of good".

If somebody says the word "community" one more goddam time, I'm going to explode.

Edited by Paul Dallas (08/18/14 10:44 AM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 355 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 9177

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page