CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)
H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: last_stand]
      #247464 - 12/16/14 12:49 PM

Who the fork is Mauck????

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: H2ODOG]
      #247467 - 12/16/14 01:03 PM

Good run offenses use 5 yard slants, 5 yard outs and hooks, quick passes to a running back in motion............Henson looked for the home run ball all year instead of worrying about just trying to move the ball. Recievers had 50-11 dropped passes this year. Hell 9 in the Bama game alone. 30 more caught passes that should have been caught and his % is above 60%. That's not spectacular, but with Recievers who can catch a ball consistently, Mauk is a better QB on paper.

He fell into a funk this year and struggled bad mid season with poor decisions. I also hope it's not a trend and I believe he will be a better wiser QB next season.

--------------------

sptsman

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Missouri

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: H2ODOG]
      #247478 - 12/17/14 12:16 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Who the fork is Mauck????

I think he is referring to Matt Mauck. He was the QB for LSU when they won it all...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: sptsman]
      #247581 - 01/02/15 08:34 AM

330 yards rushing and a defense that came to play.

Congrats to the Tigers for winning the game they should have won. Not always so easy to do.

No surprise for me watching FSU get stomped. They were over rated all year long, imo.

I WAS surprised by Ohio State.

Yesterday tells me the sooner they go to an 8 team playoff format the better.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: last_stand]
      #247583 - 01/02/15 10:08 AM

As soon as they go to 8, you'll hear the squawking by #9 and #10 that they shoulda got in... Going to 8 teams just makes a bigger mess and a looooong post season for college kids. Keep in mind the NCAA and individual colleges are not immune from the same legal liabilities and lawsuits the NFL is dealing with. Adding more games just adds liability. Also, other than the few that are going to turn pro, almost all of these kids are student-athletes. Are they supposed to forego finals for practices and games?

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#247593 - 01/02/15 03:07 PM

Did you just lose your job at the BCS? Sounds like the garbage they spewed for years.

A mess? bwaaaaaaaaaa

Right now, 2 teams are left.

Under 8 game format, 4 teams would be left instead of 2.

So it's a one week time extension for 2 teams beyond the current arrangement.

Sky won't fall and athletes won't flunk out.

The less influence scribes, has-been coaches and industry leaders are involved in determining the Nat Champ the better.

Ask TCU or Mich State. Probably don't want to ask FSU, they shouldn't have been there.

Nothing tricky or fancy about it, let the players have at it like all the other sports.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

#247596 - 01/02/15 04:01 PM

They don't have to wait nearly a month to play these playoff games. Bama played MU in early Dec...

They could take a week or two off, finish finals and then start the playoffs. You can bet that a team on a roll doesn't care much for 3-4 weeks off before they play again.

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#247601 - 01/02/15 07:26 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
As soon as they go to 8, you'll hear the squawking by #9 and #10 that they shoulda got in... Going to 8 teams just makes a bigger mess and a looooong post season for college kids. Keep in mind the NCAA and individual colleges are not immune from the same legal liabilities and lawsuits the NFL is dealing with. Adding more games just adds liability. Also, other than the few that are going to turn pro, almost all of these kids are student-athletes. Are they supposed to forego finals for practices and games?

I find it amazing that in DIII, DII, NAIA, & D-IAA they have college playoffs.........and no one is worrying about finals, legal liabilities, lawsuits, or extra practices, or classes.

College playoffs have worked for a very very long time. FCS expanded to 24 teams in 2013. Expanding the FBS playoffs to 8 teams is a good start. Then in a couple years it should go to 16 teams. That's enough. No automatic tie ins, no automatic berths. The top 16 ranked AP/Coaches Poll/Computer Poll get in It's simple.

If you are worried about games, and school, and classes.........which don't seem to be a bother in the other divisions it's simple. Don't play 5 cupcake games a year. Play 2 or 3. 11 regular season games, and if you are good enough a conference championship. All conferences should have to play a championship game of they want to participate in the playoffs. That makes 12 games for 2 teams in each conference. 4 playoff games total means 16 games total. Two more games than Oregon and Ohio State will play this season. It's not big of a deal.........especially if the other divisions of football are doing it already.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1568 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 12548

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page