CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)
H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: last_stand]
      #246180 - 09/17/14 02:42 PM

The Mizzou D let UCF go crazy in the first quarter. The last 3 quarters they didn't get much. They could run between the tackles for much Ray & Golden have 14 tackles for a loss between them. Ray leads the Nation. Shane Ray also has 5 sacks, best for 3rd in the nation. Ray is a 1-2 round pick. He is way better than Ealy or Sam thought about being. Golden has 4 sacks on the season. Sure they have over pursued at times, but with stats like that you aren't slacking. The DB's have had issues to start the season, but have looked better and better each game. Matt Hoch out on the D hadn't helped and we will be that much better when he comes back

It's not like we have played some slackers also. Toledo will be a bowl team again this year. More than likely win 8-9 games. They gave up 6 sacks all of last year and returned the same line. Ray and Golden wore those guys slick this year and we didn't get a sack at all last year against that line. 3 point favorite and we blow them out.

UCF won the Fiesta Bowl, had 10 returning starters on D and 5 on the offense. 3 recovers who last year caught 700 yards EACH, a new QB who gets it done with his legs also. UCF will be another bowl eligible team. Like Mizzou, they finished in the Top 10 and got no love in the Pre-Season polls. Our D held them to 10 points. Our O ran over those 10 returning starters who won 12 games. 6 point favorite and it was a rout.

South Dakota State had Zach Zenner, a 2 time All American running back. A kid who rushed for 2000 yards EACH of the last two years. Take way his 75 yard run and we held him to 28 yards on 16 carries. Outside of one busted play, we kept him in check.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: H2ODOG]
      #246182 - 09/17/14 03:25 PM

Mizzou also has to learn to schedule a cupcake game in the middle of the season. Play them between some conference games. Gives us a week to rest up and play some light competition between the good SEC teams.

I'm not as worried about FL as I am SC. 2 years ago in Gainesville we were 18 point underdogs. Mizzou lost 14-7 held a good FL team under 300 yards of offense. Franklin threw 4 picks with a make shift O line. Our D now is better than the 2012 Mizzou D. Florida took 3 OT's to beat Can'tucky in The Swamp. Kentucky's like the 110 best team in D-1

We are home for GA. Mizzou always plays good at home. Maybe Gurley we pull a toenail this week. I doubt we contain him completely, so Mauk needs to put up another 4-5 TD game. At home we should win, but this is the game that worries me most with Gurley. GA thankfully doesn't have much of a QB. Stop Gurley and keep him in check and we win. They sure won't beat us through the air.

SC in SC Should be tough. With that being said, Conner Shaw isn't playing. SC defense is horrible. Kenny Hill wore them slick. Mauk should have a great game. Carolina gave up 300+ yards to East Carolina at home. Their DB's should be returning their scholarships. Their Run D is better, but our RB's will put up good numbers. Mile Davis will get his touches also and so will Wilds, but our D can handle them. Spurrier has had 3 home games and looked average at best in the wins. They looked like a D-II team against A&M.

Call me a Koolaid drinker, but I think we win all 3. 7-0 after the trip to Florida with a Top 8 Ranking

--------------------

wil e coyote

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: misery (married)

#246183 - 09/17/14 03:29 PM

Now tell us about those big three games that are coming up. South Carolina didn't play well there first two. Yeah they played Georgia tough, but that is a big rivalry. They won't get that up for disrespected MIZZOU team. Georgia will be tough, but that's at home and I believe we have the previous week off to prepare. And Florida had trouble with Kentucky, . . . (Kentucky, who will probably finish 2nd to bottom just above Vandy) in the Swamp! No as long as Mizzou continues to be looked over , I like our chances to repeat the East!!!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: wil e coyote]
      #246184 - 09/17/14 04:05 PM

We have an extra week off also before the A&M game, which is now the toughest game I think we will have.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#246186 - 09/17/14 05:19 PM

Indiana will be prison gang raped this weekend and will hope the flight crashes on the way home. It's gonna be ugly

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#246187 - 09/17/14 06:33 PM

But but but Dawg they are from the Big 10 plus! They play in a "power conference"! How could that happen???

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: IIFID]
      #246189 - 09/17/14 07:28 PM

4 and 3 in a month...

DING...

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

#246190 - 09/17/14 07:45 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Call me a Koolaid drinker, but I think we win all 3. 7-0 after the trip to Florida with a Top 8 Ranking

Dude....if we are 7-0 with wins over UCF, Ga., SC, and Florida we will be ranked 3 or 4.

I'll take 5-2.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: griffin]
      #246194 - 09/17/14 10:04 PM

How do you figure #3 or #4..........the Polling folks don't love Mizzou that much. That would require us jumping more than likely Auburn, A&M, LSU, Old Piss, Notre Dammit, Baylor, Michigan State, UCLA....while pushing Oregon or Oklahoma down a spot. Lots of teams would have to lose, AND 95% of the AP writers would have to put down their tradition koolaid power house football team cups to vote Mizzou that high. 7-0 with wins over GA and SC......who the writers would just say are part of a weak SEC East......would only jump Mizzou into the Top 10 barely.

Top 3 or 4.........you have been in Eddie's REALLLLLLLY Good stuff.

--------------------

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#246195 - 09/18/14 05:46 AM

You guys are gettin Bubba all skeered.

The SC game is the lynch pin. Specially after what they did to us last year at home too.

If we win that game, Katie bar the door and Bubba grab your hooch cuzz you're gonna need it.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: last_stand]
      #246197 - 09/18/14 07:11 AM

I aint skeered.....

I gots lots of bandwagons to evoke...

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#246198 - 09/18/14 07:40 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
That would require us jumping more than likely Auburn, A&M, LSU, Old Piss, Notre Dammit, Baylor, Michigan State, UCLA

Of that group the only one I['ll give you is A&M....the rest aren't nearly as good as their current standing....especially Mich State, ND, and UCLA...those teams are way over ranked.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#246199 - 09/18/14 07:55 AM

What about Auburn and LSU?? I agree that the rest are overrated and shouldn't be there, but if they don't lose we don't jump them

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#246200 - 09/18/14 08:25 AM

I, for one, am just looking forward to tomorrow to hear the Great Griffins prognosticatian of the score of the Auburn vs. K-state game.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

halfasmuch
action hero

Loc: Upper Oakville

#246205 - 09/18/14 01:39 PM

I watch the swamp tiggers as much as the North tiggers...

They are a bit inconsistent on the O side...but they certainly are deep and arent skared to play a tight game in the fourth quarter.

I cant say I always can figure out what the grass chewer has in mind... but he seems to find a way most saturdays...

Of course, he is coaching no end of physical talent!

--------------------
The difference between genius and stupidity
is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: halfasmuch]
      #246235 - 09/20/14 04:05 PM

Umm dawg when does the blowout start?

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#246241 - 09/20/14 05:33 PM

Rut Roh.........

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: Bubba]
      #246243 - 09/20/14 05:50 PM

I missed the game but....apparently....so did the Tigers.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#246244 - 09/20/14 05:50 PM

Takeaways from today's game:
Can someone explain to Evan Boehmite that Mm is 6 foot not 8 foot tall?
I know there are injuries but that is the worse a MU O-line has looked in forever.
Todd Gurley may run for 300 yards against MU

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#246245 - 09/20/14 06:22 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Takeaways from today's game:
Can someone explain to Evan Boehmite that Mm is 6 foot not 8 foot tall?
I know there are injuries but that is the worse a MU O-line has looked in forever.
Todd Gurley may run for 300 yards against MU

You forgot Pinkel getting completely outcoached.....that was horrible.

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #246246 - 09/20/14 06:33 PM

As much improvement as there was from game to game for the first three games got reversed today, for sure.

The defense was wore out all day long. I think any team playing ZOU the rest of the season just needs to fast snap to keep them from substituting and they will be successful.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: dabs]
      #246247 - 09/20/14 08:07 PM

I told the wife when we kicked the FG that we had left too much time on the clock - that was my confidence level in them. There was a whole bunch of plays where there were 4 or 5 missed tackles on one play!! I'm not sure that if Golden would have played that it would have made any difference.

--------------------

fish
senior member - literally

Loc: Kingdom of Callaway

#246248 - 09/21/14 05:48 AM

M-I-Z ,,,,,,,,

P-E-U !!!

That pretty sums up the game for me yesterday. Will the real MU team please stand up ?

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: fish]
      #246250 - 09/21/14 10:12 AM

May I change my prediction from 4 and 3 in a month to 3 and 4?? Thank you in advance.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#246253 - 09/21/14 10:36 AM

The Dr is gonna be fixing a bunch of hamstring injuries with everyone suddenly jumping off the bandwagon.

D looked like chit. O line looked like a pee wee football program. 4 false starts. O line couldn't block a fat kid off a Sammich. Boehm snapped high all game. Receivers dropped balls all over the place. Mauk was rubbing for his life all game against 4 D lineman. Murphy ran for like 12 yards on 11 carries.

Pinkle quit getting Hansborough the ball..........and waiting 25 seconds to call a timeout in the last minute of the game with IU on the 3 yard line. Come on man. That basic stuff right there. Call the TO and give you O 40 seconds to score instead of 18. The last 2 plays of the game. You need some hook and ladder or trick play. A pass to an open reciever on the middle of the field all alone doesn't cut it. Pickle failed to make adjustments at half. That usually only happens against great teams, not teams on the lower 1/3 of the Tiny 10

SC looked like ass yesterday against Candy. 2 TD returns. They better bit do Kick to Murphy. Their D looked bad also. About as bad as our O. Florida D game up 2 games worth of O to Alabama. I'm still worried about GA, especially is we don't play any better than the DII school we looked like yesterday.

I hope this was a wake up call and this team gets pissed off.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 736 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 12550

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page