CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)
IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: H2ODOG]
      #246262 - 09/21/14 09:40 PM

The non-Defense kind of reminded me of the SEC title game last year. There was a movie that described it - "Dazed and Confused."

Maty's happy feet are getting worse. At least yesterday he had a reason some of the time.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: IIFID]
      #246265 - 09/22/14 01:43 PM

Some of the time.........dude ran for his life the whole game. When he O line only gives you 2 seconds to throw, you hear to do something. Dude made the most out of nothing the entire first half and still threw for 330 yards. Had then been Gabbert, he wouldn't have completed a pass. Franklin would have sprained his left pinkie finger and passed for a buck 25 with 50-11 picks.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Lemmingstan

#246389 - 09/28/14 12:59 PM

Ok , I need to switch back my prediction to 4 and 3. Thanks.

What about the last 8 minutes? Unbelievable , could bode well the rest of the season..

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: Bubba]
      #246400 - 09/28/14 07:19 PM

What a comeback!!! I was at Halfies D2 wedding. When word went around that the Tigers had scored and cut it to 6 a crowd gathered in the bar and when they scored again they went crazy!
It could be a springboard. They have a decen shot of winning the East again now. Mauck once again was running for his life. He wasn't good but was great when it counted!

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#246402 - 09/28/14 08:06 PM

Missed seeing it but heard most on the squawker.

And odd grinding game that the Tigers made the most of in the closing minutes. Very impressive.

Great to knock SC off at home. Great to send their division chances packing. And this was to be their year.

I put this right up their in biggest conference win since joining the SEC. Tigers gain some cred with this one.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: last_stand]
      #246405 - 09/29/14 05:27 AM

Mauk had Gabbert feet and left the pocket early several times. He also had a Franklin arm.......overthrowing lots of people under throwing the ball he looked like chit. He wasn't running for his life all game. He was off. His pass to Sasser at the end was a great throw and catch. His pass to Lefty was a laser beam. The rest looked like ass

Murphy finally had a good game running the ball. Hansborough did also. We need them to play a bigger part earlier in the game. Establish the run and then burn them with the pass. I haven't seen than many Mizzou puts since Larry Smith was there. Our D held tough all night long. The O needs to get healthy and work out whatever they need to the next 2 weeks. We control our destiny right now to repeat.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#246406 - 09/29/14 06:10 AM

Mauk misses his favorite hood rat, smoke a bowl, drag a woman down some steps reciever. Not having 3 bad ass receivers who are 6'5"+ shows. He is a great QB, but right now he doesn't have quality receivers to throw to. He could have used Hunt this week to drop his usual 2-3 passes.

Pinkie better find some better taller receivers if Maty Mauk is gonna be the next Chase Daniel. Mizzou had had great receivers the last several years. T Rucker, Coffman, Maclin, Alexander, Washington, Lucas........to name a few. Right now we have Sasser. Hunt has to step it up and Culkin does too.

I bet Henry Josey wishes he was wearing a Mizzou jersey instead of a Jag's practice Jersey. Another great year in the SEC showing how durable he is would have helped him IMO. His great preseason didn't do much to help him make the 53 man roster.

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#246407 - 09/29/14 06:32 AM

True that Mauk didn't have his best game but there were a few factors that need to be considered. While SC's defense has not been stellar this season, it was still a SEC and top 15 team. You don't get there without some sort of decent defense. Second, the O-line was patchwork of players, replacing injured players and playing out-of-position. Most of the time he was leaving the pocket early was due to pressure. Let's not forget that Mauk isn't exactly a seasoned veteran at QB. He's still learning the ropes. I also would love to know his actual height. They list him at 6'-0" but I think he really only gets there with his platform shoes on.

If it weren't for the Indiana debacle, this team might be in the top 10 this week. After watching Georgia squeak by Tennessee, I think Mizzou has a legit shot at beating them. Then again, I thought they'd beat IU by 20 or more...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: sptsman]
      #246409 - 09/29/14 07:11 AM

McGovern is back in the spot he started last year. McNulty has played well once he came in. The line isn't in shambles like it was 2 years ago. It just needs to gel and do a better job. Mauk needs to believe and trust them. There was a late hit in the 4th quarter on Mauk that wasn't called also. He threw the ball, dude took 2 steps and hit him high in the shower and helmet area. They didn't call it. Should have. The SC bastard threw up his hands after he did it like oooopppps. Didn't mean to do it.

The line also can't be expected to block for 7-8 seconds at a time. The receivers have to do a better job. I hope we take advantage of this extra week off and get healthy. We need everyone back in top form for Bubba's Dawgs.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#246410 - 09/29/14 07:24 AM

A win against GA gives us the head to head wins and allows Mizzou to have a couple losses in conference play and still win the East.

It still won't get us any respect repeating as East champs. When Mizzou bass horrible year with tons of injuries...........we aren't ready to compete in the SEC. Win the East and its because everyone else had injuries. Repeat as champs and its because everyone else is having an off year and the SEC east isn't that good. I still think we have another 10 win season

The experts say we will get eat by A&M and Arkansas at home. It's our 4th trip in 5 meetings to play A&M at home. We stopped Manzel and Evans last year with our pass D. I like our chances again this year. Win next week and we are sitting damn good for a repeat. Loss and we are still in the hunt. The win at SC in the last couple drives was a big confidence boost for Mizzou. Maybe that will get the O going and wake them up finally.

--------------------

halfasmuch
action hero

Loc: Upper Oakville

#246413 - 09/29/14 09:51 AM

Apparently, it is not socially correct for the father of the bride to leave the reception area and go watch football with the rest of the ZOU types.. The grooms family all (and even the wimmin) showed up wearing Louisville Cardinal colors..

But as I told one of the non football types, I was "mingling" like I was supposed to... just happened to be time to mingle with the Zou crowd!
I am not totally sold on the Tiggers winning the east ....
A Georgia win would be huge.. That RB cant be solo tackled.
IF they could get a lead and force the dawgs to throw it, they have a chance!

My Tennessee Orange Koolaid drinkers swear they are getting better every game and they are willing to be right now that the VOLS whoop the Zou! They claim all those Frosh will be grown up by then... Apparently, there were at least a dozen kids that there first plane ride was the trip to Oklahoma1

--------------------
The difference between genius and stupidity
is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: halfasmuch]
      #246414 - 09/29/14 12:53 PM

The only fans more delusional than a Vol fan is a Piss State or Ole Piss fan. Tenn fans think they will compete for a National Championship every year before the season starts, no matter who is coaching, what happened last season, or if they had to replace every player on the team. Tennessee is getting better and should be great in a few years with all the experience those freshman will have in 3 years. Their QB on Saturday was on his back more than my college girlfriend after a KA frat party. If they don't start protecting him better, he will be in a hospital gown instead of a football uniform. I know they don't want their Soph QB in there.

If our O plays the same way against GA we won't have a chance to come back. A win against GA doesn't guarantee a repeat, but it puts is in control. 2 losses later still give us the head to head against USC and UGA we they both win out

--------------------

last_stand

#246600 - 10/09/14 06:09 AM

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/m...28dca3f1cc.html

Sure it's going to come down to the trenches.

To stop Gurley.

This game is not beyond the Tigers reach, but ALL cylinders are going to have to be humming to pull this off.

So the D wants to make Mason try to beat them.

And MM's offense needs to roll with both parts of their game against the dawgs vulnerable defense.

Has the makings for a barn burner.

I'm gonna guess here.....the Tigers will be ready, Gurley will get his yards, including a long one, but the game will turn and be on Mason and when it comes to Mauk versus Mason I like the Tigers chances.

Oh yeah.......Fork U Bubba!

--------------------

halfasmuch
action hero

Loc: Upper Oakville

#246601 - 10/09/14 07:15 AM

I will be treading water at Lake of the Ozarks during the game.... I hope lightning and thunder improve the reception in the boat!

I agree that Gurley gets his yards but Mizzou should be able to put up 24-28 pts...

--------------------
The difference between genius and stupidity
is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#246603 - 10/09/14 09:55 AM

Why last stand , was that really necessary?

I just happen to agree with your assessment.

If you happen to look around the 50 yard line on the east side either half way up or in the sky box area ..... I will be the red dot in a sea of gold .

Mizzou 32
Dawgs 28

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#246606 - 10/09/14 10:03 AM

My cousin NostraDennis the sportwriter says MU by 7. He expects TG to get his 150 and at least one score. He says the Dawgs defense is not that good and is verrrry thin in the secondary. He expects MM to put up some #'s. The Tigers had an extra week to prepare and are getting healthier with some wideouts back from the injury list.

--------------------

last_stand

#246608 - 10/09/14 11:36 AM

Quote:

Bubba said:

No.

But some one told me a long time ago it was considered standard protocol around here.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#246609 - 10/09/14 12:05 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

Bubba said:

No.

But some one told me a long time ago it was considered standard protocol around THIS PISSHOLE.
bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Fixed it for you..

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#246610 - 10/09/14 12:10 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
My cousin NostraDennis the sportwriter says MU by 7. He expects TG to get his 150 and at least one score. He says the Dawgs defense is not that good and is verrrry thin in the secondary. He expects MM to put up some #'s. The Tigers had an extra week to prepare and are getting healthier with some wideouts back from the injury list.

Your cousin is correct. Dawgs lost 2 more Defensive backs this week and they aren't strong there to begin with. Missing two starting wide outs and the number 2 running back . And Mason is not as strong as Mauk. The only plus for the DAwgs is Gurley.....LS and I stand by our prediction.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#246613 - 10/09/14 03:41 PM

Well , hell.......Just saw where Gurley is suspended indefinitely while under investigation for violating NCAA rules...

Last Stand and I wish to change our prediction..

Mizzou 32

Dawgs 17

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#246614 - 10/09/14 03:51 PM

Mason couldn't pass a bucket full of chicken and money around at a black family reunion. Without Gurley, GA has no offense. Theu are screwed. It might turn into a shutout. Bubba..........you still have time to jump off the GA bandwagon and into the Mizzou one before Saturday am.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#246615 - 10/09/14 05:08 PM

Welcome to the discussion .
Fortunately for me I am on both bandwagons. I'm thinking Mizzou shirt with my ga hat.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#246617 - 10/09/14 05:52 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Fortunately for me I am on both bandwagons. I'm thinking Mizzou shirt with my ga hat.

Mugwump Bubba

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: wuchang]
      #246618 - 10/09/14 06:08 PM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Quote:

Bubba said:

Mugwump Bubba

Mugwump? Damn Wu, how old are you?

Fork the NCAA and all of their stooped rules. Yeah, this helps Mizzou but damn, don't we want to see the best teams play with their best players. Unless the dude committed a felony, just do like everyone else in the SEC and bury it. The only thing I can figure is whatever happened was about to hit the media...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: sptsman]
      #246619 - 10/09/14 06:38 PM

He allegedly got money for his autograph...

Mugwump?? I think I am offended.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1259 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 12548

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page